Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - The Original
1050 North State Street
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - The Original
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 3122664820
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cigar Room, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Morton's in Chicago (The Original) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/statestreet
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - The Original
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - The Original - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - The Original reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)romantic (48)notable wine list (45)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great steak!foxgloveDined on 8/31/2014We go to Morton's each time we are in Chicago just for the steak! It was fabulous. The service was great --the waiter Pierre knew exactly when to bring dishes so to make the meal seamless. The only flaw --and a small one --was the special watermelon salad had no watermelon! But by the time Pierre returned to the table, husband had eaten it all anyway because it was so good! We also had the chocolate souffle -perfect ending to a perfect meal! Thank you!!Special Features:
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was great except for parking, nobody told us they would validate parking. We paid triple the amount we should have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceChaliDined on 8/28/2014Took my wife for her birthday dinner and the service was amazing starting from the manager. Thanks guys you the best of the all. The manager took it upon himself to park our car and didn't charge us,the waiter Pierre was super friends we had the best time at this place and will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab service and wonderful foodPebbles59Dined on 8/22/2014The service s impeccable at this, the original location of Morton's Steak house. Old fashioned full bar, no fancy mixology needed here, adds to the experience of the flavorful steaks and other dishes. I had the Shrimp Scampi Capellini, and my friends had huge New York Strip and the Filet. We shared the creamy and delightful sour cream mashed potatoes. No room for dessert. The place was hopping by the time we left (8pm-ish) with lots of families, business people and coules enjoying their food as much as we did. I took my friends because I had one of THE best steaks I've ever had in the city of Chicago there with my husband once. My girlfriends are steak eaters too so knew they would love it.Special Features:
- Best steak and serviceRogerDined on 8/18/2014The wedge salad with THE best blue cheese dressing in town is a must have!! The bone in ribeye was perfectly marbled and loaded with flavor. Now for the service.... Friendly,attentive,sincere. We shared a steak and our server suzane suggested a great glass of wine to accompany our steak. Yumm! Thank you for the great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorFRANKDined on 8/16/2014Had a 10-pm reservation after a show on a Saturday night. When we walked in we were not greeted in a happy fashion. I had to ask if we were at Morton's since the host had a look of horror that we walked in at 10pm. Another couple behind us had to do the same thing. Waiter never introduced himself at the start. You would think at the viagra triangle this place would be busting at the seams but it was quiet it was weird. Food was so-so. Steaks were switched and the waiter insisted that we had the correct steaks. (not).
- Vic & Nancy AnniversaryVNCtodineforDined on 8/16/2014A great night, from being greeted with "happy anniversary" from reception, being seated, server, and Pierre our waiter. Menu made specifically with our name on it, picture, and special lava desert was outstanding! Recommend to anyone particularly on an special occasion. This was our first time at Morton's in Chicago [original place], and would definitely return. Steak was outstanding, presentation of the appetizer was cool [Shrimp Cocktail on ice was special]; we felt like we were expected to be there and very welcome. Pierre's service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Winfrey special dinnerChiTown23foodloverDined on 8/16/2014First time dining at Morton's and we loved it! Our waiter Pierre was very knowledgeable of all the menu and he recommended some things that made our dinner very pleasurable and special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!woodsrupVIPDined on 8/15/2014Try the bone-in rib eye steak. Cooked medium rare to perfection.Special Features:
- My Favorite RestaurantneighborVIPDined on 8/15/2014As always, the food and service were excellent. Been there 3 times in a month. My very favorite restaurant and this is the best location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!!!!37birthdayDined on 8/8/2014Went here to celebrate my birthday and the service was wonderful they greeted us upon entering wishing me a happy birthday. I would highly recommend this restaurant and my waiter was excellent!!!! Great birthday!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I have been to Morton's a few times in California, and wanted to try the original. The food was excellent, the wine selection was what you would expect from a five star restaurant. The atmosphere was a little loud but not out of hand. My wife had white pants on and we were surprised when the waiter placed a black napkin on her lap. Overall the best meal we had in chicago.Special Features:
- Romantic Spot for Special OccasionschicagofoodiesDined on 8/8/2014Morton's Chicago was an excellent place to celebrate a romantic birthday dinner. We were given a friendly welcome and seated promptly at our reservation time at a table we requested. Throughout the night, service was extremely attentive and impeccable. The service staff was quite knowledgeable and accommodating. The meal was fantastic with freshly prepared salads, perfectly cooked filets, delicious sides, and an excellent birthday dessert. Never once did we feel rushed during our meal and the atmosphere was just right for a quiet evening dinner. Morton's is a reliable go-to for special occasions.Special Features:
- Best Birthday EverKatlady32Dined on 8/8/2014I took my best friend to dinner for her 40th birthday! I was pleasantly surprised that they were prep repaired for the event with personalized menu and the picture of us together. Awesome experience. I would recommend Morton's for great food and a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Anniversary dinnerBorn2travelDined on 8/6/2014We have been to Morton's a number of times but this visit was a disappointment. Unfortunately they didn't have enough waiting on staff which mean we were left pouring our own wine and waiting for service. Even worse when a large group arrived they were flooded with service to ensure that the staff did not miss out on their tip. This might be the original Morton's but it is a long way from being a good steak house.Special Features:
- Great Steak and ServicerynotherhinoDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went to Morton's on Saturday at 8:00 and had a great time. We both had Filet Mignon and they were outstanding. Cooked to perfection with more flavor than I usually expect with a filet. We started with the Oysters Rockefeller. They were good but only came with 4 oysters for $18 so I'd skip those next time. We also had the sauteed broccolini and twice baked potatoes that were both great. We finished with a pie of key lime pie and you could have rolled us out the door. Overall, the best part of the dinner was the steak and the service. We had two waiters coming to our table regularly and they were very helpful. I've recently eaten at Chicago Cut and Gene & Georgetti and I preferred my steak at Morton's.Special Features:
- Great food with great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Food was great ! Service was great! Pricy , but worth it ! I even got a follow up call the next day!Special Features:
- ExcellentbusinessdinersDined on 7/30/2014Business Dinner. Food and service were excellent. Will bring back other visitors to the best place for steak in Chicago. Thank you!Special Features:
- A very happy birthdayecclecticDined on 7/27/2014In my reservation, I mentioned that it was my husband's birthday and said anything special they could do would be appreciated. They welcomed him with a "happy birthday," took a commemorative photo, and brought a complimentary dessert. They were really nice touches that helped make the evening. I was extremely impressed with the service - so cordial without being overbearing. And of course, the steak (and sides) were delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary here and had a wonderful time! The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. We had the bone-in rib-eye steaks and they were done perfectly. The raspberry soufflé was sublime. The staff made sure every moment of our experience was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSamWillDined on 7/24/2014Made reservations at Morton's and was very pleased with our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun RibeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2014Order this steak at medium-rare and enjoy, as it's pretty much the finest steak available anywhere.Special Features:
- NealDined on 7/20/2014Food great except 2 filets were pretty rare. We have eaten at Morton's throughout the country and that is the first time a steak has not been cooked perfectly. A little disappointing but still a good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- double porterhouse rocksdoubleporterhouseDined on 7/9/2014We ordered two double porterhouses and split them between 4 people. It was plenty of food, cooked to perfection and unforgettably delicious. The service was outstanding. We were never without drinks and the entire staff was friendly and most attentive than any other restaurant I can remember. I recommend everyone go here at least once.Special Features:
- Another Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014We decided to try the original Morton's location in Chicago while vacationing in the city for a wedding. What a GREAT choice! Food was everything we expected and the service was exceptional. Thanks again for another terrific Morton's experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNwindianaDined on 7/5/2014Serve was above and beyond we were there with kids and the kids loved every minute of itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissapointed this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/3/2014The food quality was not up to standard any more. They messed up several items in our order. The salad was soggy and the souffles mushy. In addition for two in our group they prepared the meat wrong and for another one they managed to burn the fish.
- tomCatDined on 7/3/2014As usual the meat and service is excellent. This time we had an gluten intolerant person and at this type of good resturants you would expect they had glutenfree bread for serving as we others got it before the meals.Special Features:
- My Favorite RestaurantneighborVIPDined on 7/3/2014As always, the food and service were excellent. This is my very favorite restaurant. It has THE BEST steaks! The desserts are wonderful. At most restaurants, the desserts look better than they taste. Not at Morton's where the desserts look great but they taste even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish AND Great Service!memeDined on 7/2/2014We were so greatly pleased by the quality of the food - trying and sharing different entrees and sides - and especially the service! Our server, Kelly, was so personable - we observed her interacting with other tables and she really made a little boy's birthday celebration wonderful. She really made our experience special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect steakstanfordDined on 6/30/2014The service was excellent. The steaks were cooked perfectly. Great vacation dinner with wife and teenagers.Special Features:
- Best steak and lobster ever!DEESULDined on 6/28/2014Stopped in for a late dinner, the service was outstanding. I had the ribeye, the wife a filet, and we both had 2lb lobsters. Everything was perfectly prepared, and the quality and flavor was unbelievable. I wish I could eat there daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good stuffdisappointingDined on 6/28/2014hit or miss here, but overall i really do love the place…i think the quality depends on the night of the week, server, and chef….far better experience if you go during the week or early evening if it's a weekend…last time i went it was 630p on a saturday and it was outstanding…our server (forgot her name) was friendly, patient and very attentive and the food (porterhouse & sea bass) and manhattans (nice & strong;) were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Always!neighborVIPDined on 6/27/2014NEVER had a bad meal or service. In fact, we have reservations to go back again this week.Special Features:
- steered out of our seatsFoodloveDined on 6/23/2014food was great, nothing to complain there, but we were steered out of out seat rather abruptly.Special Features:
- Superb experience, money well-spentchanyliDined on 6/21/2014It was my birthday, and my parents' first visit to Chicago, so naturally Morton's, which originated from Chicago, comes into mind. Obviously, the restaurant do pay attention to details. First, we received a tailored menu with my name and birthday wishing. Then, we were entitled to one free dessert (which we, of course, picked the Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake). Last but not least, we got our picture taken and framed inside a Morton's folder. One may think that these are cliche stuffs, but honestly they made my birthday more special and memorable. Not to forget, the service by our server, Chavello, was excellent; patient, professional, and very well-versed with the menu. As for the steak, well, it is called Morton's steakhouse for a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousrichieDined on 6/21/2014Went to Morton's for my birthday dinner. Fabulous experience. Four courses for $49! Everything was wonderful. Personalized menu, and free 5x7 photo at the end of the meal. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyEdiva26Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I absolutely loved the restaurant. Our server was excellent honoring all our requests. The food was cooked to perfection. The entire staff was quite pleasant. We'll be making reservations again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTomCDined on 6/20/2014Visiting Chicago last weekend I had the opportunity to eat at Morton's Steakhouse. This is a historic restaurant with an impeccable reputation. I was not disappointed. The steaks were tender, juicy and grilled perfectly, the scallops were sautéed perfectly as well. Salads were massive in size and the service was without fault. For anyone who loves good steaks and seafood this restaurant is consistent and can always be counted on.Special Features:
- One of the Best in Chicago!jkurian1Dined on 6/15/2014Morton's is one of the best steakhouse's in Chicago, their food and service are top notch. Went there for my graduation and father's day. Had a personalized service for my graduation and great Father's day specials. Can't wait to go there again.Special Features: