Morton's The Steakhouse - Stamford
UBS Building, 377 North State Street
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Stamford
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2033243939x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday 3:00pm - 10:00pm * Summer Months Only
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Join us for Power Hour in the bar for specially priced drinks & Bar Bites available M-F from 5:00 - 6:30pm and 9pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Private Party Facilities: For those special occasions, Morton’s The Steakhouse offers luxuriously appointed private dining rooms and group dining accommodations. Our expert staff is dedicated to helping you plan the perfect event – whether it’s a business meeting or a birthday celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Tina Terenzio 8773914683
- Special Events: Morton's in Stamford hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/stamford
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Stamford
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Stamford reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (23)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Never DisapiontsNYprofessionaleaterVIPDined on 8/23/2014Most consistent chain period. Great food love bone in filet, seafood is great as well as service.Special Features:
- Very good steak houseShashiDined on 8/23/2014Unfortunately, the kitchen was very slow in getting out the dinners on a busy sat eve. But the steak was perfectly cooked ( recommend the bone in filet and the creamed spinach) In addition, our waitress was attentive and very personable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, not greatGoodfoodfanDined on 8/23/2014While Morton's is a classic steakhouse (a la carte menu) and lots of servers hovering around, our dinner was fair. I had to flag down our server to have my water refilled in spite of the fact that our table was assigned 2 servers for the four of us. My double pork chop was delivered rare (I asked for medium well) and by the time the chop came back, my 3 dining partners were pretty much finished. The food was good, but not getting a meat order correct is a big miss in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TJ142Dined on 8/21/2014Terrific dinner highlighted by wonderful service from 'The Aussie'. Our new favorite steak house in Stamford.Special Features:
- An old favorite...FoodloverJBDined on 8/16/2014Beautifully presented and exquisitely prepared courses. We resisted dessert because appetizers, wine, salads and entrees were soooo filling. A great night out!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014I've have eaten at Stamford Morton's several times over the years. The food and service are top-notch. However, prices are now Expense Account Only. Dinner for four with only two appetizers, one dessert and no alcohol, with tip, came to over $400. When I want to spend that kind of money for a meal, it won't be at Morton's.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Happy to have celebrating my fiance's birthday; Morton's did everything right.Special Features:
- solid steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Excellent Cajun Ribeye and filet, and shrimp cocktail. I wish they would still roll the cart of cuts around the dining room to show you before you order. That was always a neat Morton's signature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End DealctgalDined on 8/9/2014Morton's is an excellent high end restaurant with delicious food, great atmosphere and terrific service, but it can be pricey. I recently received an email from them about a deal featuring choice of salad, entree and dessert for $40. My husband and I dined there on Saturday night. We started with the warm onion bread. Mmmm. We actually requested that it be taken away so we didn't spoil our appretites. My ceasar salad was delicious, as was my husbands tomato & mozzarella salad. We both ordered the filet mignon and garlic string beans, which were perfect. I brought my key lime pie home for my son, but my husband enjoyed his. Look for their specials if you're on a budget. Otherwise, it is a bit pricey, but worth it!Special Features:
- For an upscale restaurant not goodFoodjunkiegirlDined on 8/8/2014Steak was way over seasoned. Could barely eat it. No reason for a place to be that expensive. Bathroom doors locks were broken and for the price you pay you shouldn't have a flaw in your meal. I'd never go back! There are so many better steak places, this one is not even on the list for me!Special Features:
- Fabulous!!LeftyVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food. Great drinks. Superb service by knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- always consistently goodfrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/6/2014service and food are always consistently good at any Morton'sSpecial Features:
- Lovely eveningsuzyqDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I had dinner to celebrate our anniversary. The food was very good, cooked to perfection. Service was great. The added date on the menu and complimentary picture and dessert was a nice touch. However, it is a little pricey. The valet parking should be included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre steaksAbenzDined on 7/17/2014Really not up to the standards I remember. My porterhouse was thin, chewy, and barely warm. There are too many other great steakhouses to choose from now, this one is not one of them.
- Zach25Dined on 7/10/2014Went with a group of 6 and had a great time. Excellent table selection on behalf of the restaurant. Staff was attentive and friendly. The food was paced out properly so it did not feel rushed.Special Features:
- Franchise Food at Steak House PricePWP27Dined on 7/10/2014Real N.Y. or Chicago steak house prices, i.e. Smith & Wollensky or Ditka's, with indifferently prepared food. Virtually nothing was executed well, main courses or side dishes. Morton"s didn't begin to come up to the level of quality and execution one expects for $35-$50 entrees. We would have had a better experience and relative value at an Outback Steak House. And the service was pretty bad as well.
- chipDined on 7/9/2014Tough, overcooked steak and shrimp cocktail, but the sides of hashed browns and creamed spinach were good.
- jk08Dined on 7/6/2014Excellent venue, great food, and very professional, helpful staff! Great place to go when arriving by train in Stamford.
- Holiday SpecialrgtctDined on 7/5/2014We took advantage of a holiday special for our anniversary and the deal was terrific - $35 per person for three courses. The Mortons salad, filet steak, sides adn key lime pie were delicous - perfectly prepared and presented. As this was a holiday weekend, the restaurant was not crowded - and the service was attendative adn accomodating. Wonderful, relaxing eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best mortons meal everLovetoeatVIPDined on 7/5/2014i have been too Mortons many times and don't think we have all had such a spectacular meal. they had a special 35th anniversary special that we decided to partake in. the steaks were cooked and tasted perfect. the chicken bianco was simply wonderful. the salads and onion soup were so good. the cosmopolitan was said to be best ever. simply outstandingI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/2/201435 anniversary special was poor quality meat. Would not recommend ordering this dish. The halibut was overcooked and very dry.
- SADLY LOBSTERS WERE OVERCOOKEDFOODREVIEW22222Dined on 6/29/2014EVEN THOUGH WE HAD ASKED THE JESSICA THE WAITRESS AND THE CHEF, AS WE DID MANY TIMES BEFORE AT THIS MORTON'S, THAT THE 2 TWO-POUND LOBSTERS NEED TO BE "NOT COOKED ALOT SINCE WE LIKE THEM MOIST AND SOFT"; THE LOBSTERS WERE OVERCOOKED AND HARD TO EAT (BUT THE TASTE WAS GOOD). THE PROBLEM IT SEEMS IS THAT THE CHEF COOKED THE LOBSTER BEFORE WE WERE FINISHED WITH OUR APPETIZER AND SOUPS. WE HAD TOLD JESSICA THE WAITRESS TO PLEASE NOT HAVE THE LOBSTERS COOKING UNTIL AFTER WE WERE DONE WITH THE APPETIZER AND SOUPS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Befitting a milestone celebrationseasonedspouseDined on 6/28/2014Besides the usual outstanding service, the treatment for a special occasion is above and beyond. A specially printed menu starts off the night followed by a photograph which is delivered in a custom folder with well wished from the restaurant. The wait staff is so well trained and they deliver a flawless experience. The meal was perfectly prepared as was the complimentary souffle. A totally enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Too bad service is lackingCTLeftyDined on 6/27/2014We went for the lobster special. The lobster was great, but the service was not. The lobsters arrived, but we had to ask for lobster bibs, crackers, small forks and a bowl for the shells. We never received any wetnaps to clean off our hands after the lobster. We ended up going to the restroom to clean up and the water was scalding hot. We ordered a special dessert when we placed our dinner order and when we mentioned it, the waitress thought whe was funny and said that she missed the order, but brought it 5 minutes later and said it was a joke. Not a great way to end the meal.Special Features:
- HeatherDined on 6/25/2014We hesitated going again so close in relation to our last visit but we're so glad that we did. Our last visit the food was "OK" but I was a bit disappointed with the flavor of the filet (as were the others in our party). This time, however, Morton's was back on track. Filet was delicious. Unfortunately those who were first time diners with us the last visit won't come back with us to prove how good they normally are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's- StamfordBetterathomeDined on 6/24/2014Went with a couple colleagues to have a good meal. The service was great- We all got salads which were excellent- and the onion loaf is always devine. We all got steak of some sort- and all were saisfied but not blown away. The sides were good- but maybe we chose poorly (twice baked au gratin potatoes and mushrooms and sauteed spinach.) We finished the meal sharing the warm fruit crisp- which was good- however- again- not the best I ever had.Special Features:
- Service was wonderfulBabsDined on 6/15/2014From entering to leaving and picking up valet parked car the staff was friendly and professionalSpecial Features:
- FoodKimmyDined on 6/15/2014Server and host and hostess were great and personable. Always seeing if we needed anything. It was the BEST and most perfectly cooked piece of filet mignon we have ever had. We enjoyed Fathers Day very much thanks to Mortons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeatherDined on 6/15/2014Never disappoints! Normally a "date night" for us but this time brought the family (8 total). Everything was delicious, service was great, and even our 2 year old behaved herself while she "dined" on the sour cream mashed potatoes. It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MORTON'S STEAKOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Morton's Steakhouse. The wine was perfect, the steaks were cooked to perfection and our server, an Aussie, couldn't have been nicer. It's a little on the expensive side for us, but it was a special occasion, we had tickets for Il Volo at The Palace after dinner. We live on Long Island, but will be sure to check out Morton's in Manhattan for our next special date.Special Features:
- The following 480 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Stamford reviews archive.
- GREAT ExperienceYummyVIPDined on 6/13/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate my husband's birthday. The staff treated us like royalty. We had a GREAT time.Special Features:
- DeanofDineDined on 5/31/2014We were welcomed and quickly seated for our reservation. The staff was professional and engaging. We took advantage of their limited time Summer Special menu, which offered both variety and good value. Service was attentive and informative. The room seemed a bit outdated. The meal was interrupted twice by fire alarms and follow-up announcements to ignore the alarms. I was surprised to discover a sizeable line item for valet parking in Stamford. It was disruptive for them to be conducting such tests during a Saturday night dinner service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for birthdaysLuv2dineDined on 5/29/2014I loved the picture we received as a take home gift for my birthday. Great service!Special Features:
- KB24Dined on 5/25/2014meat dishes were great and souffle was wonderful. unfortunately, there was so much garlic on the broccoli that it was inedibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The food and service were amazing! It was my wife's birthday and it couldn't of went any better. Our waiter Jody was amazing and made us feel like we were the only diners in the room. And the Happy Birthday Menu was a wonderful touch...can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTEDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014too few steak choices. hash brown potatoes were cold in middle. MUCH too expensive for what you get. will not return.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerCbanger42Dined on 4/18/2014Dinner at Morton's was a very pleasant and romantic experience. Truly one of the best steaks that I have ever had in my life. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what they once wereCTLeftyVIPDined on 4/13/2014For us, Morton's was always the 'go to' place for a special occasion. We knew that we would get a great meal. The quality of Morton's has gone way down, at least the one in Stamford. The presentation of both the meal and the desserts is gone. And the choices, although expanded is very ordinary. The caesar salad was very good, but loaded with slices of cheese but not one crouton. The entrees were good, but they used to be outstanding. The portion size is a great deal smaller. One big example is the fresh berries with sabayon. You could easily count the number of berries (and it was a small number) and the sabayon was more like whipped cream.Special Features:
- ConsistentJoePVIPDined on 4/5/2014Like most Morton's the steaks were delicious particulary the cajun ribeye and the service prompt and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's has delicious primeOppi328VIPDined on 3/30/2014Morton's has delicious prime steaks! I had the baked seafood appetizer which consists of 1 oyster Rockefeller, 1 crab cake, 1 scallop wrapped in bacon, and 1 shrimp Alexander. It was delicious! My son had a tomato and onion salad ,and my husband had a chopped salad. All of us had steaks for our entrees. I had a porterhouse, my son had a filet, and my husband had a sirloin. For dessert, we ordered one chocolatiers soufflé . Morton's offers 4 different soufflés. We got to choose between chocolate, lemon, raspberry, and granmaniere. We recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.