Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton
7822 Bonhomme Avenue
Clayton, MO 63105Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (314) 725-4008
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30 - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30 - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Please call for details (314) 725-4008.
- Special Events: Morton's in St. Louis (Clayton) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/stlouis
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton - Best Restaurants in Clayton ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)romantic (32)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- EasterVIPDined on 11/15/2014Everyone was pleasant and made us feel special. The service and food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's was outstanding! Perfecto!DonnieBoyDined on 11/15/2014We have been trying out several top rated STL restaurants over the past year and rating each one on a scale of 1-10. Morton's was the only one that received a perfect score of 10. The appetizer, main dish, dessert, drinks and service all received a ratng of a 10! We were celebrating our 2nd anniversary and could not have picked a better place to celebrate.Special Features:
- Great Service, great host, great food.Jordan10Dined on 11/14/2014I would recommend Mortons to others. The treatment my wife, and I, received was nothing short of graceful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2014Advertised an on-line special. Waitress did not mention special while talking about specials for the night, I had to bring it up. After that felt like our table was pushed aside for service the rest of the evening. Too long between courses, drink orders and receiving check. Very disappointed. Prior times there service had been fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly impressed!MatthewDined on 10/25/2014Possibly one of THE FINEST dining experiences my wife and I have ever had the pleasure to take part in! Everything was impeccable! Thank you for the wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday EveningCurmudgeonlyfoodieDined on 10/23/2014My friends and I had a wonderful time at Morton's. The service was excellent and the food was good. In addition, a great deal was done for us to help celebrate my friend's birthday. I only wish they had seasoned all the food a little more with salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AnniversarysbsbDined on 10/22/2014My wife and I had our 31st anniversary there and throughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- monticelloDined on 10/18/2014We are from Ky. and this was a very nice place come for a GREAT meal like all of Mortens !!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent service, food was outstanding. The surf & turf special for $55 was a great value and brought us into the restaurant.Special Features:
- great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/17/2014Everything was great, but particularly the signature strip was signatureSpecial Features:
- Loved it!JohnDined on 10/17/2014The food was great. The sevice was great. I liked that the service was so good, but they didn't hover over every minute. It is a bit pricey, but worth it for a treat or special occasion. I was impressed by the personalized menu.Special Features:
- AnotherSatisfiedCustomerDined on 10/12/2014Great food and excellent service! At a time when it seems customer service is at an all time low, it's nice to know there are restaurants that still know how to take care of a paying customer. BRAVO MORTON'S!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Steakhouse Great ServiceBufgirlDined on 10/10/2014First visit to Morton's was very enjoyable. Classic steaks and a better than average selection of other entrees. We all enjoyed our selections but the filets were a bit overcooked and not as tender as we would have expected. Our friend raved about his short ribs and Morton's salad. Scallops on the mixed grill were perfectly cooked. The best part of the experience was the service. We were warmly greeted and well attended to. Everyone was friendly, professional, and a bit relaxed. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticnohassle5Dined on 10/5/2014Incredible Food and Spectacular Service. Attended for our anniversary in which they provided a custom Anniversary Menu, and A Commemorative Photo of our visit. Highly Recommend.Special Features:
- Great evening outTCGirlDined on 9/16/2014Best steak I've ever had! Beef melts in your mouth. Fabulous service. Highly recommend.
- THE Place to GoSoulmatesDined on 9/12/2014Went here for a romantic anniversary dinner and the service, staff, food, and ambiance was beyond wonderful. This won't just be our favorite special occasion restaurant but will now just be our favorite. Our hostess (Erica) was wonderful and her recommendations were spot-on. When every bite is as good as the first it really says it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth every penny ...MikeInSTLDined on 9/6/2014The food and staff were excellent and made our anniversary very special. For this kind of personal service, it's a real bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement CelebrationEnjoyfinediningDined on 8/30/2014Gathered a group of friends to celebrate the retirement of a friend. Morton's took care of us pleasantly but thoroughly. All drinks and food courses exactly correct and service was professional but friendly. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- AwesomeDiningDined on 8/15/2014The evening was great, our server was superb and we had a wonderful night. This is not my first time and each time I am impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mortons-ClaytonMast29Dined on 8/14/2014Superb food...superb service! I would highly recommend Morton's in Clayton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Our server was great. Someone at the table left a gift card on the table and the server followed us out of the restaurant in order to return it to her. The food was good, but not outstanding. There are local restaurants in St. Louis that are superior.
- Celebration placeCharlieDined on 8/8/2014Morton's prints a personalized menu and takes a photo of you to help celebrate your special day! Love their thoughtfulness and the food is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceysteakfan4614Dined on 8/3/2014Good food, great service, but very dark and incredibly pricey. There is no getting around that Morton's has great steaks, but so do a lot of other resturants in town for much less! No cup of coffee after dinner is worth $9.50 either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014I have been to several Morton's restaurants over the years. This one was run down, could certainly use a facelift. The steaks came out cooked to our liking but were cold so we had to send them back to get heated. Overall we were disappointed especially since your expectations are pretty high when you decide to go to Morton's
- Underwhelming and not kid friendlyMarried2kidsDined on 7/26/2014We took our entire family for a dinner at Morton's. Overall, we left disappointed. The food was expensive, but I was willing to overlook it as long as it was good. We also had a 5 year old and 18 month old in tow. Maybe it's because of this that we felt somewhat ignored and snubbed by staff. Phone signal is poor in the restaurant and I needed Internet to keep my kids seated. I asked a waiter what the password to the "free" wifi was. He was somewhat obnoxious. The food itself was nothing special, especially when considering we paid $40-50 per entree. Steak was overdone. The manager came over to all the tables and took pictures except for ours. I presume they didn't like the fact that we had younger ones. I won't be back to find out.
- The following 576 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton reviews archive.
- Nice meal & accomodated time changeDebinSTLVIPDined on 7/12/2014We took a group of employees to Morton's for a special Thank You meal. We had some transportation issues which delayed our arrival by 45 minutes. I called to let them know and they were extremely accommodating and said they would have our table waiting. The service was pleasant and punctual, the food was delicious and we all had a great time. We had a group of 8 people and they had two servers working on our table which was smart and made the evening go much smoother. The only slight issue was they have an item on their seasonal menu - heirloom baby carrots. They were served practically raw. I asked to have them cooked more - and they didn't charge them for me since I wasn't happy with how they had arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!Moonlight6Dined on 7/6/2014Took my mother, wife and 13 yr old son to the $35, 3 course special over the holiday weekend. It was perfect for the 3 of them. Of course, I had to get the ribeye ; ) Great time was had by all. No complaints whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- less than averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014I was disappointed. I thought Morton's was a no miss. but it was a miss. Maybe it was because it was a Sunday. The NY strip I had was average at best. I bought a 7 dollar steak at Schnucks last night and grilled it and it was better. My daughter ordered lobster. they were out of it so she got crab legs. they brought her two big crab legs. not enough food for $66. probably should have ordered a filet. they can't mess that up, can they?
- Fathers DaystltravellerDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day and were not disappointed. They had a special $59/pp price fixe menu. It was full size options, too! Turned out to be a great dinner out for Dad and the rest of us. He even left with leftovers.Special Features:
- AwesomedavidDined on 6/11/2014It was our first experience at Morton's. Perfect experience and ridiculously awesome food.Special Features:
- JigsawJigsawDined on 6/10/2014The staff in Clayton always helps make this Morton's stand out. Great food, perfectly prepared, with top notch service. Also, it's more than just great steak. I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late ArrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/8/2014We actually had reservations at Ruth Chris for dinner but even though open table had the last reservation at 945 they told us that they closed their kitchen at 9. We later found out they are suppose to close at 10 but the staff wanted to leave early. I don't think their management knew this. Anyhow Morton's....wonderful. They were so kind and didn't care that we had a 915 reservation. They made us feel at home and didn't rush. Our waitress was amazing and the hostess was so sweet. Morton's has always been top notch but this was by far the best Morton's I've ever been too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingabowler82Dined on 6/5/2014Super friendly. Excellent steaks! Staff made us feel very special; we were celebrating the husbands new job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 0c11Dined on 5/25/2014Very nice, good food, excellent service, not very busySpecial Features:
- DisappointingGeoJetsonDined on 5/24/2014No baked potatoes available on a Saturday evening? Unbelievable situation and disappointing to say the least. The signature drinks were illegible. Nothing but the service was up to snuff. This was the first time we had experience this level of incompetence but we probably won't be going back for another (unless someone else is buying). Sorry, Morton's, you have just been crossed off our favorites list.
- rehersal dinnergroomsmotherDined on 5/18/2014Went for my late birthday dinner. having sons rehersal dinner in July there. I believe it will be a nice experience.Special Features:
- AWESOME~blondeunoDined on 5/17/2014My first trip to Morton's and I was impressed !.. Went there for a friends 50th birthday they celebrated it with us with class and style but not over the top. Jeff the GM is amazing and our waitress Amy was awesome as well!Special Features:
- Best dinner I've ever hadGimmyDined on 5/16/2014I gone to a lot of high end restaurants including all the celeberty ones. This was the best meal I've ever had. Everything from the service to the host to the food was exceptional!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal touches made it specialOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/15/2014We have been here many times and the food is always great. But this time they inquired if we were celebrating anything - we were, and they did several extra things to make it a personalized and memorable occasion for our new college graduate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerNellsbellsDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I went here for our first wedding anniversary. If was amazing. Expensive, but amazing. The food was phenomenal, the service was great and they even treated us to dessert and took a complimentary picture of us that they then set on our table during dinner and emailed me the digital copy. We were really impressed. Definitely a place we would recommend and would go back to for future special occasions.Special Features: