Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton
7822 Bonhomme Avenue
Clayton, MO 63105Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3147254008
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30 - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30 - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Please call for details (314) 725-4008.
- Special Events: Morton's in St. Louis (Clayton) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/stlouis
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton - Best Restaurants in Clayton ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (26)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Best steak I've ever had! Beef melts in your mouth. Fabulous service. Highly recommend.
- THE Place to GoSoulmatesDined on 9/12/2014Went here for a romantic anniversary dinner and the service, staff, food, and ambiance was beyond wonderful. This won't just be our favorite special occasion restaurant but will now just be our favorite. Our hostess (Erica) was wonderful and her recommendations were spot-on. When every bite is as good as the first it really says it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth every penny ...MikeInSTLDined on 9/6/2014The food and staff were excellent and made our anniversary very special. For this kind of personal service, it's a real bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement CelebrationEnjoyfinediningDined on 8/30/2014Gathered a group of friends to celebrate the retirement of a friend. Morton's took care of us pleasantly but thoroughly. All drinks and food courses exactly correct and service was professional but friendly. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- AwesomeDiningDined on 8/15/2014The evening was great, our server was superb and we had a wonderful night. This is not my first time and each time I am impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mortons-ClaytonMast29Dined on 8/14/2014Superb food...superb service! I would highly recommend Morton's in Clayton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Our server was great. Someone at the table left a gift card on the table and the server followed us out of the restaurant in order to return it to her. The food was good, but not outstanding. There are local restaurants in St. Louis that are superior.
- Celebration placeCharlieDined on 8/8/2014Morton's prints a personalized menu and takes a photo of you to help celebrate your special day! Love their thoughtfulness and the food is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceysteakfan4614Dined on 8/3/2014Good food, great service, but very dark and incredibly pricey. There is no getting around that Morton's has great steaks, but so do a lot of other resturants in town for much less! No cup of coffee after dinner is worth $9.50 either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014I have been to several Morton's restaurants over the years. This one was run down, could certainly use a facelift. The steaks came out cooked to our liking but were cold so we had to send them back to get heated. Overall we were disappointed especially since your expectations are pretty high when you decide to go to Morton's
- Underwhelming and not kid friendlyMarried2kidsDined on 7/26/2014We took our entire family for a dinner at Morton's. Overall, we left disappointed. The food was expensive, but I was willing to overlook it as long as it was good. We also had a 5 year old and 18 month old in tow. Maybe it's because of this that we felt somewhat ignored and snubbed by staff. Phone signal is poor in the restaurant and I needed Internet to keep my kids seated. I asked a waiter what the password to the "free" wifi was. He was somewhat obnoxious. The food itself was nothing special, especially when considering we paid $40-50 per entree. Steak was overdone. The manager came over to all the tables and took pictures except for ours. I presume they didn't like the fact that we had younger ones. I won't be back to find out.
- Nice meal & accomodated time changeDebinSTLVIPDined on 7/12/2014We took a group of employees to Morton's for a special Thank You meal. We had some transportation issues which delayed our arrival by 45 minutes. I called to let them know and they were extremely accommodating and said they would have our table waiting. The service was pleasant and punctual, the food was delicious and we all had a great time. We had a group of 8 people and they had two servers working on our table which was smart and made the evening go much smoother. The only slight issue was they have an item on their seasonal menu - heirloom baby carrots. They were served practically raw. I asked to have them cooked more - and they didn't charge them for me since I wasn't happy with how they had arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!Moonlight6Dined on 7/6/2014Took my mother, wife and 13 yr old son to the $35, 3 course special over the holiday weekend. It was perfect for the 3 of them. Of course, I had to get the ribeye ; ) Great time was had by all. No complaints whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- less than averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014I was disappointed. I thought Morton's was a no miss. but it was a miss. Maybe it was because it was a Sunday. The NY strip I had was average at best. I bought a 7 dollar steak at Schnucks last night and grilled it and it was better. My daughter ordered lobster. they were out of it so she got crab legs. they brought her two big crab legs. not enough food for $66. probably should have ordered a filet. they can't mess that up, can they?
- Fathers DaystltravellerDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day and were not disappointed. They had a special $59/pp price fixe menu. It was full size options, too! Turned out to be a great dinner out for Dad and the rest of us. He even left with leftovers.Special Features:
- AwesomedavidDined on 6/11/2014It was our first experience at Morton's. Perfect experience and ridiculously awesome food.Special Features:
- JigsawJigsawDined on 6/10/2014The staff in Clayton always helps make this Morton's stand out. Great food, perfectly prepared, with top notch service. Also, it's more than just great steak. I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late ArrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/8/2014We actually had reservations at Ruth Chris for dinner but even though open table had the last reservation at 945 they told us that they closed their kitchen at 9. We later found out they are suppose to close at 10 but the staff wanted to leave early. I don't think their management knew this. Anyhow Morton's....wonderful. They were so kind and didn't care that we had a 915 reservation. They made us feel at home and didn't rush. Our waitress was amazing and the hostess was so sweet. Morton's has always been top notch but this was by far the best Morton's I've ever been too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingabowler82Dined on 6/5/2014Super friendly. Excellent steaks! Staff made us feel very special; we were celebrating the husbands new job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 0c11Dined on 5/25/2014Very nice, good food, excellent service, not very busySpecial Features:
- DisappointingGeoJetsonDined on 5/24/2014No baked potatoes available on a Saturday evening? Unbelievable situation and disappointing to say the least. The signature drinks were illegible. Nothing but the service was up to snuff. This was the first time we had experience this level of incompetence but we probably won't be going back for another (unless someone else is buying). Sorry, Morton's, you have just been crossed off our favorites list.
- The following 566 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - St. Louis - Clayton reviews archive.
- rehersal dinnergroomsmotherDined on 5/18/2014Went for my late birthday dinner. having sons rehersal dinner in July there. I believe it will be a nice experience.Special Features:
- AWESOME~blondeunoDined on 5/17/2014My first trip to Morton's and I was impressed !.. Went there for a friends 50th birthday they celebrated it with us with class and style but not over the top. Jeff the GM is amazing and our waitress Amy was awesome as well!Special Features:
- Best dinner I've ever hadGimmyDined on 5/16/2014I gone to a lot of high end restaurants including all the celeberty ones. This was the best meal I've ever had. Everything from the service to the host to the food was exceptional!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal touches made it specialOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/15/2014We have been here many times and the food is always great. But this time they inquired if we were celebrating anything - we were, and they did several extra things to make it a personalized and memorable occasion for our new college graduate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerNellsbellsDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I went here for our first wedding anniversary. If was amazing. Expensive, but amazing. The food was phenomenal, the service was great and they even treated us to dessert and took a complimentary picture of us that they then set on our table during dinner and emailed me the digital copy. We were really impressed. Definitely a place we would recommend and would go back to for future special occasions.Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerDandTDined on 4/26/2014Everything about our experience at Morton's was great. I made online reservations and we were seated promptly. The server was helpful and cheerful, and answered questions we had about the menu since it was our first time. The food was served timely and was hot. The steaks (6 oz filets) were cooked correctly. The macaroni and cheese was AWESOME, as were the brussel spouts. We also ordered the carrot cake. It was really good. We just wish we could have finished it!! Morton's has a nice atmosphere, yet the staff is friendly. I dislike eating at a high end restaurant and having snobs for staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!BDDFCDined on 4/4/2014We went to Morton's Steakhouse expecting great food and great service and we got exactly that! It's a very relaxed, somewhat elegant atmosphere and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great FoodpetervanaDined on 3/31/2014I was in the mood for a great steak and the 12 oz. Filet was it. That with grilled asparagus and a crab cake appetizer hit the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeDcb907Dined on 3/28/2014Very much enjoyed. Took my wife, son and mother-in-law, for my son's 16th birthday dinner we had the porter houses and the women had filets. Steaks were done perfectly and tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionJeffDined on 3/20/2014As always the food was great and the service was very good. Everything you would want from a high end steakhouse. The steaks were cooked just the way we requested and the seafood was very good. You can aways find an interesting glass of wine.Special Features:
- Very good experienceMayorDined on 3/14/2014Staff was interested in our occasion for the evening and personalized our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinner was excellent -luvtoeat2Dined on 3/12/2014Our dinner was excellent - Laura took good care of us and could answer our questions.Special Features:
- The staff was some of theRobertDined on 3/8/2014The staff was some of the most accommodating people I have experienced at a restaurant. The steaks are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was great. OrderedDelightfulDined on 3/8/2014Dinner was great. Ordered Lava cake for dessert. Cautioned the waitress that the last three times I ordered Lava cake (at other restaurants) I had been disappointed. Lava cake arrived: a perfect 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priceddcggDined on 3/4/2014The food was good but the portions were terrible for the price. I would not recommend to anyone. Overpriced steaks!
- Our order was mixed but sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014Our order was mixed but since it took long time we say with itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryFoodDined on 2/25/2014It was our first time at Morton's The Steakhouse for our anniversary. Workers greeted us with a genuine smile and wished us a happy anniversary. Food was delicious! Customer service was excellent. Best steak he ever tasted. I got lamb, and I'm big on flavors. Our waiter made a suggestion of adding cajun to have more of a burst of flavor to my taste buds. That was a great idea because it was the best lamb I've tasted. They decorated the plate for our anniversary when we ordered crème brûlée. There was strawberry that was cut into a shape like a rose. It was pretty. The food was pricey, but taste was so worth it. I highly recommend this place because I will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but excellentumbrelladrinksDined on 2/22/2014I'm pretty sure most people are familiar with the chain so they know what to expect in terms of prices. Yes, it's pricey, but they have great food and a great wine list with some rare wines. Only one note is that it took about 20 minutes to get our first drink and for someone to take an appetizer order, but after that, everything was timed perfectly.Special Features:
- Food and service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2014Food and service was outstanding. Everyone in my party enjoyed it.Special Features: