Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle
1511 6th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (206) 223-0550
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 4:45pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Seattle hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/seattle
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)notable wine list (24)romantic (23)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (16)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Food was greatImpeccableDined on 11/11/2014(Seattle) Last time I visited Mortons it was jam packed and we were lucky to get a seat at the bar. I ordered Lamb chops and enjoyed it very much. This time (on Veterans Day) I knew I wanted a steak but wasnt sure which one I should get. I asked the Server to give me his opinion on which steak he likes, he told me. Then I asked him to elaborate about the steak (It was the cajun steak). He was able to give me a detailed description about the way it was seasoned, prepared, how tender the meat would be, how the outside would be and what grade the meat was elaborating on the difference in grades. He was spot on and my food was excellent. He did the same with my wife helping her choose what kind of seafood to get. I was deeply impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1182014vhpmargDined on 11/8/2014Ices in my cup. HvgjbdjgfghbvfjbfhbvygdbfgjvffgnbdhncfngSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the top restaurant week valueRobInNOLADined on 10/30/2014We read that Morton's offered the best value for restaurant week. We decided to try it out and see for ourselves. We had looked at the menu ahead of time, and while we weren't terribly impressed with the small list of options, we figured they must be amazing if the reviews were so positive. Restaurant week is a fixed price 3 course menu for $30. Morton's is a steakhouse, so of course I had to get the steak option (a 6 oz filet). While the steak was good and was cooked nicely to my medium rare specification, it was not exceptional. The price was $40 (a $10 upcharge for the steak) which then put the meal on par with their standard dinner menu, defeating the whole purpose of restaurant week. No prices were listed for cocktails... $15/eaSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinneryummyDined on 10/28/2014A great spot for ambiance, romance and wonderful food. Don't forget to save room for the Gran Mariner souffle, as it is worth the trip downtown alone! Also, let you server choose your wine, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRCinputDined on 10/24/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating our First Year Anniversary. Morton's always does a wonderful job making the occasion feel special. The food was amazing as always. I would HIGHLY recommend this establishment for anyone wanting to be treated well.Special Features:
- Bait and SwitchGreatVIPDined on 10/23/2014Visited mortons thursday october 23rd to take advantage of $30.00 dinners for seattle restaurant week. The restauirant provides a $30.00 menu for this special event. However, listed on this menu was a 6 oz steak for an additional $10.00. Thus, making the $30.00 advertised price $40.00. I don’t feel as this is the spirit of the event. It was bait and switch. Btw, the service and steak was excellent.Special Features:
- uh okBelltowngirlVIPDined on 10/23/2014We went for Seattle restaurant week. The deal is $30 for a meal well they rip you off and have steak for $40. We all ordered steak the side dishes were awful with an explanation that the kitchen was doing the best they could. The waiter was apathetic and getting him to bring us anything seemed like a real effort to him.
- great foodAwesome2dineDined on 10/18/2014Great food great service and the dee-mail deals are a great dealSpecial Features:
- Amazing SteakGooseDined on 10/17/2014I was most impressed with the bone in rib eye steak! Wow like butter!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done. Great food.Jdogg83Dined on 10/11/2014Will tell everyone about this experience. It was specific to my girlfriends B Day & she was amazed. The Staff were very accommodating & friendly. The picture you guys took topped it off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very average for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Meat not cooked properly, veggies as well... have had better at The Keg!Special Features:
- Special Occasiontrvlgrl1Dined on 9/29/2014My husband took me to dinner for a big birthday and he mentioned it at the time he made the reservation. When we arrived the host immediately wished me a Happy Birthday. Took us to the best table in the house, our waiter immediately wished me Happy Birthday, the menu we were given had the days date and Happy Birthday on it the we were able to keep. Service was excellent, the waiter surprised me with a Birthday soufflé, lit candle all on the house and the host took our picture and presented it to us in a Morton's frame. They could not have done anything else to have made the day more special. My husband has already said he wants to go back for his birthday in December.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never will go to Morton's again.JTB1VIPDined on 9/27/2014The absolute worst meal ever. It is hard to believe a steak house does not know how to cook a steak but Morton's does not. Myself and another guest ordered a filet medium rare and both we served raw ( not rare- raw) they took the steaks back and returned with so much char it could not be eaten. They made new steaks and they were cooked to medium rare but it was like chewing leather. So they ended up taking the two steaks off but I left the restaurant hungry. Morton's as a chain is going down hill and had issues in Chicago and New Orleans too.
- Still a classicOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014From the warm wood beams, to the cozy booth seating, Morton's remains the best steakhouse in Seattle. Center cut ribeye was cooked to perfection and the souffle was light as air. And, don't let me forget to mention the truffled french fries. Divine! Only letdown: the Shidoku oysters were milky (all but one). Wish we would've sent them back. Kudos to server Marcus for a great job of pacing the meal and saving us from the uppity cart presentation of fresh menu items as we'd seen it multiple times. Hands down, the best steakhouse.Special Features:
- Just okAHB1Dined on 9/20/2014For a restaurant that has a la carte entrees that start at $40, this should be an experience. Service was fine, nothing special. Restaurant appearance was dated. Food was fine but again nothing special. Does not even begin to rival the Met or Ruth Chris
- not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014stick with another place, food was fine, steak was cooked just right but for the price I would recommend another restaurant.Special Features:
- Morton's SeattleIslandMGDined on 9/13/2014Had a great experience at Morton's for our anniversary dinner. We even received commemorative menus with the date. The service and timing of courses were impeccable. Our server had some great suggestions and was always there to make sure we had beverages. A lovely, leisurely evening of great dining.Special Features:
- Good FoodLenientJimDined on 9/13/2014The food was pricey, but tasty. Expect to pay at least $60 per person without drinks. Service was slow (2 courses took 90 minutes). I don't think I will be back as it just wash;t good enough to compensate for the negatives described.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great service great steaks and Lobster Bisque was the worst I have ever had here extremely watery which was a surprise because this is a favorite of mine hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To die for filetfiletfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Everything was excellent. Now that I know what Lyonaisse potatoes are, I will always order them. They reminded me of the ones I once had in Chicago's Little Italy. The onion bread is very unique. The bernaise sauce topped off the filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR SPEECIAL NITE IN SEATTLETexpat89Dined on 9/9/2014When traveling we always try to have one night for a "special" dinner. We don't have Morton's in Austin, TX, so when we are on a trip and they have a Morton's, that is MY pick! GREAT food, GREAT service, and as always a true pleasurable evening!Special Features:
- MackinacDined on 9/6/2014Very nice atmosphere. Food was above average. Service was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I love coming to Mortons, the food is good and it's quiet even when it's full. I'm not a fan of loud restaurants. The service is always friendly and not overly attentive, just the right amount. Oscar was our server and he was great. He even asked if my boyfriend's martini was okay because he noticed he was nursing it. It was good, he's just a slow drinker. Hope to come back soonest! Also, get on their mailing list. They often have specials that are well worth taking advantage of.Special Features:
- Juicy and tenderHuskyrickDined on 8/16/2014When you want the perfect steak, Morton's can't be beat. Love that there are two sizes for entrees. I had the price-fixe 3 course Summer Special which was perfect. Spouse had the bone-in ribeye, enough for lunch the next day.Special Features:
- Morton's a Mustluv2eatgudbeefDined on 8/14/2014Loved the Prime Burger Special. Delicious and Fresh. Though French frys are not on my diet. I had to have some pf Morton's. They are delicious. My friends and I will certainly do this again. If a person was not into bread they could order the Prime Burger sans bun and it would still be a hit. Excellent eating at Morton's. Always.Special Features:
- You have to eat here!SimplyAmazingFoodDined on 8/12/2014My daughter and son recommended for me to go and eat at Morton's, when I was in Seattle. I booked a table for 4, and it was our first time there for all 4 of us. Three of us had the August featured special, for $40.00. The entire dinning experience was amazing, I would go back in a heart beat. I am looking forward to my next visit, the meal was prepared perfectly, and was the filet mignon was great. Everything that was featured on the August special was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine with friendstommygrubDined on 8/4/2014Great dinner and the wait staffer knew all of the menuSpecial Features:
- Being a VIP pays offFoodieDined on 8/4/2014I signed up online for the VIP Morton's club and liked them on facebook so I knew about the $60 and $40 three course meals.. which made the dinner affordable for the extraordinary! Always love Morton's!.. Martini's as big as your head... Steaks as big as your Face!.. and the booth seating makes you feel like you are in an old movie.. love!Special Features:
- Another great experiencebrucejasonDined on 8/3/2014Went for our 11 year anniversary and had a great time. Food was generally okay, however, first order of crab cakes were burnt, second order of crab cakes were under cooked. Service was slow, even though we said we weren't in a hurry. The servers interaction felt forced, we just didn't click. The server misheard what my husband had ordered, and when that was realized, she corrected the order. I'm hoping it was just an off night for her. Overall the experience was good and I highly recommend Morton's every chance I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stodgy, cave of overpriced foodWhiskeyBravoDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is dated in its style. Tailored greeters at the door, has a bar, but no bar scene, food is overpriced, cocktails were not chilled nor imaginative nor particularly tasty. The Manhattan, overly sweet and The Secret Garden, supposed to be refreshing was lukewarm poorly mixed with herbs floating in it. The steaks were perfectly cooked, though I was surprised that the beef is grain-fed and not grass-fed. Shrimp was overcooked, which seems to be a staple at this chain. Vegetables were cooked well and fresh, though the asparagus was large, so woody. The service was inadequate. We had to order bread twice and waiter seemed distracted. We didn't receive the service one would expect to receive at such prices.
- pjbjDined on 7/31/2014Very, very EXPENSIVE. Not just the steaks but the sides, dessert, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 671 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle reviews archive.
- Great Dinning ExperienceMrsWillDined on 7/19/2014First in Seattle and love it....everything was perfect and I'll be coming back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MyersluvmortonsDined on 7/15/2014It was our anniversary and they treated up like royalty! The entire staff was informed of our occasion and all said "Happy Anniversary"! They created a keep-sake menu for us. Along with taking a memorable photo they signed and framed for us. We would definitely spend another evening in this romantic, friendly and yummy restaurant.Special Features:
- great servicequeencutterDined on 7/14/2014able to use open table to reserve. friendly greeting that made us feel they were happy to have us there. great waiter! knew the menu and very attentive without being annoying. pricey for everyday eating but for a special occasion very good. steak was awesome and portions huge. I like my brussel sprouts a little more wilted but that is just me.Special Features:
- Old school charmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014This is the place to go fora very special occasion. The steaks were prepared expertly and the waiter described in detail how they'd be prepared. The Caesar salad was just right and the dressing was spot on with strong hints of anchovy, not paste. The side dishes were excellent - we chose the onion rings. They were flavorful and crunchy! The service was spectacular but not pretentious. The prices are a little steep for a regular Joe like me but it was our 30th anniversary so we splurged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lobster was not so ...MortonsFan1Dined on 7/10/2014The reception was warm and friendly. The food server assigned to our table was a fine gentleman, informative, and friendly. The food portions were extremely generous. The preparation/cooking of the steak was absolutely perfect: "Charred". Just like I ordered it. The lobster failed. It was served, yet it was cold. The server took it back to the kitchen, (perhaps stuck it in a microwave to reheat). That did not help, I suggested that once a lobster is cooked it cannot be RE-cooked and obtain the best results. He, the server offered to remove the charges for the lobster from our final bill. That was very generous and the right thing to do to resolve the issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, great servicesPalmtenorDined on 7/7/2014The steaks are really good. The weights on menu are massive, but since it's aged, it's not that many. But still very large portion. Well cooked, juicy and tender steak. Love it.Special Features:
- My "Go to" steakhouse!ClassicDined on 7/3/2014Dinner was so great Thursday, I'm going again tonight!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014The lobster tasted old and the Chicago rib was tough.Special Features:
- DessertSouffleLoverDined on 6/28/2014Everything we ordered was delivered perfect! Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.