Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle
1511 6th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2062230550
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 4:45pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Seattle hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/seattle
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (34)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Morton's SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Had a great experience at Morton's for our anniversary dinner. We even received commemorative menus with the date. The service and timing of courses were impeccable. Our server had some great suggestions and was always there to make sure we had beverages. A lovely, leisurely evening of great dining.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great service great steaks and Lobster Bisque was the worst I have ever had here extremely watery which was a surprise because this is a favorite of mine hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To die for filetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Everything was excellent. Now that I know what Lyonaisse potatoes are, I will always order them. They reminded me of the ones I once had in Chicago's Little Italy. The onion bread is very unique. The bernaise sauce topped off the filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR SPEECIAL NITE IN SEATTLETexpat89Dined on 9/9/2014When traveling we always try to have one night for a "special" dinner. We don't have Morton's in Austin, TX, so when we are on a trip and they have a Morton's, that is MY pick! GREAT food, GREAT service, and as always a true pleasurable evening!Special Features:
- MackinacDined on 9/6/2014Very nice atmosphere. Food was above average. Service was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I love coming to Mortons, the food is good and it's quiet even when it's full. I'm not a fan of loud restaurants. The service is always friendly and not overly attentive, just the right amount. Oscar was our server and he was great. He even asked if my boyfriend's martini was okay because he noticed he was nursing it. It was good, he's just a slow drinker. Hope to come back soonest! Also, get on their mailing list. They often have specials that are well worth taking advantage of.Special Features:
- Juicy and tenderHuskyrickDined on 8/16/2014When you want the perfect steak, Morton's can't be beat. Love that there are two sizes for entrees. I had the price-fixe 3 course Summer Special which was perfect. Spouse had the bone-in ribeye, enough for lunch the next day.Special Features:
- Morton's a Mustluv2eatgudbeefDined on 8/14/2014Loved the Prime Burger Special. Delicious and Fresh. Though French frys are not on my diet. I had to have some pf Morton's. They are delicious. My friends and I will certainly do this again. If a person was not into bread they could order the Prime Burger sans bun and it would still be a hit. Excellent eating at Morton's. Always.Special Features:
- You have to eat here!SimplyAmazingFoodDined on 8/12/2014My daughter and son recommended for me to go and eat at Morton's, when I was in Seattle. I booked a table for 4, and it was our first time there for all 4 of us. Three of us had the August featured special, for $40.00. The entire dinning experience was amazing, I would go back in a heart beat. I am looking forward to my next visit, the meal was prepared perfectly, and was the filet mignon was great. Everything that was featured on the August special was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine with friendstommygrubDined on 8/4/2014Great dinner and the wait staffer knew all of the menuSpecial Features:
- Being a VIP pays offFoodieDined on 8/4/2014I signed up online for the VIP Morton's club and liked them on facebook so I knew about the $60 and $40 three course meals.. which made the dinner affordable for the extraordinary! Always love Morton's!.. Martini's as big as your head... Steaks as big as your Face!.. and the booth seating makes you feel like you are in an old movie.. love!Special Features:
- Stodgy, cave of overpriced foodWhiskeyBravoDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is dated in its style. Tailored greeters at the door, has a bar, but no bar scene, food is overpriced, cocktails were not chilled nor imaginative nor particularly tasty. The Manhattan, overly sweet and The Secret Garden, supposed to be refreshing was lukewarm poorly mixed with herbs floating in it. The steaks were perfectly cooked, though I was surprised that the beef is grain-fed and not grass-fed. Shrimp was overcooked, which seems to be a staple at this chain. Vegetables were cooked well and fresh, though the asparagus was large, so woody. The service was inadequate. We had to order bread twice and waiter seemed distracted. We didn't receive the service one would expect to receive at such prices.
- pjbjDined on 7/31/2014Very, very EXPENSIVE. Not just the steaks but the sides, dessert, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning ExperienceMrsWillDined on 7/19/2014First in Seattle and love it....everything was perfect and I'll be coming back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MyersluvmortonsDined on 7/15/2014It was our anniversary and they treated up like royalty! The entire staff was informed of our occasion and all said "Happy Anniversary"! They created a keep-sake menu for us. Along with taking a memorable photo they signed and framed for us. We would definitely spend another evening in this romantic, friendly and yummy restaurant.Special Features:
- great servicequeencutterDined on 7/14/2014able to use open table to reserve. friendly greeting that made us feel they were happy to have us there. great waiter! knew the menu and very attentive without being annoying. pricey for everyday eating but for a special occasion very good. steak was awesome and portions huge. I like my brussel sprouts a little more wilted but that is just me.Special Features:
- Old school charmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014This is the place to go fora very special occasion. The steaks were prepared expertly and the waiter described in detail how they'd be prepared. The Caesar salad was just right and the dressing was spot on with strong hints of anchovy, not paste. The side dishes were excellent - we chose the onion rings. They were flavorful and crunchy! The service was spectacular but not pretentious. The prices are a little steep for a regular Joe like me but it was our 30th anniversary so we splurged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lobster was not so ...MortonsFan1Dined on 7/10/2014The reception was warm and friendly. The food server assigned to our table was a fine gentleman, informative, and friendly. The food portions were extremely generous. The preparation/cooking of the steak was absolutely perfect: "Charred". Just like I ordered it. The lobster failed. It was served, yet it was cold. The server took it back to the kitchen, (perhaps stuck it in a microwave to reheat). That did not help, I suggested that once a lobster is cooked it cannot be RE-cooked and obtain the best results. He, the server offered to remove the charges for the lobster from our final bill. That was very generous and the right thing to do to resolve the issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, great servicesPalmtenorDined on 7/7/2014The steaks are really good. The weights on menu are massive, but since it's aged, it's not that many. But still very large portion. Well cooked, juicy and tender steak. Love it.Special Features:
- My "Go to" steakhouse!ClassicDined on 7/3/2014Dinner was so great Thursday, I'm going again tonight!Special Features:
- DessertSouffleLoverDined on 6/28/2014Everything we ordered was delivered perfect! Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What can I say?MattVIPDined on 6/27/2014Despite being a 'chain', Morton's remains my ultimate recommendation for a consistent, fantastic steak experience. It was fantastic all across the board, from the 6-star service to the generous and delicious Ahi Tuna Tower to the mouthwateringly gluttonous Parmesan & Truffle Matchstick Fries to the most tender piece of steak of anyone's lives. The Brussel Sprouts side was pretty mediocre, and a bit too bitter, but we didn't even care. Oh, and the soufflé was just a 3.75/5. In any case, great place for a romantic evening with a loved one or a business meal with clients. Will be back!Special Features:
- 2nd Visithunter002Dined on 6/27/2014My second visit, wife's first... her birthday. For a step above "fine dining" in the area, I'd be hard pressed not to put Morton's at the top of the list. Thanks again for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Offended in BarPhysicianDined on 6/25/2014Food was terrific, and dinner service was excellent. Bartender has problems. *** We hosted a business client whom we met in the bar prior to us having dinner. The bartender made a gay slur, and our client who is gay overheard him and was very offended. He wanted to confront him, but we decided to leave the bar area for dinner. Bartender should be reprimanded for his anti-gay behavior. We reported this situation to the manager and haven't heard back. Guess they don't care that we were offended.
- My FridayTallbunny1Dined on 6/20/2014My companion and I dined here this past weekend. Our server was very nice, pleasant and attentive. Starting off, the appetizers were amazing! The salads were so so. The main course which was okay, but very over-cooked for both dishes and side dishes were delicious! Last, but not the least, the dessert, key lime pie was excellent! I'll recommend only the appetizers and dessert for this establishment...The salads and main dishes will need better improvement.Special Features:
- Well rounded experienceSarafayeDined on 6/20/2014We had an early reservation as half our party needed to attend a business obligation shortly after dinner. Our guests entrees were served first and on time. Suggestions were offered to share a salad rather than each order as they were large coupled w/our entrees. We remained for a couple of hours after our guests left and were treated quite hospitably by not only our server, but the bussing staff and other servers as well. I haven't eaten red meat in 18 years and I would come back again and again. The food, service, and ambiance were outstanding and there were so many options for my seafood and herbivore preferences. PS Our guests returned a couple days later for another steak before we had to leave town. SUPERB!!Special Features:
- Final Night of Vacation DiningvacaydiningDined on 6/13/2014The restaurant was wonderful. Food...ambience...service..was excellent!!! I would recommend the restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Great ServiceJacfDined on 6/9/2014It was our son's 18th birthday and all of the staff made it a great experience for all of my family. A special menu and special greetings from everyone. The steak was the best we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient, Room Available, AverageGordonPlus3Dined on 6/8/2014After touring Seattle and surrounding area, a group of 4 of us were looking for a place to have both steak and seafood for dinner. It was 4:30 pm or so and we began to check and see what was available. After debate and several calls to possible locations, we recalled Morton's was virtually across the street from where we were staying, so checked on reservations there. We booked in for later that evening. The restaurant was "old style" in that it was dark and in tha basement of the building. Nice atmosphere and very quiet. Meal was average and so was the service. We weren't overly disappointed, but not overwhelmed either. For the price of the meal, there are plenty of other options to consider.Special Features:
- It's not the sameStillhungry121Dined on 6/7/2014I love Morton's. I've been going there for at least 10 years. This weekend they dropped the ball. I Brought friends who wanted to see why I have always given them a great review. I was severely embarrassed. The service was good, no problems there BUT ALL 4 of our dinners were cold. Very cold and under cooked. I understand that they were sold recently and that is why.it was so bad they comped the whole meal. I was a big Morton's fan, not so much anymore.Special Features:
- AwesomeAj31Dined on 6/7/2014Our overall dining experience here was awesome except for their BEER they are kind of expensive. Thats why i rate it a 4 star but food and service are second to none and most definitely coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing!ClassicDined on 6/7/2014The summer 4 course meal has got to be the best deal in upscale dining. Morton's is my go to restaurant for any occasion. The food is always perfect to the point that this is the only place I will order my steak medium rare and it is always cooked perfectly. Treat yourself, you won't regret it!Special Features:
- Great service - good foodhmt1019Dined on 5/31/2014The service was outstanding - not too much, not too little. The food was good but not exceptional. I really liked the way our waiter gave us a tremendous amount of options - with good descriptions of the food, the Morton's "way". Looking back, I should have asked the great staff to swap a new steak for me since I was the one that told the staff it was good - that was on me.Special Features:
- Morton's Closed for our reservationRobRDined on 5/25/2014Made a 10pm reservation on Open Table App.......showed up for dinner and Morton's closes at 10pm.....no other reservations available at the last minute. Not quite what we had in mind, pretty disappointing. Why would you accept a reservation for the exact time you close?
- Seattle eating outtl55Dined on 5/24/2014Always a great place to eat. Food was wonderful. I was surprised on a Saturday night that it was busier. Wateriest and support were very attentive, but not intrusive. The food always was excellent. I had the special of the night a boned in filet with grilled onions and blue cheese as well as the watermelon salad. My husband had a filet mignon with his favorite pepper brandy sauce. With a glass of the Duckhorn wine and side of sautéed mushrooms, we did not have room for desert as usual. One day, maybe.Special Features:
- Elegant and RomanticChrisVIPDined on 5/19/2014We go to Morton's for "all" of our special occasions. Always fantastic food and pgreat sevice. A little pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's experience 5.18.2014PrestontrioDined on 5/18/2014It was unanymous - all three of our family members agreed Morton's is the best. We enjoy a special meal for special occassions and have been to practically all the high end Seattle steak restaurants. Morton's is now our go-to choice for these occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 646 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Seattle reviews archive.
- Birthday dinnerLovetogooutDined on 5/13/2014Great food and service!!! Knowledgable waiter! Wide variety of choices! Great dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day dinnerWeDoITDined on 5/11/2014I picked thus location because I thought it was upscale. The location was dated and small.
- Nice EveningseattlegaldinerDined on 5/10/2014I've been to Morton's a handful of times now, for various reasons/occasions. Saturday night was dinner with a girlfriend to celebrate both of our March birthdays. We specifically went for the 'steak and seafood special'. Ben was our server, he was super sweet and attentive and knowledgeable and took very good care of us. The food was delectable, I wish I could've ordered everything! The only 'downside' was that it was very empty, a very quiet/slow night. There was not much of a 'scene'. For me, that's important because even going out to dinner can be a 'night out on the town'. So other than the atmosphere being a bit bland, overall it was a very positive experience.Special Features: