Morton's The Steakhouse - Boston Seaport
World Trade Center East
2 Seaport Lane
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Boston Seaport
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 6175260410
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Entertainment: "Power Hour" Bar Bites Monday -Friday 5pm - 6:30pm and 9pm - Close
- Special Events: Morton's in Boston (Seaport) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/bostonseaport
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Boston Seaport
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Boston Seaport - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Boston Seaport reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)notable wine list (89)romantic (78)good for groups (60)fit for foodies (57)scenic view (39)hot spot (24)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (20)great for outdoor dining (19)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- second chance?OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/19/2014I went here on Friday night with a friend from out of town and was very disappointed. We both ordered the 6oz filet medium and they came out rare. We sent it back and our steaks were re-heated and brought back to the table, one was still rare and sent back for the third time which I find ridiculous. When all was said and done both steaks were well done and not good. We expressed our concerns to the GM who offered to take our second glass of wine off the bill, again ridiculous. At the end of our meal I informed the waiter how outraged we were that at a high end steak house they would send back the same steak 3 times! The GM came back to the table and informed us that since we were displeased we wouldn't need to pay which was not our goal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok, no Grill 23OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Screaming kids on a sat night. Average beef at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatRebeccaDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I go to Morton's for any major celebration. Birthdays and Anniversaries mostly. It never disappoints. The service is impeccable. This past Friday we went to celebrate our anniversary. From all of the wait staff greeting us with "happy anniversary" when we walked in the door, to the menu printed with our names and happy anniversary, to the free framed picture of us, signed by all the staff, to the free chocolate lava cake (YUM)... this place is a classic steakhouse with so much more. Our server, Brian, was wonderful, attentive, and just great overall. Highly recommend for a special occasion. Because it is a little more pricey, we only go when we have something to celebrate, but it is so worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service speactularTennesseeDined on 10/13/2014Danielle & Ali were fabulous! Ate there on two different occasions & Danielle served us on both visits. She was not only attentive to our every need but also had a wonderful personality. Ali was her partner on the 2nd visit & together they make a great team! Steaks & deserts - to die for! Can't go wrong here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MARTINIQDined on 10/11/2014I had the special Manhattan bone in sirloin.......very dissapointed in size ( too much fat)and flavor, but then again it was only 66 bucks. Wife had the special filet and lobster tail and thought it was great Surprised that this is the only big steak house that did not give us an anniversary dessert. They gave us a anniversary menu,so they new. Bill was 350, so it was not like we did not spend ABE AND LOUIE`S BACK TO TOP OF MY LISTSpecial Features:
- ServiceCourtDined on 10/10/2014We come here often, but this was the first time we've had Shaq as our waiter. He was knowledgable & pleasant to deal with. We will now request him for future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TD1958Dined on 10/4/2014Way to noisy. Non descriptive food menu. Barely average steaks.
- very pleasedwinningbetDined on 10/4/2014were seated immediately even though we were 20 minutes early for our reservation.Special Features:
- Great Highend dinningVeryfullDined on 10/4/2014The old saying "You pay for what you get" applies to Morton's. Great Food - Steaks and Side Dishes are fantastic The Wine List will make your head spin The Service was as expected - very good Great place for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Great business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Great business lunch in a fantastic restaurant close to conference centerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014We went to celebrate a special occasion and had a great time. It was more expensive that I remembered it being, but the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We had such a terrific experience. Thank you to the staff and our waiter-- Charlie-- for making this a very enjoyable evening out for our group of 4. Everything was perfectly timed and exactly what we wanted. Thank you!Special Features:
- AmazingmajormelvinDined on 9/27/2014It was our 30th Anniversary and Morton pulls out all the stops for a special occasion. The front desk congratulated us when we arrived. They took our picture, a special menu was printed with "Happy 30th Anniversary" at the top. It was so nice.Special Features:
- impeccable serviceT281Dined on 9/27/2014Wait staff was on point. Folks went out of their way to make sure my wife's birthday was special. Seemed to be unjustifiably 30% more expensive than other high end steak houses in Boston (Ruth's, Flemings, G23).
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The staff was friendly and efficient. The food was outstanding. It was our 39th anniversary and everyone at the restaurant made us feel extra special. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceCriticDined on 9/26/2014The staff was attentive and friendly, the food was excellent and "paced out" properly. The specials were out of this world, we will visit this restaurant any time we are in BostonSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerRchamp43Dined on 9/24/2014Graciously printed guest of honor's name on menu. Food was GREAT!! Definitely one of the top 2 steak houses in Boston. The hearts of lettuce salad was so fresh and crisp and the shrimp Alexander are amazing! Overall Just yummy! Wine and cocktail service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- Consistent,more upscale restaurantSongmanDined on 9/23/2014I have reviewed Morton's before. It is consistent and a quiet and peaceful restaurant to engage in a business lunch. Food is always fresh and well prepared. Service is above and beyond. Excellent, but overbearing at times. More than 4 times our conversation was interrupted when there was no need for the wait staff to circle back and check in. Outside of that when you want a nice quiet lunch or dinner, compared to that other steak house in the area ,Morton's is it! I will return again and again.Special Features:
- Great on all levelsCraigDined on 9/22/2014From the first drink at the bar - to wrapping up dinner - first class. Food was great - dinner was perfect including service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Four of us went to Morton's Seaport location on a Sunday evening. Liz was our server and she was delightful and very good at her job! She caught-on to all the sarcasm and ribbing and shared in the fun. We all enjoyed our salads and meals. I would highly recommend the carrot cake as the best desert on the menu! We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic birthday dinnerMomof2Dined on 9/21/2014We had a great birthday dinner for my 14 year old daughter. They greeted us by name, and when we sat down she was greeted to a menu that said "Happy 14th birthday Lily" on the top. Then we got a family picture that was presented to her in a little cardboard Morton's frame. Made a huge impression.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014It was perfect,my daughter will never forget her 15th brithdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and poorly cookedfreqdinerVIPDined on 9/18/2014Two overpriced poorly cooked double steaks. Filet side over done and no taste. . Complained and were nott really compensated adequately. Four people and bill was $400+. Too many Pellegrino bottles at $9.50 each when not even asked. They have to learn how to cook a thick strip to medium while not ruining the filet side. Very disappointed and toodamn expensive . Steak was also tough with no flavor. Asked for Bearnaise which helped a little.
- DisappointedDonQuioteDined on 9/18/2014This was my first ever trip to a Morton's Steakhouse and unfortunately I found it to be very disappointing. The Cajun Ribeye which came highly recommended by my server was unfortunately tasteless. I don't know how a steak can be tasteless, but somehow they accomplished it with this steak. The oysters and shrimp cocktail were spot on, but way overpriced. For example, the oysters were $19 for 6. I ate the next night at Commander's Palace in New Orleans (one of the best restaurants in a city full of high-end exceptional restaurants) and the oysters were $7 for 6 and $12 for a dozen. To me, that's just price gouging. I know this is a disjointed review, but I've been to many high priced steakhouses and this was unfortunately the worst.Special Features:
- email@example.comDined on 9/17/2014A wonderful dinner, but very expensive. After parking, the fare including tip was $ 436.00 for three dinners. Myself and my wife had three drinks and our grandson had three. $ 19.00 for a middle of the road glass of wine is too high. But someone has to pay for the new Boston, where one could find a moderate price restaurant years ago. Not any more. Boston is the new New York. But I did save airfare of perhaps $ 1200.00 to New York. I also understand the horrendous rents that you must pay. Best of luck, Lee HeilerSpecial Features:
- A Waterfront GemCamPDined on 9/16/2014Never disappointed with Morton's. Cozy bar, great food and great service. Our server Brian was far and above a huge part of the overall outstanding experience. Food was better than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDragonrnDined on 9/13/2014Hubby and I celebrated our tenth anniversary here. The menu had a special congrats message. The service was great, although we did have to wait a bit to place initial drink order, after that it was smooth sailing. We both had bone in filet mignon, which was amazing. I highly recommend shrimp Alexander as an app. For desert the lemon soufflé was both visually appealing and delicious. The general manager Bob checked on us, which was a nice touch. We had previously only been to the Morton's in Puerto Rico. After trying the Boston location (right on the water front) we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's GREATMarthaVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were celebrating my friend's Birthday and at the end of our lunch, our server Matt gave us a delicious Key Lime Pie with a cute candle.Special Features:
- Greatplate2Dined on 9/8/2014Too tight. Too many tables. Barely can walk between them.Special Features:
- Very good food and wine. + servicemynameDined on 9/6/2014Food was very good. Wine was enjoyed by those who had it. Service was very professional and friendly. Reservation time was not met by at least 1/2 hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014A wonderful dining experience. All the staff are very courteous; food superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High price, poor valueCaseyDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I had dinner at Morton's a few nights ago. She had the $50 8 oz filet mignon. It was the thinnest, toughest, most tasteless piece of filet we had ever eaten. I had the $60 NY strip. I've never paid that much for a steak anywhere, any time. While it was tasty, it was very fatty. All in all, the quality of the meat was sub standard. The wine list was extensive, but like everything else, very over priced. If you're looking for a good steak in Boston, try Abe and Louis, Flemings, Grille 23 or any place other than Morton's.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Food was excellent and service was terrible , waiter and water service were not attentive to us at allSpecial Features:
- Great but...FussbudDined on 9/3/2014The steak selection holds promise because they are advertised as Prime cuts. If in fact they are Prime, then the price is not exorbitant. My wife and I had two different selections. The bone in 22 oz Rib eye was definitely not a prime cut. The Cajun marinaded steak was prime. As we tasted these two steaks side by side, the difference was remarkable. It was not just the flavor. The flavor of both steaks was excellent. It was the toughness and chewiness of the meat, with the Cajun steak remarkable in its tenderness. We found the manager of the restaurant, exceptionally professional and attentive. What a great impression he made in serving us. Not so with our waiter. Bad service, hardly came around, blew the wine order, crabby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealMrspatsfanDined on 8/30/2014Had a lovely table by the windows. Service was excellent. Ryan was a great waiter and made sure we had everything we needed. Had the filet and melted in your mouth. One of the best I have had in Boston. I got the mac and cheese for a side. It was yummy. It is expensive and will probably go back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- morton's seaportSteaklovers14Dined on 8/30/2014Great meal and great service. Best steak ever. The strip steak was awesome, and my companion had the 12 oz filet mignon, which he described as "melting in his mouth". The side dishes were excellent, they tasted awesome! We had for sides the bacon mac & cheese and potatoes and onions. Our service was excellent and very kind to us, and also complimented our saying we were the best dressed in the restaurant. The decor was beautiful. The dessert was great as well only we couldn't finish it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerbfdMikeDined on 8/29/2014Morton's went above and beyond on making our first anniversary special. Put us in one of the 3 booths they have and made us feel special from the moment we walked in. Had our picture taken to commemorate the occasion and were given a special dessert compliments of the restaurant. Just more reasons to love this place. Thank you to Morton'sSpecial Features:
- Great Service, Great FooddiningdanDined on 8/29/2014Went to Morton's for Restaurant week and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We we were seated right away, received service right away, our server was professional polite and enjoyable, and the food was amazing. Had no problems, and had a great experience. Thanks you Morton's!Special Features:
- Not up to standardsMrmagooDined on 8/28/2014This is the first time I was a little disappointed. Got the bone in rib eye and it was extremely fatty. Understanding a rib eye has some fat but I would say that there was a good 10oz. So for a $57 steak a little disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sixminusoneDined on 8/28/2014i been to a Different location(Boylston) for a friend birthday which we had a great server and the food was delicious as ever. I decided to take another friend last week for her 44th. we have a blast, everything was phenomeal and take home photo was the icing on the cake. Thank you for makind the night a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.