Morton's The Steakhouse - Boston Seaport
World Trade Center East
2 Seaport Lane
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Boston Seaport
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (617) 526-0410
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Entertainment: "Power Hour" Bar Bites Monday -Friday 5pm - 6:30pm and 9pm - Close
- Special Events: Morton's in Boston (Seaport) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/bostonseaport
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Boston Seaport
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Boston Seaport - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Boston Seaport reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (137)notable wine list (84)romantic (65)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (51)scenic view (31)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great steaks, great service.djinnDined on 11/17/2014The steaks were excellent. Service was great-it was not a busy time, however our waitress treated us excellently, despite only being a party of two. Some times in places like these, small parties can be treated as second-class citizens. That certainly was not the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highest quality food with excellent vinesSwissGlobetrotterDined on 11/13/2014The lobster appetizers, crab cakes, shrimps and fines filet meats matched with a phantastic variety of excellent red wines served by highly professional competent waiters make this an excellent diner. Although the noise level is quite high this makes this overall a lively event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started off on the wrong footalwong2000VIPDined on 11/1/2014Food was fine, but not spectacular. My only gripe was how long it took for a table. I had made a reservation for 8:30 and it was 8:55 before we were seated. While reservations are an art, I took exception since I'm in Landry's President's Club and one of the perks is highest priority seating. I showed my card to the hostess, but I guess that didn't make any difference since we saw a few other parties of similar size get seated first. If you can't deliver on a benefit, don't offer it. I will note that the valet recognized the card right away and parked the car for free without any fuss.Special Features:
- WonderfulbermudaonionVIPDined on 11/1/2014Terrific all around. Great choice for a celebration. Porterhouse was terrific!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Great night out with my husband, Halloween night, the restaurant was very busy yet the wait staff was not rushed and were very attentive. Gary was out waiter and was very friendly. We definitely will go back.Special Features:
- PAJRDined on 10/31/2014Great 3 Course Dinner Special for Halloween. Will visit again when they run a promotion.Special Features:
- Service is the bestnightdinerDined on 10/31/2014Morton's enticed us out on Halloween evening with a 3 course dinner special. The food was great as usual, but what made the evening special was our waitress, Elizabeth. She was the perfect combination of attentive, gracious, professional and charming. On our next visit, we will ask for her. Your dining experience would be enhanced if you do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationfpourDined on 10/30/2014Went here for a recent birthday and had a great time. The food was delicious (mixed grill with filet mignon, shrimp and scallops) and the sides and apps were very filling. Plus they were very accommodating for our celebration a d made us feel special and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra charges for ValetOnlythebestVIPDined on 10/28/2014after spending over $250 for dinner for 2 with amazing food and service, there's a charge for valet? in a neighborhood with plenty of space, yet sky high parking rates. Seaport District...yuck.Special Features:
- Great SteaksEatsOutalotDined on 10/27/2014There are no tougher customers for a steak house than my father and 3 sons. We go out for a steak dinner several times a year. Rarely, well virtually never, is everyone happy with their meal. One brother's steak is never cooked to temperature. Another doesn't like his sides. We had not been to Morton's in several years for no particular reason. Needless to say, we are a tough bunch to please. Morton's was quiet on this Monday night although the streets had lots of younger people. Service was attentive without getting in our way. The food was great. Everyone's steak was flavorful and cooked as requested. We will be back !
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2014Morton's in the Seaport in Boston is a fantastic place to eat. Frank was our waiter! He was quite knowledgeable on the menu and made excellent recommendations. We dined on a Sunday evening so it wasn't too noisy. All in all the food was delicious, service was super and we would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- MassfoodieDined on 10/25/2014Awesome steaks. Our server Frank was great. Very helpful with the menu (steaks and sides). This was our 4th trip to Morton's Boston Seaport.Special Features:
- A great PlacekjakDined on 10/24/2014Excellent food. You know the price before you go in. Well worth it. You don't get the hassle of driving in downtown Boston. A must do for a visit to the Seaport areaSpecial Features:
- Morton's SeaportMinnieDined on 10/22/2014I went to celebrate my daughters birthday and it was excellent. I had made note on opentable that is was her birthday and everyone we encountered recognized it and said happy birthday. She even received a complimentary desert. Food was excellent, cooked perfectly. Service was on spot, friendly but not intrusive. Definitely on the pricey side but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second chance?OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/19/2014I went here on Friday night with a friend from out of town and was very disappointed. We both ordered the 6oz filet medium and they came out rare. We sent it back and our steaks were re-heated and brought back to the table, one was still rare and sent back for the third time which I find ridiculous. When all was said and done both steaks were well done and not good. We expressed our concerns to the GM who offered to take our second glass of wine off the bill, again ridiculous. At the end of our meal I informed the waiter how outraged we were that at a high end steak house they would send back the same steak 3 times! The GM came back to the table and informed us that since we were displeased we wouldn't need to pay which was not our goal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok, no Grill 23OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Screaming kids on a sat night. Average beef at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatRebeccaDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I go to Morton's for any major celebration. Birthdays and Anniversaries mostly. It never disappoints. The service is impeccable. This past Friday we went to celebrate our anniversary. From all of the wait staff greeting us with "happy anniversary" when we walked in the door, to the menu printed with our names and happy anniversary, to the free framed picture of us, signed by all the staff, to the free chocolate lava cake (YUM)... this place is a classic steakhouse with so much more. Our server, Brian, was wonderful, attentive, and just great overall. Highly recommend for a special occasion. Because it is a little more pricey, we only go when we have something to celebrate, but it is so worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service speactularTennesseeDined on 10/13/2014Danielle & Ali were fabulous! Ate there on two different occasions & Danielle served us on both visits. She was not only attentive to our every need but also had a wonderful personality. Ali was her partner on the 2nd visit & together they make a great team! Steaks & deserts - to die for! Can't go wrong here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MARTINIQDined on 10/11/2014I had the special Manhattan bone in sirloin.......very dissapointed in size ( too much fat)and flavor, but then again it was only 66 bucks. Wife had the special filet and lobster tail and thought it was great Surprised that this is the only big steak house that did not give us an anniversary dessert. They gave us a anniversary menu,so they new. Bill was 350, so it was not like we did not spend ABE AND LOUIE`S BACK TO TOP OF MY LISTSpecial Features:
- ServiceCourtDined on 10/10/2014We come here often, but this was the first time we've had Shaq as our waiter. He was knowledgable & pleasant to deal with. We will now request him for future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TD1958Dined on 10/4/2014Way to noisy. Non descriptive food menu. Barely average steaks.
- very pleasedwinningbetDined on 10/4/2014were seated immediately even though we were 20 minutes early for our reservation.Special Features:
- Great Highend dinningVeryfullDined on 10/4/2014The old saying "You pay for what you get" applies to Morton's. Great Food - Steaks and Side Dishes are fantastic The Wine List will make your head spin The Service was as expected - very good Great place for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Great business lunchrudiDined on 10/2/2014Great business lunch in a fantastic restaurant close to conference centerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014We went to celebrate a special occasion and had a great time. It was more expensive that I remembered it being, but the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We had such a terrific experience. Thank you to the staff and our waiter-- Charlie-- for making this a very enjoyable evening out for our group of 4. Everything was perfectly timed and exactly what we wanted. Thank you!Special Features:
- AmazingmajormelvinDined on 9/27/2014It was our 30th Anniversary and Morton pulls out all the stops for a special occasion. The front desk congratulated us when we arrived. They took our picture, a special menu was printed with "Happy 30th Anniversary" at the top. It was so nice.Special Features:
- impeccable serviceT281Dined on 9/27/2014Wait staff was on point. Folks went out of their way to make sure my wife's birthday was special. Seemed to be unjustifiably 30% more expensive than other high end steak houses in Boston (Ruth's, Flemings, G23).
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The staff was friendly and efficient. The food was outstanding. It was our 39th anniversary and everyone at the restaurant made us feel extra special. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceCriticDined on 9/26/2014The staff was attentive and friendly, the food was excellent and "paced out" properly. The specials were out of this world, we will visit this restaurant any time we are in BostonSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerRchamp43Dined on 9/24/2014Graciously printed guest of honor's name on menu. Food was GREAT!! Definitely one of the top 2 steak houses in Boston. The hearts of lettuce salad was so fresh and crisp and the shrimp Alexander are amazing! Overall Just yummy! Wine and cocktail service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- Consistent,more upscale restaurantSongmanDined on 9/23/2014I have reviewed Morton's before. It is consistent and a quiet and peaceful restaurant to engage in a business lunch. Food is always fresh and well prepared. Service is above and beyond. Excellent, but overbearing at times. More than 4 times our conversation was interrupted when there was no need for the wait staff to circle back and check in. Outside of that when you want a nice quiet lunch or dinner, compared to that other steak house in the area ,Morton's is it! I will return again and again.Special Features:
- Great on all levelsCraigDined on 9/22/2014From the first drink at the bar - to wrapping up dinner - first class. Food was great - dinner was perfect including service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Four of us went to Morton's Seaport location on a Sunday evening. Liz was our server and she was delightful and very good at her job! She caught-on to all the sarcasm and ribbing and shared in the fun. We all enjoyed our salads and meals. I would highly recommend the carrot cake as the best desert on the menu! We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic birthday dinnerMomof2Dined on 9/21/2014We had a great birthday dinner for my 14 year old daughter. They greeted us by name, and when we sat down she was greeted to a menu that said "Happy 14th birthday Lily" on the top. Then we got a family picture that was presented to her in a little cardboard Morton's frame. Made a huge impression.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014It was perfect,my daughter will never forget her 15th brithdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and poorly cookedfreqdinerVIPDined on 9/18/2014Two overpriced poorly cooked double steaks. Filet side over done and no taste. . Complained and were nott really compensated adequately. Four people and bill was $400+. Too many Pellegrino bottles at $9.50 each when not even asked. They have to learn how to cook a thick strip to medium while not ruining the filet side. Very disappointed and toodamn expensive . Steak was also tough with no flavor. Asked for Bearnaise which helped a little.
- DisappointedDonQuioteDined on 9/18/2014This was my first ever trip to a Morton's Steakhouse and unfortunately I found it to be very disappointing. The Cajun Ribeye which came highly recommended by my server was unfortunately tasteless. I don't know how a steak can be tasteless, but somehow they accomplished it with this steak. The oysters and shrimp cocktail were spot on, but way overpriced. For example, the oysters were $19 for 6. I ate the next night at Commander's Palace in New Orleans (one of the best restaurants in a city full of high-end exceptional restaurants) and the oysters were $7 for 6 and $12 for a dozen. To me, that's just price gouging. I know this is a disjointed review, but I've been to many high priced steakhouses and this was unfortunately the worst.Special Features:
- firstname.lastname@example.orgDined on 9/17/2014A wonderful dinner, but very expensive. After parking, the fare including tip was $ 436.00 for three dinners. Myself and my wife had three drinks and our grandson had three. $ 19.00 for a middle of the road glass of wine is too high. But someone has to pay for the new Boston, where one could find a moderate price restaurant years ago. Not any more. Boston is the new New York. But I did save airfare of perhaps $ 1200.00 to New York. I also understand the horrendous rents that you must pay. Best of luck, Lee HeilerSpecial Features:
- A Waterfront GemCamPDined on 9/16/2014Never disappointed with Morton's. Cozy bar, great food and great service. Our server Brian was far and above a huge part of the overall outstanding experience. Food was better than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.