Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale
15233 N. Kierland Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4809514440
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Bar12-21: Open at 5:00pm daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! A variety of menus available.
- Special Events: Morton's in Scottsdale hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/scottsdale
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale
For over 30 years, Morton's The Steakhouse is renowned for its signature menu and legendary hospitality, setting the standard by which all other Steakhouses are measured. Savor The Good Life with the finest quality foods, featuring USDA prime aged, Midwest grain-fed beef, fresh fish and seafood, hand-picked produce and decadent desserts – prepared to perfection. Whether its for an elegant Mortini and bar bite in BAR 12-21, or for a wonderful dinner featuring The Best Steak Anywhere, Morton's The Steakhouse epitomizes the elegance and excitement for fine steakhouse dining!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (34)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Average food qualityDizsatDined on 9/13/2014Have visited Morton's numerous times previously, but last experience was most disappointing. Food quality which was one of the reasons we enjoy Morton's was really quite average. My wife ordered a chicken entry which was a surprisingly small portion and not flavorful. KFC would have been a better choice for chicken.
- Food Great; ambiance is goneHeathermac77Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I love the food, but they have opened up the bar to the dining room and now you can see sports while dining. If this appeals, then you are in luck; my husband and I were looking for an intimate dinner, and that wasn't the case with the table at which we were seated. If I were to go again I would request a booth in the back and hopefully that would improve the experience. The food, however, needs no improvement. Every course was delicious; we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Food was just ok but very expensive................
- Always ExcellentdineoutDined on 9/10/2014The experience at Morton's is always top notch which always makes it a special occasion!Special Features:
- Mortin's ScottsdaleJeriVIPDined on 9/9/2014We have experienced several Morton Restaurants. We have always had positive experience with Morton Restaurants. Adding sprouts to the menu was a plus. Be nice if there were other bread choices. Waite staff is always very good.Special Features:
- Could have been much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014prime rib is seared on each side and did not like that at all. caesaer salad limp and tasted abnormal. wife did not like her mixed seafood entree. She liked her salad. I did not like her salad. Souffle was good. For the very high prices I expected at least tolerable food. Would not recommend the restaurant. Service was good/attentive. Poor selection of soft drinks.Special Features:
- steakguyDined on 9/6/2014As usual, our dinner was wonderful. Steve and Jane had our wine and dinner on the table in no time. The food was delicious and the steak was outstanding. We always look forward to coming to Morton's Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the expenseEat2EnjoyDined on 9/5/2014Waitress was informative but never told her name and was not overly friendly. Talked to fast to catch everything she was explaining. Told us Morton's was known for their beef. Don't know how with the very stringy ribeye my husband had. No way was it worth $51. My halibut was good at best. I never say never, but not sure if we will go back. There are to many other real good restaurants for the same price or lower.
- The OutingDuffyWillyDined on 8/31/2014The greeting was prompt and friendly. The surroundings were just right. The food and service were excellent. The key was our steaks which were done to our likes. Salads were also. A great experience for our 53 year anniversary. Thanks for the dessert.Special Features:
- Good FoodLeemerchDined on 8/30/2014Nice big food portion, enough to share. Excellent desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad servicemortonDined on 8/28/2014Service has gone down hill. They were not busy and we had the worst service we ever had there. Food was good except for the crab cake. Dessert was the best, molton chocolate cake.
- Dinner that went on foreverSteveDined on 8/28/2014We're dined in Morton's Restaurant across the country and finally hit a clinker. It took two visits for that to happen. Only so much can be blamed on a new chef, as we were told was the problem. We have a 45 minute wait between our salad and entree. Waiter did a good job, but did make excuses about large tables causing delay. There were no more the a dozen tables occupied and only three had 4 or more occupants. The is Morton's, big league restaurant and you can't handle that load? Probably ended our Morton's dining for awhile. Too many great restaurants in the Scottsdale area for us to tempt this level of service again.
- as usual....terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Great food great service...the decor is a bit dated and no windows or art work....but the wine list is terrific and the food is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Go To" SteakhouseLfaltoprDined on 8/19/2014I always consider Morton's The Steakhouse my "go to" steakhouse. I have visited several Morton's throughout the years and it has always provided me with a great wine list (which I really love) and great prime aged steaks. It is well valued and simple, although the desserts (hot ones) like the hot chocolate cake and souffle are exceptional. Always a great dinner experience.Special Features:
- Yum-O!AletheaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a wonderful meal with my friend. We both enjoyed all of our food and drinks. We'll be back again another time for sure! The Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella appetizer is definitely worth mentioning! Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have much better options2Diners4FunDined on 8/16/2014We visited Morton's in Scottsdale after receiving a gift card. The restaurant is currently undergoing renovation and looks a bit shabby. Their dining room is bright and airy, with all the ambiance of Denny's. The service was attentive but inappropriately friendly for a high-end steakhouse. Dinner was very good but the menu is ridiculously overpriced for what you get. It may be a decent place to take clients once the remodeling is done, but not for a romantic dinner. Scottsdale offers many wonderful restaurants that are far better.
- Not GoodLoveToEatDined on 8/14/2014Very disappointed. I was expecting much more. Morton's has a great reputation as a good steakhouse. The food was not good, the atmosphere was not good, the service was average. I definitely prefer Capital Grill or Ruth's Chris for steaks.
- Great ExperiencerabbibjkDined on 8/9/2014Just what you'd hope for in an upscale steakhouse. Service was perfect, as were the steaks. We had the filet and the porterhouse- both were delicious. Good wine selection and especially enjoyed the caesar salad. The brussel sprouts were a little under-cooked and could have benefited from more seasoning. Bread was okay but not memorable.Special Features:
- impressedbyUOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014I am delighted to report our evening was top notch from our entrance into the restaurant until we exited. We enjoyed the mozzarella appetizer, the summer salad, the onion bread, the sautéed brussel sprouts, and our entrees, from the first to the last bite. I loved the flavor of my steak, and my husband enjoyed the haddock, as well. Since we were celebrating my birthday, we were treated to the tastiest, light dessert imaginable. I could not have eaten another bite of food, even if I had desired. My husband loved the Frank Sinatra music. The atmosphere was conducive to conversing, without much interference. I am happy with the photo given as a souvenir of a wonderful evening. We noted many were celebrating in this lovely, and friendly place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhousebabbasDined on 8/3/2014We were visiting Morton's for our 12th Anniversary. Morton's treated us to a personalized experience that we will never forget. Thank you Morton's for making our Anniversary dinner a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!DiggzDined on 8/1/2014Our waitress addressed our questions w/out batting an eye. And since we were celebrating my girlfriends birthday, they made her feel welcome by honoring our requests we placed through our online reservation. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichardVIPDined on 7/9/2014John Dos Santos goes above and beyond to make our experience personal and special. Servers are on top of everything and the filet & porterhouse were stupendous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service/Food;Ambience lackingTheDadDined on 7/7/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. Food was excellent and the service was watchful but not overbearing. It's in an older restaurant that has some charm but nothing too special. Cost of Food was very high. Had a $60 peppercorn steak, it was scrumptious, but still a lot of money for a steak.Special Features:
- A Landry's favoriteHughDined on 7/6/2014We often eat at Morton's, always great service and outstanding meals. This time we took advantage of their anniversary special and found it to be just as high quality as the regular priced meals.Special Features:
- solo dinerTbyrdDined on 7/6/2014I made a reservation for myself at Morton's. I was greeted and seated promptly. My waitress seemed miffed that I was eating alone and quickly removed the extra dishes. She brought out the dinner menu and mentioned the daily specials. She did not mention the $35 special. I'm assuming that Morton's didn't want to advertise it but wanted their patrons to order off the menu instead. I stated that I wanted the $35 special and the waitress asked which salad, entree, and dessert I wanted. She did not explain what each item was. For example, I had to ask her what the Morton's salad was. She abruptly went through each section. I didn't ask her to explain the entrees since she seemed to be in a hurry. I ordered ice water but received bottled instead.Special Features:
- Worst steak ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I had a 22oz ribeye and it was the worst steak I'd ever had! I asked for medium and it was charred on the outside. It had no seasoning and all I could taste was char. To top it off cost my husband and I $200!!!! Will never go back!!!!!
- Great night!CinnamonDined on 7/5/2014The ocassion was our 46th Wedding Anniversary and we have a great meal, great time and Morten's made it special with a menu with our names and wedding anniversary years, stars sprinkled on our table and our server, Eric was simply "the best." He made our night very relaxed and took care of all out needs. To top it off, they took and picture of us and had it framed and ready at our departure. We have it placed to view for the week. Thank you for being a restaurant who still cares about professional presentation, uniformed in dress and attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointdinnerisingDined on 7/5/2014This was our first visit. We took advantage of the 35th Anniversary Special. Filets were cooked as ordered including my medium rare. The horseradish mashed potatoes were a very pleasant interesting combination and the chocolate mousse was a great finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy Morton'sVeryPickyDined on 7/3/2014Great menu and exceptional quality food, the waiter (Eric) had the answer to all my questions he was what you would expect from the Morton name, I think this is where the praise stops. For a restaurant of this stature I would think, actually the place was too noisy to think, and there lies the problem for the total cost of the meal I could have had a more pleasant time at Applebee’s. If you are going to take your “ Life’s Partner” out to someplace special, Morten’s is not the place, to “Bright and Noisy”. As an after thought the designers of your facility should go back to “Life” school to find out what it’s all about. Joe Fox, Scottsdale, AZ 85260Special Features:
- birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/3/2014We went for my wifes birthday and we had a very good meal. We are always welcome when we arrive.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal on "special"ZonaLadyDined on 7/3/2014We went to Morton's for one of their special meal deals. Food was delicious and portions on sides & salads very generous. Our 6oz filet was wonderful. Our server was very pleasant and attentive without hovering. Only wish he'd told us that we could have upgraded our entree or picked other sides at a reasonable price. Would definitely have taken advantage of that. We heard a server at the next table over telling her guests about those options. Next time - we'll ask.Special Features:
- good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014We ordered the Morton Anniversary Special. The filet was excellent, but the salad was small and quite bland. The side dishes were also very ordinary. I assume that the restaurant was trying to save money since the price of the special was only $35. We have had much better experiences at Morton's, but we also spent more. I conclude that I would rather spend more and have a better experience.Special Features:
- Best steak I have ever hadgreatsteakDined on 7/2/2014When I want to have a great steak, I go to Mortons = The Steakhouse. We went there for their 35th Anniversary week and had their special. It was great. I recommend Morton's to anyone who wants a great steak. The food is great every time we come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BebeDined on 7/2/2014Everything was as we expected. The food was excellent. The filet was one of the best we ever had. Our waiter was pleasant and very efficient. Our over experience was that we had a great evening enjoying a great meal. We have been there before and each time we have dinner there we are not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable QualityDaveHVIPDined on 7/1/2014From the moment we walked through the door till we departed after the meal, everything was great. Our server was friendly, there when we wanted her, yet allowed us to take our time and enjoy a three hour experience. Hurley, the bartender always makes us feel welcome, and John, the manager is wonderful at helping with one's wine choice. I definitely recommend ordering one of their special rare wines. My wife's filet was fork tender and juicy, my ribeye was flavorful and both were cook to perfection. The horseradish potatoes were delicious and the broccoli tender yet not mushy. With food this good it is difficult to keep room for the desert but both of their specialty deserts; Lava cake and soufflé are worth it. And the lava cake Sunday, Wow!Special Features:
- Always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014My wife and I have never been disappointed while dining at Morton's.Special Features:
- In a word? Disappointed.dineoutoftenDined on 6/29/2014We usually enjoy dining at Ruth's Chris but decided to try something different. We were sadly disappointed. The background music was too loud and when asked them to turn it down the waitress said it was as low as it can go. Not true because a few minutes later it was down but still too loud. Price was also a disappointment when compared to the service, ambiance, and quality of food at other valley fine dining restaurants we frequent. We will not be back.
- Great good&i service. Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Best bone in filet mignon.Awesome service &great food. Would definitely go back for another steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014What a surprise to find such GREAT service and food at a chain. Every course was wonderful - onion soup, tuna tatare, spinach salad, Caesar salad, chocolate mousse, key lime pie, filet mignon, chicken bianco, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, potatoes lyonnais. We were celebrating a birthday and they took a lovely photo and presented it to the birthday person with a frame at the conclusion of the meal. Service was excellent - every course promptly removed and the next course appeared. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPleasedVIPDined on 6/21/2014Our experience at Morton's was outstanding! The service was great, as was the food! We were treated very well, which was all the more important since a recent experience at Scottsdale's Ruth's Chris was so disappointing. Bravo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.