Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale
15233 N. Kierland Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4809514440
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Bar12-21: Open at 5:00pm daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! A variety of menus available.
- Special Events: Morton's in Scottsdale hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/scottsdale
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale
For over 30 years, Morton's The Steakhouse is renowned for its signature menu and legendary hospitality, setting the standard by which all other Steakhouses are measured. Savor The Good Life with the finest quality foods, featuring USDA prime aged, Midwest grain-fed beef, fresh fish and seafood, hand-picked produce and decadent desserts – prepared to perfection. Whether its for an elegant Mortini and bar bite in BAR 12-21, or for a wonderful dinner featuring The Best Steak Anywhere, Morton's The Steakhouse epitomizes the elegance and excitement for fine steakhouse dining!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)romantic (40)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Yum-O!AletheaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a wonderful meal with my friend. We both enjoyed all of our food and drinks. We'll be back again another time for sure! The Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella appetizer is definitely worth mentioning! Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have much better options2Diners4FunDined on 8/16/2014We visited Morton's in Scottsdale after receiving a gift card. The restaurant is currently undergoing renovation and looks a bit shabby. Their dining room is bright and airy, with all the ambiance of Denny's. The service was attentive but inappropriately friendly for a high-end steakhouse. Dinner was very good but the menu is ridiculously overpriced for what you get. It may be a decent place to take clients once the remodeling is done, but not for a romantic dinner. Scottsdale offers many wonderful restaurants that are far better.
- Not GoodLoveToEatDined on 8/14/2014Very disappointed. I was expecting much more. Morton's has a great reputation as a good steakhouse. The food was not good, the atmosphere was not good, the service was average. I definitely prefer Capital Grill or Ruth's Chris for steaks.
- Great ExperiencerabbibjkDined on 8/9/2014Just what you'd hope for in an upscale steakhouse. Service was perfect, as were the steaks. We had the filet and the porterhouse- both were delicious. Good wine selection and especially enjoyed the caesar salad. The brussel sprouts were a little under-cooked and could have benefited from more seasoning. Bread was okay but not memorable.Special Features:
- impressedbyUOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014I am delighted to report our evening was top notch from our entrance into the restaurant until we exited. We enjoyed the mozzarella appetizer, the summer salad, the onion bread, the sautéed brussel sprouts, and our entrees, from the first to the last bite. I loved the flavor of my steak, and my husband enjoyed the haddock, as well. Since we were celebrating my birthday, we were treated to the tastiest, light dessert imaginable. I could not have eaten another bite of food, even if I had desired. My husband loved the Frank Sinatra music. The atmosphere was conducive to conversing, without much interference. I am happy with the photo given as a souvenir of a wonderful evening. We noted many were celebrating in this lovely, and friendly place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhousebabbasDined on 8/3/2014We were visiting Morton's for our 12th Anniversary. Morton's treated us to a personalized experience that we will never forget. Thank you Morton's for making our Anniversary dinner a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!DiggzDined on 8/1/2014Our waitress addressed our questions w/out batting an eye. And since we were celebrating my girlfriends birthday, they made her feel welcome by honoring our requests we placed through our online reservation. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichardVIPDined on 7/9/2014John Dos Santos goes above and beyond to make our experience personal and special. Servers are on top of everything and the filet & porterhouse were stupendous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service/Food;Ambience lackingTheDadDined on 7/7/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. Food was excellent and the service was watchful but not overbearing. It's in an older restaurant that has some charm but nothing too special. Cost of Food was very high. Had a $60 peppercorn steak, it was scrumptious, but still a lot of money for a steak.Special Features:
- A Landry's favoriteHughDined on 7/6/2014We often eat at Morton's, always great service and outstanding meals. This time we took advantage of their anniversary special and found it to be just as high quality as the regular priced meals.Special Features:
- solo dinerTbyrdDined on 7/6/2014I made a reservation for myself at Morton's. I was greeted and seated promptly. My waitress seemed miffed that I was eating alone and quickly removed the extra dishes. She brought out the dinner menu and mentioned the daily specials. She did not mention the $35 special. I'm assuming that Morton's didn't want to advertise it but wanted their patrons to order off the menu instead. I stated that I wanted the $35 special and the waitress asked which salad, entree, and dessert I wanted. She did not explain what each item was. For example, I had to ask her what the Morton's salad was. She abruptly went through each section. I didn't ask her to explain the entrees since she seemed to be in a hurry. I ordered ice water but received bottled instead.Special Features:
- Worst steak ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I had a 22oz ribeye and it was the worst steak I'd ever had! I asked for medium and it was charred on the outside. It had no seasoning and all I could taste was char. To top it off cost my husband and I $200!!!! Will never go back!!!!!
- Great night!CinnamonDined on 7/5/2014The ocassion was our 46th Wedding Anniversary and we have a great meal, great time and Morten's made it special with a menu with our names and wedding anniversary years, stars sprinkled on our table and our server, Eric was simply "the best." He made our night very relaxed and took care of all out needs. To top it off, they took and picture of us and had it framed and ready at our departure. We have it placed to view for the week. Thank you for being a restaurant who still cares about professional presentation, uniformed in dress and attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointdinnerisingDined on 7/5/2014This was our first visit. We took advantage of the 35th Anniversary Special. Filets were cooked as ordered including my medium rare. The horseradish mashed potatoes were a very pleasant interesting combination and the chocolate mousse was a great finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy Morton'sVeryPickyDined on 7/3/2014Great menu and exceptional quality food, the waiter (Eric) had the answer to all my questions he was what you would expect from the Morton name, I think this is where the praise stops. For a restaurant of this stature I would think, actually the place was too noisy to think, and there lies the problem for the total cost of the meal I could have had a more pleasant time at Applebee’s. If you are going to take your “ Life’s Partner” out to someplace special, Morten’s is not the place, to “Bright and Noisy”. As an after thought the designers of your facility should go back to “Life” school to find out what it’s all about. Joe Fox, Scottsdale, AZ 85260Special Features:
- birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/3/2014We went for my wifes birthday and we had a very good meal. We are always welcome when we arrive.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal on "special"ZonaLadyDined on 7/3/2014We went to Morton's for one of their special meal deals. Food was delicious and portions on sides & salads very generous. Our 6oz filet was wonderful. Our server was very pleasant and attentive without hovering. Only wish he'd told us that we could have upgraded our entree or picked other sides at a reasonable price. Would definitely have taken advantage of that. We heard a server at the next table over telling her guests about those options. Next time - we'll ask.Special Features:
- good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014We ordered the Morton Anniversary Special. The filet was excellent, but the salad was small and quite bland. The side dishes were also very ordinary. I assume that the restaurant was trying to save money since the price of the special was only $35. We have had much better experiences at Morton's, but we also spent more. I conclude that I would rather spend more and have a better experience.Special Features:
- Best steak I have ever hadgreatsteakDined on 7/2/2014When I want to have a great steak, I go to Mortons = The Steakhouse. We went there for their 35th Anniversary week and had their special. It was great. I recommend Morton's to anyone who wants a great steak. The food is great every time we come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BebeDined on 7/2/2014Everything was as we expected. The food was excellent. The filet was one of the best we ever had. Our waiter was pleasant and very efficient. Our over experience was that we had a great evening enjoying a great meal. We have been there before and each time we have dinner there we are not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable QualityDaveHVIPDined on 7/1/2014From the moment we walked through the door till we departed after the meal, everything was great. Our server was friendly, there when we wanted her, yet allowed us to take our time and enjoy a three hour experience. Hurley, the bartender always makes us feel welcome, and John, the manager is wonderful at helping with one's wine choice. I definitely recommend ordering one of their special rare wines. My wife's filet was fork tender and juicy, my ribeye was flavorful and both were cook to perfection. The horseradish potatoes were delicious and the broccoli tender yet not mushy. With food this good it is difficult to keep room for the desert but both of their specialty deserts; Lava cake and soufflé are worth it. And the lava cake Sunday, Wow!Special Features:
- Always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014My wife and I have never been disappointed while dining at Morton's.Special Features:
- In a word? Disappointed.dineoutoftenDined on 6/29/2014We usually enjoy dining at Ruth's Chris but decided to try something different. We were sadly disappointed. The background music was too loud and when asked them to turn it down the waitress said it was as low as it can go. Not true because a few minutes later it was down but still too loud. Price was also a disappointment when compared to the service, ambiance, and quality of food at other valley fine dining restaurants we frequent. We will not be back.
- Great good&i service. Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Best bone in filet mignon.Awesome service &great food. Would definitely go back for another steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014What a surprise to find such GREAT service and food at a chain. Every course was wonderful - onion soup, tuna tatare, spinach salad, Caesar salad, chocolate mousse, key lime pie, filet mignon, chicken bianco, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, potatoes lyonnais. We were celebrating a birthday and they took a lovely photo and presented it to the birthday person with a frame at the conclusion of the meal. Service was excellent - every course promptly removed and the next course appeared. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPleasedVIPDined on 6/21/2014Our experience at Morton's was outstanding! The service was great, as was the food! We were treated very well, which was all the more important since a recent experience at Scottsdale's Ruth's Chris was so disappointing. Bravo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakguyDined on 6/21/2014As usual the food was awesome and the wait staff were terrific. Like clock work, the order is taken and within a very short wait, your served some of the best food in Scottsdale. The Filet Mignon is incredibly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/11/2014service and food is always consistantly great......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Scottsdale1CorkeyDined on 6/8/2014Steaks were not up to par for a $50 price. The filet was in reality a $20 steak, not worth the $50 asking price, and my wives NY Strip was also only fair. The Lobster bisque had three small pieces of lobster for $14.99 for the bowl. Waaaay over priced for the food quality.
- $50.00 for a $12.00 Steak & PotatoTakenDined on 5/30/2014What a joke, made a resv. for my wife & sons Birthday. 3 tables of customers or a total of less then 10 people in 31/2 hours. Place was dead and the service was poor considering know one their. Tried to serve 1 crab cake to 3 people for an appert. and breaded Escargot that looked like it was bought in the frozen food section and microwaved. Long Island Ice Tea served in a Wine Glass for $13.00 and French Fries for $11.00 and the same for a Baked Potato. A double Pork Chop uncooked served Red center, had to send back to be cooked. $5.00 for a Shirley Temple. My Porterhouse was a Supermarket $12.00 steak and my wife had the Cajun, good, but not worth $50.00. Gin & Soda a Ice Tea and a side of Mac & Cheese. $240.00 Bill for a $100 dinner.Special Features:
- Foodie499Dined on 5/25/2014This was during Restaurant Week and we enjoyed the fixed price menu with a good selection. The steaks were some of the best ever.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceMadisonDined on 5/24/2014We took our friends who have never been to Morton's and they loved it! Extra treat when we were presented with the 4-course summer menu for $49! We enjoyed it thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissappointednoway21Dined on 5/24/2014We ate here as one of the restaurants for restaurant week. I have eaten at Morton's in Chicago and found it excellent. This was the first in Scottsdale. The food was good not great. The service was slow and uninspired. They looked understaffed. Water was not refilled and we had to stand and grab the waiter to get one refill of soda. I will not return to Mortons. I will go to Ruth Chris or Eddy V's
- DisappointingPBodyDined on 5/23/2014Had this been my first visit, it would be my last. Filet was overcooked (but tasty). Broccoli was mush. Hollandaise, Lyonnaise potatoes and pasta all tasteless; I mean no flavor whatsoever. Stuffed shrimp was dry shrimp with drier bread crumbs. Onion soup and bread were delicious. My first visit to Morton's was New Year's Eve-fabulous! So good I returned in February for my birthday. Again, it was wonderful. This time was Restaurant Week in Phoenix. Was that the problem? Too busy to care? I thought this was my new favorite special occasion restaurant. I'm now thinking maybe not...Special Features:
- Not surebenemacVIPDined on 5/23/2014I've been to other Morton's (DC & Orlando) and they were exceptional. We came to this one during restaurant week. I don't think that was the reason the food was so so, but I can't be sure. Our server was good; the gentleman serving water was right on time; those that cleared the table were great. It was the food and getting our orders mixed up that didn't make sense. I was the only one that ordered medium on the filet. Mine was med/rare. It belonged to another at the table. But she got a well done filet. Server took it back. Brought out a rare filet. Instead of returning it, another at my table took it. Portions small. Souffles were awful. They collapsed and had to tear apart the top. Nothing poured into them. Disappointing.Special Features:
- My dining at Morton's, May 22WilliejsDined on 5/22/2014I have always gone to Morton's, usually my last night at the Westin Kierland Villas in Scottsdale. This time was diappointing. Our server didn't seem to care one way or another. Previously, servers always asked about their famous dessert in the beginning as it takes some time to prepare. She did not, and this time I was going to order their famous Souffle. She did not come back to check on my wine selection for dinner. Her assistant literally "threw" the topping for our baked potato. Service was not up to Morton's reputation. As I said, disappointing for $150.00 bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014We enjoyed our evening except we didn't care for our table, oblong and sitting across from each other. There were plenty of booths available but thought they were for larger parties than two but as the restaurant filled up most of the booths had only two people, even a square table would have worked better for us. The other disappointment was that it was our 62nd anniversary which I put on the reservation and no one acknowledged it but it was still a nice evening anyway.Special Features:
- started out greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014The food was amazing, the deal was outstanding! The service was great to start out with, but after dessert was delivered, we never saw our server again. I had to go to the bar to ask for a to go box and although the valet asked us to give our ticket to our server, we never got a chance to do so. I realize we were participating in Restaurant Week, so we tried to adjust the gratuity accordingly- I mean over 30% is nothing to scoff at after drinks and add ons. Anyway, I would not come back and spend full price to get this kind of service.Special Features:
- groupof4Dined on 5/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. We were relaxed and were not at all rushed. We have eaten at quite a few of your restaurants and this was one of our best eveningsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week gemGCfromVegasDined on 5/19/2014We chose Morton's for a team celebration and found the restaurant week selection to be extensive and delicious. Looking forward to a return visit to enjoy more of the menu and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.