Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale
15233 N. Kierland Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (480) 951-4440
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Bar12-21: Open at 5:00pm daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! A variety of menus available.
- Special Events: Morton's in Scottsdale hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/scottsdale
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale
For over 30 years, Morton's The Steakhouse is renowned for its signature menu and legendary hospitality, setting the standard by which all other Steakhouses are measured. Savor The Good Life with the finest quality foods, featuring USDA prime aged, Midwest grain-fed beef, fresh fish and seafood, hand-picked produce and decadent desserts – prepared to perfection. Whether its for an elegant Mortini and bar bite in BAR 12-21, or for a wonderful dinner featuring The Best Steak Anywhere, Morton's The Steakhouse epitomizes the elegance and excitement for fine steakhouse dining!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (28)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Service was horribly slow.RayBVIPDined on 11/26/2014Service became a point of distraction and ruined our evening. Too many good steakhouses in the area.
- Disapointing evening.ThomDined on 11/25/2014Our steak was very dry, lobster tail too chewy. Spinach dish was excellent. Our waiter, Eric, was did an outstanding job. Will not return.
- Outstanding tasteCiscoKidDined on 11/16/2014Great for special occasion; the food was outstanding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayCornyDined on 11/15/2014Birthday dinner was special and my filet mignon was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014We've always enjoyed dining at Morton's because the food has been exceptional and the service has also been outstanding. This particular visit, the steaks were not as good as before, the lettuce in the salad was mediocre, the baked potato was undercooked and the "free dessert" (mousse) was a joke. Our waitress was friendly, but not very attentive as the staff has always been before. She took our order, delivered the food and brought us the bill, not a whole lot more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First Visit To Morton'sBillyQDined on 11/13/2014I have to say, it was with a bit of trepidation that I first approached Morton's. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But that trepidation was waylaid immediately up[on entering the restaurant. We were greeted like family, and seated at a very quiet table. The wait staff were exceptional. The food was all that my guest had said it was and better. But the most surprising was how competitive the pricing was. All I can say at this point is, that while this may have been my first visit to Morton's, it certainly won't be my last. Thank you all for such an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 11/9/2014The only negative is the sautéed wild mushrooms; they were tasteless and very disappointing. I would not recommend them to anyone, even those I don't like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Had a gift card to spend, but a $ 50+ 6 oz. steak, seriously?
- Food and service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Everything was great. My wife and I had a great dining experience for our anniversay. They did custom menus for our anniversary and a complimentary dessert. Could have done without someone interrupting our conversation and asking us if we needed anything every 30 seconds but overall very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014The re-design of this Mortons failed. The bar is now a part of the dining room which just makes no sense and is very awkward. We dined here on Halloween and they were having a $35 dollar dinner special. What they don't tell you is that the salad and dessert are smaller portions. If you are going to skimp on something for a special it definitely should not be 10 cents worth of lettuce, pathetic. The salmon is farm raised (junk food of salmon) and I'm not sure how you can ask top dollar for beef that is from a feed lot not grass fed or organic. We won't be back.
- luvgoodfoodDined on 10/31/2014Lindsay, at the bar was delightful. She made all feel welcome and her mixology was great. I had read bad reviews about Mortons, but we wated to see for ourselves. Yes, it id s bit on the high priced side, but worth EVERY penny. The chopped salad, bone in rib strak mushrooms and soufle could not have been better. Nick, our server was friendly and there for our every need. DEFINATELY a great placeSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I took my wife to Mortons for our anniversary. She was so impressed by the little details. The customized menu that they make for you. They had our names on them wishing us a happy anniversary. They also take pictures to make your experience memorable. You get a complementary dessert which is a nice treat. The service was impeccable. The food was to die for. The ambiance was romantic. Yes it is expensive but for a special occasion it is well worth it. Can't wait to go back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeriVIPDined on 10/21/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary Morton's. The food and service was outstanding. We have dined at Morton restaurants several times over the years. Scottsdale Morton's is the best. Interesting point, two other couples were waiting with us to be seated in the dining room. All three of us were celebrating our wedding anniversaries.Special Features:
- heartsdesire26VIPDined on 10/19/2014Always an inviting, friendly place. Both John and Carlos will do everything they can to make you feel comfortable.Special Features:
- Morton's Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014We will not dine at Morton's again. The service was superb, the food great. However, having to pay $6 for valet parking at a high end restraurant seems over the top. After all, our dinner tab, for 4 was $343 +$80 tip. Too many really fine steakhouses in Scottsdale to choose from without paying for valet parking! Also, noise level was "quiet" because there were few diners.
- Consistently WonderfulTomUDined on 10/16/2014from the magnificent jumbo shrimp appetizer to the molten chocolate desert, Morton's knows how to serve a fabulous meal. The steaks were prepared exactly as ordered and the taste was the best I have had for a bone in steak in a very long time. Morton's is a fixed part of our special dining events from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience so far...KeepitconsistentDined on 10/9/2014We have tried many of the area steakhouses. Some are great. Some are not so great. One area we have issues with is consistency. Morton's is always consistent in our opinion. We keep going back because the others to let us down, good once, not so good the next time.Special Features:
- Good dinner, disappointing soufflebeareaterDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I dined at Morton's because it participated in Arizona Restaurant Week. The menu offered several appetizer, entree, sides, and dessert selections from Morton's regular menu. The portion sizes were good but not enormous. My wife's filet and my salmon were both very good. The only disappointment was the chocolate souffle. It was hard to taste the chocolate. When I told our server that the souffle was disappointing, she offered the chocolate mousse, which was outstanding! She said that the souffle recipe calls for very little chocolate and that people are often disappointed that it is not a rich chocolate dessert. The restaurant week menu was a great way to experience Morton's at a great price.Special Features:
- Honest reviewghisallo314Dined on 9/23/2014Yes, I went during Restaurant Week. I know the stigma it carries. But I wasn't a guest who asked for everything and expected to pay nothing. We ordered glasses of wine, upgraded my filet, in total spent $170 for two people on a nice meal. But that's all that it was. A nice meal. It was good, but nothing overly impressive, and that pretty much sums up the entire dining experience. It never felt like an "elevated" dining experience you might expect at a place like Morton's. Our server was nice, friendly but also very casual and busy. It seemed like we never captivated her attention. The ambiance was also lacking. The dining room was fairly noisy and a little warm near the prep/kitchen area. All in all, a bit of a let down.Special Features:
- As Expected - Top Level ServiceDougDined on 9/20/2014Steaks were cooked perfectly, cocktails were a very good pour, service was attentive.Special Features:
- Average food qualityDizsatDined on 9/13/2014Have visited Morton's numerous times previously, but last experience was most disappointing. Food quality which was one of the reasons we enjoy Morton's was really quite average. My wife ordered a chicken entry which was a surprisingly small portion and not flavorful. KFC would have been a better choice for chicken.
- Food Great; ambiance is goneHeathermac77Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I love the food, but they have opened up the bar to the dining room and now you can see sports while dining. If this appeals, then you are in luck; my husband and I were looking for an intimate dinner, and that wasn't the case with the table at which we were seated. If I were to go again I would request a booth in the back and hopefully that would improve the experience. The food, however, needs no improvement. Every course was delicious; we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Food was just ok but very expensive................
- Always ExcellentdineoutDined on 9/10/2014The experience at Morton's is always top notch which always makes it a special occasion!Special Features:
- Mortin's ScottsdaleJeriVIPDined on 9/9/2014We have experienced several Morton Restaurants. We have always had positive experience with Morton Restaurants. Adding sprouts to the menu was a plus. Be nice if there were other bread choices. Waite staff is always very good.Special Features:
- Could have been much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014prime rib is seared on each side and did not like that at all. caesaer salad limp and tasted abnormal. wife did not like her mixed seafood entree. She liked her salad. I did not like her salad. Souffle was good. For the very high prices I expected at least tolerable food. Would not recommend the restaurant. Service was good/attentive. Poor selection of soft drinks.Special Features:
- steakguyDined on 9/6/2014As usual, our dinner was wonderful. Steve and Jane had our wine and dinner on the table in no time. The food was delicious and the steak was outstanding. We always look forward to coming to Morton's Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the expenseEat2EnjoyDined on 9/5/2014Waitress was informative but never told her name and was not overly friendly. Talked to fast to catch everything she was explaining. Told us Morton's was known for their beef. Don't know how with the very stringy ribeye my husband had. No way was it worth $51. My halibut was good at best. I never say never, but not sure if we will go back. There are to many other real good restaurants for the same price or lower.
- The OutingDuffyWillyDined on 8/31/2014The greeting was prompt and friendly. The surroundings were just right. The food and service were excellent. The key was our steaks which were done to our likes. Salads were also. A great experience for our 53 year anniversary. Thanks for the dessert.Special Features:
- Good FoodLeemerchDined on 8/30/2014Nice big food portion, enough to share. Excellent desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad servicemortonDined on 8/28/2014Service has gone down hill. They were not busy and we had the worst service we ever had there. Food was good except for the crab cake. Dessert was the best, molton chocolate cake.
- Dinner that went on foreverSteveDined on 8/28/2014We're dined in Morton's Restaurant across the country and finally hit a clinker. It took two visits for that to happen. Only so much can be blamed on a new chef, as we were told was the problem. We have a 45 minute wait between our salad and entree. Waiter did a good job, but did make excuses about large tables causing delay. There were no more the a dozen tables occupied and only three had 4 or more occupants. The is Morton's, big league restaurant and you can't handle that load? Probably ended our Morton's dining for awhile. Too many great restaurants in the Scottsdale area for us to tempt this level of service again.
- as usual....terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Great food great service...the decor is a bit dated and no windows or art work....but the wine list is terrific and the food is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Go To" SteakhouseLfaltoprDined on 8/19/2014I always consider Morton's The Steakhouse my "go to" steakhouse. I have visited several Morton's throughout the years and it has always provided me with a great wine list (which I really love) and great prime aged steaks. It is well valued and simple, although the desserts (hot ones) like the hot chocolate cake and souffle are exceptional. Always a great dinner experience.Special Features:
- Yum-O!AletheaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a wonderful meal with my friend. We both enjoyed all of our food and drinks. We'll be back again another time for sure! The Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella appetizer is definitely worth mentioning! Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have much better options2Diners4FunDined on 8/16/2014We visited Morton's in Scottsdale after receiving a gift card. The restaurant is currently undergoing renovation and looks a bit shabby. Their dining room is bright and airy, with all the ambiance of Denny's. The service was attentive but inappropriately friendly for a high-end steakhouse. Dinner was very good but the menu is ridiculously overpriced for what you get. It may be a decent place to take clients once the remodeling is done, but not for a romantic dinner. Scottsdale offers many wonderful restaurants that are far better.
- Not GoodLoveToEatDined on 8/14/2014Very disappointed. I was expecting much more. Morton's has a great reputation as a good steakhouse. The food was not good, the atmosphere was not good, the service was average. I definitely prefer Capital Grill or Ruth's Chris for steaks.
- Great ExperiencerabbibjkDined on 8/9/2014Just what you'd hope for in an upscale steakhouse. Service was perfect, as were the steaks. We had the filet and the porterhouse- both were delicious. Good wine selection and especially enjoyed the caesar salad. The brussel sprouts were a little under-cooked and could have benefited from more seasoning. Bread was okay but not memorable.Special Features:
- Great SteakhousebabbasDined on 8/3/2014We were visiting Morton's for our 12th Anniversary. Morton's treated us to a personalized experience that we will never forget. Thank you Morton's for making our Anniversary dinner a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!DiggzDined on 8/1/2014Our waitress addressed our questions w/out batting an eye. And since we were celebrating my girlfriends birthday, they made her feel welcome by honoring our requests we placed through our online reservation. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.