Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana
1641 W. Sunflower Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92704Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 7144444834
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Dining Room:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Santa Ana hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/santaana
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana - Best Restaurants in Santa Ana ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)romantic (70)notable wine list (55)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (15)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Morton's Not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Morton's just not the same as it once was, service was great but the steak was not what I expect from Morton's. Maybe new ownership or maybe a bad cut of meat.
- The best steak... alwaysgrumpyflyVIPDined on 9/13/2014I was recently in Omaha for business and had steak on two occasions (hearing that Omaha is known for steaks). They were good, but nothing like Morton's.
- GrammyGrammyDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I took our adult grandchildren out for dinner to catch up on their lives. Take 'em out to eat and you can find out a lot of info! Morton's is a great place to go. Delicious food, great ambiance, good service.....just perfect! I recommend it to all grandparents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Santa AnaLuvsteakDined on 9/5/2014I took my daughter-in-law to Morton's to celebrate her birthday because Morton's never fails to deliver... Thank you once again Morton's for making this another unforgettable experience... Great steak, great service, and great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBellaDined on 9/5/2014Everything we ordered was delicious. The atmosphere was very nice and we were greeted very nicely as we walked into the restaurant. I have always recommended this restaurant to others. I have yet to have been disappointed.Special Features:
- LonewolfLonewolfDined on 9/5/2014Service and food were superb. Serving sizes were large and very well prepared. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and were served a delectable complimentary dessert. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its touch?JustBobVIPDined on 9/4/2014Two visits for dinner in a week. Business meals., party of 4 each time. Food was way off. Filets ( total of 6 ordered of the 8 meals) were chewy ... Grade choice at best. Signature salad tasted like a watered down blue cheese. Tasteless salad. Too much salt on the steaks.
- Wonderful!ChrickyDined on 9/3/2014We had a great experience at Morton's. As always, there were mixed reviews, but we went for it and were glad we did. The service was great, food was spectacular. We'll go back without a doubt!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014After we were seated we waited for almost twenty minutes before being approached by our server. This was especially surprising since the restaurant was almost empty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The bread that was served to us was not warm and very dry and over-baked, unlike the steamingly warm one that we are accustomed to. Also, the bread seems to become smaller in size and with less dried onions with our each visit, kinda disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent servicevalnkaeDined on 8/31/2014Hostess greeted us warmly and asked if we wished to be seated as we were a few minutes early. Our server, Tina, was very warm, friendly and knowledgeable about items on the menu. The food was very good, but expensive, so this would be a special occasion dining place for us. A nice touch was the menu had the person's name with Happy Birthday printed on the top of the paper menu. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Yummy as usual!foodieDined on 8/30/2014Food was great as usual. Had the filet mignon, side of mushrooms, and the mac & cheese....heavenly!Special Features:
- wonderful dining!MikeDined on 8/28/2014Dinner was fabulous; service exceptional (but how many times did we have to assure staff everything was fine? at least 3 different people came by asking)..... I would absolutely recommend this restaurant - but OH my, was it a noisy bar - we were seated far enough away that it was ok but VERY lively. Weird music playing in background; seemed to be multiple songs - just slightly irritating. (traffic was HORRIFIC; thankfully, anticipating we would be late -- and we were) I called the restaurant letting them know. They were VERY gracious about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy but goodsunshinegrlDined on 8/26/2014Recently ate here for our anniversary, but because we chose to eat off the Summer Finale menu, they didn't give us a complimentary dessert, which they had told us they'd give us when we first got there. That was very disappointing and I think they should have stated that upfront. The steaks were good, cooked to our specifications. The sides are disappointing though. The best thing they offer is the Grand Marnier Souffle. It's heavenly. The rest of the menu, especially the sides, you can get elsewhere for a better price and probably better taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014My husband and I celebrated our 17th anniversary there. Everyone was very nice and congratulated us. They printed our menu's that said happy 17th anniversary and they took our picture then framed it! The food was wonderful and the service and the attention from the staff was great! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014We've come to this Morton's a few times, and this was probably one of the most notable occasions. We came to celebrate my daughter's birthday, and our server, Pat, made it absolutely fantastic. The food was amazing, as always. Our filets and sea bass were cooked and seasoned to perfection, but a few notable items that people might miss: lyonnaise potatoes, baked escargot, and the lemon/grand marnier souffle! You must get the souffle if you come here, and make sure that you order it ahead of time, as it takes about 20-30 minutes to bake! The staff at Morton's are always so friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. To top off the night, they got a picture of our entire family, printed it, and gave us something to remember our experience by!Special Features:
- Special TreatmentjmgoldilocksDined on 8/23/2014We've always loved Morton's for the great steaks, excellent vegetable sides, perfect and FRIENDLY service and comfortable atmosphere. Last week, we celebrated a birthday at Morton's Santa Ana and found they even raise the bar for your special occasion! We were given menus with our birthday celebrants name, they took a photo of our group and gave us several copies in personalized paper frames, and delish lemon soufflé with a candle. These special touches were in addition to their typical lovely welcome (not just courteous--WARM!) prompt professional table service, yummy steaks, crisp salads, a great variety of well-prepared sides, and XXX desserts. Also, take your vegetarians and vegans there to wow them with their veggie plate!!Special Features:
- Scotay72Dined on 8/23/2014The food and service was exceptional. Upon arrival, we were seated in a booth directly in front of the kitchen. Within minutes, we requested a change of table because of the noise level from that area. Our request was quickly granted and we moved to a less noisy spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Took my old man here for his birthday with my sister. Overall, it was pretty good. The Beefsteak Tomato salad was dressed with a bit too much vinaigrette but overall decent. All three of us ordered the 6oz filet mignon as our entree cooked at different temperatures. Probably one of the best cooked filet mignon I have had. It was a perfect medium rare. What made this experience though was that the service was pretty amazing. Our server, Angela was extremely friend, knew her customers, and was very attentive. Also the rest of the staff was extremely friendly (kudos to the host staff). Will definitely come here again.Special Features:
- Chris Nicola - Anniversary LunchCAN007Dined on 8/21/2014My Wife and I had a wonderful time on our Anniversary Lunch. The service was wonderful. The customized menu's for our Anniversary and the photograph taken of my Wife and I was a very nice touch. We will recommend Morton's as a very enjoyable place to dine. The music, particularly at 1:30 pm or so with the restaurant mostly empty was a bit loud. The music selection was not particularly conducive to "relaxation" or focusing on you dining partner. Other than that we had a great time. Sincerely, Chris NicolaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wonderful lunch @ Morton's!EllenDined on 8/20/2014Oscar was a fabulous waiter and Wannessa was a very nice greeter and photographer! It was so fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the Time or MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/19/2014I could say a lot about how much this restaurant does not measure up to the standard they once set. But, just a few items to consider. The noise from the exposed bar is deafening, it just dominates the dining room. Service staff is less than first rate, they are not attentive, not knowledgeable. really it seems like they are under-staffed to boot. Now the food, while tasty, it is indifferently prepared and presented. None of this would be fatal if it weren't for the fact that the place is wickedly expensive. There are so many other, better and much more gracious restaurants in this same area--save your money, find one and go there instead!Special Features:
- My Best Dining ExperienceRnbabie65Dined on 8/19/2014I heard good things about Morton's so I decided to go on my birthday. The special attention I received made me feel like I was the only person who ever had a birthday there. Everyone my daughter & I encountered in the restaurant were so nice & attentive. The food was delicious & so was the free birthday dessert, lemon soufflé. Well worth the cost!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgaincindyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Since Landry's bought Mortons this restaurant has been nothing but a disappointment. The food was average to poor. The service was terrible. We had planned a special date night out and the experience was so unpleasant that it put damper on our whole evening.
- Best burger ever!LunchloverVIPDined on 8/19/2014Lunch at Morton's was a wonderful treat! The burger was the BEST I've ever had. Service was impeccable; wine list was impressive. Thank you - I will be back for sure!!Special Features:
- OCHWLuv2GoOutDined on 8/17/2014Our experience was great but for one thing. The people at the table behind us were taking flash photos every minute or so. I understand wanting pictures of special events, but come on!!!I was blinded by "flash burn" to the extent I couldn't even see the people at my own table.Have a bit of consideration for the other people in the room. Otherwise, food was amazing, service superb, I would come back(with my sunglasses, just in case!)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Have been going to Morton's Santa Ana for 20 years. Years ago-stellar food and service. Has deteriorated into a less than mediocre restaurant. Tony, the manager, is rude and condescending. The service is better at Denny's. The food is average.
- overpricedSocalazmanDined on 8/16/2014We went for my wife's birthday since I had a $100 gift card. We still spent nearly $200 and the food was good. The value is lacking... We also reserved with Open Table and afterwards I was told that I would not get points for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good old daysOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014Morton's is my staple steak restaurant. I have been to dozens of them across the country and just like this one, the food is outstanding. Since the takeover by its new owners however one item is missing: real butter with the bread! Why is that? Did this really have to be substituted with that wiped cheap stuff? it does put a dent in the experience for those that knew the good old days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingCiaosuzDined on 8/15/2014We had lunch with my mom for her 84th Bday. She does not do well in many restaurant settings because she generally can't hear with back-ground noise. Even though the restaurant was full, she could hear just fine. Wow! Love that. The decor is elegant and inviting. Food was superb, everything we had was cooked perfectly. A great place for any occasion. This was my first visit and I am planning to go back to have dinner - can't wait to try one of their steaks!Special Features:
- Excellent lunch - food AND service!WineWarriorDined on 8/14/2014Great lunch experience for a special occasion. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Food and vino were outstanding, as usual.Special Features:
- Wonderful Place for DinnerhappyfoodiesDined on 8/9/2014Our son and daughter-in-law gave my husband and I a gift certificate for dinner and we tried the 3-court certificate dinner. We both had the salmon which became available for a fish selection, The food was fantastic from the salad through the hot chocolate cake. Our server, Jon, was very attentive as well as the waiters who delivered water and coffee. The decor is beautiful. While the dinner price is not inexpensive, it is well worth the money for a marvelous night out for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilverfoxDined on 8/8/2014Service was excellent, food was good. However, we had a late dinner and the bread was dry and the soufflé was under cooked. Overall, steak was excellent. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special wasn't that specialSpartan70Dined on 8/3/2014We have dined at Morton's many times and have found the food, service and ambiance exceptional. However, this time we ere somewhat disappointed. Our server was very slow and several times left our table in the middle of our ordering to go to another table. We went for a special promotional meal and found that the portions were much smaller than in the past. Although we will probably return as this was our first less than exceptional dining experience at Morton's, we will research the promotions first.Special Features:
- Phenominal on all levelsSparkyHBDined on 8/2/2014Pricey, but well worth the funds! The food is excellent, the service exceptional, and the location is perfect for the entertainment options in the vicinity!Special Features:
- Morton's dinnerForzaV12Dined on 8/1/2014Had dinner with a party of four. Sampled the summer finale menu-food was outstanding, as usual and great value with this offer. The only minor negatives were a slightly elevated noise level and a late arriving appetizer. Otherwise, the typical great dinning a Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationKimmyDined on 8/1/2014The food was amazing!! Service was impeccable, great place for a birthday celebration!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Never DisappointsSunDevilOCDined on 7/26/2014Great food all around steaks, apps, salads and deserts. It's not cheap but well worth it when you want to treat yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in OCTHEbossVIPDined on 7/25/2014Mortons rocks over all steakhouse. Best service, good people and a fun vibe. The cajun ribeye is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More attentionBillytheKidDined on 7/25/2014Some items ordered took too long to get to the table.Special Features: