Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana
1641 W. Sunflower Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92704Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (714) 444-4834
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Dining Room:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Santa Ana hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/santaana
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana - Best Restaurants in Santa Ana ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)romantic (65)notable wine list (48)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (41)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (11)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- mtt789VIPDined on 11/22/2014I went on a Saturday evening to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. They made the effort to make it special for her, greeting her with birthday wishes. The complimentary dessert and photo was a nice touch. I had the Filet Mignon, while my girlfriend had the salmon dinner. A very good place to celebrate a special occasion and outstanding service all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014My date with my husband was great at Morton's. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the service was great and quick too. The food was very good except I wished that my steak would be more juicy. I asked for medium well but it was dry. Otherwise everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2014I have been going to Mortons for years and always the food and service was consistent but since the Laurarys has taken over the food quality and flavor has been going down. This last visit was a disappointment the steaks were no way near the quality they used to be.
- Great place to celebrate special occasion!YoginisamDined on 11/19/2014They take your photograph and customize the menu heading to your special event. Very classy and a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey !!!!TravelerDined on 11/19/2014Mortons is too pricey for the average person. It is more of a very special occasion or business client type restaurant. Being retired I could not make this a " lets go out to eat restaurant".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner2SistersDined on 11/16/2014We took my sister and her husband for their 36th anniversary. Our anniversary was also coming in a few months, so we decided to celebrate the two together. The food was great, the server was excellent and the overall experience was so enjoyable. Also there were a few surprises. Complimentary dessert and photo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good meal with some suspectsthedinerDined on 11/16/2014The birthday meal for 5 was very good. The Steak was great, the sides were very good. The mushroom broccoli was not what I expected and I love broccoli Two problems the snails had sand in them and a dinner said the shrimp with stuffed crab-meat was "metallic". So I advise you go to the steakhouse to have steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager lacking customer service skillsAndrewhookeyDined on 11/15/2014Bald manager in gray suit does not know how to treat his customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Fleming's Instead!DaisyGirlDined on 11/15/2014Third time in a row our steaks were very under-cooked, yet burned on the underside. The lobster lacked flavor. The chopped spinach salad was good, as was the extensive wine list. The staff was more friendly than previous visits, so I believe they have been working on customer service. However, with only 2 cooks on a busy Saturday night, and a server that continually apologized for the delay, they still have a LONG way to go to be playing on the same level as similar restaurants in the area. Management was quick in addressing our disappointment, however, more effort needs to be put into quality control in the kitchen before the food reaches the table.
- Good for pre-theaterBlubockDined on 11/15/2014We had a good early (5:30) dinner before Pippin at Segerstrom Hall. Service & food were good. Chopped house salad, crab cakes & New York steak to share were all delicious. The onion bread is a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations - No ProblemAnon1115Dined on 11/15/2014Open Table provided an excellent opoprtunity to dine at one of the best steak houses in O.C. We opted for early dining and did not incur any problems with this arrangement. I would definitely use this service again for Morton's Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/14/2014From start to finish it was very good. Great service, wonderful recommendations and food was amazing. Highly recommend the cream spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early Friday night dinnerSteveVIPDined on 11/14/2014We have been here a number of times and the food and service were great. Our server, Laura was funny and professional. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2014Good food and service. Also enjoyed the nice free dessert we recieved for our wedding anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HotsyMikeHotsyMikeDined on 11/8/2014Bravo!!! It has been a while since we have eaten here. It used to be a regular spot, but new high end steak houses have opened and Morton's got pushed off. Well, I am here to say, the food and service Saturday night was classic Morton's. Great wait staff, friendly hostess, and the food was off the charts. I am once again a Morton's regular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Our waitress forgot to put in my order for my dessert and coffee, after dinner, She insisted while I was ordering dinner to make my choice for dessert, she said it takes the kitchen 20 minutes to make it, I did as she asked. We sat more than 20 minutes after dinner waiting. With out apologizing she said sometimes the kitchen runs behind, she brought our check and than a cup of coffee, which I did not touch. Unbelievable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014the apple crisp is not the same and the apple pie with golden raisins was the best desert. The apple crisp is just mush.Special Features:
- Great food!foodieDined on 10/25/2014We just celebrated our anniversary here again, and as usual, the food was delicious... If you're in the mood for dessert, don't forget their decadent chocolate cake or try their keylime pie. Delish!Special Features:
- 21st bdayPandaDined on 10/25/2014Food was delicious.staff was very friendly and attentive, however, our appetizer was forgotten. But at least we weren't charged for it.Special Features:
- Good-not greatDiningduoVIPDined on 10/25/2014We have not been to Mortons for a long time and now I remember why-very noisy. It's really hard to enjoy a nice steak dinner when you have to talk that loud to the people at your table. Food was good but not great. Service was pretty good. Mashed cauliflower side dish was pretty good. Steaks were fine. Lobster a bit undercooked. It's a popular place and was quite crowded. Lots of kids too. They did provide a nice dessert for us as we were celebrating my son's engagement. Nice touch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CompcatDined on 10/24/2014I had the Filet and Lobster special and my friend had the Mixed Grill with Filet and shrimp and scallops. We were both disappointed in the filets (6 oz.) which were only an inch thick and chewy and looked like Sizzler steaks. We expected "melt in your mouth" filets. The seafood was good but not great. The sauteed Wild Mushrooms and the Chopped Spinach salad were great and the best part of the meal aside from the lava cake. The service was great but not so great that we would go again anytime soon.
- it was disappointingMargieDined on 10/21/2014This was a business luncheon with an important client. Silverware was missing, we had to ask for a fork and teaspoon for coffee for 1 of the guests. The steak for 1 person was ordered medium rare and came back well done!!! It took a long time to get the replacement. One of the desserts was going to take a half hour to prepare so something else was chosen. On a good note, the creme brulee was some of the best I've ever had. I ordered the jumbo shrimp and scallops, only received 2 of each for $29.00. Not acceptable. I would never take an important business client back there. I'm going somewhere else next week.
- Morton never dissapoints!559FoodieDined on 10/18/2014I initially made reservations for 3 persons the day before, then the day of, had to change it to 5. They graciously accommodated them. We were 5 minutes late, but I had previously called ahead of time to let them know. When we got there, after waiting to be seated 5-10 minutes, we were informed that the next available table would be for us. It seemed like someone had given it away, since we were not there on time, even though I had called them earlier to let them know. The Maître D was very apologetic and directed us to the bar, were she took care of our tab. After about 30 more minutes, we were finally seated and enjoyed another outstanding Morton's dinner. Even with the unexpected wait, they always knows how to please the customer!Special Features:
- Not happy with the experiencefoodie888Dined on 10/18/2014I was not happy with the experience. I took my friend here for his birthday. We were nicely greeted but when we sat down the menu said "Happy Birthday, Marty". My friend's signature cut prime new york strip steak was undercook. The server brought it back in and when it came back out half of it was overcooked and half was medium. Although the server tried his best to provide good service as well as the manager for the night. The overall experience was unpleasant. I am really disappointed. It was a complete 180 from my experience here back in January.Special Features:
- steakAbc123Dined on 10/18/2014On many occasions, the steak tends to be overcooked on the top and bottom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- giljohDined on 10/16/2014Have gone often, never disappointed. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Great service, friendly and helpful servers and delicious food, Simply excellent!Special Features:
- Treat for your mouthSoldDined on 10/10/2014I took my husband out for our anniversary to Morton's for the first time. All I can really say is that it was incredible. The service, the food, the ambiance, all worth the cost. This place is pricey, so probably a special occasion sort of place. But if you can afford this place more often then definitey go. I loved it and my husband loved it. Thanks MORTON's TeresaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance & ExcellenceBruceandDebiDined on 10/4/2014This was our 1st time to Morton's. We loved all of the personalization and attention to detail. The entire staff made the experience extra special for us. I think we have found a new place for us to celebrate our special moments!!! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time2LuvBirdsDined on 10/3/2014Our server Oscar was awesome. Made us feel comfortable as soon as we got seated. The steak and salmon were made to perfection. The desserts sealed the deal. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014If you are debating whether you should patronize this institution, save yourself the anguish--just do it. The superlatives I could use to describe the food, the wine and the service would read like a thesaurus of what it means to have a wonderful steak dinner. Yes the price may be cost prohibitive for a weekly night out, but you definitely get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Morton's: Simply the BestPhilDined on 9/27/2014Morton's is my favorite simply because they ALWAYS come through with the best overall experience. Expensive, yes of course, but you get what you pay for. A winner every time.Special Features:
- CachitaCachitaDined on 9/27/2014It was, again, a marvelous experience. From the cordial greeting, to our server's friendly and knowledgeable suggestions, and of course, the glorious food. The lamb chops are out of sight! One of the best parts of our evening was the fact that the noise level was moderate, thus allowing conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Great StaffDietitianVIPDined on 9/25/2014Morton's maintains high standards and we always enjoy dining there. The Lobster Bisque is so good and of course the steaks are the best and prepared to the precise rare, medium or well state that you order. Extensive wine list is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingLietoDined on 9/24/2014Took my wife here for her birthday, wanting to take her somewhere special. The place is nice, but for the price charged, the food was bit underwhelming. To be fair, we both ordered seafood, not steaks, which admittedly is their specialty. However, the seafood is as expensive. My wife ordered the lobster tail, which was good but a bit small for $50.00. I ordered one of the specials that night - prosciutto-wrapped halibut, which was dry. The $12.00 asparagus was limp, the $12.00 broccoli OK. I also recall from visits to other Morton's that the server would bring a tray that showcased the various cuts of meet and seafood. seeing the raw cuts often led to upsells, so I am surprised they didn't do it here.
- NOISEBearVIPDined on 9/24/2014I will never go back !! noise from the bar we could not here !!! there is no wall from the dining room and the bar !! VERY BAD LAST TIME I GO THERE AND PAY TO HERE THAT NOISE !!!! Am going back to Mastro's
- IMPRESSIVEMsSparrowDined on 9/21/2014This was my first visit to Morton's The Steakhouse, and the experience went above & beyond my expectations. Many friends have told me how fabulous the food is, but what they didn't tell me is how fabulous the restaurant is! It is very beautiful & romantic! Our dinner was before a Yanni concert at Segerstrom Center for the Arts, nearby, and the server asked right away if we had after-dinner plans. He guaranteed we would have plenty of time...and he didn't disappoint. The Maitre d' came to our table twice, to make sure all our needs were met. What a gem of a restaurant!! Service was exceptional...food was superb...perfect evening!! My only disappointment, I hadn't gone sooner to enjoy this stellar establishment!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014When it's time to get a great steak Mortons delivers. The food and service were/are great, and every time I go I come away satisfied. Only obstacle is the price. $69 for a bone in filet is kinda ridiculous, but $12 for a potatoe is definitely dumb. Which is why Mortons will only be a rare special treat, and not a more frequently visited experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We recently had the pleasure of dining at Mortons in Santa Ana The girls at the desk all greeted us with a friendly good evening Then we were greeted with a Happy Anniversary by the same ladies at the desk,the girl who sat us and our waiter How nice was that Our waiter Josh was very nice and helped us with menu items and wine selection The area was very quiet and my wife and i were able to talk to each other and enjoy our drinks together A picture was taken of us together by a lovely lady and put into a frame with Happy anniversary written next to it My wife loved it Our meal was perfect and we had such a wonderful time Thank you to all at Mortons for a lovely evening Mr & Mrs RSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsPan2FVIPDined on 9/16/2014Experience at the restaurant was 5 Star. We had Duke as our server who made excellent recommendations, treated us like we were regulars. We enjoyed the scallops/shrimp with bacon & the tuna tower, both excellent appetizers. I had the warm steak salad for lunch, excellent & generous, the filet mignon was perfectly seasoned and exquisite. My guest enjoyed the Chilean Sea bass special along with sautéed mushrooms, We finished our lunch with a slice of their cheesecake. The ambiance is perfect for a business meeting, classy and impressive yet not stuffy, especially if your fortunate to be served by Duke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.