Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana
1641 W. Sunflower Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92704Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 7144444834
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Dining Room:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Santa Ana hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/santaana
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana - Best Restaurants in Santa Ana ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Santa Ana reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)romantic (63)notable wine list (48)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (36)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (13)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great food!foodieDined on 10/25/2014We just celebrated our anniversary here again, and as usual, the food was delicious... If you're in the mood for dessert, don't forget their decadent chocolate cake or try their keylime pie. Delish!Special Features:
- 21st bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Food was delicious.staff was very friendly and attentive, however, our appetizer was forgotten. But at least we weren't charged for it.Special Features:
- Good-not greatDiningduoVIPDined on 10/25/2014We have not been to Mortons for a long time and now I remember why-very noisy. It's really hard to enjoy a nice steak dinner when you have to talk that loud to the people at your table. Food was good but not great. Service was pretty good. Mashed cauliflower side dish was pretty good. Steaks were fine. Lobster a bit undercooked. It's a popular place and was quite crowded. Lots of kids too. They did provide a nice dessert for us as we were celebrating my son's engagement. Nice touch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was disappointingMargieDined on 10/21/2014This was a business luncheon with an important client. Silverware was missing, we had to ask for a fork and teaspoon for coffee for 1 of the guests. The steak for 1 person was ordered medium rare and came back well done!!! It took a long time to get the replacement. One of the desserts was going to take a half hour to prepare so something else was chosen. On a good note, the creme brulee was some of the best I've ever had. I ordered the jumbo shrimp and scallops, only received 2 of each for $29.00. Not acceptable. I would never take an important business client back there. I'm going somewhere else next week.
- Morton never dissapoints!559FoodieDined on 10/18/2014I initially made reservations for 3 persons the day before, then the day of, had to change it to 5. They graciously accommodated them. We were 5 minutes late, but I had previously called ahead of time to let them know. When we got there, after waiting to be seated 5-10 minutes, we were informed that the next available table would be for us. It seemed like someone had given it away, since we were not there on time, even though I had called them earlier to let them know. The Maître D was very apologetic and directed us to the bar, were she took care of our tab. After about 30 more minutes, we were finally seated and enjoyed another outstanding Morton's dinner. Even with the unexpected wait, they always knows how to please the customer!Special Features:
- Not happy with the experiencefoodie888Dined on 10/18/2014I was not happy with the experience. I took my friend here for his birthday. We were nicely greeted but when we sat down the menu said "Happy Birthday, Marty". My friend's signature cut prime new york strip steak was undercook. The server brought it back in and when it came back out half of it was overcooked and half was medium. Although the server tried his best to provide good service as well as the manager for the night. The overall experience was unpleasant. I am really disappointed. It was a complete 180 from my experience here back in January.Special Features:
- steakAbc123Dined on 10/18/2014On many occasions, the steak tends to be overcooked on the top and bottom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- giljohDined on 10/16/2014Have gone often, never disappointed. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Great service, friendly and helpful servers and delicious food, Simply excellent!Special Features:
- Treat for your mouthSoldDined on 10/10/2014I took my husband out for our anniversary to Morton's for the first time. All I can really say is that it was incredible. The service, the food, the ambiance, all worth the cost. This place is pricey, so probably a special occasion sort of place. But if you can afford this place more often then definitey go. I loved it and my husband loved it. Thanks MORTON's TeresaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance & ExcellenceBruceandDebiDined on 10/4/2014This was our 1st time to Morton's. We loved all of the personalization and attention to detail. The entire staff made the experience extra special for us. I think we have found a new place for us to celebrate our special moments!!! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time2LuvBirdsDined on 10/3/2014Our server Oscar was awesome. Made us feel comfortable as soon as we got seated. The steak and salmon were made to perfection. The desserts sealed the deal. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014If you are debating whether you should patronize this institution, save yourself the anguish--just do it. The superlatives I could use to describe the food, the wine and the service would read like a thesaurus of what it means to have a wonderful steak dinner. Yes the price may be cost prohibitive for a weekly night out, but you definitely get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Morton's: Simply the BestPhilDined on 9/27/2014Morton's is my favorite simply because they ALWAYS come through with the best overall experience. Expensive, yes of course, but you get what you pay for. A winner every time.Special Features:
- CachitaCachitaDined on 9/27/2014It was, again, a marvelous experience. From the cordial greeting, to our server's friendly and knowledgeable suggestions, and of course, the glorious food. The lamb chops are out of sight! One of the best parts of our evening was the fact that the noise level was moderate, thus allowing conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Great StaffDietitianVIPDined on 9/25/2014Morton's maintains high standards and we always enjoy dining there. The Lobster Bisque is so good and of course the steaks are the best and prepared to the precise rare, medium or well state that you order. Extensive wine list is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingLietoDined on 9/24/2014Took my wife here for her birthday, wanting to take her somewhere special. The place is nice, but for the price charged, the food was bit underwhelming. To be fair, we both ordered seafood, not steaks, which admittedly is their specialty. However, the seafood is as expensive. My wife ordered the lobster tail, which was good but a bit small for $50.00. I ordered one of the specials that night - prosciutto-wrapped halibut, which was dry. The $12.00 asparagus was limp, the $12.00 broccoli OK. I also recall from visits to other Morton's that the server would bring a tray that showcased the various cuts of meet and seafood. seeing the raw cuts often led to upsells, so I am surprised they didn't do it here.
- NOISEBearVIPDined on 9/24/2014I will never go back !! noise from the bar we could not here !!! there is no wall from the dining room and the bar !! VERY BAD LAST TIME I GO THERE AND PAY TO HERE THAT NOISE !!!! Am going back to Mastro's
- IMPRESSIVEMsSparrowDined on 9/21/2014This was my first visit to Morton's The Steakhouse, and the experience went above & beyond my expectations. Many friends have told me how fabulous the food is, but what they didn't tell me is how fabulous the restaurant is! It is very beautiful & romantic! Our dinner was before a Yanni concert at Segerstrom Center for the Arts, nearby, and the server asked right away if we had after-dinner plans. He guaranteed we would have plenty of time...and he didn't disappoint. The Maitre d' came to our table twice, to make sure all our needs were met. What a gem of a restaurant!! Service was exceptional...food was superb...perfect evening!! My only disappointment, I hadn't gone sooner to enjoy this stellar establishment!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014When it's time to get a great steak Mortons delivers. The food and service were/are great, and every time I go I come away satisfied. Only obstacle is the price. $69 for a bone in filet is kinda ridiculous, but $12 for a potatoe is definitely dumb. Which is why Mortons will only be a rare special treat, and not a more frequently visited experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We recently had the pleasure of dining at Mortons in Santa Ana The girls at the desk all greeted us with a friendly good evening Then we were greeted with a Happy Anniversary by the same ladies at the desk,the girl who sat us and our waiter How nice was that Our waiter Josh was very nice and helped us with menu items and wine selection The area was very quiet and my wife and i were able to talk to each other and enjoy our drinks together A picture was taken of us together by a lovely lady and put into a frame with Happy anniversary written next to it My wife loved it Our meal was perfect and we had such a wonderful time Thank you to all at Mortons for a lovely evening Mr & Mrs RSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsPan2FVIPDined on 9/16/2014Experience at the restaurant was 5 Star. We had Duke as our server who made excellent recommendations, treated us like we were regulars. We enjoyed the scallops/shrimp with bacon & the tuna tower, both excellent appetizers. I had the warm steak salad for lunch, excellent & generous, the filet mignon was perfectly seasoned and exquisite. My guest enjoyed the Chilean Sea bass special along with sautéed mushrooms, We finished our lunch with a slice of their cheesecake. The ambiance is perfect for a business meeting, classy and impressive yet not stuffy, especially if your fortunate to be served by Duke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Not up to parLovettDined on 9/13/2014Morton's just not the same as it once was, service was great but the steak was not what I expect from Morton's. Maybe new ownership or maybe a bad cut of meat.
- The best steak... alwaysgrumpyflyVIPDined on 9/13/2014I was recently in Omaha for business and had steak on two occasions (hearing that Omaha is known for steaks). They were good, but nothing like Morton's.
- GrammyGrammyDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I took our adult grandchildren out for dinner to catch up on their lives. Take 'em out to eat and you can find out a lot of info! Morton's is a great place to go. Delicious food, great ambiance, good service.....just perfect! I recommend it to all grandparents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Santa AnaLuvsteakDined on 9/5/2014I took my daughter-in-law to Morton's to celebrate her birthday because Morton's never fails to deliver... Thank you once again Morton's for making this another unforgettable experience... Great steak, great service, and great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBellaDined on 9/5/2014Everything we ordered was delicious. The atmosphere was very nice and we were greeted very nicely as we walked into the restaurant. I have always recommended this restaurant to others. I have yet to have been disappointed.Special Features:
- LonewolfLonewolfDined on 9/5/2014Service and food were superb. Serving sizes were large and very well prepared. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and were served a delectable complimentary dessert. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its touch?JustBobVIPDined on 9/4/2014Two visits for dinner in a week. Business meals., party of 4 each time. Food was way off. Filets ( total of 6 ordered of the 8 meals) were chewy ... Grade choice at best. Signature salad tasted like a watered down blue cheese. Tasteless salad. Too much salt on the steaks.
- Wonderful!ChrickyDined on 9/3/2014We had a great experience at Morton's. As always, there were mixed reviews, but we went for it and were glad we did. The service was great, food was spectacular. We'll go back without a doubt!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014After we were seated we waited for almost twenty minutes before being approached by our server. This was especially surprising since the restaurant was almost empty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The bread that was served to us was not warm and very dry and over-baked, unlike the steamingly warm one that we are accustomed to. Also, the bread seems to become smaller in size and with less dried onions with our each visit, kinda disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent servicevalnkaeDined on 8/31/2014Hostess greeted us warmly and asked if we wished to be seated as we were a few minutes early. Our server, Tina, was very warm, friendly and knowledgeable about items on the menu. The food was very good, but expensive, so this would be a special occasion dining place for us. A nice touch was the menu had the person's name with Happy Birthday printed on the top of the paper menu. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Yummy as usual!foodieDined on 8/30/2014Food was great as usual. Had the filet mignon, side of mushrooms, and the mac & cheese....heavenly!Special Features:
- wonderful dining!MikeDined on 8/28/2014Dinner was fabulous; service exceptional (but how many times did we have to assure staff everything was fine? at least 3 different people came by asking)..... I would absolutely recommend this restaurant - but OH my, was it a noisy bar - we were seated far enough away that it was ok but VERY lively. Weird music playing in background; seemed to be multiple songs - just slightly irritating. (traffic was HORRIFIC; thankfully, anticipating we would be late -- and we were) I called the restaurant letting them know. They were VERY gracious about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy but goodsunshinegrlDined on 8/26/2014Recently ate here for our anniversary, but because we chose to eat off the Summer Finale menu, they didn't give us a complimentary dessert, which they had told us they'd give us when we first got there. That was very disappointing and I think they should have stated that upfront. The steaks were good, cooked to our specifications. The sides are disappointing though. The best thing they offer is the Grand Marnier Souffle. It's heavenly. The rest of the menu, especially the sides, you can get elsewhere for a better price and probably better taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014My husband and I celebrated our 17th anniversary there. Everyone was very nice and congratulated us. They printed our menu's that said happy 17th anniversary and they took our picture then framed it! The food was wonderful and the service and the attention from the staff was great! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014We've come to this Morton's a few times, and this was probably one of the most notable occasions. We came to celebrate my daughter's birthday, and our server, Pat, made it absolutely fantastic. The food was amazing, as always. Our filets and sea bass were cooked and seasoned to perfection, but a few notable items that people might miss: lyonnaise potatoes, baked escargot, and the lemon/grand marnier souffle! You must get the souffle if you come here, and make sure that you order it ahead of time, as it takes about 20-30 minutes to bake! The staff at Morton's are always so friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. To top off the night, they got a picture of our entire family, printed it, and gave us something to remember our experience by!Special Features:
- Special TreatmentjmgoldilocksDined on 8/23/2014We've always loved Morton's for the great steaks, excellent vegetable sides, perfect and FRIENDLY service and comfortable atmosphere. Last week, we celebrated a birthday at Morton's Santa Ana and found they even raise the bar for your special occasion! We were given menus with our birthday celebrants name, they took a photo of our group and gave us several copies in personalized paper frames, and delish lemon soufflé with a candle. These special touches were in addition to their typical lovely welcome (not just courteous--WARM!) prompt professional table service, yummy steaks, crisp salads, a great variety of well-prepared sides, and XXX desserts. Also, take your vegetarians and vegans there to wow them with their veggie plate!!Special Features:
- Scotay72Dined on 8/23/2014The food and service was exceptional. Upon arrival, we were seated in a booth directly in front of the kitchen. Within minutes, we requested a change of table because of the noise level from that area. Our request was quickly granted and we moved to a less noisy spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.