Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan
1 Calle San Geronimo Grounds
San Juan, PR 00901Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 7879776262
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Bar opens daily at 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Private Party Facilities: Morton's - San Juan offers 2 private Morton's Board Rooms seating from 10 to 35 guests each & combined up to 75 guests.
- Private Party Contact: The Sales & Marketing Manager 7879776262
- Special Events: Morton's in San Juan hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanjuan
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan - Best Restaurants in San Juan ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)notable wine list (38)scenic view (36)romantic (34)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- cocoandmaminaDined on 10/10/2014We arrive right on time. The menu's header got our names and the special occasion (Anniversary), too. Service was great, as well as, the food and wine's list. Although it is a pricey restaurant, we know we're going to have an excellent late-night meal out. I can not wait 'til next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentlly GreatGeneKDined on 10/10/2014Morton's San juan continues to maintain its excellent service level as well as the fine dining choices. Consistenly dependable to enjoy a great choice of wines and foods to go along.Special Features:
- 35th AnniversaryTheRealMcCoy7Dined on 10/6/2014This year our anniversary was on a Monday and we wanted to do something special that day . We choose Morton's since it is one of our favorites .My husband is a steak lover! Reservations were made via Open Table in internet. All turned out perfect starting with the scargotts, the wine and to seal the deal lemon soufflé . Details such as the menu with our 35th anniversary mention, the photo souvenir not to mention the servers, etc. Good, attentive service but at the same time allowing private conversation, etc. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014The attention that is given was outstanding. We were celebrating our anniversary and multiple people mentioned it and were so friendly. We received personalized menus, a photo memento and a complimentary dessert to cap off the evening. Not to mention the great food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014GREAT ATTENTION TO DETAILS! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND YOUR ATTENTION TO DETAILS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectjoellopezDined on 9/4/2014We requested a table near the windows that wasn't reserved, we order wine but I have to serve it myself and we had to send back the food because wasn't as we requested. Take in consideration special requests and don't ignore them, we understand not all can be accommodated but we saw a few customers randomly taking the windows tables we requested, we would love to have our wine served instead of doing it by myself it just speak about your attention to detailsSpecial Features:
- Outstanding placeJC51Dined on 9/3/2014Great place, food and service. It is one of my favorite places for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feliz cumpleaños!CristinanicoleDined on 9/2/2014Sumamente agradecida del excelente servicio que recibimos en Morton's de San Juan. Fuimos para la celebración del cumpleaños de mi esposo, desde que entramos recibió felicitaciones de parte de todo el equipo de trabajo, tuvimos un menú personalizado y el detalle de una foto de recuerdo! El restaurante cuenta con una extensa y variada selección de vinos y un Sommelier de primera. La opción ideal para una celebración especialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- after dinneralbrieVIPDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I just arrived in PR to find our hotel had a Mortons attached. We went for some drinks and dessert. We absolutely loved the cheesecake but the drinks were a little slacking. I couldn't drink the espresso martini and was a little disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElmerDined on 8/29/2014Great atmosphere. Tasty food., clean andgreat service, it was my birthday.Special Features:
- Morton's at its finest!JimbobeattyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Simply the best steak in town! The best service, ambiance and food. A night at Morton's is a night to remember!Special Features:
- mloverDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. Perfect location too.Special Features:
- Great experienceSpecbetDined on 8/21/2014We had a great experience dining there for our 2nd anniversary. We noted it was our anniversary when making the reservations and the staff made sure to help us in celebrating. They printed menus with our names and anniversary and gave us a picture to help remember our wonderful night there. The food was also amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food slow serviceJadaDined on 8/17/2014Great restaurant been to many in different states the service for this one was very slow. Had to wait 15 mins just to get a glass of water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you want a perfect mealYelospasjDined on 8/16/2014Ag mortons steak house you know you will always have a great meal! Starting with a fine dinning service and the best steak in the house! What you expect is usually exceded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and menuLuna57Dined on 8/15/2014We felt we wait too long between first entree and main dish (30 minutes). Menu changed and we did not know, as we expected some kind/cuts of meats that they do not serve anymore (Prime Rib). Besides that, everything was ok.Special Features:
- My sister's Birthday at Morton'sHappyvetteDined on 8/14/2014Our Server handed us the menu and the very first line was a personalized HB message for my sister. That was a nice touch and very classy. Food was superb; everything ordered, from appetizer to dessert. The filet mignon seemed to be the popular choice of the night; tender, juicy and done to perfection. Everyone that serviced us was very good and pleasing. Our overall experience was great and we will, definitely be back...again. No wine next time, though. Wine and exotic beverages prices are way to high.Special Features:
- Never DissapointsCarmenDined on 8/13/2014This is where we go every time we crave for a good steak. The meat was cooked to perfection and the side dishes great. Service was quick and courteous. The only complaint we have is that we ordered our usual cut cooked as we usually request it,but the waiter told us that it couldn't be done like that because due to the size of the cut it would take a long time to be ready. It surprised us, since this is the 1st time we are told this. Nevertheless, we ordered another cut and it was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceSt8kluverDined on 8/12/2014I've eaten at Morton's in New York and it was great to know Morton's maintains their high quality and standards no matter where the venue. The service was terrific. Our waiter was knowledgable and attentive without being annoying. My porterhouse was perfectly prepared to my liking. My children both had the filet mignon and loved them while my wife totally enjoyed her surf and turf. We loved the creamed corn, creamed spinach and both the baked and au gratin potatoes. The creme brulee and chocolate lava cake were delicious. Even my mixed drink was made perfectly. I've eaten at Peter Lugers, Ruth's Chris and Spark's among other steakhouses but Morton's is by far my favorite. It's not cheap but nothing great in life worth enjoying is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinneranajDined on 8/9/2014We have a wonderful time!!!...............................................................................................Special Features:
- Another POOR experienceMaybonesVIPDined on 8/9/2014Put us in the corner, since we were young and not local. Terrible food; Don't go here. We went twice, EMPTY Both times and now I know why. Run from this place
- New Server.....MiToSDined on 8/8/2014The food as always was great, but the server was new; and seemed lost or unwilling to provide the service for an establishment. To cap it of, as soon as he finally brought the desserts he dropped the check at the same time, as if it was a cafeteria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EscalcolDined on 8/7/2014everytime we go it is a wobderful experiene to remember and recomendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Manager lackingMaybonesVIPDined on 8/6/2014Food was decent but not up to par on expected service and manager wasn't friendly.
- Good FoodkevinprDined on 7/31/2014Didn't blow me away, but good. Expensive. Beautiful views from the dining room.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014My girlfriend loved everything about the place. Was pleased with the food. Mine did not taste as I expected. Still, the steak was extremely tender, just no flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthdayramon718Dined on 7/18/2014I took myself and my sister to Puerto Rico for my 49th Birthday. On the day in question i made reservations for dinner here. I have been to Morton in Hawaii on a prior birthday so i was familiar with the restaurant . I was so surprised to see that they had personalized the menu with my name on it and Happy birthday Tony. The steak was excellent and to top it off i got a personalized lava cake with a candle on it. This was truly a great birthday for me which i will always remember. The only thing i regret was that on the flight home i found out my sister did not leave an appropriate tip for the waiter. She has no experience with fine dining and I should have left the tip since i paid for the dinner.Special Features:
- ImpecableCargustoVIPDined on 7/11/2014Service by my waiter Luis was impecable. My Ribeye was cooked to perfection. You can never go wrong with Morton's.Special Features:
- DissapointmentAnnieVIPDined on 7/6/2014We went to celebrate. Mortons Anniversary. The. Quality of the food w as dissapointing. The mashed potatoes tasted like. Glue, The broccoli w as from frozen packages, a ripp off.cSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFoodieDined on 7/6/2014We got stuck by 2 tables with kids so we couldn't enjoy ourself. The manager did ask us if we wanted to move. But they knew it was our anniversary so maybe they should have put then somewhere else. Also for that type of restaurant we felt rushed. Maybe because we ordered their 35 special but it still shouldn't have mattered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wait staff needs more passionFoodiepr29Dined on 7/5/2014Everything was great but the person who served me during my visit was not into those important details that a good fine dining experience requires. I would still come back despite that.Special Features:
- globalfoodieglobalfoodieDined on 7/4/2014The 35th year anniversary menu is a superb value. Food is consistently good.Special Features:
- Marvelous Morton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Morton's in San Juan offers an awesome dining experience with scenic views of the ocean. The food was great and the ambience was wonderful. You won't be disappointed should you decide to dine there for dinner. Bon appetite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's best steak ALWAYSFla2014Dined on 6/27/2014The service was impeccable, the personalized menus with my daughters name and happy birthday wishes is a very nice touch as well as the souvenir picture, they sure make any special occasion feel really special. The PRIME melt-in-your-mouth steaks were cooked to perfection and the legendary hot chocolate cake is worth every calorie SOOOOOO GOOD I have dine at several Morton's locations over the years and the food quality is always consistent as well as the outstanding service,you always know what to expect and never leave disappointed, definitely worth every penny.Special Features:
- Great TimeMiToSDined on 6/27/2014On the busiest night of the year so far, they managed to give us great service and give my child great memories of the surprise birthday dinner!Special Features:
- perfectionluvgreatserviceDined on 6/27/2014Service was impeccable. Food was scrumptious. Very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard Morton's & disappointingKitsuDined on 6/27/2014PRO: Morton's has great food, no doubt about that. You walk in and you know the name, you know the quality. PRO: Located on the beach, you've got a great view. CON: IF you've got a large group (so they know that you'll be throwing down the big bucks), you get that great window seat. CON: Service seemed rather slow, despite there being only a few other customers when we arrived. OVERALL: If you've got a special occasion, maybe go for it. If not, go out & explore some of the local cuisine. You can get the same quality steak with better service at a mainland U.S. Morton's.Special Features:
- The following 352 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan reviews archive.
- Amazing NightSassyasontaeDined on 5/31/2014Everything was amazing, except the fact that I made it clear that it was a friends birthday and no one accommodated that! I listed it on the reservation and told the server, he said he would take care of it but never did. Everything else was great. I ordered the Cajun ribeye and he ordered the filet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014It is a tradition to celebrate our anniversary in one of the many Morton's location. San Juan's location has been so far the best experience, beating the one in Coral Gables and Brickel, both in Miami, Florida. The service was amazing, the managers and their staff were very attentive and courteous, and the food exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tit17OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Very good! For Romantic or special ocassion. Hight recommended for anniversariesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.