Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan
1 Calle San Geronimo Grounds
San Juan, PR 00901Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 7879776262
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Bar opens daily at 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Private Party Facilities: Morton's - San Juan offers 2 private Morton's Board Rooms seating from 10 to 35 guests each & combined up to 75 guests.
- Private Party Contact: The Sales & Marketing Manager 7879776262
- Special Events: Morton's in San Juan hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanjuan
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan - Best Restaurants in San Juan ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)notable wine list (40)scenic view (38)romantic (38)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great atmosphere. Tasty food., clean andgreat service, it was my birthday.Special Features:
- Morton's at its finest!JimbobeattyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Simply the best steak in town! The best service, ambiance and food. A night at Morton's is a night to remember!Special Features:
- mloverDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. Perfect location too.Special Features:
- Great experienceSpecbetDined on 8/21/2014We had a great experience dining there for our 2nd anniversary. We noted it was our anniversary when making the reservations and the staff made sure to help us in celebrating. They printed menus with our names and anniversary and gave us a picture to help remember our wonderful night there. The food was also amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food slow serviceJadaDined on 8/17/2014Great restaurant been to many in different states the service for this one was very slow. Had to wait 15 mins just to get a glass of water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you want a perfect mealYelospasjDined on 8/16/2014Ag mortons steak house you know you will always have a great meal! Starting with a fine dinning service and the best steak in the house! What you expect is usually exceded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and menuLuna57Dined on 8/15/2014We felt we wait too long between first entree and main dish (30 minutes). Menu changed and we did not know, as we expected some kind/cuts of meats that they do not serve anymore (Prime Rib). Besides that, everything was ok.Special Features:
- My sister's Birthday at Morton'sHappyvetteDined on 8/14/2014Our Server handed us the menu and the very first line was a personalized HB message for my sister. That was a nice touch and very classy. Food was superb; everything ordered, from appetizer to dessert. The filet mignon seemed to be the popular choice of the night; tender, juicy and done to perfection. Everyone that serviced us was very good and pleasing. Our overall experience was great and we will, definitely be back...again. No wine next time, though. Wine and exotic beverages prices are way to high.Special Features:
- Never DissapointsCarmenDined on 8/13/2014This is where we go every time we crave for a good steak. The meat was cooked to perfection and the side dishes great. Service was quick and courteous. The only complaint we have is that we ordered our usual cut cooked as we usually request it,but the waiter told us that it couldn't be done like that because due to the size of the cut it would take a long time to be ready. It surprised us, since this is the 1st time we are told this. Nevertheless, we ordered another cut and it was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceSt8kluverDined on 8/12/2014I've eaten at Morton's in New York and it was great to know Morton's maintains their high quality and standards no matter where the venue. The service was terrific. Our waiter was knowledgable and attentive without being annoying. My porterhouse was perfectly prepared to my liking. My children both had the filet mignon and loved them while my wife totally enjoyed her surf and turf. We loved the creamed corn, creamed spinach and both the baked and au gratin potatoes. The creme brulee and chocolate lava cake were delicious. Even my mixed drink was made perfectly. I've eaten at Peter Lugers, Ruth's Chris and Spark's among other steakhouses but Morton's is by far my favorite. It's not cheap but nothing great in life worth enjoying is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinneranajDined on 8/9/2014We have a wonderful time!!!...............................................................................................Special Features:
- New Server.....MiToSDined on 8/8/2014The food as always was great, but the server was new; and seemed lost or unwilling to provide the service for an establishment. To cap it of, as soon as he finally brought the desserts he dropped the check at the same time, as if it was a cafeteria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EscalcolDined on 8/7/2014everytime we go it is a wobderful experiene to remember and recomendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Manager lackingMaybonesVIPDined on 8/6/2014Food was decent but not up to par on expected service and manager wasn't friendly.
- Good FoodkevinprDined on 7/31/2014Didn't blow me away, but good. Expensive. Beautiful views from the dining room.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014My girlfriend loved everything about the place. Was pleased with the food. Mine did not taste as I expected. Still, the steak was extremely tender, just no flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthdayramon718Dined on 7/18/2014I took myself and my sister to Puerto Rico for my 49th Birthday. On the day in question i made reservations for dinner here. I have been to Morton in Hawaii on a prior birthday so i was familiar with the restaurant . I was so surprised to see that they had personalized the menu with my name on it and Happy birthday Tony. The steak was excellent and to top it off i got a personalized lava cake with a candle on it. This was truly a great birthday for me which i will always remember. The only thing i regret was that on the flight home i found out my sister did not leave an appropriate tip for the waiter. She has no experience with fine dining and I should have left the tip since i paid for the dinner.Special Features:
- ImpecableCargustoDined on 7/11/2014Service by my waiter Luis was impecable. My Ribeye was cooked to perfection. You can never go wrong with Morton's.Special Features:
- DissapointmentAnnieVIPDined on 7/6/2014We went to celebrate. Mortons Anniversary. The. Quality of the food w as dissapointing. The mashed potatoes tasted like. Glue, The broccoli w as from frozen packages, a ripp off.cSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFoodieDined on 7/6/2014We got stuck by 2 tables with kids so we couldn't enjoy ourself. The manager did ask us if we wanted to move. But they knew it was our anniversary so maybe they should have put then somewhere else. Also for that type of restaurant we felt rushed. Maybe because we ordered their 35 special but it still shouldn't have mattered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wait staff needs more passionFoodiepr29Dined on 7/5/2014Everything was great but the person who served me during my visit was not into those important details that a good fine dining experience requires. I would still come back despite that.Special Features:
- globalfoodieglobalfoodieDined on 7/4/2014The 35th year anniversary menu is a superb value. Food is consistently good.Special Features:
- Marvelous Morton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Morton's in San Juan offers an awesome dining experience with scenic views of the ocean. The food was great and the ambience was wonderful. You won't be disappointed should you decide to dine there for dinner. Bon appetite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's best steak ALWAYSFla2014Dined on 6/27/2014The service was impeccable, the personalized menus with my daughters name and happy birthday wishes is a very nice touch as well as the souvenir picture, they sure make any special occasion feel really special. The PRIME melt-in-your-mouth steaks were cooked to perfection and the legendary hot chocolate cake is worth every calorie SOOOOOO GOOD I have dine at several Morton's locations over the years and the food quality is always consistent as well as the outstanding service,you always know what to expect and never leave disappointed, definitely worth every penny.Special Features:
- Great TimeMiToSDined on 6/27/2014On the busiest night of the year so far, they managed to give us great service and give my child great memories of the surprise birthday dinner!Special Features:
- perfectionluvgreatserviceDined on 6/27/2014Service was impeccable. Food was scrumptious. Very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard Morton's & disappointingKitsuDined on 6/27/2014PRO: Morton's has great food, no doubt about that. You walk in and you know the name, you know the quality. PRO: Located on the beach, you've got a great view. CON: IF you've got a large group (so they know that you'll be throwing down the big bucks), you get that great window seat. CON: Service seemed rather slow, despite there being only a few other customers when we arrived. OVERALL: If you've got a special occasion, maybe go for it. If not, go out & explore some of the local cuisine. You can get the same quality steak with better service at a mainland U.S. Morton's.Special Features:
- Amazing NightSassyasontaeDined on 5/31/2014Everything was amazing, except the fact that I made it clear that it was a friends birthday and no one accommodated that! I listed it on the reservation and told the server, he said he would take care of it but never did. Everything else was great. I ordered the Cajun ribeye and he ordered the filet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014It is a tradition to celebrate our anniversary in one of the many Morton's location. San Juan's location has been so far the best experience, beating the one in Coral Gables and Brickel, both in Miami, Florida. The service was amazing, the managers and their staff were very attentive and courteous, and the food exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tit17OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Very good! For Romantic or special ocassion. Hight recommended for anniversariesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service and place!grosa45Dined on 5/24/2014We enjoy each minute of our dinning time there. Great food and a outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantromanticDined on 5/23/2014This is one of the best restaurant in PR. there is great food anbiance and wine list. the reataurant is at one of the best hotels of the island near the beach and is very romantic and has a great bar scene and a nice view to the ocean. overall a five star experiance.Special Features:
- Food mediocreNotUsuallyAReviewerDined on 5/13/2014Service in general was attentive but very over the top. Our server was great, but managers continuously came up to us to check on us. Not saying this is a reason to not go, but got kind of annoying to have our conversation constantly interrupted. As far as food goes... Very expensive and nothing special. I ordered the baked stuffed shrimp... The shrimp were cold and the crab stuffing had little flavor. The mashed potatoes were ok but nothing special...and we paid $39 for it. My husband had the braised short ribs which were really good but the horseradish mashed potatoes were too strong. It was not a bad experience over all, but definitely not worth the money.Special Features:
- Great eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Very good food, which is to be expected for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect CELEBRATION!NandHhlove2dineoutDined on 5/5/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate our Anniversary and my fiance's birthday and not only was the ambiance, the food and the service given us just excellent, but you also made us feel relaxed, special (because of the occasions) and a "part of the family". Gus was outstanding! We will be back!!! Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 342 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - San Juan reviews archive.
- great foodskinnyminnieDined on 5/4/2014Food and service was great! When we arrived the host tried seating us at the entrance past the hostess stand. We asked if we could be seated at window so we could see the ocean. After making a bit of a production of it, he seated us at the window. The rest of the evening went well. SSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, nice environmentregiVIPDined on 5/4/2014good food, very nice environment - little overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniverseryplaceforaniversaryDined on 5/1/2014The ideal place to celebrate in a romantic ambient and excellent service with nice details. How else can you celebrate those special and important moments with someone you love and have been together. The overview of the ocean y setting of the restaurant brinmgs or inspires those words of love that you want to share with your beloved one. I recommend Morton's as that unique place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than other locationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was very good management and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undercover EscargotspadrechrisDined on 4/25/2014The Escargots wer covered by so much bread you had to dig to find your snail. But on the other hand they were real tasty once you found them. The Oysters Rockefeller were also tasty but server luke warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.