Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
177 Park Avenue, Suite 100
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4089477000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Jose hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanjose
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)romantic (84)notable wine list (66)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great place for a steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014celebrated our friend couples anniversary last Sat. serve was great and welcoming. food was great and dessert. only thing, they messed up on our bill but he fixed and remove the charges right away. my friends and i like that they can custom made our menu with our names and decorate our table with confetti. we'll definitely go back and refer to our friends.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and it was a great experience. The restaurant setting was romantic and we were treated very well. The overall customer service was awesome and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicesCatsladderDined on 10/17/2014The wait staff is extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Made great recommendations. The medium rare rib eye is one of the best I experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/15/2014Started with the wedge with blue cheese. Amazing! Waitress was very nice. Steak was nice and tender too. Went with cheesecake and apple tart for dessert. Preferred the cheesecake. Service was great from entire team. Would eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happymrrowbob2uDined on 10/15/2014We had a reservation for 1830 and my son was delayed (due to train vs Pedestrian) but they held the table for us. We waited in the bar and the service was GREAT from 2 adorable waitresses. We had our meal in the main room and food was perfect. Steak, Grilled Asparagus and potato au graton. Quiet conversations going on. I would return.Special Features:
- Great Place for a Steak DinnerNotavegetarian1Dined on 10/14/2014I was looking for a restaurant where I could enjoy a good steak dinner and I definately found it at Morton's. LOVED the food, service and drinks. I will be visiting Morton's again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of tastey foodcowgirlconnieDined on 10/12/2014The portions were VERY large, and everything was good. it is a steak house, so there are not a lot of vegetarian options, however the salads and sides are large enough to be entrees.Special Features:
- Great souffleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014We went to Morton's just for dessert. The chocolate souffle was excellent! My friends and family got the Grand Marnier souffle. The Grand Marnier ended up being more bitter than sweet (I remember it being sweeter in the past.). Perhaps a little too much orange rind. My dad got the key lime pie. I didn't taste it, but he said it was good. I definitely will go back for the chocolate souffle - it's the best souffle I've ever had.Special Features:
- 2 trip out kitchen outstanding.Disappointed2Dined on 10/2/2014We ordered the short ribs. The potatoes that the short ribs were nestled in were piping hot as well. When I cut in and took a bite I found that the short rib was cold inside, not just cold but out of the ice box cold. My friend found hers to be the same. He took them back and returned with a hot rib that Was delicious.When the bill came our server asked if we has valet parked and when we told him yes (thinking they would comp the nominal fee in exchange for the cold rib) he asked if we wanted him to put on the bill! Hmm no offer of any kind to take care of the parking or possibly the side dish that we ordered as well that was hot when we got our food and cold by the time our second plate came round. A $200 dinner should be exceptional!Special Features:
- Attentive Service - always a winnerCraigandKarlaDined on 10/2/2014The trio of lamb chops I ordered were cooked to perfection, however, the "silver" had been left on, unfortunately, which made them impossible to cut through. Our server (Danny) immediately brought it to the manager's attention (Adam) and a filet was exchanged swiftly allowing me to still enjoy dinner with my husband. Too bad about the lamb chops, they were really beautiful at 2" thick each. I will try ordering them again! A wonderful dining experience all the way around, from the friendly greeting from Marie (the hostess), to that valet who made arrangements for after hours pick up of our car due to the Elton John concert, to Danny and Adam. Bravo! Well done - we will return and tell others of your top notch food, service and attentiveness!Special Features:
- I know it's a chain...OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/1/2014Chain steak house that is consistently good. The servers were attentive and friendly. We came here as a party of 10 with half of the group being Chinese visitors that were not fluent in English. The staff was friendly and accommodating and our guests had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unplanned date nigthnewexp2haveDined on 9/26/2014Overall had a decent experience. Would have preferred better seating as we were sat near the restrooms/kitchen entry. However, our server was nice and knowledgeable about the menu. One disappointment was after dinning we sat in the bar area to have a cocktail on the way out and I ordered an Old Fashion, which should not be very difficult for any bartender. I was given what appeared to be whiskey with watered down ice cubes which was definitely not expected. I am hoping that the gentlemen pouring the drinks was maybe filling in for the actual bartender because I am sure I am not the first person to order a top-shelf beverage at Morton's.Special Features:
- Thank you Mortons!!!F22RaptorDined on 9/26/2014Went there with wife for 10 year Anniversary Dinner. Very very happy with the service and dinner. Thank you Morton's for making the day special for my wife and I.Special Features:
- HnlTutuDined on 9/14/2014love Morton's... its our special place to enjoy great dinners, but we don't visit as much as we'd like, so when they put out specials like the $40 one that just ended that was reason enough to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be returningJulieDined on 9/13/2014We've been frequent guests at Mortons but started to notice the quality diminishing several months ago. This time we had an ample reservation made, for a big anniversary celebration. We get to our seats to find they've sat us next to the kitchen. It was so loud we couldn't hear each other, and the door to and from the kitchen was constantly swinging back and forth. Took 20 mins to get our drinks only to finally have them come and be told that the 'specialty' that one of our guests ordered as not available. So another 20 mins to get her an alternative. Waitress was disinterested and rarely around. We brought 2 bottle of of wine which she corked but NEVER served. Despite complaining TWICE to the manager nothing was done.
- Sept. 11 Experienceur1styrannivDined on 9/11/2014It was our 1st yr anniv. and I wanted to take my girlfriend to a place where she would feel special, love the food, like the environment. They put Happy Anniversary decorations on the table, had our own special menu that said Happy 1st yr Anniv. across the top of the menu, we got a complimentary desert, they came by, took our picture, then gave us the picture in a frame that said Happ 1st yr anniv., and had an average of 4-5 people always stopping by, checking up on us, making sure we had everything we wanted. She loved it all, we had a great time and she now wants to come back for every anniv. because now she is calling it our place which I'm fine with because its a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDinerGPDined on 9/10/2014Was nice with attentive, friendly service. Food was very good, well prepared. They knew it was our anniversary and had a booth nicely prepared with some anniversary decorations.Special Features:
- OccasionRoselleDined on 9/7/2014We went for the special as affordable. We also super enjoy the food, except this time the green beans were underdone and underflavored. We do wish there was more light to see menus, etc. We were seated more to the back and so couldn't hear the music and wished we had a flashlight to see menu and bill. Great restaurant but too dim. Servers are good but sometimes a little too interruptive when you just want to sit and ruminate a little. We will go back because the food is always great. We went this time as his and my birthdays were days we could not attend. The Key Lime Pie as always scrumptious!Special Features:
- Steak was underparXitrumDined on 9/6/2014Morton was my go-to place for special occasion in the past several years. However, the steaks was consistently not very good in the past 2-3 times we went there. Although the ambiance is nice and the service is very good, I don't know if I want to spend $300 dinner for a not so satisfying experience anymore.Special Features:
- Couples Night OutPMGbirthdayDined on 9/6/2014Bartender very rude & cocky! Felt like we were below him and not worthy of his service. Server for dinner awesome! Food is great but very pricey!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFiletloverDined on 9/6/2014We were a party of 8 for an 45th anniversary celebration. Our waiter was very cautious and helpful with our order. We ordered several appetizers and one order of prosciutto wrapped mozzarella had a problem and needed to be remade. Dinner service went well although you did get the feeling they were under-staffed that night. The main complaint was the food. Two of the people complained that their food was cold. My wife ordered a Morton's Salad and the lettuce was wilted and not crisp at all. My filet and one other that I know of were not prepared as requested. I asked for medium and it came closer to rare. A nice evening was had by all but the food left something to be desired. Especially at Morton"s prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spendy but worth pennylwallDined on 9/2/2014We were there early so it was very quiet. Good menu selections, a lot of variety. Our meals were prepared to perfection. Presentation and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special for anniversaryEdabDined on 8/31/2014We noted it was our anniversary on the reservation and they had our names on the menu with happy anniversary as well as glitter on the table. Wait staff was excellent Took our photo and gave us free dessert. Great for our special occasion restaurant is a little loud especially as we were near the kitchen. Food was excellent, even the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous birthday dinner!KarynCDined on 8/30/2014We came to eat before a show, and the staff did a great job accommodating our tight timeline - we got through a 3-course meal in under and hour, with wine! And with the birthday came a nice commemorative photo, and a free dessert - yeah! Thank you all for making it special.Special Features:
- Some disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014The steak and seafood dinners we had were outstanding, but our side vegetable dish was not cooked very well and served less than warm. I was also disappointed that our server never told us about a special that we were informed about via an email from Morton's until we asked about it. So as that you don't get the wrong impression this is the first time we came away from dinner feeling a bit disappointed as all the other times we have eaten there we were very satisfiedSpecial Features:
- Great Food / Poor ServiceGoodSteakDined on 8/29/2014Our server was hard to track down - he opened a very nice bottle of wind that we brought in, then never touched it after that, never poured a drop of it. Was nowhere to be found after our meals arrived, had to ask another server to find him as one of our sides did not come with the meal. I only gave it a "Fair" rating because the food was good.Special Features:
- Absolutely WonderfulZowwMeowwDined on 8/24/2014I went for my anniversary. When I got to the table confetti was sprinkled across it, and menus with our names were laid at our settings. The hostess even took our picture and gave us a matted copy :-) I had the crabcakes which were to die for and he had steak(dont remeber which one), but his face said it was delicious. Overall great experience for a casual and romatic celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebration dinner!LuvmygirlzDined on 8/23/2014We dined at this restaurant for a special occasion on Saturday. The service and staff were amazing! And of course ... The food was great as well. Would recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Very disappointed with the food. Lacking flavor and improper cooking (overdone steaks)...we were with special guests, so we held off on commenting and sending food back. I had bone in ribeye which was overcooked and bland, I personally cook a better, more flavorful at home any given night. The spinach was terrible. The $600 tab was way too high for such a meal and I truly wish we'd have gone to Alexanders instead of Mortons.
- LobsterCoachVIPDined on 8/22/2014The 2 lb lobster was outstanding as was the dessert which was a bonusSpecial Features:
- VincemorenoDined on 8/22/2014Great night for my son Tony Moreno's Birthday. The food was outstanding and the service was great. We had the 2lb lobsters...My 11 year old son was excitd about hi name being on the menu....Thanks for making his evening a nice ons.Special Features:
- Excellent Anniversary DinnermbrealDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary at Morton's and they did a great job catering to our needs. When we made our reservation, we stated it was for our anniversary and they had a special table waiting for us. There was anniversary motif on the table. We received a free anniversary dinner photo and a free desert. This was unexpected and very classy of Morton's. The steak and crab cakes were phenomenal. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTinmanDined on 8/5/2014We had dinner at Morton's on August 5. We arrived 15 minutes early and were immediately seated. The server were very helpful and attentive. My our meals were served to perfection. My porter house and my sons filet mignon were ordered medium well and they were done just right. And since it was my sons birthday we got a nice complementary photograph.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasions.MRSMMDined on 8/3/2014Been to Morton's several times in San Jose & San Francisco. Have never had a bad experience with the food or service. Romantic booths for two or large tables for a big group. Great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We arrived to see our table decorated with b'day decorations and a menu with my name on it.. Dinner was delicious. We had a cocktail so did not have wine. The cocktails were so good. The wait staff were impeccable in their service. We have not had that kind of service since visiting Chicago where waiting is a profession not just a job. Our dining lasted well over 2 hours and our car was waiting for us when we left. They paid such attention to every detail. Overall a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- ErnieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great reception by the entire staff from the bar to the dining table. They made us feel as we were the only guests present. Most enjoyable.Special Features:
- They made it specialPortugueseloveDined on 8/1/2014Morton's made us feel special for our anniversary. We had a table with Happy Anniversary Confetti on it, we had Special menus thats said Happy Anniversary And our names on it and we got a conplimentary Photo and Souflee for dessert. The Fiket Mignon tasted divine. Everyone was friendly and professional. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and QualityLoves2EatDined on 7/29/2014Morton's always outdoes itself with the level of quality of the meal and the service with which it is served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carrying on the tradition...SpecialOutingsDined on 7/21/2014Like the Morton's in San Francisco and Portland, the San Jose restaurant has excellent food, wonderful service, and pleasant ambiance. Would highly recommend for those looking to celebrate special occasions or intimate evenings.Special Features:
- Happy with our meal and serviceCoraVIPDined on 7/20/2014Sitting at table 55 - my usual table. We're greeted and seated promptly for our 7:15pm dinner Sunday nite. Dinning room was 60% full. Katheryn was our server - very friendly, proper and attentive. Appetizer - baked escargot and chilled seafood platter. Two glasses of Riesling. Main course - center cut rib eye steak and shrimp scampi capellini. Both cooked as we expected. We did not have dessert because we're just too full. We're happy with our meal and service. During our dinner, fire alarm went off and it took the building manager 10 min to turn it off. Katheryn was concerned for the interruption. A nice personal touch. Morton is not Alexander (which we go very often) since we live in Cupertino. I will recommned Morton to others :)Special Features: