Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
177 Park Avenue, Suite 100
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (408) 947-7000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Jose hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanjose
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (66)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Much ImprovedLibsDined on 6/28/2014The last two times we have come to Morton's, both times for special occasions, the service was either not good or horrible. This time, our waitress April was very accommodating and appeared whenever we needed something. We really never had to ask for a thing, the water glasses were always full, the wine bottle uncorked to breathe, the sharing of salads and desserts not a problem. We enjoyed the service, food and atmosphere this time (it could have been a little quieter but that was fine.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodJeckDined on 6/26/2014Really nice place food was excellent service was ok but the plus side was mangement stop by too see how was the service etc wish lighting was a little more brighter just a little moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014Went for my girlfriend's birthday. Two couples. Service could not possible have been better. However, the sauteed Brussels sprouts on their arrival were actually chilled. Not room temperature. They had clearly been refrigerated and then inadequately reheated. This was corrected immediately, yet was a very negative surprise, given the high praise I had heard about Morton's. It was my first visit to a Morton's. Then, I ordered the Cajun Ribeye - ribeye being my consistent favorite. It was so laced with difficult connective tissue, not delicious marbling like I expect, that it was tedious and unpleasant to eat. I could not finish it. Simply put, it was a poor quality steak that should not have been served to a customer. Very disappointed.
- From a chef: not worth itLBKayVIPDined on 6/24/2014A couple of things: our $120 porterhouse for two was flavorless. Morton's says their steaks are aged, but I'm guessing they're not dry aged. That makes a big difference in flavor--and for that price, it is what we expected. One of us ordered a lemon souffle--which was good until we got to the bottom, where we found a coating of raw egg. While our waiter was very pleasant, helpful and personable, it took forever to get our food. We waited 45 minutes for salads to arrive, and the restaurant was at 1/3 capacity. There are a lot of better steakhouses to go to. This is definitely the first (and last time) we go to Morton's.
- BDcelebrationDined on 6/22/2014They always remember our preferred seating! Very friendly staff. Always clean and comfortable. food always good.Special Features:
- Wonderful wedding anniversary.AnjieDined on 6/22/2014We had another fantastic experience at Morton's. The food was exceptional and plentiful. My husband loves starting off with the chopped spinach salad. I had the Ceasar salad with anchovies. So good. Both salads are big enough to split, but we wanted our own this time. My husband had the grilled platter which he loves. I had the chef's choice of bone in filet. So, tender and delicious. If you love blue cheese and grilled onions, this steak is for you. I had a generous glass of the house Pinot Grigio which was perfect. We finished the meal with my favorite lemon soufflé and vanilla ice cream. It could not have been any better.Special Features:
- Filet mignon - superiorJoelVIPDined on 6/21/2014Once again, our filet was superb and the creamed spinach to die for.Special Features:
- My first time at Morton'sMZinSJDined on 6/21/2014The menu accommodates people with smaller stomachs, which can be hard to find in a nice steak house. I had the 6 oz. filet mignon (Oscar style - delicious!) and it was perfect. The appetizers were a little slow to arrive, and my boyfriend's plate was presented incorrectly (upsided-down; he used to be a head waiter, so he notices things like that). Other than that, the experience was exquisite. I liked that we could watch the kitchen. Lighting was good, not too dark like some other steak houses (you know who you are) and there is a parking garage right there.Special Features:
- Way overpriced and overratedrvaughn101Dined on 6/21/2014Everything was ok until we ordered. Then our food never came. Waited and waited. Then a guy comes up and has a bag for us to take home. We had no clue what he was talking about. I told him our food was for here. He apologizes and walks back to the kitchen. We wave down our waitress and ask about our food and she says she'll check on it. She walks back to the kitchen/order area and starts taking things out of the to go bag that had been offered to us previously. When our food finally came, I ask her is this the food that was in the to go bag. She said yes, the chef warmed it up for you. Why we didn't leave then is a mystery to me. But I'll never go back and you shouldn't either. The food wasn't good either.
- Sub-Par Experience at Morton'sbeachboyDined on 6/21/2014Wait staff was at novice level for this caliber and price of restaurant. The quality and preparation of my steak was well below the standards I have come to expect from the Morton's Steakhouse chain. There are several options within a block of this location in San Jose that can provide a far better value than Morton's. Bottom line, I was terribly dissapointed and unimpressed.
- Summer special was greatCathySaratogaDined on 6/15/2014We went on Father's Day, my parents can't eat that much and the Celebrate Summer 4 course special was perfect for them, small portion but you get to sample more, and it's a great value. Tuna Tower was tasty, Morton Salad was good, Caesar Salad was a bit bland. Steaks were always good, scallop was well prepared with flavor, scampi was very tasty. Even the side dish Lyonaise potato was a hit. Service was great, they had a photographer who took picture of my whole party and gave us two 5X7 photos as souvenir, we loved that. Waiter called our valet parked car over when he brought us the check. It was a happy experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowMamaSDined on 6/14/2014The service was so slow. Feels like our party of seven was always waiting..despite the fact that our table was in an area that waiters kept walking back and forth by. My plate was warmer than the food..
- Graduation DinnerhungryhippoDined on 6/13/2014Steak was great. Vegetables too buttery and not fresh tasting. Fries lacked truffle , they just had garlic. Not enough parmesan.
- Our go-to place for specialsElanDined on 6/13/2014Always consistently excellent. Be sure to ask for special menu cause they won't volunteer it. For $62 we had salad, filet, seafood topping, side, plus dessert. Would have been <$100 on regular menu. Great service. A clear 10!Special Features:
- Great first time experienceCollie2Dined on 6/10/2014We had a wonderful time from the beginning. Our server, Katherine, greeted us by name and knew that we had a time constraint. She was very knowledgable about the menu describing various items. My cajun ribeye was cooked to perfection. My wife's filet was a little tough. The portions were generous. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Seafoodie's Delight1SamakiDelightDined on 6/9/2014We really loved the salmon, shrimp and crab cake combo! Ooooh so tasty! Butter lettuce salad also a winner! This was a birthday present, but we will be back again on our own dime!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was an amazing BDay TreatKiraniDined on 6/8/2014Everything from the Short Rib Taco appetizers to the, Wedge Salad to the Finishing entree of the center-cut Prim Ribeye was impeccable. It was perfect! and the decorative menu’s saying happy bday and my own special on-th-house Raspberry soufflé! wow!! This place has it’s reputation for a reason and I am convinced. Thank you guys so much for making my bday that much more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If steak is your thingmbeachyVIPDined on 6/7/2014Excellent spot if you are in downtown San Jose and looking for steak. Staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They made you feel welcome! Outstanding caesar salad and grilled asparagus to compliment the steak. The addition of combination main dishes (steak, shrimp and scallops) was appreciated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2014Morton's San Jose is a great steakhouse. The food is always good, the service is always great, and the overall experience is terrific. My wife and I will not only return to Morton's San Jose but also visit other Morton's locations. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDutchstarPrincessDined on 6/4/2014Wanted to have a special dinner for my husband's 70th birthday. First time at this Morton's. I mentioned his birthday in comments & they asked for his name when they called to confirm. Expecting candle in dessert. Well it was much more, subtle & in good taste. Table sprinkled with HB confetti, personalized menus, a picture presented at end of meal, manager stopped by table. Corrine, our server, was terrific. Food was excellent. Presentation was very good. Oysters Rockefeller, Beefsteak tomatoes w/blue cheese were so fresh. We had filet's, cooked perfectly. Our fav, the horseradish mashed potatoes. Unbelievably good! We were treated to a Grand Marnier soufflé. We weren't rushed, took 2 hrs. A rarity today. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes.Special Features:
- Pricey, but worth it!Jekkie34Dined on 6/1/2014My family and I don't do Fine Dining very often. Our visit was to celebrate Mother's & Father's Day, and our Anniversary. Everything was delicious and exceeded our expectations!!! Everyone's cut of meat was perfect to our satisfaction. The portion sizes were more than fair....we even split a few of the dishes between the 4 of us. We definitely have plans to visit again....just need to save up the money for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing intro presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/31/2014We have been here several times . The service is always good. However it was always special having the steak and lobster presentation @ the beginning. It looks like they have stopped doing that now which is a shame The fillet mignon was also a little tough. Sides and soufflé were expensive . But this is not a low cost placeSpecial Features:
- A most pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary. We were giving a quiet table that was decorated with confetti when we sat down and we were amazed how many of the staff came over to us to offer their congratulations. Everyone made us feel very special indeed which made our day all the more better. I would definitely recommend Morton's for any special occasion you may have but you don't have to have a special reason to eat there as the food and service will leave nothing to be desired.Special Features:
- FoodTootsieDined on 5/31/2014The restaurant has a nice ambience. However the food was not worth the price. Meat is all corn fed and both filets were very tough. Service was excellent however we would not return
- Compares poorly to othersnicknameVIPDined on 5/25/2014Perhaps it isn't fair to compare this Morton's to other locations, but those in Hong Kong, Chicago, and Columbus are far better. Timing was off, as mains were served in rushed fashion, yet were not very hot (bleu cheese butter didn't even melt!). Server could not answer questions about wines, yet didn't ask anyone. Manager served wine to taste with what appeared to be sediment (but was probably part of the foil wrap), then had to be asked to replace the glass. Overall, this location isn't at all polished.
- Great place for a special occasionRonSJCVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is a top of the line restaurant. The food is outstanding and the service is well above the norm. I had the peppercorn steak which was fantastic if (as I do) you love the taste of pepper. Well perhaps the five peppercorn sauce was a little overkill (I had them bring me the sauce on the side). The only downside is the cost which a little on the high side, even for a restaurant of this class. You certainly pay for what you get but what you get is fabulous.Special Features:
- Excellent for celebrating!greateatsDined on 5/23/2014Food is high quality, good choices, service impeccable. Loved it!Special Features:
- expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014I paid 95$, for a new york steak and an onion soup It took me 40 min to get all food The service was not good The soup was not hot A lot of money to pay to aoderate steak....
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/20/2014I have visited places such as Ruth's Chris, Capital Grill and Manny's Steakhouse in Minneapolis. Regarding Morton's I found the service to be great and the ambience excellent. The food wasn't bad but it wasn't nearly as good as what I've had at many of Ruth's Chris. Given that Morton's is supposed to be in the same class as Ruth's Chris or a Manny's steakhouse or a Capital Grill I would expect comparable food. In my opinion, it wasn't' the preparation or anything like that, its just a lesser cut of beef I imagine. It was good but not Great. My advice is if you want all that you get in Mortons, but with much better food, go to Ruth's Chris. In short, Mortons is not worthy of the prices given the alternatives out there.Special Features:
- ImpressionableGemmaDined on 5/20/2014I went to Morton's for my Birthday. They made me feel special from beginning to end. With birthday confetti, a personalized menu, a picture of the table to take home and dessert. Food was awesome service attentive. What more could you ask for. It is a higher end dinning and you are treated as such. So gentlemen take your special lady here and she will be talking about it for weeks.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014First stop is the bar. You must have the Secret Garden cocktail. The most refreshing predinner drink you will ever have. This is my fourth time there this year. When I crave steak, I've tried other places but nothing beats Morton's. For an appetizer I highly recommend the prosciutto mozzarella option. For a steak, the bone in ribeye. I go to the San Jose location. During my last dining experience. I was lucky enough to get Susan at our table. She's wonderful, attentive, helpful, fun and very knowledgeable. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Great ServiceSiliconValleyManDined on 5/13/2014If you love steaks, this is the place to go. The flavors were wonderful and the steaks were tender and cooked to perfection. All the side dishes were wonderful as well. The staff was attentive and focused on ensuring we had an excellent dining experience. While it is a bit pricey, you will walk away saying it was worth it! There is a difference between price and value, and Morton's delivers a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionLukeTomaselloDined on 5/11/2014We really enjoyed our dinner and the wine list was impressive. I got the Chicago Style bone-in Rib eye, it was fabulous. My wife got the seafood platter and it was also very good. I was a little disappointed with the wilted spinach salad. They call it a chopped spinach salad. Actually, the wilted spinach salad should not be chopped, and it wasn't warm enough to suite me. Ideally it should be prepared table-side. Still, a wonderful dining experience and we'll be going back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014Had a lovely dinner with exceptional service at Morton's. We have always been happy with the meal and the service. The visiting manager assisted with table service as it was a busy Mother's Day dinner time. That was so very much appreciated. Our waiter was great, checking on us often despite the fact that he looked like he was very busy with lots of tables. Highly recommend Morton's SJ.Special Features:
- I probably wouldn't come backluvsteakhouses888Dined on 5/11/2014This is the 2nd time that I have been to this restaurant and location. The first time was when I took out my friend to celebrate her bday a few years ago. Service and food was okay. Thought I give it another try for Mother's Day and brought our kids. We asked for medium well steaks but the meat was too medium for us. It was too dark for us to see inside the restaurant until we took our leftovers home. Yikes! Service was okay. I'm going easy on our server because she was pregnant and it could be due to her being tired and not feeling well. Otherwise, I'd be much harsher on the review. As for kids, it's not a kid friendly place! Go elsewhere if you going to bring them along.Special Features:
- Good night outDeaconDeanDined on 5/10/2014The food was great. The service was good. We had a party of 6. Our waitress was extremely efficient but did not smile a lot. We had a member of our party that was celebrating a birthday. The staff took very good care of her. They even took pictures and put them in a Birthday card that she had before we left. The drinks were excellent. I ate too much and not able to comment on the deserts. I found Morton's to be very similar to Alexanders in food quality. For me Alexanders atmosphere is a little better. I will be back to Morton's in the next couple of monthsSpecial Features:
- Most enjoyable dinnercambellDined on 5/9/2014We had the most enjoyable dinner experience in a long time. The table was in the corner,the lights medium, the waiter not too bothersome. The food was very good. We took our time and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad steaks and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Service was very rushed and the steaks were tuff.Special Features:
- MortonsJohnF3Dined on 5/7/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Mortons. Service was excellent and food was great. I have ben here few times before and will come here again.Special Features:
- Classic steakhousekonaboyDined on 5/6/2014Fine service in a classic upscale steak house. Beef is highest quality with over sized sides all with excellent service. Not a cheap date but well worth it for a special evening or treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.