Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
177 Park Avenue, Suite 100
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4089477000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Jose hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanjose
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)romantic (81)notable wine list (69)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (22)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Absolutely WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I went for my anniversary. When I got to the table confetti was sprinkled across it, and menus with our names were laid at our settings. The hostess even took our picture and gave us a matted copy :-) I had the crabcakes which were to die for and he had steak(dont remeber which one), but his face said it was delicious. Overall great experience for a casual and romatic celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebration dinner!LuvmygirlzDined on 8/23/2014We dined at this restaurant for a special occasion on Saturday. The service and staff were amazing! And of course ... The food was great as well. Would recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterCoachVIPDined on 8/22/2014The 2 lb lobster was outstanding as was the dessert which was a bonusSpecial Features:
- VincemorenoDined on 8/22/2014Great night for my son Tony Moreno's Birthday. The food was outstanding and the service was great. We had the 2lb lobsters...My 11 year old son was excitd about hi name being on the menu....Thanks for making his evening a nice ons.Special Features:
- Excellent Anniversary DinnermbrealDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary at Morton's and they did a great job catering to our needs. When we made our reservation, we stated it was for our anniversary and they had a special table waiting for us. There was anniversary motif on the table. We received a free anniversary dinner photo and a free desert. This was unexpected and very classy of Morton's. The steak and crab cakes were phenomenal. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTinmanDined on 8/5/2014We had dinner at Morton's on August 5. We arrived 15 minutes early and were immediately seated. The server were very helpful and attentive. My our meals were served to perfection. My porter house and my sons filet mignon were ordered medium well and they were done just right. And since it was my sons birthday we got a nice complementary photograph.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasions.MRSMMDined on 8/3/2014Been to Morton's several times in San Jose & San Francisco. Have never had a bad experience with the food or service. Romantic booths for two or large tables for a big group. Great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We arrived to see our table decorated with b'day decorations and a menu with my name on it.. Dinner was delicious. We had a cocktail so did not have wine. The cocktails were so good. The wait staff were impeccable in their service. We have not had that kind of service since visiting Chicago where waiting is a profession not just a job. Our dining lasted well over 2 hours and our car was waiting for us when we left. They paid such attention to every detail. Overall a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- ErnieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great reception by the entire staff from the bar to the dining table. They made us feel as we were the only guests present. Most enjoyable.Special Features:
- They made it specialPortugueseloveDined on 8/1/2014Morton's made us feel special for our anniversary. We had a table with Happy Anniversary Confetti on it, we had Special menus thats said Happy Anniversary And our names on it and we got a conplimentary Photo and Souflee for dessert. The Fiket Mignon tasted divine. Everyone was friendly and professional. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and QualityLoves2EatDined on 7/29/2014Morton's always outdoes itself with the level of quality of the meal and the service with which it is served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carrying on the tradition...SpecialOutingsDined on 7/21/2014Like the Morton's in San Francisco and Portland, the San Jose restaurant has excellent food, wonderful service, and pleasant ambiance. Would highly recommend for those looking to celebrate special occasions or intimate evenings.Special Features:
- Happy with our meal and serviceCoraVIPDined on 7/20/2014Sitting at table 55 - my usual table. We're greeted and seated promptly for our 7:15pm dinner Sunday nite. Dinning room was 60% full. Katheryn was our server - very friendly, proper and attentive. Appetizer - baked escargot and chilled seafood platter. Two glasses of Riesling. Main course - center cut rib eye steak and shrimp scampi capellini. Both cooked as we expected. We did not have dessert because we're just too full. We're happy with our meal and service. During our dinner, fire alarm went off and it took the building manager 10 min to turn it off. Katheryn was concerned for the interruption. A nice personal touch. Morton is not Alexander (which we go very often) since we live in Cupertino. I will recommned Morton to others :)Special Features:
- ShaunaDined on 7/20/2014The service was beyond excellent. Superior service. The cocktails were refreshing and different. The filet mignon was slightly overcooked around the edges. I ordered medium rare. I have had a better filet mignon at other restaurants. The mashed potato side was a generous portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodChrisMcDDined on 7/18/2014Food was great. There was a rather loud group in their group hall. Service was good but not that great. Took them a while to bring a few things. The place wasn't too romantic or classy but not horrible. Steaks and food were top notch though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKinnaDined on 7/17/2014I was very pleased with the restaurants food and service. I was disappointed when I used this service to reserve a table for a special night out with my 92 year old grandmother, all to find out that they didn’t have our reservations in the system when we arrived. Thank goodness we were there early for a 5:30 reservation as no customers were present to hear the 20 questions I received to ensure I truly did make the reservations for their restaurant, that date, that time, under that name, and of course I was asked if I reserved a table at the San Francisco location. I was truly embarrassed as my grandmother and I stood there not knowing if we would be seated or eating at that establishment. Next time I will reserve a table by phone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014We had a good dinner. Steaks cooked perfect.Very friendly service. A nice wine list also.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDougCDined on 7/16/2014A high end restaurant but well worth the price. The service people are extremely good. It is such a pleasant experience to go there.Special Features:
- Consistently goodPalleyDined on 7/15/2014I've been to Morton's all over the country and have never been disappointed. Exceptional quality control for a chain eatery.Special Features:
- Went for wedding anniversarygoodgrubDined on 7/13/2014We went for our wedding anniversary - looking for a nice quiet evening without the kids - we were greeted kindly by our hostess and shown to our booth (as requested in my reservation), as we sat down, sprinkled on the smartly pressed tablecloth were "Happy Anniversary" confetti - a nice touch. Personalized menus with our names were presented as were the current specials. My wife ordered the tuna tacos and I the center cut ribeye. While the purist would have ordered "bone in", I wasn't in the mood to work too hard this night. The ribeye was outstanding - broiled to order - I had now doubt it would arrive as order and i wasn't disappointed! I'd tell you about the tuna tacos, but who orders tacos at a steak house. My wife. Love Mortons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not worth itJustWalkerDined on 7/13/2014The food was only adequate, the service was slow but friendly, and the price is $$$. Nothing like the slick adds you see in the airline mags. The special occasion, was not so special after all.
- Romantic evening - checkInfrabillVIPDined on 7/12/2014The minute my wife and i entered the door, we felt like we were in a special place. the maitre d greeted us with a big smile and sat us at the perfect booth. The pre-dinner cocktails were yummy. I had a gin martini and my wife had the champagne cocktail. Then teh bread was super soft and warm with soft butter to accompany. we split the special bone in filet and had broccolini on the side with twice baked au gratin potatoes after the beefsteak and onion salad. After, we had a souffle for the first time. Wow. light and airy and not too sweet. We will be back when i get my next $50 check from Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionRickCDined on 7/12/2014Morton's in San Jose is a high end steakhouse that delivers. My NY steak was cooked to perfection as was my wife's double cut lamb chops. Waiter was very attentive and efficient. We celebrated an anniversary and the restaurant provided a specially written menu along with a picture and dessert. Just a few reasons we were made to feel special while at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOjodocDined on 7/10/2014Prime is noticeably better and the service is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014What a great place to celebrate! Not as stuffy as other Morton's locations. Nice laid back vibe yet very classy. Didn't grab the bartenders name but he really knows his bourbons. Clayton our waiter was super awesome. Thanks so much for making my bday awesome Morton's San JoseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014Consistently excellent food, drinks, and service. If you haven't been there, go! If you have been there, go again!Special Features:
- Fantastic Steak!RoversPopsDined on 7/5/2014Morton's always provides a fantastic steak eating experience. Perfectly cooked to our order. Our side dishes of horseradish mashed potatoes & broccoli florets were both delicious. The potatoes were topped with your choice of sour cream, butter, and bacon. Lastly, the chocolate soufflé was yummy! We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as goodMrpuyz1Dined on 7/5/2014Filet was great. One third of the whipped potatoes would have more than adequate. Too heavy on the horseradish. The key Lime pie was different.but not true Key lime pie.Special Features:
- Lovely!MDEUKDined on 7/3/2014I had a great meal at Morton's - the food was absolutely outstanding, and the service excellent. I would definitely recommend it as a good spot for special occasions and romantic meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencellamoDined on 7/3/2014Morton's did a fantastic job of setting the atmosphere for a wonderful anniversary dinner. There were a lot of nice touches that made the whole experience worthwhile such as confetti hearts on our table, custom menus, a picture that they took and printed of us, and of course the food was amazing. We had the NY strip and filet mignon, each with black truffle butter which I highly recommend. I look forward to coming back and trying more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- d2kOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2014great place we had an early date and had to rush our server was right on and helpful to get us put on time next time a leasurely dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marcareDined on 7/2/2014Great for those who love Beef. We had out of town company and they enjoyed the service and selection. They left very full and very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary Dinner and Service!Train1569Dined on 7/2/2014Once seated, I informed our waiter Harrison that we needed to be done with dinner no later than 7:00 PM because we were attending a concert at SAP. Harrison's introduction of the menu and added features was very informative and thorough. After making our selections, we ordered a cocktail and three salads and one soup were delivered in short order followed by our main dishes. Our meals were cooked to perfection from medium rare to medium well combined with the side dishes of baked potato and garlic mashed potato. With the short amount of time Harrison had, he was able to squeeze in our dessert, key lime pie before we had to depart. Compliments to the chef and Harrison for making a very special evening even more special. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school steak restaurantSJmiller5Dined on 7/1/2014Exceptional service and care provided, and high quality basics Filet, Lobster, Rib Eye, baked potato, veggies, sides, etc.. in a 70' steakhouse vibe. The place to go if you want to know for sure that you're going to get that perfect steak.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedDoubleDDined on 6/30/2014Nicer restaurants as the prices would indicate tend to be a little "stuffy" as well as pricey. We came here for my daughters 16th birthday, and from the second we walked in the door, they made her feel like a princess, the food was to die for and while the ambience was definitely everything we expected, the feeling that usually accompanies fine dining was pleasantly absent. We were all very comfortable, constantly tended to, and very satisfied with 100% of our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality, But PriceyPathologistDined on 6/29/2014Given the cost (nearly $200 for a dinner for 2, including the $45 prix fixe menu), we don't go here more than once every few years.Special Features:
- Steak was not outstanding todayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2014Morton's was not up to expectations for steak taste today. Taste and quality were just average
- Good Steak, Server Sucked.mcbucbDined on 6/28/2014The steaks were great but our server was quite the contrary. I don't recall her name but she had a relatively shorter and stout physique. She seemed rather impatient and blazed through the menu items and specials of the day. I had been before, but my for my companions it was their first time and they could had more patience. I recall my first visit there the service was much better and they even showed us the uncooked steaks to help us decide. In any case, she had a very rushed attitude and became only worse when we told her we didn't want a lot of appetizers or sides. We were primarily there for the steak. I'm pretty sure it was only our server because we got spectacular attention from the bus boy when we asked for service.Special Features:
- Much ImprovedLibsDined on 6/28/2014The last two times we have come to Morton's, both times for special occasions, the service was either not good or horrible. This time, our waitress April was very accommodating and appeared whenever we needed something. We really never had to ask for a thing, the water glasses were always full, the wine bottle uncorked to breathe, the sharing of salads and desserts not a problem. We enjoyed the service, food and atmosphere this time (it could have been a little quieter but that was fine.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodJeckDined on 6/26/2014Really nice place food was excellent service was ok but the plus side was mangement stop by too see how was the service etc wish lighting was a little more brighter just a little moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.