Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
177 Park Avenue, Suite 100
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4089477000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Jose hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanjose
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (80)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014love Morton's... its our special place to enjoy great dinners, but we don't visit as much as we'd like, so when they put out specials like the $40 one that just ended that was reason enough to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be returningJulieDined on 9/13/2014We've been frequent guests at Mortons but started to notice the quality diminishing several months ago. This time we had an ample reservation made, for a big anniversary celebration. We get to our seats to find they've sat us next to the kitchen. It was so loud we couldn't hear each other, and the door to and from the kitchen was constantly swinging back and forth. Took 20 mins to get our drinks only to finally have them come and be told that the 'specialty' that one of our guests ordered as not available. So another 20 mins to get her an alternative. Waitress was disinterested and rarely around. We brought 2 bottle of of wine which she corked but NEVER served. Despite complaining TWICE to the manager nothing was done.
- Sept. 11 Experienceur1styrannivDined on 9/11/2014It was our 1st yr anniv. and I wanted to take my girlfriend to a place where she would feel special, love the food, like the environment. They put Happy Anniversary decorations on the table, had our own special menu that said Happy 1st yr Anniv. across the top of the menu, we got a complimentary desert, they came by, took our picture, then gave us the picture in a frame that said Happ 1st yr anniv., and had an average of 4-5 people always stopping by, checking up on us, making sure we had everything we wanted. She loved it all, we had a great time and she now wants to come back for every anniv. because now she is calling it our place which I'm fine with because its a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDinerGPDined on 9/10/2014Was nice with attentive, friendly service. Food was very good, well prepared. They knew it was our anniversary and had a booth nicely prepared with some anniversary decorations.Special Features:
- OccasionRoselleDined on 9/7/2014We went for the special as affordable. We also super enjoy the food, except this time the green beans were underdone and underflavored. We do wish there was more light to see menus, etc. We were seated more to the back and so couldn't hear the music and wished we had a flashlight to see menu and bill. Great restaurant but too dim. Servers are good but sometimes a little too interruptive when you just want to sit and ruminate a little. We will go back because the food is always great. We went this time as his and my birthdays were days we could not attend. The Key Lime Pie as always scrumptious!Special Features:
- Steak was underparXitrumDined on 9/6/2014Morton was my go-to place for special occasion in the past several years. However, the steaks was consistently not very good in the past 2-3 times we went there. Although the ambiance is nice and the service is very good, I don't know if I want to spend $300 dinner for a not so satisfying experience anymore.Special Features:
- Couples Night OutPMGbirthdayDined on 9/6/2014Bartender very rude & cocky! Felt like we were below him and not worthy of his service. Server for dinner awesome! Food is great but very pricey!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFiletloverDined on 9/6/2014We were a party of 8 for an 45th anniversary celebration. Our waiter was very cautious and helpful with our order. We ordered several appetizers and one order of prosciutto wrapped mozzarella had a problem and needed to be remade. Dinner service went well although you did get the feeling they were under-staffed that night. The main complaint was the food. Two of the people complained that their food was cold. My wife ordered a Morton's Salad and the lettuce was wilted and not crisp at all. My filet and one other that I know of were not prepared as requested. I asked for medium and it came closer to rare. A nice evening was had by all but the food left something to be desired. Especially at Morton"s prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spendy but worth pennylwallDined on 9/2/2014We were there early so it was very quiet. Good menu selections, a lot of variety. Our meals were prepared to perfection. Presentation and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special for anniversaryEdabDined on 8/31/2014We noted it was our anniversary on the reservation and they had our names on the menu with happy anniversary as well as glitter on the table. Wait staff was excellent Took our photo and gave us free dessert. Great for our special occasion restaurant is a little loud especially as we were near the kitchen. Food was excellent, even the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous birthday dinner!KarynCDined on 8/30/2014We came to eat before a show, and the staff did a great job accommodating our tight timeline - we got through a 3-course meal in under and hour, with wine! And with the birthday came a nice commemorative photo, and a free dessert - yeah! Thank you all for making it special.Special Features:
- Some disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014The steak and seafood dinners we had were outstanding, but our side vegetable dish was not cooked very well and served less than warm. I was also disappointed that our server never told us about a special that we were informed about via an email from Morton's until we asked about it. So as that you don't get the wrong impression this is the first time we came away from dinner feeling a bit disappointed as all the other times we have eaten there we were very satisfiedSpecial Features:
- Great Food / Poor ServiceGoodSteakDined on 8/29/2014Our server was hard to track down - he opened a very nice bottle of wind that we brought in, then never touched it after that, never poured a drop of it. Was nowhere to be found after our meals arrived, had to ask another server to find him as one of our sides did not come with the meal. I only gave it a "Fair" rating because the food was good.Special Features:
- Absolutely WonderfulZowwMeowwDined on 8/24/2014I went for my anniversary. When I got to the table confetti was sprinkled across it, and menus with our names were laid at our settings. The hostess even took our picture and gave us a matted copy :-) I had the crabcakes which were to die for and he had steak(dont remeber which one), but his face said it was delicious. Overall great experience for a casual and romatic celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebration dinner!LuvmygirlzDined on 8/23/2014We dined at this restaurant for a special occasion on Saturday. The service and staff were amazing! And of course ... The food was great as well. Would recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Very disappointed with the food. Lacking flavor and improper cooking (overdone steaks)...we were with special guests, so we held off on commenting and sending food back. I had bone in ribeye which was overcooked and bland, I personally cook a better, more flavorful at home any given night. The spinach was terrible. The $600 tab was way too high for such a meal and I truly wish we'd have gone to Alexanders instead of Mortons.
- LobsterCoachVIPDined on 8/22/2014The 2 lb lobster was outstanding as was the dessert which was a bonusSpecial Features:
- VincemorenoDined on 8/22/2014Great night for my son Tony Moreno's Birthday. The food was outstanding and the service was great. We had the 2lb lobsters...My 11 year old son was excitd about hi name being on the menu....Thanks for making his evening a nice ons.Special Features:
- Excellent Anniversary DinnermbrealDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary at Morton's and they did a great job catering to our needs. When we made our reservation, we stated it was for our anniversary and they had a special table waiting for us. There was anniversary motif on the table. We received a free anniversary dinner photo and a free desert. This was unexpected and very classy of Morton's. The steak and crab cakes were phenomenal. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTinmanDined on 8/5/2014We had dinner at Morton's on August 5. We arrived 15 minutes early and were immediately seated. The server were very helpful and attentive. My our meals were served to perfection. My porter house and my sons filet mignon were ordered medium well and they were done just right. And since it was my sons birthday we got a nice complementary photograph.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasions.MRSMMDined on 8/3/2014Been to Morton's several times in San Jose & San Francisco. Have never had a bad experience with the food or service. Romantic booths for two or large tables for a big group. Great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We arrived to see our table decorated with b'day decorations and a menu with my name on it.. Dinner was delicious. We had a cocktail so did not have wine. The cocktails were so good. The wait staff were impeccable in their service. We have not had that kind of service since visiting Chicago where waiting is a profession not just a job. Our dining lasted well over 2 hours and our car was waiting for us when we left. They paid such attention to every detail. Overall a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- ErnieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great reception by the entire staff from the bar to the dining table. They made us feel as we were the only guests present. Most enjoyable.Special Features:
- They made it specialPortugueseloveDined on 8/1/2014Morton's made us feel special for our anniversary. We had a table with Happy Anniversary Confetti on it, we had Special menus thats said Happy Anniversary And our names on it and we got a conplimentary Photo and Souflee for dessert. The Fiket Mignon tasted divine. Everyone was friendly and professional. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and QualityLoves2EatDined on 7/29/2014Morton's always outdoes itself with the level of quality of the meal and the service with which it is served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carrying on the tradition...SpecialOutingsDined on 7/21/2014Like the Morton's in San Francisco and Portland, the San Jose restaurant has excellent food, wonderful service, and pleasant ambiance. Would highly recommend for those looking to celebrate special occasions or intimate evenings.Special Features:
- Happy with our meal and serviceCoraVIPDined on 7/20/2014Sitting at table 55 - my usual table. We're greeted and seated promptly for our 7:15pm dinner Sunday nite. Dinning room was 60% full. Katheryn was our server - very friendly, proper and attentive. Appetizer - baked escargot and chilled seafood platter. Two glasses of Riesling. Main course - center cut rib eye steak and shrimp scampi capellini. Both cooked as we expected. We did not have dessert because we're just too full. We're happy with our meal and service. During our dinner, fire alarm went off and it took the building manager 10 min to turn it off. Katheryn was concerned for the interruption. A nice personal touch. Morton is not Alexander (which we go very often) since we live in Cupertino. I will recommned Morton to others :)Special Features:
- ShaunaDined on 7/20/2014The service was beyond excellent. Superior service. The cocktails were refreshing and different. The filet mignon was slightly overcooked around the edges. I ordered medium rare. I have had a better filet mignon at other restaurants. The mashed potato side was a generous portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodChrisMcDDined on 7/18/2014Food was great. There was a rather loud group in their group hall. Service was good but not that great. Took them a while to bring a few things. The place wasn't too romantic or classy but not horrible. Steaks and food were top notch though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKinnaDined on 7/17/2014I was very pleased with the restaurants food and service. I was disappointed when I used this service to reserve a table for a special night out with my 92 year old grandmother, all to find out that they didn’t have our reservations in the system when we arrived. Thank goodness we were there early for a 5:30 reservation as no customers were present to hear the 20 questions I received to ensure I truly did make the reservations for their restaurant, that date, that time, under that name, and of course I was asked if I reserved a table at the San Francisco location. I was truly embarrassed as my grandmother and I stood there not knowing if we would be seated or eating at that establishment. Next time I will reserve a table by phone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014We had a good dinner. Steaks cooked perfect.Very friendly service. A nice wine list also.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDougCDined on 7/16/2014A high end restaurant but well worth the price. The service people are extremely good. It is such a pleasant experience to go there.Special Features:
- Consistently goodPalleyDined on 7/15/2014I've been to Morton's all over the country and have never been disappointed. Exceptional quality control for a chain eatery.Special Features:
- Went for wedding anniversarygoodgrubDined on 7/13/2014We went for our wedding anniversary - looking for a nice quiet evening without the kids - we were greeted kindly by our hostess and shown to our booth (as requested in my reservation), as we sat down, sprinkled on the smartly pressed tablecloth were "Happy Anniversary" confetti - a nice touch. Personalized menus with our names were presented as were the current specials. My wife ordered the tuna tacos and I the center cut ribeye. While the purist would have ordered "bone in", I wasn't in the mood to work too hard this night. The ribeye was outstanding - broiled to order - I had now doubt it would arrive as order and i wasn't disappointed! I'd tell you about the tuna tacos, but who orders tacos at a steak house. My wife. Love Mortons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not worth itJustWalkerDined on 7/13/2014The food was only adequate, the service was slow but friendly, and the price is $$$. Nothing like the slick adds you see in the airline mags. The special occasion, was not so special after all.
- Romantic evening - checkInfrabillVIPDined on 7/12/2014The minute my wife and i entered the door, we felt like we were in a special place. the maitre d greeted us with a big smile and sat us at the perfect booth. The pre-dinner cocktails were yummy. I had a gin martini and my wife had the champagne cocktail. Then teh bread was super soft and warm with soft butter to accompany. we split the special bone in filet and had broccolini on the side with twice baked au gratin potatoes after the beefsteak and onion salad. After, we had a souffle for the first time. Wow. light and airy and not too sweet. We will be back when i get my next $50 check from Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionRickCDined on 7/12/2014Morton's in San Jose is a high end steakhouse that delivers. My NY steak was cooked to perfection as was my wife's double cut lamb chops. Waiter was very attentive and efficient. We celebrated an anniversary and the restaurant provided a specially written menu along with a picture and dessert. Just a few reasons we were made to feel special while at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOjodocDined on 7/10/2014Prime is noticeably better and the service is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014What a great place to celebrate! Not as stuffy as other Morton's locations. Nice laid back vibe yet very classy. Didn't grab the bartenders name but he really knows his bourbons. Clayton our waiter was super awesome. Thanks so much for making my bday awesome Morton's San JoseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014Consistently excellent food, drinks, and service. If you haven't been there, go! If you have been there, go again!Special Features: