Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
400 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4159865830
- Hours of Operation:
Visit our new Bar 12.21!
Bar: Daily at 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Francisco hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanfrancisco
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)notable wine list (73)romantic (66)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (39)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (19)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- caesarDined on 10/18/2014Thank you, Morton's of SF for making my daughter's birthday a special event. Special thanks to gal at front desk that night. Didn't catch her name but she was very friendly and accomodated our reservation time. Ruben was especially wonderful on that night. Steaks were excellent, as always. Only thing I would recommend is to have diners take a look at dessert menu BEFORE they eat so they know what takes a long time to prepare. Souffles I knew about but didn't know about the chocolate cake. Anyway, great experience, better dining.Special Features:
- What happened to Morton's??RcktDined on 10/17/2014This used to be one of our go to restaurants in San Francisco. Following its move from downstairs to upstairs it has declined tremendously. Once a quiet and cozy restaurant, it has become extremely frenetic and loud. We were so disappointed on our recent visit we will not return. The service was slow, the food just OK, and the ambiance terrible. We had one of our favorite past desserts, the lemon soufflé, which now is marginal at best. Instead of putting the cream sauce in the soufflé and serving it with delicious whipped cream, the soufflé was split on two plates with a small side of sauce. Very unacceptable experience given the high cost of dining here.
- Awesome Bar MenuMrsTocciVIPDined on 10/16/2014We originally went in for dinner and decided to stay in the bar. They had a great Happy Hour and the food, as usual, was amazing.Special Features:
- Good food, but pricey and pushyBelgianfinaleDined on 10/12/2014Our group of 16 diners (accommodated nicely at a single, long banquet table in a black-walled and windowless downstairs room -- therefore quiet, at least, but without view of an open kitchen) ordering a la carte, did not appreciate being presented with menus sans any prices (is this standard procedure without asking?) or being rather bullied into ordering plated appetizers at an undisclosed price of $26 a head. We quickly cancelled that order and insisted on menus with full price information, which were pomptly provided. The food was attractively presented and delicious, but a sour taste remained from the initial presumptions by the officious and apparently harried wait staff. This was a single occasion on a Sunday evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as beforebuttonDined on 10/11/2014Went for the tomahawk steak and asked for it well done. Came onto table still pink. Waiter kindly sent it back but wasn't too impressed with it. Much better steakhouses out there. Majority of steaks were 16oz which can be too much for most people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMikeVIPDined on 10/9/2014We arrived hungry and eager to try a steakhouse none of the 4 of us had ever tried. We ordered a nice bottle of wine, selected our steaks and sides. So far so good. The wine arrived, as did our bread for the table in good time, despite the fact that they were fairly busy. All was good. The problem started when our meal arrived. Everything was delivered as ordered, steaks cooked to perfection, but everything was Luke warm at best. We started eating and when the waiter came by to check on us, I told him that everything was fine except the fact that it wasn't hot. He kind of shrugged and left. Nothing was ever said as far as an explanation or apology. So, needless to say, we won't be returning to Morton's...Special Features:
- don't bother making a reservationMHO23Dined on 10/8/2014Made a reservation, called in to make a customized menu for girlfriends birthday, arrived on time, was seated in a tiny table, whereas other parties with 2 people got bigger tables. No custom menu I called in to make, table was tiny parties on both side of table were loud, barely able to hear my date talk. Food was good but I would never go here again. It's just the hype.Special Features:
- Awesome foodIloveSFDined on 10/7/2014Excellent food and service. Celebrated a birthday! Morton's took a pic with their camera, enlarged it and matted it and delivered it with a delicious lemon souffle, on the house! We ate in the dining room but their bar menu is also amazing. The game (Giants) was on and the bar was packed.Special Features:
- Great food, por serviceRammszacDined on 10/5/2014Te food Was great, but the service was not the best. I have to ask 2 or 3 times for the thinks. They bring the entrees and dont give us a dishes. I feel ignoredSpecial Features:
- What a disappointment !NotthistimeDined on 9/28/2014When a restaurant of this reputation gets it so wrong, one has to wonder how they ever earned the misplaced reputation. Server was inattentive and in a hurry when he did stop at table. Food was wrong twice and they didn't care and manager equally didn't care. Food quality ( when we did get to eat) was substandard and certainly not worth the price being charged. I eat at other Morton's all the time, so it is a local management issue.
- DisappointedAdamDined on 9/27/2014Honestly was very disappointed with the quality of service and food as well. For the amount of money that I paid for this meal I really felt ripped off. I don't mind eating at expensive restaurants because I expect a certain caliber of service and quality of food in return. Unfortunately, I didn't get that from my experience here. To start off it took over 5 minutes for our waiter to even acknowledge us at the table. Then once we ordered drinks we asked for some bread. Once our waiter returned with our drinks he forgot the bread and I kindly had to ask another server if he could bring us some.My girlfriends shrimp wasn't properly cleaned and she had to do it herself. On top of that our waiter brought out the wrong sides that we ordered.Special Features:
- DisappointingBoyzmomDined on 9/27/2014We were pretty disappointed with Morton's. For the cost, the food was average. In comparison to Ruth's Chris, Morton's pales. We went to Morton's for our son's birthday, and I will say that they really made him feel special. They took our picture at the table for us to bring home, and he received a free dessert. But, we were seated by the kitchen door, the food arrived on cold plates (Ruth's Chris heats theirs), and we ordered asparagus as one of our sides and our waitress didn't bother to tell us that three of our meals came with asparagus already on the plate. The au gratin potatoes and mac and cheese were pretty greasy. After walking out having paid over $400 for a very average meal, we decided that we will not be going back.
- Morton's Never Fails to ExcelJimmyJohnDined on 9/26/2014We had a great four person evening again at Morton's for my wife's birthday. We enjoyed a bottle of Champagne at the bar before dinner and were promptly seated and showered with attention from wait staff. The food was exceptional, the location central in San Francisco Union Square area and the service was impeccable, even down to personalized menus.Special Features:
- Never disappointsMnM94533Dined on 9/26/2014Always makes our special occasion special!!.., the food is outstanding as usual... My husband will never find s bone in rib eye quite like this elsewhere... And I'm still dreaming of my mouthwatering Chilean sea bass!... The sides were not just sides... They truly complement our meal.. Brussels sprouts so perfectly tasty... Au gratin potatoes rich and yummy... Dessert never failed too.. Best light lemon soufflé and rich chocolate lava cake were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceSFNativeDined on 9/25/2014Our waiter was superb and very attentive to all our needs. the service was sterling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If quality is priorityWaldoDined on 9/24/2014Good food;pricey; service was attentive and considerate. Every need was meet with a smile. The quality of the food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Steak orderbeniospitDined on 9/19/2014I had ordered a steak (don't exactly remember which one) and had asked medium red. It turned out the meat was over cooked. The fries were very nice although I do miss the thicker fries...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three Times In One YeardrewhomDined on 9/17/2014I had dinner three times this year alone. Once for Easter dinner. The second and third time to celebrate birthdays. It was fantastic! Everyone working the floor is very attentive and helpful. You are greeted with a warm smile. Everyone has a great sense of humor and are very friendly. My girlfriend made a comment during dinner (which was 2 days ago) she inquired: "Do they mess up on anything?" I laughed in response. I said "No" It's always perfect at Morton's. After dinner we both enjoyed the rest of our evening by doing a little shopping.Special Features:
- Fantastic!NotthesameVIPDined on 9/13/2014Simply a great experience. The Surf n Turf included was well balanced including a tender filet, shrimp, scallops wrapped in bacon and asparagus. The chocolate soufflé topped off a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDined on 9/13/2014My New york steak was full of Grisle.I expected a better cut of meatSpecial Features:
- Overall very positiveScheri76Dined on 9/13/2014This was my second visit to Morton's and I was not as impressed as the first time. The food was great, wine was good, service was ok, but I had higher expectations.Special Features:
- Good but not greatDinersDined on 9/13/2014Meat was very good but the side dishes were lacking. The ginger-politan was a delightful surprise but over priced ($15). They comped a lemon souffle for dessert, which was kind of them. Unfortunately, it didn't have much flavor or character. For a bill of $213.00, we were disappointed, all-in-all.
- Great SteakeddyfayDined on 9/9/2014Very good meat quality, well cooked. Salads and fries very good as well. Always a guarantee of great dining.Special Features:
- Thanks for a great meal! :)Jabes24Dined on 9/8/2014Had a great time as a first time diner :) The Bone-In Ribeye was absolutely amazing and Nicole was awesome. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not coming back.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Been in San Francisco for a week. My only regret was going here for dinner one night. Overpriced steaks that weren't that good. Spent over $200 for two people. My wife and I spent half that for a better meal in a whole in the wall Italian restaraunt. Your definitely paying for a name here.Special Features:
- Excellent each time!MYChinaSFVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great dinner, as always. The service was wonderful - our server Andrew is very attentive and friendly. Food is delicious and the portions are huge. Don't forget about dessert! They amazing too!Special Features:
- Best steak in San FranciscoFompaDined on 9/3/2014This Steakhouse knows how to serve a New York Strip! I can recommend a visit to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Delightful Anniversary!DateNightVIPDined on 9/3/2014Morton's always excels at serving great food with style, but they also personalize the experience of celebrating a special occasion. We were warmly greeted and led to our table, which was decorated for our anniversary and set with personalized menus. We were also given a photograph to commemorate the occasion along with a complimentary lemon souffle (delicious!). After such a special evening, the manager contacted us the next day to be sure we were pleased with the experience. We will definitely return for another celebration. The San Francisco location also offers convenient valet parking.Special Features:
- poor tablegoodfoodgoodwineDined on 8/31/2014Even with many tables available, we were directed to a table next to a VERY busy aisle. All through our meal, it seems every server and busser in the place had to walk by our table. It does not matter how polite they are or how often I hear "Excuse me" it was unacceptable and ruined the occasion (our anniversary).
- Only nit picky things to say5starcriticDined on 8/30/2014Overall dining at Morton's has always been nothing but the finest luxury for my fiancé and I. This time, there were a few things that left me asking for a portion of my $200 back. First off where we were seated was nothing shy of just plain awkward. It was a setup somewhat like Cheesecake Factory where it's one long booth with several tables and chairs all the way down. It leaves you seated uncomfortably close to the people next to you. Other than that my glass was dirty when we sat down which out server apologized for. And half way through the meal we notice a huge stain on the ever so talked about "white tablecloth" Other than that our experience was nothing shy of what's expected when dining in the booming city of San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Came for my anniversary. it was delicious, special, and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Server was great. Huge staff that seemed more than willing to help out at each other's tables. Having out photo taken and printed in the same evening was over the top awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pspcaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Service at this Morton's location is always on the spot !! Very professional service and great food !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NonietoDJVIPDined on 8/26/2014A party of ten gregarious people were seated next to us and the noise level was so loud our elderly dining companion could not hear our tables discussion without us leaning across the table and speaking extremely loud. The food was truly mediocre especially for the price. It took 15 minutes for us to get our coffee and we were never offered a refill.Special Features:
- birthday celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Morton's is a great restaurant in it's own right, but the special attention for birthdays was impressive. They print the menu with a personalized birthday message, decorate the table with confetti, and provided a yummy complementary birthday souffle. The service was impeccable. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- Nothing special at all.OvveratedDined on 8/23/2014For the price u pay for a Prime rib u would expect a overall better quality price if meat not fat. Sides where great, didn't think the best thing at a steakhouse would be the dessert overall. It's off the bucket list but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- excellent foodFrankDined on 8/22/2014As traditiin expensive but great food, specially the stakes, the ambience and the service up to the qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnermonkeyDined on 8/19/2014Went for my birthday. Food was phenomenal, service was good. They came and took our photo for a keepsake (complementary) and I also received a lemon souffle with a lit candle for my birthday, which was small but enough for 2. A manager stopped by the table to be sure everything was to our satisfaction, and a manager called me the next day to ask about my experience. We took home leftovers and nothing was missing. This shouldn't be a thing, but it is. TWICE now another high-end steak house has failed to give me my butter for my leftover lobster, despite my asking for it and stating that I don't have it at home, so this was a pretty big thing to me!Special Features:
- see you soonTizapanoDined on 8/18/2014they made me feel special on my bday i would recommend and we will be backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Very poor service. When we were seated, we ordered drinks. The waiter came back 10 mins later to take our dinner order and hadn't bought out drinks. When our drinks did arrive, the waiter had the wrong wine for me so he had to take it back. I asked for bread which everyone around us had while waiting for their dinner. Our waiter said of course and then didn't bring our bread until he brought our dinners. This may all sound minor but when you pay $200 for dinner, you expect better. We would not go there again. There should be better service for that price.