Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
400 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4159865830
- Hours of Operation:
Visit our new Bar 12.21!
Bar: Daily at 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Francisco hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanfrancisco
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Union Square ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)romantic (65)notable wine list (61)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (34)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (16)late-night find (15)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Steak orderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I had ordered a steak (don't exactly remember which one) and had asked medium red. It turned out the meat was over cooked. The fries were very nice although I do miss the thicker fries...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three Times In One YearOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I had dinner three times this year alone. Once for Easter dinner. The second and third time to celebrate birthdays. It was fantastic! Everyone working the floor is very attentive and helpful. You are greeted with a warm smile. Everyone has a great sense of humor and are very friendly. My girlfriend made a comment during dinner (which was 2 days ago) she inquired: "Do they mess up on anything?" I laughed in response. I said "No" It's always perfect at Morton's. After dinner we both enjoyed the rest of our evening by doing a little shopping.Special Features:
- Fantastic!NotthesameVIPDined on 9/13/2014Simply a great experience. The Surf n Turf included was well balanced including a tender filet, shrimp, scallops wrapped in bacon and asparagus. The chocolate soufflé topped off a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDined on 9/13/2014My New york steak was full of Grisle.I expected a better cut of meatSpecial Features:
- Overall very positiveScheri76Dined on 9/13/2014This was my second visit to Morton's and I was not as impressed as the first time. The food was great, wine was good, service was ok, but I had higher expectations.Special Features:
- Good but not greatDinersDined on 9/13/2014Meat was very good but the side dishes were lacking. The ginger-politan was a delightful surprise but over priced ($15). They comped a lemon souffle for dessert, which was kind of them. Unfortunately, it didn't have much flavor or character. For a bill of $213.00, we were disappointed, all-in-all.
- Great SteakeddyfayDined on 9/9/2014Very good meat quality, well cooked. Salads and fries very good as well. Always a guarantee of great dining.Special Features:
- Thanks for a great meal! :)Jabes24Dined on 9/8/2014Had a great time as a first time diner :) The Bone-In Ribeye was absolutely amazing and Nicole was awesome. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not coming back.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Been in San Francisco for a week. My only regret was going here for dinner one night. Overpriced steaks that weren't that good. Spent over $200 for two people. My wife and I spent half that for a better meal in a whole in the wall Italian restaraunt. Your definitely paying for a name here.Special Features:
- Best steak in San FranciscoFompaDined on 9/3/2014This Steakhouse knows how to serve a New York Strip! I can recommend a visit to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Delightful Anniversary!DateNightVIPDined on 9/3/2014Morton's always excels at serving great food with style, but they also personalize the experience of celebrating a special occasion. We were warmly greeted and led to our table, which was decorated for our anniversary and set with personalized menus. We were also given a photograph to commemorate the occasion along with a complimentary lemon souffle (delicious!). After such a special evening, the manager contacted us the next day to be sure we were pleased with the experience. We will definitely return for another celebration. The San Francisco location also offers convenient valet parking.Special Features:
- poor tablegoodfoodgoodwineDined on 8/31/2014Even with many tables available, we were directed to a table next to a VERY busy aisle. All through our meal, it seems every server and busser in the place had to walk by our table. It does not matter how polite they are or how often I hear "Excuse me" it was unacceptable and ruined the occasion (our anniversary).
- Only nit picky things to say5starcriticDined on 8/30/2014Overall dining at Morton's has always been nothing but the finest luxury for my fiancé and I. This time, there were a few things that left me asking for a portion of my $200 back. First off where we were seated was nothing shy of just plain awkward. It was a setup somewhat like Cheesecake Factory where it's one long booth with several tables and chairs all the way down. It leaves you seated uncomfortably close to the people next to you. Other than that my glass was dirty when we sat down which out server apologized for. And half way through the meal we notice a huge stain on the ever so talked about "white tablecloth" Other than that our experience was nothing shy of what's expected when dining in the booming city of San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Came for my anniversary. it was delicious, special, and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Server was great. Huge staff that seemed more than willing to help out at each other's tables. Having out photo taken and printed in the same evening was over the top awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pspcaDined on 8/29/2014Service at this Morton's location is always on the spot !! Very professional service and great food !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NonietoDJVIPDined on 8/26/2014A party of ten gregarious people were seated next to us and the noise level was so loud our elderly dining companion could not hear our tables discussion without us leaning across the table and speaking extremely loud. The food was truly mediocre especially for the price. It took 15 minutes for us to get our coffee and we were never offered a refill.Special Features:
- birthday celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Morton's is a great restaurant in it's own right, but the special attention for birthdays was impressive. They print the menu with a personalized birthday message, decorate the table with confetti, and provided a yummy complementary birthday souffle. The service was impeccable. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- Nothing special at all.OvveratedDined on 8/23/2014For the price u pay for a Prime rib u would expect a overall better quality price if meat not fat. Sides where great, didn't think the best thing at a steakhouse would be the dessert overall. It's off the bucket list but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- excellent foodFrankDined on 8/22/2014As traditiin expensive but great food, specially the stakes, the ambience and the service up to the qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnermonkeyDined on 8/19/2014Went for my birthday. Food was phenomenal, service was good. They came and took our photo for a keepsake (complementary) and I also received a lemon souffle with a lit candle for my birthday, which was small but enough for 2. A manager stopped by the table to be sure everything was to our satisfaction, and a manager called me the next day to ask about my experience. We took home leftovers and nothing was missing. This shouldn't be a thing, but it is. TWICE now another high-end steak house has failed to give me my butter for my leftover lobster, despite my asking for it and stating that I don't have it at home, so this was a pretty big thing to me!Special Features:
- see you soonTizapanoDined on 8/18/2014they made me feel special on my bday i would recommend and we will be backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Very poor service. When we were seated, we ordered drinks. The waiter came back 10 mins later to take our dinner order and hadn't bought out drinks. When our drinks did arrive, the waiter had the wrong wine for me so he had to take it back. I asked for bread which everyone around us had while waiting for their dinner. Our waiter said of course and then didn't bring our bread until he brought our dinners. This may all sound minor but when you pay $200 for dinner, you expect better. We would not go there again. There should be better service for that price.
- Not Great food great serviceFoody24Dined on 8/16/2014This place rates it self as a high end steak house. The food was ok at best. We ordered the filet which was cooked to perfection and was flavorful. Also we also had brussel sprouts which were very bitter and undercooked, we could not eat them. The lyonnasise potatoes were just home fries, good but were not classic lyonnasise potatoes. They still were good but a disappointment. Also we asked if the salad was large enough to share and was told it was not that big, when it came it was huge and two could have shared it for sure. The service was good but the food was mediocre at best. This had been a place we had wanted to go to but now having had been we would not go back. A major disappointment for sure.
- Outstanding!on2vacaDined on 8/16/2014Morton's made my birthday an outstanding occasion with decorating the table and personalizing the menu to me! The Steaks were awesome, the garlic mashed potatoes were very good, but the asparagus, I've had better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014I have really nothing bad to say. We went there before attending MoTown the Muscial. The waiter was amazing, he truly was attentive and exceeding our expecatations. The only 1 negative, my mother ordered a bloody mary and took only 1 sip, it was not to her liking. We had the waiter take it away. She ordered another drink. Our bill was over $700 and was just a little surprised we were charged for the bloody mary. I know we ordered it, but was just a little surpised. Other then that the meal was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent, and good as any MortonsEATS4BB3VIPDined on 8/14/2014I have been to a few different Morton's Steakhouses, and I am pleased to say CONSISTENCY is a GOOD thing. I took a friend for our 30th FRIENDSHIP ANNIVERSARY, she was surprised, thought the 30yr friendship menu was about Morton's and the confetti was left over from the previous diner!!! It was a HOOT!!! The Mac-N-Bacon,Onion,Cheese; the Bacon wrapped Sea Scallops; Lobster Bisque; Filet Mixed Grill; and the Steamed Broccoli were all great. The Lemon Souffle (on the house) was a nice touch, another good meal the next day. The Cajun Ribeye was NOT up to Morton's standards, so the food does not get the fifth star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerRogerDined on 8/9/2014Terrible experience! We set reservations up 4 months ago,special 65 birthday dinner with 10 family members, had the local Mortons call to re confirm our time and purpose, I talked to the restaurant that day to verify the reservations, when we arrived we were told it would 5 minutes to put together, well it took them 35 min. to put together and it is now 10:05 p.m. Host was very surly, said sorry in insincere way and brushed us off, The food was over cooked , dry vegetables, soufflé was dry and tasteless.
- Shouldn't have changed the souffleDissapointmentDined on 8/9/2014Morton's has changed their souffle! This has always been my favorite thing to top off dinner! I asked their manager if this was a company wide change. (she really did not care.) She told me yes... 'It changed two months ago." This may have ruined Morton's for me completely. I probably will not go back. To many good steak houses out there! Mastro's may not have a souffle but they may now have my business! I will always miss the old souffle at Morton's.
- Mortons'sMortonsDined on 8/9/2014We love going here for special occasions such as our wedding anniversary. This last visit marked our our 31st Anniversary and our 4th time celebrating at Morton's. We've even brought our teenage kids here as well as friends. I would not recommend bringing children.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014I agree with a lot of the other reviews that this place is overpriced for what you get. My entree was prepared well (petite filet mignon+grilled shrimp+bacon-wrapped scallops), but the mashed potatoes were made from a box mix. We had a good server. There are plenty of other places in San Francisco where you can get a comparable meal in an equally nice place for half the price.Special Features:
- Bad steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The steak was just not great! The potato was not that good. For the price, go somewhere else. Trust me it is not worth it. One word - avoid!
- Amazing Evening!KRodgersforlife1Dined on 8/5/2014We visited Morton's Steakhouse to celebrate my husband's 30th Birthday. When I called to confirm our reservations, the hostess asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and asked for my husband's name. They created a custom menu for us with his name along with a kind birthday wish. The food was delicious and filling! The wine list was also impressive. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't all thatYuupppppDined on 8/2/2014I like to take my family out to eat at fine dining restraunts when we get a chance so I thought this would be the place since we were staying in the city. I've eaten at Mortons in Anaheim when I tool my family to Disneyland and this place was not the same by far. From the service to the food it was a huge disappointment. I ordered the filet medium and it came out well done and when I told the server he tried to tell me that it was medium. I know what had happened, we ( my wife, sister in law and myself) ordered the same plate and when they brought it out they didn't check. By the time we figured it out it was a little to late to swap plates so I dealt with it. It wasn't all that but the Morton's in Anaheim was fantastic.Special Features:
- great birthdaybirthdayDined on 8/1/2014Your staff and servers treated me so special. The menu had my name on it. They took a picture of me and my date for keeping. The whole evening was like magic. The steak was outstanding. The martinis were delicious. Great Job.Special Features:
- Exceeded Expectationscjm2124Dined on 7/29/2014Dining at Morton's in San Francisco was one of the best restaurant experiences I've had in years. The service was exceptional: personal, well paced, informative. Drink options, including wine, were plentiful. The food was incredible, best steak I've ever had. Ambiance was perfect for an up-scale steakhouse (aside from some customers wearing jeans and T-shirts; it's a nice place folks, wear slacks and a dress shirt).Special Features:
- Mortons reputationFrescatiDined on 7/26/2014Unfortunately the food was very average and very over priced. I have eaten at Mortons in Chicargo and Singapore and they were good. Mortons San Francisco was poor. My steak was very average and tough. Sides were very bad, potatoe dry and overlooked. Sorry I have had much better steak at better prices else where. I will not be back
- Staff, Food & Experience was Great!EMBARRASSEDDined on 7/23/2014Not often do you have the professionalism, in a bustling, large restaurant from start to finish. We had a party of 8 & our table was not ready, (few of our party were running late, anyway)so they put two tables together in the bar, right away so we could start with drinks & had great service while waiting. Cynthia Mgr. kept giving us updates as to our table, which was appreciated. Lily was fun, friendly & helpful with our questions about the menu. The pace of service, was not too slow, nor were we rushed, so we could enjoy an evening with Special Friends. Filet was a perfect med-rare. The Quality of the meat, fish, veg & bread was what I paid for & got that & more, being the staff all around made for a memorable dining experience for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewNoraVIPDined on 7/23/2014Disappointed the dinner wasn't as good as my last visits. Bread was not warm and didn't seem to be properly baked through. I was not asked to have my filet mignon butterflied and even then it was not medium well but medium rate and tasted dry. Bacon wrapped scallops and grilled shrimp were quite good. Hot chocolate cake and creme brulee were very good. The booth they gave my husband and I for a birthday celebration was a lovely touch and the complimentary photo was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stuartVIPDined on 7/23/2014por, poor, poor slipped because of something but i can't put my finger on it but i will not be going backSpecial Features: