Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
400 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4159865830
- Hours of Operation:
Visit our new Bar 12.21!
Bar: Daily at 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Francisco hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanfrancisco
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Union Square ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)romantic (61)notable wine list (52)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (33)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (17)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (3)Show More
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/19/2014Went for my birthday. Food was phenomenal, service was good. They came and took our photo for a keepsake (complementary) and I also received a lemon souffle with a lit candle for my birthday, which was small but enough for 2. A manager stopped by the table to be sure everything was to our satisfaction, and a manager called me the next day to ask about my experience. We took home leftovers and nothing was missing. This shouldn't be a thing, but it is. TWICE now another high-end steak house has failed to give me my butter for my leftover lobster, despite my asking for it and stating that I don't have it at home, so this was a pretty big thing to me!Special Features:
- see you soonTizapanoDined on 8/18/2014they made me feel special on my bday i would recommend and we will be backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Very poor service. When we were seated, we ordered drinks. The waiter came back 10 mins later to take our dinner order and hadn't bought out drinks. When our drinks did arrive, the waiter had the wrong wine for me so he had to take it back. I asked for bread which everyone around us had while waiting for their dinner. Our waiter said of course and then didn't bring our bread until he brought our dinners. This may all sound minor but when you pay $200 for dinner, you expect better. We would not go there again. There should be better service for that price.
- Not Great food great serviceFoody24Dined on 8/16/2014This place rates it self as a high end steak house. The food was ok at best. We ordered the filet which was cooked to perfection and was flavorful. Also we also had brussel sprouts which were very bitter and undercooked, we could not eat them. The lyonnasise potatoes were just home fries, good but were not classic lyonnasise potatoes. They still were good but a disappointment. Also we asked if the salad was large enough to share and was told it was not that big, when it came it was huge and two could have shared it for sure. The service was good but the food was mediocre at best. This had been a place we had wanted to go to but now having had been we would not go back. A major disappointment for sure.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Morton's made my birthday an outstanding occasion with decorating the table and personalizing the menu to me! The Steaks were awesome, the garlic mashed potatoes were very good, but the asparagus, I've had better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014I have really nothing bad to say. We went there before attending MoTown the Muscial. The waiter was amazing, he truly was attentive and exceeding our expecatations. The only 1 negative, my mother ordered a bloody mary and took only 1 sip, it was not to her liking. We had the waiter take it away. She ordered another drink. Our bill was over $700 and was just a little surprised we were charged for the bloody mary. I know we ordered it, but was just a little surpised. Other then that the meal was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent, and good as any MortonsEATS4BB3VIPDined on 8/14/2014I have been to a few different Morton's Steakhouses, and I am pleased to say CONSISTENCY is a GOOD thing. I took a friend for our 30th FRIENDSHIP ANNIVERSARY, she was surprised, thought the 30yr friendship menu was about Morton's and the confetti was left over from the previous diner!!! It was a HOOT!!! The Mac-N-Bacon,Onion,Cheese; the Bacon wrapped Sea Scallops; Lobster Bisque; Filet Mixed Grill; and the Steamed Broccoli were all great. The Lemon Souffle (on the house) was a nice touch, another good meal the next day. The Cajun Ribeye was NOT up to Morton's standards, so the food does not get the fifth star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerRogerDined on 8/9/2014Terrible experience! We set reservations up 4 months ago,special 65 birthday dinner with 10 family members, had the local Mortons call to re confirm our time and purpose, I talked to the restaurant that day to verify the reservations, when we arrived we were told it would 5 minutes to put together, well it took them 35 min. to put together and it is now 10:05 p.m. Host was very surly, said sorry in insincere way and brushed us off, The food was over cooked , dry vegetables, soufflé was dry and tasteless.
- Shouldn't have changed the souffleDissapointmentDined on 8/9/2014Morton's has changed their souffle! This has always been my favorite thing to top off dinner! I asked their manager if this was a company wide change. (she really did not care.) She told me yes... 'It changed two months ago." This may have ruined Morton's for me completely. I probably will not go back. To many good steak houses out there! Mastro's may not have a souffle but they may now have my business! I will always miss the old souffle at Morton's.
- Mortons'sMortonsDined on 8/9/2014We love going here for special occasions such as our wedding anniversary. This last visit marked our our 31st Anniversary and our 4th time celebrating at Morton's. We've even brought our teenage kids here as well as friends. I would not recommend bringing children.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014I agree with a lot of the other reviews that this place is overpriced for what you get. My entree was prepared well (petite filet mignon+grilled shrimp+bacon-wrapped scallops), but the mashed potatoes were made from a box mix. We had a good server. There are plenty of other places in San Francisco where you can get a comparable meal in an equally nice place for half the price.Special Features:
- Bad steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The steak was just not great! The potato was not that good. For the price, go somewhere else. Trust me it is not worth it. One word - avoid!
- Amazing Evening!KRodgersforlife1Dined on 8/5/2014We visited Morton's Steakhouse to celebrate my husband's 30th Birthday. When I called to confirm our reservations, the hostess asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and asked for my husband's name. They created a custom menu for us with his name along with a kind birthday wish. The food was delicious and filling! The wine list was also impressive. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't all thatYuupppppDined on 8/2/2014I like to take my family out to eat at fine dining restraunts when we get a chance so I thought this would be the place since we were staying in the city. I've eaten at Mortons in Anaheim when I tool my family to Disneyland and this place was not the same by far. From the service to the food it was a huge disappointment. I ordered the filet medium and it came out well done and when I told the server he tried to tell me that it was medium. I know what had happened, we ( my wife, sister in law and myself) ordered the same plate and when they brought it out they didn't check. By the time we figured it out it was a little to late to swap plates so I dealt with it. It wasn't all that but the Morton's in Anaheim was fantastic.Special Features:
- great birthdaybirthdayDined on 8/1/2014Your staff and servers treated me so special. The menu had my name on it. They took a picture of me and my date for keeping. The whole evening was like magic. The steak was outstanding. The martinis were delicious. Great Job.Special Features:
- Exceeded Expectationscjm2124Dined on 7/29/2014Dining at Morton's in San Francisco was one of the best restaurant experiences I've had in years. The service was exceptional: personal, well paced, informative. Drink options, including wine, were plentiful. The food was incredible, best steak I've ever had. Ambiance was perfect for an up-scale steakhouse (aside from some customers wearing jeans and T-shirts; it's a nice place folks, wear slacks and a dress shirt).Special Features:
- Mortons reputationFrescatiDined on 7/26/2014Unfortunately the food was very average and very over priced. I have eaten at Mortons in Chicargo and Singapore and they were good. Mortons San Francisco was poor. My steak was very average and tough. Sides were very bad, potatoe dry and overlooked. Sorry I have had much better steak at better prices else where. I will not be back
- Staff, Food & Experience was Great!EMBARRASSEDDined on 7/23/2014Not often do you have the professionalism, in a bustling, large restaurant from start to finish. We had a party of 8 & our table was not ready, (few of our party were running late, anyway)so they put two tables together in the bar, right away so we could start with drinks & had great service while waiting. Cynthia Mgr. kept giving us updates as to our table, which was appreciated. Lily was fun, friendly & helpful with our questions about the menu. The pace of service, was not too slow, nor were we rushed, so we could enjoy an evening with Special Friends. Filet was a perfect med-rare. The Quality of the meat, fish, veg & bread was what I paid for & got that & more, being the staff all around made for a memorable dining experience for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewNoraVIPDined on 7/23/2014Disappointed the dinner wasn't as good as my last visits. Bread was not warm and didn't seem to be properly baked through. I was not asked to have my filet mignon butterflied and even then it was not medium well but medium rate and tasted dry. Bacon wrapped scallops and grilled shrimp were quite good. Hot chocolate cake and creme brulee were very good. The booth they gave my husband and I for a birthday celebration was a lovely touch and the complimentary photo was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stuartVIPDined on 7/23/2014por, poor, poor slipped because of something but i can't put my finger on it but i will not be going backSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Everything was perfect. The food the service and just very sweet and kind staff. From the sparkles on the table to the soufflé and the picture they took of us. Who does that anymore? The food was the best!!Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experience!FrankFromMarinDined on 7/19/2014Delicious food, attentive service, and extensive wine list all make Morton's a real find. A great destination for romance or a just a very satisfying meal! Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Underwhelming. Expected way more for the prices they charge, the steak was average at best. Nothing special I would try somewhere else fro steak next time I'm in San Fransisco,Special Features:
- Greedily Overpriced--Average FareOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014This restaurant is all about making the owners wealthy. Most of the steaks run well over $70 including one veggie and a sauce. They even charge $10 for their house water! Wouldn't be so extravagant if the steaks were truly outstanding, but they are very ordinary--bland and slightly overcooked.
- Excellent FoodBaltasarBrazilDined on 7/15/2014I simply love this place... Since the first time I came to SFO I went to this amazing place and felt on Love... The menu have excellent options and the wine list is complete with honestly prices... The meat came to the table in a perfect way and taste really good...Special Features:
- Great Steakjack101Dined on 7/15/2014We had great rib-eye steaks, Macaronic & Cheese, Caesar Salad and glass of Merlot. The service was excellent and look forward to eating there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialDined on 7/13/2014it was fabulous it was our anniversary and we were very very happy with the service, our menu's had our names on the and said happy anniversary at the topSpecial Features:
- Warm and Sophusticated!MichelleSFDined on 7/5/2014My boyfriend is a huge steak fan so I got us a dinner reservation at Morton's for his birthday. We had an awesome dining experience! The ambiance was consistently smooth from start to finish. Albert greeted us with a welcoming smile and made us felt at ease just with a brief conversation as he discussed the approximate wait for out preferred. Special thanks to Clarence (the Restaurant Manager, I believe) for the awesome experience! The accommodation was quite impressive! They gave us an awesome table, personalized our menu, and I most especially appreciated that the decanted our favorite bottle of wine! Thanks for the awesome evening, Morton! We will see you agin very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014We visited on the 4th of July. The restaurant was busy, but not overly so. We were promptly seated and all of the staff were very friendly. They even took a picture of us and printed it up in a small holder since it was our anniversary, which was a nice touch. The food was cooked as ordered, and very tasty. Everything is a la carte, FYI... but we didn't mind. This is a place to go if you want beef for sure, they have some sea food and chicken, but not a large selection. The cork-fee for your own bottle of wine is $29. We would go here again if we were nearby. 1 cork-fee for our bottle of wine, bottled still water, 2 steak entree's, 2 salads and 1 veggie side dish to share was $218 which was reasonable.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMoose8842Dined on 7/4/2014I have been to a number of Morton's restaurants in the US but this particular experience was special. The staff were amazing. From Chris the bartender to Jordan the waiter, the fill-in sommilier and the Maitre'd everyone was fantastic and made the experience personal. The food was great, if there was any one ding it would be that my steak was not cooked perfect - but there are a lot of moving parts in making things perfect each time - and the service totally made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation Dining TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014We wanted to treat our family of 5 to a quality meal at Morton's, and we were not disappointed. The service and food were fantastic. They prepared personalized 'Happy Birthday' menu titles for our 9 year old, along with confetti on the table. The server was very friendly and knowledgeable - we were extremely satisfied!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choose bar over dining roomMaryfromCODined on 7/1/2014Since I was alone I chose to sit in the bar instead of the dining room. Food was great and all cooked to perfection. Bartender was attentive and made great drinks. They have a late night happy hour starting at 9 PM where you can get deals on small bite plates. Next time I would do this over full dinner.Special Features:
- Morton's is Perfection... plated.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2014I loved everything about my dining experience at Morton's. The customer service is superb, the food is delicious, and the ambiance is beautiful. I recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServicejrenderDined on 6/28/2014The food was great, but the service was amazing! My wife and I came to Morton's to celebrate our 1st anniversary. I had let them know via open table what the occasion was. The day of our reservation, they called and asked me what my wife's name was and how to spell it. Our table was an intimate booth along the back wall (as requested). They had special menu's printed with our names and the occasion, and happy anniversary confetti on the table. Our server, Luis, must be a psychic, as he was there as soon as we realized we needed him, but far away when we didn't. All in all, this was an excellent experience and we will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's over French LaundryRandytDined on 6/27/2014Micheal Bauer was not fair to Morton's, did not even rate the steaks, which they are in business for, not chicken and salmon!! Yet he rates French Laundry a 4 star when they charge $100 extra if you want a 2 ounce steak($800/lb.) instead of ham for their over-rated $300 lunch and they can't even make a martini. Give me a break, I can get 8 fillets and a martini at Morton's for that money. I recently have eaten at both restaurants, and if offered a free meal at either, would select Morton's!!Special Features:
- Marilyn's 60thLindaVIPDined on 6/27/2014We were celebrating my niece's 60th birthday. Morton's had a one day special on Maine lobster. We each had one. Outstanding!! The food and service were out of this world. The birthday picture Morton's took shows each of us holding up a lobster.Special Features:
- Mortons Please Fix This LocationEatOutOftenDined on 6/27/2014Morton's is my favorite steak house. I do not know why, but this San Francisco location is always sub-standard for Morton's. I had their special 2 lb. lobster special which was overcooked (no big deal) but I also ordered the NY Steak which was (as usual) disappointing. Instead of the nice browning I am used to at other locations, the outside was soft, grey, and almost white. Weird. The traditional Morton's flavor was lacking; I am not sure if that is a marinade or simply spices that gives it that flavor. Garlic mashed potatoes were recommended but they were watery thin as if they were instant. My daughter reminded me beforehand that we have had many mediocre experiences at this location. Still my favorite restaurant chain.Special Features:
- excellent steaks. loved lobsterrshorensVIPDined on 6/27/2014We went for pre-opera dinner after receiving email about lobster special. Lobster was huge and tasty. My husband had boneless ribeye steak. Food and service were excellent. I wish the side dishes and desserts were less expensive , not so large in case only one person wants to order them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's SFTricksReviewDined on 6/26/2014This place was great, not much to say,but a great time was had for my anniversary dinner. The staff made the experience memorable and made us feel like we were welcomed. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014We loved everything about our evening at Morton's. Morton's seated us in a cozy, romantic booth. The menus were printed with "Happy Anniversary." They took our picture. They baked us a complimentary Lemon Soufflé. They all commented about how hot I looked in my size 34 waist pants! OK OK I made that last part up! But it was one of the nicest evenings we've ever had! I really appreciate the Open Table experience. You are a great online service. Kudos to YOU also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.