Morton's The Steakhouse - San Diego
285 J Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (619) 696-3369
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Diego hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sandiego
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Diego
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu, which is the same at all locations, features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)romantic (63)notable wine list (58)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect for any occasionJonSDined on 11/17/2014The food was fantastic, the service was excellent and the small details for a special occasion (24th wedding anniversary) made it a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, the food was fabulous.KathDined on 11/15/2014Everything was wonderful...the food, the drinks, the celebration, But check your final bill. I was overcharged both on my barbill and on my dinner bill. Once I pointed it out, they took the charges off, but that should never have happened in the first place. And by two seperate servers. It makes one wonder if this is a usual practice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014My Fiancé and I visited Morton's Stake House on Friday 14 November 2014. Our Experience was OUTSTANDING! Our waiter knew the menu so well that after he finished going through it we knew exactly what we were having. Our food was brought to us in a timely manner and was done to perfection! We will definitely be going back! Well worth every penny spent. Loved loved loved this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014Appreciated the private room for our party. The food was excellent and we were all so glad to see the Sundae was still on the dessert menu. The photo with the personalization to commemorate our son's graduation from boot camp was a thoughtful touch. Morton's is our go to spot for celebrationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary!SanDiegoJimDined on 11/9/2014Always a great place to celebrate. Food was top notch. Our server Josh was very engaging. Tim and the staff made us feel part of the family and welcomed back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Diego November 2014moronVIPDined on 11/9/2014Another great meal at this restaurant near the Convention Center and the Gaslamp District. Easy to get to and make reservations. Great food and they always have special meals and sides for you to choose. Meal excellently prepared. Carrot cake was excellent, but make sure you have someone to share it with as it is a huge slice. New on the menu was a 12 oz Manhattan steak, which was excellently prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014We had a great dinner. Our customers were very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice - no viewcuitcnyVIPDined on 11/3/2014Great restaurant and its location is near GasLamp District. But is on a street with no view and no sense of being either near the water nor near the Gaslamp District. A great indoor restaurant; but you could be anywhere.
- Best Steak Ever!683sailorDined on 11/2/2014This restaurant goes all out, from the time you are greeted to the goodbyes. My wife and I were celebrating both of our birthdays. Personalized menus were printed for us that said Happy Birthday. The hostess took our picture and presented us with a photo print within minutes. The waiter was very knowledgable about the wine list and the menu. He was a great deal of help in making our food choices. I had the Chicago Style Bone-In Ribeye. I can easily say it was the best steak I've ever had! My wife also had a ribeye and loved it. Our sides were excellent too--horseradish mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. To top it all off, a waiter gave us both desserts on the house--lemon souffles that were delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great SteaksFriendlyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Mortons was of course a great meal and great Steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaklovers paradisebigdralDined on 10/25/2014Great food, excellence service, not for romantic moments. Portions are generous, dont order too much appetizers, despite they are so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryMrandMrsJDined on 10/25/2014We celebrated our one year anniversary here and it by far exceeded our expectations. Everything was perfect (food, drinks, hospitality, etc.). The personalized menus with our names on them were great!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.GemsVIPDined on 10/23/2014We came to celebrate a birthday. The menu had the birthday girl's name (mine!) and made me feel special immediately. The food was excellent, appetizers, sides, main meal and the dessert. Portions were worth the price. I highly recommend Morton's. To top off a great dinner, someone came to take our picture and captured my special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining ExperienceSoCaLoverDined on 10/21/2014My wife and I made reservations and celebrated our anniversary at Morton's Steakhouse SD. From the minute we walked in we were made to feel comfortable. The hostess, busser, waiter and manager all made sure to congratulate us on our anniversary. The suggestions from the waiter were direct and felt extremely sincere. We enjoyed our food, it was prepared just how we requested. and the flavors were wonderful. The one low point was the Lobster Bisque that was entirely too salty. Otherwise, we had a wonderful evening from the fresh baked bread when we sat, to the incredible Chocolate Soufflé to end the evening. The food, the attentive staff (always there but never intruding) provided us with a wonderful start to our evening of celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/20/2014Everything was great. Food cooked to perfection. Cocktail great. Pleasant experience, once again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday for daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014A special night for our daughters birthday and we had a wonderful time. In no small part it was aided by our great waiter Josh. Thank you for a memorable night.Special Features:
- Great staffpatrickDined on 10/18/2014Always enjoy eating here, had a reservation, showed up an hour early and got seated very quickly. Celebrating a birthday, they kept it on a downlow, free dessert, made my wifes day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant for any occasion.holdthemayoDined on 10/15/2014It is no mistery that Morton's is known for their steak and I have yet to go to Morton's and be disappointed. It is all delicious and on my girls birthday they were so kind to print out menus, take our picture and even give her a birthay souffle. Morton's is definitely a great restaurant and I will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterTop10Dined on 10/12/2014For an upscale restaurant. Mortons has good points and bad. They were not accommodating in varying from the menu.We asked no onions in the "house chopped salad", and was told that it was already prepped. If I'm spending $700 on dinner-PICK the ONIONS OUT or chop up a new salad! The Filet was very good and I would expect no less. The waitress seemed to be in a hurry to get us,.. in and out.Guy in a suit who picked up some used dish didn't identify himself had an obnoxious sense of humor. He was picking up some plates and reached for mine. I told him I wasn't finished, he smuggly replied, "I Know".Would not return or recommend to others. I prefer Donovans, and now..even Ruth Chris over Mortons.Special Features:
- Great Spot with Great FoodJustEngaged2014Dined on 10/11/2014The food, service and energy of this restaurant was great! Prices were high but you got exactly what you pay for, amazingly good food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/6/2014The service was good, but the food was average for the price. The dessert souffles did not impress me either. They were very "egg-y" and the chocolate didn't even taste much like chocolate. For a $350 meal, I expected much more all the way around. The restaurant was also unpleasantly loud.
- Excellent!RayandCathiDined on 10/4/2014Great service and food. First time ordering mac and cheese anywhere and was greatly surprised. Morton's made us feel special with the added attention on our anniversary! Thanks to all the staff including all in the kitchen for making this great meal and evening out a memorable one.Special Features:
- Always Perfect!WinenDineMe2Dined on 10/3/2014I love this place for special occassions. Morton's goes way out to make everything special. The Cajun Ribeye along with the chopped salad are my favorite picks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner with clientsherbearDined on 10/2/2014I had never dined at Morton's prior to selecting it for a business dinner with a colleague and a client. All three of us were very pleased with the service and the food, both of which were excellent!! Thank you :)Special Features:
- EvilTwinSkipppyDined on 10/2/2014It is always a treat to come to Morton's in San Diego. I think this location really typifies the image Morton's tries to project. I have been to other locations in the chain where the food wasn't as good or the service wasn't as great,Special Features:
- services vs foodFinestVIPDined on 10/1/2014Is hard to find this two ingredients in one location, great food And excellence services. Mortons exceedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeHodges37VIPDined on 9/28/2014Mortons is always the best place to dine in whatever city they are in. Thier steaks have the best flavour as do the sides, appetizers and desserts. Service is always superb. I usually get a doggie bag and enjoy my leftover steak the next day! Dining there is a TREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Morton'sPatronLDined on 9/27/2014Great food, great ambience, great night. Loved the touch of the special menus for our anniversary. Would do it again. This Morton's is better than San Francisco. Big plus was we were seated right away. I Love it when a restaurant doesn't make me wait when I have reservations. Patron LSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not greatGood4foodDined on 9/26/2014Good food, but one steak was burnt a bit on the outside even though it was requested as med-rare. Service, salads, sides and desserts were very good.Special Features:
- yummykris10Dined on 9/24/2014Everything was perfect. The steak was amazing. And our server was very nice!-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loreDined on 9/23/2014Food was top rate...service was great...wonderful evening and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's pulled out all the stops!JustAnOrdinaryGuyDined on 9/22/2014Made reservations for my GF's birthday and requested a simple note on the menu. The staff was very keen on the occasion. She was greeted happy bday by the hostess, our waiter, and even the valet. They let us keep the special menus and took a picture for us to keep. Service and staff were outstanding. Went during Restaurant Week so we ordered from her bday menu and the RW menu. Onion bread w/butter (free)- good bread, can't beat free House Chopped Salad (RW)- nothing special Ahi Tower- OK Prime Pork Chop- delicious and tender Porterhouse- perfectly cooked and flavorful Au Gratin potatoes- delicious Sauteed Garlic Green Beans (RW)- nothing special Creme Brulee- delicious Hot Chocolate Cake (free bday dessert)- legendary indeedSpecial Features:
- Restaurant week menu good value.frenchfoodieDined on 9/22/2014Very good menu with lots of choices for restaurant week. Food and service was excellent. We thought the extra charge of $5.00 per person for a sauce for the steak was a little over the top and somewhat tacky!Special Features:
- Large Group for Restaurant WeekMom2fourVIPDined on 9/21/2014We took 13 employees to dinner for Restaurant Week. Food was good. Had a couple problems. They gave everyone the standard menu when we were seated. (gulp) I was paying for all so why would we skip the RW deal? That's why I chose the place! It was very embarrassing to ask for the set menu and take everyone's menus away. One bloody mary came out with at least a tablespoon of pepper floating in the bottom. Not much of an apology when it was sent back. Otherwise service was outstanding. Portions were small but filling. Except for the menu issue, dinner was a success. The place is noisy though and it was hard to hear anyone farther down the table. I would go back but with a smaller group.Special Features:
- terrific food!!!!notintonoiseDined on 9/20/2014Everything about our dining experience was wonderful, except for a very loud man in the corner. One group left without ordering because of his volume. It echoed off the walls and was quite piercing.....The entire restaurant was on the loud side, I prefer a quieter atmosphere when fine dining. But the food/steaks and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loudzxzxDined on 9/20/2014nice place, a couple of groups seated next us were very loud and i was looking for something romantic for the price i paidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's ExperienceKarlDined on 9/16/2014My wife and I decided to just have a nice casual dinner at Morton's. The service, ambiance and food was great and very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Good foodJrodDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I ordered the Cajun steak and the Bibb salad. The salad was great and the steak got better with every bite. Only thing is I don't believe the steak was worth $51. It was good, but somewhere in the $40 range would be more reasonable to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Every PennyFineDiningANDEatingDined on 9/13/2014Although pricey, one needs to ask yourself, at what price do you deserve and achieve excellence. It's Morton's. At every level: the service, the tables, the seating, the quality and oh ya, the food, are just tip top. I am not disappointed every time I come to Morton's, whether it is with friends or just my wife. Five stars all the way across. Yes, Morton's blows away Donavon's. Bring your credit card and ask about the membership card. But also bring your appetite. Great portions and yum yum yum. Can't wait to come out again. Thank you Morton's!Special Features:
- Just OKetLyannaVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was good but it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. Was not impressed with their steak, I had better steak experience. The service is OK but not that great. Im sorry but when you spend the money that they charge, you should be very attentive and helpful. Will definitely take awhile before I return here, if ever I do return.Special Features: