Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio
300 E. Crockett Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2102280700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Antonio hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanantonio
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)romantic (45)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Throws rocks at Ruth CristsJekerrvilleDined on 9/13/2014After experiencing Bahonan's and Ruth Crist's, Morton's has both beat on taste, wine, service and price. Done very well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnedpinsaDined on 9/13/2014We had a delicious dinner at Morton's on Saturday evening. Everything about our time there was tops. The steak was so tender it melted in your mouth. The salads were fresh and plentiful and the warm onion bread served with them was great. Our sides and desserts were also scrumptious. I love their crème brulee but ordered a raspberry soufflé last night and it may be my new favorite. We will definitely keep dining at Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish4VIPDined on 9/12/2014see below as to my thoughts on personnel. Food is excellently prepared and service is the best. Everyone is very friendly and accomadating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's SteakhousesaopinionsDined on 9/7/2014Thought the service was great, food was great, atmosphere was great. The only thing I was shaking my head on was the fact that Open Table said the ONLY reservation available on the date I wanted was at 5:30 pm. However, I arrived at 5:15 and was still there until 7:00 with not another table occupied. Hmmmmm.......Special Features:
- SteakJimBDined on 8/30/2014Best stark I have had in some time - prepared well, served hot, all I hoped for.Special Features:
- Great service3MRanchDined on 8/30/2014Attention to detail was followed to the tee, Reservation, dining experience, floor on the table at arrival, wait staff. Simply a pleasureSpecial Features:
- Celebration in San AntonioRudiselDined on 8/29/2014We took my wife's father who turned 80 to dinner. They took great care of us and made it very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent From Cocktails to CognacMadMikeDined on 8/25/2014From the excellent seating, especially for a mildly mobility challenged individual, through the immediate attentiveness of the waiter the meal started excellently. Even for the cocktails our waiter took into account certain allergy problems. The appetizers, though delicious, just wetted our appetites for our truly delicious steaks. The meal and the two bottles of excellent filled us to point of forgoing the cognac - but that was how exceptional the meal was. A memorable night with memories for both of us.Special Features:
- great birthday dinnerlovesteaksDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I enjoyed the experience we had at Morton's. We were treated as if we owned the place. I'll never forget this night. But...the waiter did not give us the same level of service as the table next to us. I was listening to waiter taking time to tell his guess about the evenings menu. Our waiter was in such a rush to service our table and other tables that I felt a bit uncomfortable. Otherwise it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but datedWillMDined on 8/21/2014Morton's was about what I expected going in. As far as the food goes, the steak was about average for this price range, the wine list was extensive, bread and appetizers were very good, and the deserts were fantastic. If you want to have a steak in downtown San Antonio I would say there are probably better options out there. I'll probably go back to the bar for a desert and cocktail at some point, but as far as steaks go there are better. What really got me was the decor, the whole place was a little drab, looking like it needs a complete makeover from the bathrooms to the entrance and main dining area. The service however was quick and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MealJFFWDined on 8/19/2014We actually went for restaurant week...what a wonderful deal!!! $35 for 3 courses with choices...we all had the 6 oz filet which is a perfect portion size and everyone's filet was seasoned and cooked to perfection!!! And very tender!!! Sides were delicious.....loved the broccoli with garlic and the others loved the Lyonnaise (sp?) potatoes with onions! Key lime was was delicious as were the souffles....grand marnier, raspberry and chocolate. Service was wonderful! A very enjoyable evening for the 5 of us! We will return even when it is not restaurant week!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing above expectationGlobetrotterdivaDined on 8/15/2014Just your average Morton's that makes an average extra dirty martini.Special Features:
- DeliciousdpinsaDined on 8/12/2014Had a great anniversary dinner. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServiceWolffmanDined on 8/11/2014Everything was great ........... except I never heard of onions and ham put in Creamed Corn before.Special Features:
- Great menu and service.Stang45Dined on 8/9/2014Food is always what you expect it to be time and time again. Steaks really tender and juicy, service is superb. Not a big fan of really dim light restraunts and bars, but this seems to be the trend for fine eateries. I came in celebrated a special occasion and got a custom menu with my name and congratulations on it. Well done Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staff/service!!!specialneedsDined on 8/8/2014Made my reservation online. It was my husband's birthday & he really wanted to try this place. We have no family here & so had to bring our 2 small kids with us. My son is special needs & requested to be seated away from the guests so as not to bother anyone. The staff was very accommodating & really made sure we were comfortable. Best dining experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerHappyGrammyDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I had reservations for my birthday dinner. I ordered the Grill, with a six ounce filler, three butterflied shrimp, two bacon wrapped scallops served with asperagas. The manager passed our table just after our meal was served and asked about our food. My steak was a little over cooked and he immediately replaced it with one cooked to perfection. Great service, good food and nice ambiance. The manager was awesome.Special Features:
- Best Steak I've EVER HadKenAndShelleyDined on 8/2/2014This is a GREAT Restaurant; Treated my Wife to a Weekend in San Antonio for our Anniversary and Morton's was across the street from our Hotel. I made a 6:00 pm reservation and everything was AWESOME, Best Steaks and Sea Food we have ever had anywhere, the service is second to none, very quiet and Romantic. Prices are on the higher end but worth Every Penny. We would recommend to anyone looking for a quiet evening out with Great food and atmosphere. The little things they do is what makes this place GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendellsWendellsVIPDined on 8/1/2014The creamed spinach had too much nutmeg. Service was good.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSharlharDined on 7/29/2014We were treated like royalty and the food was AMAZING!!! I have been with a group before, however this was a first as a couple, the waiter was very knowledgeable and offered some great options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow wow wowDavidnikiDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went for a 15 year anniversary. We have gone every year since we have been married. We love the photo they take and the complementary dessert. Overall our waiter was amazing! We will be there for our next special occasion and for sure our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualJohnDined on 7/25/2014We are kinda Morton's junkies. This one seemed a little more informal than others we have visited over the years and somewhat loud. Food and service were excellent, as usual. We do miss the verbal and visual menus...nothing like seeing the various cuts of meats and the live 5 pound lobster as the waiter explained it all!Special Features:
- Ira1Dined on 7/21/2014Mortons of San antonio is always a great experience. I spent Saturday and Monday evenings there with two different groups of customers and associates for dinner. Mark, Misty and the rest of the staff did an outstanding job of accomodating our group request. The great thing about any Mortons is that you always know what to expect, and you never leave disappointed. Mortons of San Antonio always exceeds expectations. It is "over the top".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillsafoodie33Dined on 7/18/2014As a longtime Morton's diner, I was concerned by the Landry's buyout. My first visit back since was a confirmation of those concerns. The bone-in ribeye was maybe an inch thick in the center, tapering to 1/2 inch on the edges. It was a light tan color, quite a contrast from a decade of nice brown charred finishes. The fat was not rendered, leaving the steak chewy. Ordered medium rare, the first offering came out medium well. The second attempt came out rare, which I ate to be able to eat some part of my steak with my guests. No efforts to remedy the mistake on the ticket whatsoever. A follow up call from management regarding the issue (where I mentioned the lack of remedy) found no further efforts even to credit a future visit. C-
- Morton's SA = nice eveningDanielLVIPDined on 7/6/2014Hard to find 50 words to report on Morton's as this place hasn't changed in decades - and that is a good thing! Great Steak, Great Sides, made for a very nice evening. Have no problem recommending this restaurant to all who are within it's reach. Just plain good!Special Features:
- Special nightJosephDined on 7/6/2014Morton's made my sons birthday extra special. They personalized the menu making the night memorable for him and his girlfriend. The service was outstanding. Morton's is definitely our favorite place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to spend on alcoholtripsanDined on 7/5/2014I went with my wife to celebrate our daughter's 1st Birthday, its our first child and we wanted to make good memories so we decided to go to San Antonio and spend some time together, we picked this place for our 1 night formal dinner. The server seemed very friendly in the beginning, as soon as he found out we are not ordering any wine his attitude changed We still ended up paying $130 for 2 people dinner which I believe is a good ticket for 2 people at this restaurant without any alcohol. I still ended up giving 20% gratuity, Since I wanted to be different and not like him. Usually if you go there for some occasion they take your picture and give you a card, but in our case it was not even offered. Place for big spenders only.
- ServicebestasphaltDined on 7/5/2014Have been to several Morton's, but, the San Antonio restaurant always seems to step it up. Maybe because it is smaller, however, staff, service, and food, are always impeccable here. Had a wonderful experience. Thanks, will see you next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Making ReservationsNaparrDined on 7/5/2014I made my reservations on Open Table, which is so easy! But the reservation I needed of 7:00pm was not shown. So I reserved 5:45. I have learned that sometimes when you call the restaurant they can change it to the time you desire. So I called and they changed it to 6:15 but would not accommodate 7:00.I called again another day and they said they would talk with the manager later in the day to see if he could change it for me. I did receive a call that moved the reservation to 6:45. We were trying to go to church before dinner and the earlier time would not allow that. We arrived and had a wonderful dinner but the restaurant was not full and there were plenty of 4 top tables available at 7:00pm!!! Not very happy with Morton's policy!!!Special Features:
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014My wife and I ordered from the special menu. We enjoyed our salad, soup, steaks were outstanding and the dessert was rich with chocolate yummy-ness. We plan to return for our next special occasion.Special Features:
- Summer dinnerLonghorndaveDined on 7/3/2014Took advantage of one of Morton's special dinner's. We had an awesome time. Great job Morton's !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occassionBirthdayDined on 7/3/2014Great experience. The anniversity special was a great valueSpecial Features:
- Great 38th Anniversary DinnerGreat38thDined on 6/30/2014We so enjoyed our 38th anniversary celebration at Morton's. The food was the best as always but it was the extras that made it over the top. The personalized menus were neat and the framed and dated picture taken at the table will mean the evening will be remembered for ever. Our waitress, Paula was very attentive making sure we had everything we wanted. Thank you for a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceHadabirthdayDined on 6/28/2014This was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/24/2014The food was outstanding as was the service. We do not live in San Antonio and made a special trip just to dine at Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service/Food/PriceDust6Dined on 6/23/2014Service, food were good. Selections were good. It was ALL a little expensive for the quality of food/serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Our experience at your fine dining facility made this the best anniversary we have ever celebrated. Alexander and everyone else was first rate. Thank you very much for such excellent service. Rob & Nancy TalbottSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceGracyDined on 6/17/2014We had the mixed grill which included a 6oz fillet, large grilled shrimp, and bacon wrapped scallops. All were delicious and cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- SteakLoverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Although filet mignon is usually reserved for ladies, six-ounces is quite enough for a man my age. Thoroughly enjoyable dining. Great steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great accommodationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We brought our 2 in a half year old daughter for the first time to the restaurant. She was getting a little restless.The general manager Devon kindly asked if we would prefer to sit in the private dining section. It was great it allowed my husband & I to enjoy the awesome food while our daughter could be out of her high chair & roam freely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.