Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento
621 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 9164425091
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday & Sunday 4:30PM - 10:00PM, Friday & Saturday 4:30PM - 11:00PM.
"Power Hour" is 4:30PM - 6:30PM and again at 9:00PM until close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Sacramento hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sacramento
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)notable wine list (56)romantic (52)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (26)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014The cheesecake surprise for our anniversary was perfect, thank youSpecial Features:
- Excellence from start to finishGratefulDinerDined on 8/24/2014Thank you for your excellence! Details well attended to from start to finish. Attentive and accommodating valet, personal and professional greeting, impeccable/subtle/personable service, excellent food/wine, follow-up call perfect! Thank you all. You created an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DavidDined on 8/19/2014The steaks are outstanding! The food presentation is perfect, I would recommend this to anyone who wants an elegant night out!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner also first time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Just amazing, we were expecting good things and definitely weren't let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long to wait for dessertlisascircleDined on 8/16/2014The servers were friendly and knowledgeable regarding the menu, but it was 2 1/2 hours for three courses. The food was good, but I'm not sure I would want to wait 20 minutes again for a piece of carrot cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent food/serviceMortonsDined on 8/14/2014This is a go-to restaurant if you want to impress someone special. I have always had a good time at Mortons. Its not cheap, but as often as we come, we still enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceBrittDined on 8/9/2014The staff was so kind and personable. The manager visited with each and every customer that came through the door. I have never been to a restaurant with better service and the food was amazing as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014I would definitely recommend Mortons on making a special occasion, such as an anniversary a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodKCalVIPDined on 8/6/2014This was my first trip to a Morton's for almost 20 years, and I wasn't disappointed. The salads were crisp and tasty, the steaks done perfectly and the sides wonderfully delicious. The wine list is daunting, they have so many good ones it's hard to decide. Definitely pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- completely awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014My wife and I had our first date at mortons over 13 years ago. We finally made it back to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. They treated us like the guests of honor and truly made the night special for us. I recommend them to anyone wanting to go somewhere special to have a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Six Stars - fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2014Wife and I just enjoyed our 35th anniversary at Morton's Sacramento. It was absolutely great!!! I would give it Six stars if I could. Neil the General Manager printed a menu commemorating our occasion -- a very nice momento, topped with with a complimentary photograph of us at our table. Another nice memento. The food, needless to say, was merely fantastic. Her salmon was grilled perfectly. My seafood (crab cake) and steak (6 oz filet) was also done very nicely. Mac and Cheese side was excellent, as was the Lobster Bisque soup. Everything was great. Service by Shane and Neil also outstanding. It was a wonderful evening at our "go-to" special occasion, any occasion place.Special Features:
- Fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Superb cuisine served by courteous, friendly and professional staff.Special Features:
- Outstanding Foodluv2eatsteakDined on 8/2/2014Everything we ate was awesome! Excellent customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food / OK ServiceGivemalltomeDined on 8/2/2014As expected the steak was great. My wife had the shrimp with crab and very good as well. Our table service seamed to lack some of the other tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014The food was amazing! The waiter was fantastic. My only complaint is that it was very loud inside making it difficult to hear the rest of my party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what the doctor ordered...Wildbil53Dined on 7/23/2014Like so many these days, the past few weeks were hurried, rushed, filled and exhausting... My wife and I decided to take a midweek vacation, book a room in Sacramento and have an incredible meal. Our restaurant of choice was Morton's... because Morton's NEVER has disappointed, whether it is the bar, the staff, the food, the ambience. It all rocked! Thank you.Special Features:
- Great Service and superb food!MarktooDined on 7/22/2014Although expensive, Morton's is without a doubt, the best place to get a prime grade steak in Sacramento. My Porterhouse was one of the best steaks I have ever had in my 64 years on the planet! From the bacon-wrapped scallops to the hot-fudge sundae, everything was excellent and the service couldn't have been more gracious and attentive. Little things make this dining experience special as well; I was celebrating a wedding anniversary and each of the staff made sure to congratulates us, they took our picture and gave it to us in a nice signed card, they gave us complementary deserts and made us feel special.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and Service butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014At Mortons, the food is absolutely amazing and the customer service was top notch. My concern lies in the ambience, there were people in t-shirts, kids being loud, making noise, and running around. I took my parents to their first five star dinning, spent one third of my monthly mortgage on dinner. I expected Morton's to be more responsive to the noise level and professionalism of their cliental. As a result of the kids, my parents and I had a difficulty hearing each other. It was a major draw back that makes me consider not going back.Special Features:
- Best steak in town.....SteakloverDined on 7/18/2014My hubby and I went here for our anniversary and it was fantastic !! Loved the food, service, ambience everything.Special Features:
- Great Food, Service, Cigar Patio!CmsbeltVIPDined on 7/16/2014As with most of the Morton's chain, excellent steak, great service, and a warm ambience. A big plus at this location is the ability to have a cigar on the back patio. The bar crew, especially Delaney, was outstanding.
- Great ExperienceboboDined on 7/12/2014Moton's was well worth it. The only thing I disliked was how loud it was due to customers just being loud. Other then that, the food and service were great and I would highly recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We had a wonderful experience from the moment we walked in until we left. We WILL be back. It was memorable!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014As always, Morton's is a great place to have a special dinner and/or celebrate a special occasion. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Wow, you will be lucky if you get Randy as your server. Very attentive.Special Features:
- Awesome time from start to finishpostyDined on 6/21/2014Made reservations for my in-laws anniversary and it was perfect. From the initial greeting to saying goodbye everything from food, service and atmosphere was textbook perfect - exactly what you would expect from Morton's. They even made custom menu's for with my in-laws names wishing them happy anniversary and surprised us with 2 lemon souffles (for free) at the end. Service was just enough to keep your water filled and check in here and there, but not bother your experience. Just an amazing time!Special Features:
- Great but 1 problemAsfanDined on 6/20/2014No complaints except for my own. I had over expected a great steak. It was my wife's birthday and I didn't want to upstage her experience by sending the steak back. It was a rough cut and overcooked. Bone in ribeye med rare came out medium at best and I had to work to slice an under seasoned bite. If I was with the boys, I would have asked for a new steak for sure. Sides n appetizer were very well prepared and tasted excellent. They ran out of our bottle of wine, but selected a similar taste and price to our satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BigDaddy1Dined on 6/19/2014Morton's Sacramento never misses a beat, always outstanding quality food and service.Special Features:
- birthday dinnersoup2nutsDined on 6/19/2014Fast talking server, had to have him repeat several things, very dark, bacon in everything but did accommodate vegetarian diner, lemon souffle was rubbery, food was cold, Morton's signature coffee was fantastic. Hit and miss. Overall very disappointing especially for the price!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014Not a review to post (couldn't fit in #4) This is not the note for the restaurant but for opentable.com. Online reservation was nice and easy. However, it didn't work for me and I had to call the restaurant to change. I wanted to make a reservation 5pm at a bar room for the happy hour menu instead of the dining room where opens 5:30 pm. Online reservation didn't have the choice. So, I can't use this online reservation service for next reservation until the choices of room and time change. The restaurant experience was great, service, ambiance, food, etc. except the food took more than 30 minutes to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business ownerbestfoodanyplaceDined on 6/15/2014We frequent Mortons on a regular basis and have all family birthday there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014I brought my father to Morton's for your Father's Day menu. It was an excellent time and experience for us. The food was amazing and the service was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHolliDined on 6/14/2014We went here for my husbands birthday. When we walked in first I noticed how noise level was very high. Second I wanted this to be special for my hiusband and we got all dressed up thinking this was a restaurante with a dress code and as it turns out we old have had a pair of shorts on and it would have been very acceptable . Then we ordered, my husband loves prime rib so, he ordered that and I ordered the 6oz petite mingon I had to send my steak back it was tough. They gave me another still not the best I ever ate . My husband was also disappointed in his prime rib. Not to mention my husband had the onion soup he said Mimi's had more flavor . I have the salad and the romain lettus was very bitter.This was over priced and under taste!Special Features:
- retirementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014last minute retirement dinner was fantastic! Love the personal menusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAgain40Dined on 6/7/2014Had dinner with my wife to cerebrate my birthday. Not only was the dinner and service wonderful, but received a personalized menu and photo to remember the occasion. I would definitely recommend Morton's The Steakhouse, but caution the unfamiliar, that you pay for what you receive in return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Expectations not metSea2SacDined on 5/31/2014Wanted a romantic night out with my husband and was looking forward to Morton's. I have a weakness for fine restaurants - great food, great service, the whole experience/ambiance that usually comes along with a $200+ meal. Morton's was disappointing. My husband's pasta was so overcooked it was gummy like baby food, my dish was bland, and the service was utilitarian. We were paying the check when we heard the server next to us giving a presentation of the menu, describing how dishes are prepared and special offers avail. I asked our server about the offers and he blew them off. We would have spent just as much had we ordered the specials w/drinks. It wouldn't have impacted his tip. But I got the feeling that's why he didn't mention them.
- Things have changedNylaDined on 5/31/2014Staff, steaks,horseradish, baked potato, coffee, desert were perfect. Loosing us on vegetables. Broccoli and asparagus were not at the quality we have had before. Au gratin potatoes were not at the level we would expect. Watermelon salad was great recommend little less cheese truffle and balsamic.Special Features:
- DisappointingJandBDined on 5/30/2014We had not been to Morton's for a while, but were looking forward to a decadent meal. The service was slow/ mediocre, even though the dining room was not overly crowded. The food was also mediocre. The experience did not live up to the price or reputation. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- ImprovedJmhhrDined on 5/27/2014During our last visit we were disappointed in the service and the food. This time the food was up to Morton's standards and the server was tops.Special Features:
- Graduation CelebrationGiantsfanDined on 5/25/2014My boyfriend & I took his daughter & her fiancé to Morton's to celebrate her recent graduation from Chico State. The staff recognized her accomplishment with a congratulations on the menu & a picture to memorialize the occasion. The food was fantastic, as always, and the wait staff was great. We had a wonderful experience & will go back for the next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's never fails to impress!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The atmosphere, service and cuisine at Morton's never fails to impress. They bent over backwards to help with options for my wife's severe gluten allergy. She raved about her meal too. Morton's is my "go to" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.