Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento
621 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (916) 442-5091
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday & Sunday 4:30PM - 10:00PM, Friday & Saturday 4:30PM - 11:00PM.
"Power Hour" is 4:30PM - 6:30PM and again at 9:00PM until close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Sacramento hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sacramento
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)romantic (63)notable wine list (62)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (11)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Classy establishment and experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014I made reservations for my husbands birthday husbands birthday, which I noted when making our reservation. The staff at Morton's did an amazing job making his birthday a special one. The food was wonderful, the staff was fun, courteous and attentive, and overall the entire experience was wonderful! I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion with friends, family and/or your significant other. They will make the night unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud but delicousbigguyDined on 11/20/2014Always nice Its really expensive but onlydine there on special occasions Food is extravagantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for special occasion.MimiDined on 11/16/2014We celebrated our anniversary here in Morton's Steakhouse. And We not only got the so delicious foods but also their professional services like the customize menu with the date of our anniversary and the photo card! That's so sweet and we both love it so much! A wonderful place that we will come back here absolutely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, food and wine was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014We arrive early to celebrate our friends promotion. On a Saturday night, the manager was able to sit us early near the kitchen which is a great table. Service was outstanding. Good some of the best ever. This is a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food was exceptional which wasn't a surprise; we've never had a bad meal at Morton's. Our waitress, Tanya, had extensive knowledge of the food and wine list, She was very personable and a complete joy. We will ask for her our next trip - she was that good. Was a great way to spend my birthday/our anniversary, Thank you, Trisha and Gene DoyleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timer - AnniversaryfcsbrownDined on 11/14/2014Our waiter was Randy, his service was over the top professional and courteous. Our dinner blew every steak house out of the water. Would come back again for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Place for Special CelebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014Went out to celebrate the promotion of a colleague - and Morton's couldn't have made the evening more special. From remembering our guest of honor from previous visits, to the custom menu, the service was absolutely outstanding. The meal itself was delicious, all three of us went with the lobster and filet surf and turf. And with several sides to share around the table, there just wasn't room for dessert. However, the dessert options are great, as we've had them in the past. Definitely a place I'd come back to for our next celebration, and the staff is truly top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!RCalagnaDined on 11/9/2014my first time there was for my husbands birthday in February and the second this past Sunday and the service and food was exactly the same both times, I LOVED IT!!! Such warm inviting people that are very professional. I was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceLetsGoPlacesDined on 11/5/2014My husband and I dined in this restaurant for our 20th wedding anniversary. The food was good for the price. The server assigned to us was really great. The ambiance of this restaurant is very recommended for adults who want to have that "wine and dine" evening. I don't really recommend this place for kids who need to move or run around. Over-all, it was a good experience for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my husband's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Morton's keeps each aspect of the dinning experience simple, yet raises everything to a level of perfection.Special Features:
- Halloween nighterikfDined on 10/31/2014Tania and I went to Morton's in Sac for the first time on Halloween night. We started with the Caesar salad . It was good not great (could have used a little more dressing). Next we had the petite fillet med rare. It was excellent! Sooo good. We had the horseradish mashed and the broccoli. Both were really good. We finished the night with key lime pie (excellent). My only complaint was when I asked for the som, the wine captain came over. We asked how long she had been doing it. She told us that she was working her way up the accounting branch of the company and identified 2 people in the restaurant that were taking the som test.. why did I get the accountant?Special Features:
- Wendy's nightWildbil53Dined on 10/31/2014Great place to celebrate special events such a birthday, great attention to details nd service.Special Features:
- Magnificent Morton's 10 STARS!!!!!ScottVIPDined on 10/30/2014Two words, Neil Swinney! Neil runs an amazing operation and could make any restaurant soar! He runs an efficient restaurant emphasizing excellence and teamwork. I feel like I am dining with family when I visit Morton's! The food was perfection, great salad, amazing steak and fantastic raspberry souffle. I just let Neil select the wine because he understands my taste so well. Aaron and Tania, my wait staff were delightful, knowledgable and highly professional. When I travel to Sacramento, Morton's is my dinner before departure and I have had 10 star treatment each visit. Easily my favorite restaurant period!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable 40th Anniversary dinner2FoxesDined on 10/26/2014The steaks were prepared to perfection and each side dish was delicious. We certainly enjoyed celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary at Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moe18katDined on 10/25/2014The food was absolutely delicious! Great quality steaks cooked to perfection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicemg89Dined on 10/25/2014From the moment we got there until the moment we left everything was great. Loved the food and our waiter was awesome. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opps...Wildbil53Dined on 10/23/2014I was responding to an email solicitation for a special October 31st dinner and clicked on the link "Make reservation now"... failed to notice I was sent to Open Table's general reservation page and consequently it defaulted to the day I clicked the link and no reservation was made for the 31st! This has all been corrected and I now have a confirmed reservation back on the 31st. In the future, if you/Morton's send a specific offer promo, make sure the link is clear... I hate to have Morton's waste an empty table and I'd really hate to show up on the 31st for a special date and find no reservation. Too busy I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatimafoodcriticVIPDined on 10/18/2014Had another wonderful dinner tonight. Great job all around, with special kudos to Chris V. and Neil. Thanks for a great evening for my wife and me.Special Features:
- Outstanding taste and qualityhappypatronsDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time at Morton's. The staff was great. Perfect customer service. The food was outstanding with quality and taste. Our waiter was great. We are definitely coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Services15thAnniversaryDined on 10/18/2014This was the first time my wife and I had visited your restaurant and the staff made our 15th wedding anniversary celebration oneto remember...with the special menus, pictures and special dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/14/2014Spouse and I went for my birthday celebration and it was fantastic. Started with a printed birthday menu and free photo, followed by fantastic service and food. And as a Landry Select Club member, I got a complimentary souffle after dinner too. It was excellent. I took advantage of the current Steak and Lobster special, and the Lobster was absolutely sumptuous. Neil, their great General Manager, came by and made sure everything was perfect, and it was. Morton's is a "go-to" place for my celebrations. They also have a great happy hour from 4:30 to 6:30 everyday; the mojitos are great! (Almost as good as the ones in Habana.)Special Features:
- Special Occasion DiningAnnivCelebDined on 10/14/2014Great restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. Can't afford to do it very often. Service was good and the food was excellent, although there was too much food for my wife. She brought home most of it for the next day. Restaurant is very open and the noise level from the bar and other diners was very high. Complimentary picture was very nice.Special Features:
- wonderful dinner for twoBiggarthanLifeDined on 10/6/2014This was our anniversary splurge b/c we did not arrange an out of town excursion. So, we wanted to the BEST dining experience. That's exactly what we got. The food was amazing and the service was fit for royalty. Worth every penny!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Made reservations for dinner online to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. The staff were excellent. From the time we arrived we felt like special guests. Morton's had even made a souvenir menu with my boyfriend's name on it, he was definitely impressed. Other staff arrived expressing happy birthday wishes. Wow. At this point my boyfriend's mouth is hanging open. He isn't one to celebrate his birthday, but Morton's had changed that for him. The food was absolutely delicious...I could go on and on about it. I'll leave it at...yummy. Our waiter was great. Overall, Morton's exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend this venue to everyone. Thanks for the nice evening and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPeechezDined on 10/3/2014Hubby and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary here, and from the moment we walked thru the door and gave our name, we were greeted by each staff member wishing us a happy anniversary. Then when we picked up the menu, there was a written congratulations message, much to our delight! Altho there were certainly other diners there, the couples on both our left and right sides were also celebrating their annie's. The food was fantastic and service outstanding! Well worth the tab, but definitely only for a special occasion in our household.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakhouseszoellerDined on 10/1/2014... and the most amazing seafood ever. Definitely not a nightly place to dine, unless you are a lotto winner, but it is great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iheartmortonMarjRvnDined on 9/26/2014They made Gabriel...my son's 12th bday celebration more special. The host took a family picture of us and gave Gabriel a Morton's bday card with our photo that night. Heather, our server made it more special by giving us a complimentary LEMON souffle...the service and food are exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the place to dineSteak4meDined on 9/22/2014As always dining at Morton's is the best. The food is great and you can't beat the service and friendly staff. Would highly recommend!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I eat out quite often and we like to eat at very nice restaurants occasionally and don't mind paying the prices when we feel that we have had a memorable experience. We did not get this from Morton's. I ordered the sea bass, it was fishy. The sauce that came with it was good. My husband's steak was overcooked. The lobster bisque is mediocre. We should have said something but just didn't. We just won't go back. I will say the crab cakes and the bread were awesome. We had eaten there several years earlier and had a nice experience, just not enough to Wow us back there. When I pay that kind of money I want to love it. Someone gave us a gift certificate, that's why we went there this time.
- Excellent Food2coolDined on 9/20/2014Everytime we return to Morton's, we are impressed with consistent excellence in service, food & ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSmithDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I needed a romantic night out and Mortens was a great choice! The service was excellent and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointedEatsoutalotDined on 9/18/2014Restaurant was very loud even though it wasn't that crowded. Entrees are overpriced, especially considering you don't even get vegetables or anything with a piece of meat. The tab for the two of us was $210 and we didn't even get dessert and split both the salad and side of vegetables...that is obscene! I had heard good things about Morton's but I was sadly disappointed.
- summer saladzmonkeyDined on 9/18/2014first the summer watermelon salad was excellent. halibut was good too. steaks tend to be salty and i love salt. keep trying to love their steaks but hasn'thappened yet.Special Features:
- HsunadaDined on 9/18/2014Only beers by the bottle and incredibly overpriced. House Chardonnay was so so. But food and service were excellent. They gave us a complimentary dessert and picture of us for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionVeryPickyDinerDined on 9/14/2014I celebrated my birthday with my wife and had a enjoyable time. Our dinner's were done to our specific instruction's to our waiter. I was so impressed that I returned with my parent's to give them an opportunity to experience the "Morton's experience".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food lovely placesummertimefineDined on 9/13/2014Great food lovely place expensive experience but we'll worth it.Dinner was amazing. FOOD EXCELLENT. ... desert excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Steak House SacramentoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great service, great food. A little pricy but worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!RoyalFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Upscale ambiance and food offerings..the Cajun Ribeye was to die for!! Enjoy wine with dinner? You will have a BOOK to choose from, plus countless cocktails from the bar. Service was impeccable and I adore the dining lamps on each table.. Little pewter pot belly pigs, " full, happy, content" .. How you feel after dining at Morton's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRayNJulie1969Dined on 9/11/2014Food, service, atmosphere was all wonderful. We spent more than we've ever spent on a dinner for two but splurged with Martinis, crab and bernaise topping on our filet mignon and desserts. Was a worthwhile splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A top special occasion spot.GaryVIPDined on 9/8/2014Exceeded our expectations. For that special occasion or if you crave the perfect steak, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.