Morton's The Steakhouse - Rosemont
9525 W Bryn Mawr
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Rosemont
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (847) 678-5155
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Rosemont hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/rosemont
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Rosemont
Morton's The Steakhouse, the United States' premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (36)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- No expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014I was super excited when i walked in to the restaurant due to friends and family recommendations. The service was great, however what disappointed me was out of all of the food the only thing i did not appreciate was the steak. It had a lot of grissle and fat for a porterhouse.
- RomanticRoseDined on 11/22/2014Great service. Was able to sit in a section very appropriate for why we were there. Great service. Our server was Hilda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's good but not worth that much moneyMbrottVIPDined on 11/21/2014We were headed to Rosemont theater for a show that night and we always go to Ruths Chris for steaks but they don't have one by Rosemont. I've been to that Morton's before for a bachelor party and it's a weird setup as the dining room is downstairs and they have a bar upstairs. The waiter promptly showed up and we hadn't looked at the menu for drinks and she did come back a few times until we gave her our drink order. We did finally order our meal and it started with Escargot and short rib tacos. The escargot were very good but i thought the Short rib tacos lacked flavor but they looked colorful. Salads were next which was a bibb lettuce salad and I forgot the other. Both were very good and we moved onto the main course which consisted of a 24oz Porterhouse, center cut ribeye, peppercorn strip and one chicken dish. Everything was cooked correctly but the ribeye and porterhouse really had no seasoning. Even a prime steak needs seasoning. We had Augratin potatoes, mashed and onion rings which where also very good. We were running late at this point as it was 9:30 so we had to skip dessert entirely. The shocking part with only two alcoholic drinks dinner was $400 with tip. For that type of money, I need to say that was the best steak dinner ever and I didn't!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very successful business dinnerRandys731Dined on 11/17/2014Every year I choose Morton's in Rosemont for business dinners, because I have never been disappointed with the service and ambience. If possible, ask for Hilda's section, although I'm sure every station would be satisfactory. The Cajun Rib Eye is spectacular, although yours may come from a different cow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosemont MortonsJackVIPDined on 11/15/2014Took some Chinese friends there who wanted a "good steak". Mortons was an obvious choice. Service from our server was outstanding (Karen) and my steak was excellent. Lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary MealFoodManDined on 11/1/2014Morton's Rosemont pulled out all the stops for our anniversary meal. A beautiful table, customized menus, a photo to take home and even complimentary dessert. Overall it was a truly outstanding experience paired with absolutely delicious food. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014Morton's has always been our favorite. Other steakhouses in the Chicago area are excellent, as well, but Morton's will always top my list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/31/2014We used to go here all the time and hadn't been in awhile. While the food and service were incredible, it has just gotten ridiculously expensive, even compared to Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Always a fantastic timerichDined on 10/18/2014We went for my daughter's 21st birthday....the staff made the occasion special....as they had for her 18th birthday (and probably for her 25th in the future!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014The food is amazing at Mortons. Try the Parmesan fries. We tend to stop by as we are leaving Chicago and flying home. The service is excellent.Special Features:
- Going downtooandmoreVIPDined on 10/10/2014Well, not as good as Morton's use to be. Steaks were great as usual. Hashbrowns smaller and greasy. Seems like a sports bar now. We could watch TV while having dinner. Morton's?
- Food amazing service beyond wordsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The only reason I am writing this review is to shine a light on the service as the standard all other restaurants should look to. The food was excellent as you probably know with everything from the steak to the potatoes cooked perfectly. Every employee we encountered from the valet to the host in the bar to the host in the restaurant congratulated us and wished us a happy anniversary. They even went as far as printing custom menus for us. What would garnish such service and 5 star treatment? I'm not a VIP or a local celebrity I merely mentioned the occasion to the woman who answered the phone and they took it upon themselves to make the evening perfect. 10/10 would recomendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/7/2014I love going to Mortons. The food is amazing. The service is timely. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Desperately needs a makeoverluv2dineVIPDined on 10/7/2014The restaurant itself is in terrible need of renovation. Everything from carpeting to furniture looks like it is 30-40 years old. The restaurant is on the lower level which has no windows making the situation even worse - maybe they hope the dim lighting will keep you from seeing the need to upgrade. Even the music was odd and old. We moved to the bar area upstairs to get some life. That was much better. 'Bar bites' are very good. Decent wine. But overall, get it together Morton's. You have a lot of competition. Have no idea how you stay in business like this.
- Nice Location for a CelebrationDisappointedDined on 10/4/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. They have a special for lobster tail and filet and was very reasonable and the food was cooked very well. We mentioned the reservation was for a special occasion and they printed happy anniversary on the menu for us both (very nice touch), we had a photo taken and received a complimentary dessert! They made us feel special and it was greatly appreciated. The Rosemont location is very close to the entertainment district which makes for a fun way to end your night.Special Features:
- Made a special occasion specialLindaMCDined on 10/3/2014We celebrated my mother's 95th birthday here. Everyone on the staff made her feel so special. They gave her a menu pre-printed with her name, took our picture & presented it to her and gave her a complimentary dessert-a wonderful Gran Marnier soufflé. The food was outstanding as well. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014My fiance recently proposed at Morton's in Rosemont and it was incredibly romantic. The setting was beautiful, dinner was delicious, and the staff was extremely accomodating. In fact, the manager photographed the proposal and presented the pictures before we left for the evening. Having pictures of that once in a lifetime occasion is incredibly special to us. The staff truly went above and beyond to make sure our evening was perfect. I would recommend Morton's to anyone looking to celebrate a special event or spend a romantic evening out. It was a really wonderful experience and I look forward to visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's As AlwaysPresidentDined on 9/29/2014I have been to Morton's all over the country....Monday night was no different...excellent food, excellent service and a delightful evening...Special Features:
- hostessTommyDined on 9/20/2014the lady that you check in with did not know what she was doing she told me ny res. was for 4 but my confermation showed 5 then she put us in the table by the kitchen doorSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014When we were being seated we asked for a booth. We were told they were all reserved. When we left there were still booths not occupied. We were given a table with the least amount of space around it. We had an early reservation and not many tables were occupied. I am beginning to believe when you book through Open Table you do not get a good table. We ordered a double baked potato. It didn't look like a baked potato when we got it. It was in a dish. We questioned the waitress and she said it was the baked potato. After we thought about it, we realized she gave us double baked au gratin potatoes.Special Features:
- datedBrianLong4328Dined on 9/20/2014Service and food where what you would expect but the wine list was lacking and the decor needs to be refreshedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service And FoodOkearnVIPDined on 9/19/2014Had a business dinner here and service was excellent. Enjoyed the Chicago style steak and the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patrick runs the best Morton'scsmithi2Dined on 9/18/2014This is my favorite steak place in the world, and this is my favorite Morton's location. The wine list and suggestions are always spot on. Food is top notch. My favorites are the bone in ribeye, the Brussels sprouts, and the bacon wrapped scallops. Lamb chops are excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's - Label ExpoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2014My wife and I had dinner reservations for 6:15 PM on a busy Tuesday night during the Label Expo. We requested a nice booth, if possible. We were seated right on time in a nice booth. Warm bread was served. We had a couple glasses of the Morton's Rare Blend wine. Very tasty on it's own or with any hearty meal. Their wine list is excellent if you need a bottle or two. The Morton's salad and Caesar salad were excellent. Very cool and crisp. The prosciutto wrapped halibut was the best I have ever tasted. The asparagus was cooked to perfection. We declined dessert because we were full and content. A very nice restaurant with exceptional service and attention to detail. Make sure to visit them when in Rosemont. We will for sure.Special Features:
- Fine2VIPDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed the classy and fine restaurant that served high quality steaks and seafood. The lobster bisque had flavor and a smooth texture. My steak was cook perfect served with scallops wrapped in bacon along with fresh grilled asparagus. We had a charming and excellent server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Hadn't been to Morton's in years (live downstate IL). Connected with an old friend there last week. Lovely dinner. As fabulous as I remember it from back in the day! The bone-in filet w/ blue cheese and carmelized onions was out of this world.Special Features:
- Mom's birthday dinnerdanix41Dined on 8/30/2014This was the second year that I took my mother to Morton's in Rosemont for her birthday. As was last year, it was a very enjoyable dinner. I will be taking her there again.Special Features:
- Food, Service & Ambiance, all a hiteat3sliceDined on 8/29/2014You cannot go wrong going to Morton's in Rosemont. They recently went through a remodel and the place looks great. Service is always 5 +star as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaDined on 8/28/2014The food was great, as it always is. The service was exceptional. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!IncredibleDined on 8/27/2014Incredible! The staff, management, hostesses, etc.. Just wonderful and courteous. They made my son's night! They treated my special occasion like it was their own!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungrytravelerVIPDined on 8/26/2014One of the very best meals I have had this year. Everything was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Best new York strip I've ever had and my daughter and wife totally loved the food as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, Drinks not so goodLocalTomDined on 8/23/2014Sent back two of the signature cocktails which were not consumable, but the steaks were very good. Service was friendly, but needs some help sharpening up on their wine skills. Had a nice time, but I felt like Morton's can do better.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014A bit disappointed in the lobster, some parts were a bit tough and chewy. Surprising for Mortons, as we have eaten here before and everything was excellent. The service however was top notch, as always. We will come back, but probably not for lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price vs. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014I went for my anniversary dinner and wasted time/money.
- Incredible ExperienceDenmoOvertheTopDined on 8/16/2014The exceptional experience started with a personal phone call confirming our reservation and asking for any special needs (my 90 year old mother with a wheel chair). Patrick( Host Extraordinaire) met us at the door and took us to the closest table to accommodate our "special need." His professionalism, courtesy , and extra care throughout the evening, checking in on us to see how the evening was going - I can't say enough about how great he treated us. Then there's Judy, our waitress. Phenomenal! There were seven of us, but it felt like we each had our own personal waitress. She offered suggestions, and accommodated our every dining pleasure. And dining pleasure it was! My family can't stop talking about our great evening at Morton's. WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We had forgotten our card there and received a call back from them within 5 minutes of leaving the restaurant. We had a concert to go to and they gave us option for picking the card up. Luckily we were able to make it back to Morton's after the concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousGmurreyDined on 8/15/2014We have been going to Gibsons 8 years now. Last year we were very very disapointed in the service. We decided then to switch to Mortons. I wish we had been disapointed sooner. Morton's is GREAT!!!! The food is to die for and the staff incredibly helpful and friendly. We could share communication and hear each other. Wonderful Wonderful place - and we will return. Soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as UsualKennDined on 8/12/2014We went for their summer special at 40 dollars per person and everything was excellent! The food portions were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton TV'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014I was shocked to see large TV screens that light up the main dining room at Morton's. Morton's is one of the top steakhouses in Chicago where I take my wife for special occasions and important customers. It is not a place to be distracted by sports on TV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.