Morton's The Steakhouse - Richmond
111 Virginia Street
Richmond, VA 23219Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Richmond
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: (804) 648-1662
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Richmond hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/richmond
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Richmond
Thank you for choosing Morton's - Richmond. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wine, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Savor The Good Life. For over 30 years, the Steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private Boardroom information, worldwide location listing and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)romantic (34)notable wine list (22)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Saturday Evening DiningSteveDined on 11/22/2014I must say that I have mixed emotions regarding the dining experience. Going in with open eyes, I knew it was very pricey and I was expecting a much better than ordinary evening.The food was very good and the service was good. Even though the restaurant was virtually empty , I felt like I was rushed. Before we had finished with our soup and salads, the server came up with dinner in hand. Something that you wouldn't expect in a fine dining establishment with experienced staff. All things considered, I'm not sure I'll go back as there are too many great Restaurants in RichmondSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Anniversary celebration dinner. Personal touches were a surprise and much appreciated. Our server was very knowledgeable regarding menu, food preparation , wines etc. Would definitely recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Went for a good steak dinner, We had NY strip for $66.Was recommended because of attached bone. Meat was not tender. We should have tried Filet. Whole meal cost $160 before tip (shared entre).Ambience fine meat not. Very Expensive .Special Features:
- UnhappyDined on 11/15/2014We went to Morton's for a birthday celebration. We were a party of 8, with a 7:30 reservation. The staff was very friendly, but everything was also incredibly slow. We had been there almost an hour before anyone even brought bread to the table! Ultimately, the food was well prepared, but I, for one, had no appetite for it after sitting there for 90 minutes or so, drinking wine, waiting for the food to be served. At no time did anyone come by to explain the delay. At the end of the meal, two of us ordered Brandy Alexanders. Instead of telling us they didn't know how, or didn't have the ingredients, they made these crazy drinks with Amaretto and milk. Not even close!Special Features:
- Good placePunkinDined on 11/14/2014First time visiting. Nice place for celebrating birthday of significant other and self. Cool personalization with adding names to menu and taking picture on behalf of the restaurant. Nice atmosphere and very tender steak, thanks to Marcus the grillmaster; however, not worth a $200 bill, but again, nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best staff in Richmond....TheBaronessVIPDined on 11/9/2014The steaks are of course great....and the food is consistent but it is the customer service and the staff that really sets this place apart. They are simply fabulous...the best Mortons in the chain and I have been to almost all of them. My clients, friends and family loves this place....One of my 9 year olds favorite places to go...and everyone there loves her....too cute. Great for any occasion and any evening out. But I do still miss the prime rib and the presentation at table side....Special Features:
- A night to remember!slm83Dined on 11/8/2014I made a reservation on-line for dinner for 2 for my boyfriend's birthday. When we arrived to check in they told him "Happy Birthday" and he couldn't believe that they knew it was his birthday! We were sat at a great booth table which had Happy Birthday confetti all over it and even the menu had Happy Birthday written on it. We were both very impressed with this attention to detail. The waiter was top-notch and was very knowledgeable about the menu. The food was incredible! We had Shrimp Cocktail as our app then I had the King Crab Legs and he had the 2 lb Lobster. It was a fabulous experience from start to finish and the photo that another staff member took of us for a keepsake was a great touch. It was truly a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceServiceDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed our parents 50th wedding anniversary. The service is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrating 50th birthdayLisaDined on 10/31/2014I had a surprise birthday for my husband. He was 50 on Halloween. I had heard that Morton's was THE steak house. Well, they went about and beyond what I had in mind. First the menu with "Happy 50th Birthday". What a WOW factor. Then the pictures of the family. The services was outstanding and Stacey made it even more special. Oh, and the food...DELICIOUS!!!! Thank you again for making it a very special evening. One that we will not ever forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Waste Of MoneyvaguyDined on 10/24/2014The waitress was one of the most annoying servers I have ever encountered, insisting on explaining every item on the menu and pointing out her personal favorites. She would not even take a hint and leave us alone for awhile. I have never felt harassed by a server until this experience. Slow in bringing the wine and cocktail, too. Food was not good. Steaks were cooked properly but were tepid and too salty; they needed a pat of butter. Cauliflower special was just a sodden mass of grease and cheese; no cauliflower taste. Cheesecake was over-baked and dry. The only good dish was the endive salad but even it was overdressed--fortunately we like blue cheese dressing. Then, there was the valet charge, which was insult to injury.
- Anniversary DinnerWilliamsburg4Dined on 10/11/2014Arrived shortly after opening so it was pretty quiet. Every staff member greeted us with a welcome and "Happy Anniversary." The table was decorated to celebrate the occasion and one of the staff took our picture to commemorate the night. Our waiter was very pleasant, prompt and professional the entire night. While going over the menu trying to decide what we were going to order, my son discovered that the menu had been altered with our names on it and a congratulatory "Happy 24th Wedding Anniversary". The dinner and dessert was excellent and the only thing that I can say was displeasing was the Caesar salad had anchovies in the dressing. You have to remember you are paying the experience. If you worry about $$$$ you won't enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Richmond favoriteslove2brunchDined on 10/9/2014This restaurant is definitely as fancy as it gets. For that special occasion, no other restaurant can provide such a lovely romantic ambience. I love the decorations, service, food, everything about it! When family comes out of town, Morton's steakhouse is definitely one of the first options for dinner!Special Features:
- celebrationPamRVIPDined on 10/4/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate and had a lovely meal and great wine. The caesar salad and Morton's salad were very tasty although a little to heavy on the dressing on my Morton's salad. I had the sampler - shrimp, scallop wrapped in bacon, oyster rockefeller, and crabcake (all tasty and baked perfectly). My date had the ribeye that was cooked correctly but not as tender as their ribeyes normally are. The service was great. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We enjoyed our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special, yet especially overpricedRVAAVRDined on 9/27/2014Absolutely phenomenal food and service. Unfortunately, the price tag is that of a New York City steakhouse. For the price, I'll take two dinners at Ruth's Chris before one at Morton's. And that is no slight to a single other aspect of the place. Expect high end food and well trained staff. But don't expect to walk away feeling that it was that much incrementally better for the price than your typical chain steakhouse (i.e. The Palm, Flemmings, Ruth's Chris, Capital Grill, etc.).Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointedMithanielDined on 9/17/2014I have always been told that Morton's is a premium fine-dining establishment, and that the experience, service, and quality of food was well worth the price. Perhaps I am a philistine, because I feel that I have gotten better steak and better service elsewhere for a fraction of the cost. In Morton's defense, I will say that the valet service was prompt, the hostess was very welcoming and friendly (and gave us a personalized birthday menu for my fiance). I loved the lambic I ordered, and the bacon brussel sprouts that we chose was also quite good. Good points aside, I did not feel like I was in capable hands when it came to the service, and the steak was very disappointing, as well as the lamb chops. High price for Medium quality.Special Features:
- EatOutEatOutDined on 9/10/2014We went to celebrate our 31st Anniversary. We were greeted warmly at the door and were seated at a booth as I had requested on the on-line reservation. Our table was decorated and the menu had our names on it and Happy Anniversary. Eric was our waiter and a wonderful one at that! The Hostess came around and took our picture after we had ordered drinks, and presented it to us in a small paper frame to take home. We both got the center cut filet mignon, which was cooked perfectly and very tender. Key Lime pie for dessert was a great way to end our evening at Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yet another fab evening...TheBaronessVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our small little family celebration evening...my birthday and my daughters first week in 4th grade....She had her yearly doctors appointment at VCU medical center and had to have blood drawn, 7 vials. And all she could talk about was going to Mortons after. It is one of her favorite places in the world as she puts it. She adores Sean the bartender and loves hugging everyone. Her favorite steak ever and she does not hesitate telling me that is even better then Mommy's. And well....the chocolate souffle is something she dreams about. Christmas eve is her next Mortons evening as she puts it. Thanks again guys....Special Features:
- DisappointedBroncofan13Dined on 8/24/2014For the class of this restaurant, I expected much more. For the most part, the food was good, but my steak was not. I ordered the bone in Ribeye. It was full of gristle, and the flavor was not as advertised. I have cooked a better steak myself. The service was just alright. Several things were just forgotten, and had to be asked for a second time. We still tipped the standard percentage, which was a very excessive dollar amount for the service. Our server was personable and knowledge, just not attentive. At one hundred dollars per person, I expected so much more.Special Features:
- One of the Best!foreverAfanDined on 8/15/2014What a very nice treat for my birthday celebration! The staff is awesome, the food was excellent, the atmosphere relaxing - we look very forward to going back soon....thank you for treating us so well - top of the list for customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MariaDined on 8/14/2014Even though the food was good. It wasn't at the quality that justified the price. I really don't know if I would go back, because I can get the same quality for alot less somewhere else. Oh and by the way the wine and mix drinks prices are outragous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableMoments2RememberDined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit and it was amazing. My husband enjoyed his birthday and is still talking about it. The menu with his name on it and the birthday pic were the perfect touch. The food was outstanding. The staff was GREAT. The experience, in total, was awesome.Special Features:
- The following 609 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Richmond reviews archive.
- Husband's birthday dinnerfergie67VIPDined on 7/26/2014Morton's went above and beyond to make our evening special. They had printed a special menu with his name and Happy Birthday on it . They also took pictures of us with our friends and gave them to us when we departed. All of the staff was on point and manager visited the table several times during the evening. COuld not have asked for better food or service! A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The bone in ribeye wass great. Bacon wrapped scallops were delicious as well. Great place. Very close to hotelsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdisappontedDined on 7/19/2014The host and our waitress were very awkward and nervous. The waitress was not very knowledgeable about the specials. We placed our order and then a few minutes later the waitress came back and told us that they were out of two of the things we ordered, one an appetizer and the second a steak. We ordered their signature entree's, two fillet mignons and a NY strip steak. They were out of the large fillet mignons and had to go with a smaller one. The steaks were good, not great, under seasoned, and overpriced for how they tasted. The side of creamed spinach was disappointing, more cream and nutmeg than spinach. I have been to this restaurant several times and this was a big disappointment.Special Features:
- Just like home, but better...TheBaronessVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food is, of course exceptional and consistent. But it is the staff that makes this place one of the finest restaurants in Richmond. From the ease of changing reservations when my friends or business compatriots are running late, to the friendly and welcoming attention to detail that you find from the valet parker out front to the hostess, manager and wait staff. Even the bussers remember me and every little detail from the type of cocktail I prefer to how I like my oysters. They are all fabulous!! We all know that Mortons is a classic in good food and it continues to be even with the sale of the company a couple of years ago, and after they have worked out a few kinks. But Richmond is the BEST in the chain by far. Thanks guys!! Its homeSpecial Features:
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014Morton's Richmond Virginia was an ok experience. The food was decent, but not great in part because it was not hot when it was served (kind of luke-warm). The presentation was nice. The staff was very friendly, but the service was not timely. There were only a few parties in the restaurant and yet it took a long time for us to get our dessert. We were warned that it might take several minutes, but we had to wait about 20-25 minutes. The size of the chocolate molten cake was surprisingly small. And then the time needed to get my credit card receipt to sign also took another 10 minutes or so. The food was decent, but I have had better at other Morton's and definitely at other Ruth Chris restaurants.
- Morton's is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014My husband and I were celebrating his birthday. Morton's made it a wonderful experience. They had a special table prepared, and took a complimentary picture of us. The food was fantastic, it was a very good evening.Special Features:
- Ginger LemocksgbozzDined on 7/8/2014Enjoyed the Dinner. Haa a funtime for my birthday. Must take a pig lamp home. Its the best reminder of the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal - great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/3/2014Went for the special '$35 anniversary special. Had a great meal the menu was perfect. Our server Andrew did a wonderful job making sure our meal was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerfaizalDined on 7/1/2014I took my fiancee there to celebrate our 3rd anniversary, and it was amazing. I added a note to our online reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary...and while we did get the standard free dessert, it was the other stuff that made the night memorable. The server greeted and congratulated us by name (Mr. And Mrs.)...our menu had our name and occasion printed on it...the hostess took our picture and came back a few minutes later with a hard copy in a Morton's picture holder (think the little holders they put roller coaster pictures in). As for the food, For the discerning Richmond-based steak-coniseur, Morton's is the way to go, easily outpacing the other steakhouse standards in Richmond (Ruth's Chris, Buckheads, etc.).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014My Wife and I enjoy coming here for our anniversary. We've done it a few times in the past and like the ambiance, food and service for such a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Brunch2KaysDined on 6/15/2014The menu was great. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodajbrad71Dined on 6/15/2014Went for our anniversary and it was wonderful. The steak was great. My wife loved the Mac and cheese. Everything about our dinner was excellent. It was our first time and didn't know what to expect but everything was great. No complaints at all, we willSpecial Features:
- Amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I wanted to do something special for my boyfriend's birthday so I booked us dinner reservations at Morton's since we were staying nearby and neither of us had ever eaten there. The staff was incredible and the extra touches they did to show their appreciation for us choosing to spend our birthday dinner with them made our night. In addition to the great staff the food was amazing!! One of our best dinners. Definitely recommend making this Morton's a top place for your next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MK22Dined on 6/7/2014A group of us went to celebrate a birthday, and it was a great experience. The staff was very nice, they personaized the menus and put some confetti on the table. Our server was great, she was very nice, new the menu well and made some great recommendations. The food was delicious, and the drink selection was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing special occasion diningDate2rememberDined on 6/7/2014I made a reservation to celebrate my wife's college graduation. Morton's staff made this a very memorable dining experience. The attention to detail and special preparations were beyond reproach. I highly recommend Morton's for those special times and for any time you want to enjoy a very exceptional meal with a personal touch.Special Features:
- Attention to DetailTruDivineDined on 5/24/2014What an excellent dining experience. From the moment that we entered into the reseraunt until the point of departure everything was done with precision and elegance. Our waiter was extremely detail oriented as it appeared that the entire staff was the same. The food was a sure delight. Every bite truly tantalized our taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's RichmondOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We've eaten here several times and the food and ambience are consistently good. During this visit -- which was to celebrate my wife's birthday -- our waitress, Stacy, was outstanding; very attentive, helpful with menu suggestions and had an engaging personality. We're looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carnaryDined on 5/11/2014Had excellent meal just loved the new watermelon saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Computer issue?donewithmortonsDined on 5/10/2014We've been disappointed by this Morton's before and chose to return to celebrate good friends. Our first appetizer showed up an hour and fifteen minutes after we sat down and we finally escaped after 4 hours of cold creamed spinach, slow wait service, and weak apologies.