Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston
11956 Market St
One Freedom Square
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 7037960128
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Dining Room:
Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday 11:30 - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Reston hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/reston
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston
Thank you for choosing Morton's - Reston. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wine, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Savor The Good Life. For over 30 years, the Steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private Boardroom information, worldwide location listing and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (134)romantic (77)notable wine list (68)fit for foodies (56)good for groups (37)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (18)hot spot (11)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014We ate at 8:30 pm on a Sunday, so the restaurant crowd was winding down. We were one of three tables occupied for most of our supper and the last to leave. That is why it was quiet. We’ve been there at more crowded times, and it was much more lively. The food was as great as always: good steaks, good wine, good sides, and a fabulous desert to share! Even other times when it was crowded, the wait staff has always been attentive.Special Features:
- Morton's Does It Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014The prime steaks at Morton's are wonderful and always cooked to perfection! We ordered spinach salads, filet mignons, green beans, potatoes Lyonnaise, creamed spinach, key lime pie, and a chocolate souffle'. Enjoyed every bite!Special Features:
- Great dinner placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I love the relaxed feel of the place. The server was able to spend time at each table- getting to know the guests and make them feel welcome. The steaks came out PERFECT, cooked exactly as we requested and incredibly juicy. They change up their wines throughout the year, so the Moscato we had fallen in love with last year was replaced. But we found a new favorite with their new Riesling.Special Features:
- ServiceTracyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our server, Ken, was wonderful. He was very concerned that we have a great evening. Attention to detail but seemed to have fun along with us.Special Features:
- rballqueenDined on 9/12/2014We very much enjoyed the food at Morton's in Reston, VA on 9/15/14. Although, this is the second time I have been there with my husband on a Friday night for a romantic dinner and we were seated next to a family with 2 small boys (approx ages 8, 10) and a small baby. I'm not sure when Morton's became a "kid Friendly" resturant, but when I think of Morton's, I don't think of it being a place where families would be bringing in kids to dine such as an Olive Garden or Ruby Tuesdays. We had the waiter move us to a more private area, just to have more families arrive with more small children. I am disappointed that this has become the ambiance on Friday nights. Again, the food was outstanding and no complaints there!Special Features:
- Still the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Say what you may about other steak housed, I still keep coming back to Morton's. The best.Special Features:
- PerfectDirty30Dined on 9/9/2014I couldnt have been happier. I made an online reservation, they called to confirm and ask if there was a special occassion. I told them it was my 30th Birthday. I was only expecting my reservation to be 3 people but my family told me an hour before that 2 more people where in attendance. I quickly called and added 2 more to my reservation. It was no problem. Every time I called, I recieved many birthday wishes. LOVED THE VALET PARKING. We got to our table and I was floored that they printed up our Special menus with "HAppy Birthday Kelly" on them. They also took a group picture and printed as many copies as we wanted. The waiter was so knowledgable and very happy to answer any questions we had. Even my 7yr old Niece was was happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great evening1234VIPDined on 9/6/2014Another great evening at Morton's Reston. Steak cooked perfectly. Once again they did not disappoint. Best Morton's.
- katieDined on 9/6/2014The food was wonderful, went for a friends birthday. I had gotten a message from Morton's telling me about the 3 course special and that is what we went for, both on a diet and new the protions would be small. Our waitress acted like she didn't know about the special and when I enlighten her she told us some of the items on the menu but not all. I felt like she wanted us to order from the regular menu. That was the only bad part of the evening. Steak melted in your mouth!!!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic - as always!RobinVIPDined on 9/3/2014Morton's in Reston always delivers! Great food, great service, and an extra special touch! Every time we have a special occaision, Morton's in Reston goes out of their way to do it up right for us - in a "classy" way. This includes personalized menus, fine service, and a picture to remember.Special Features:
- Over priced with small portionsFreqRestaurantDinerDined on 9/3/2014The food is over priced and the side item portions were small. The intent is to share them but doesn't go far. The wine is way over priced. What's an $18 bottle in stores was $95 at dinner. I understand mark up, but this was over the top.Special Features:
- Always Spot OnProbosDined on 9/2/2014For my wife and I Morton's has probably been the most consistently excellent dinning experience out of all the restaurants in Reston Town Center. They don't have the most choice food-wise but what they do have the do very, very well. Food and obviouly their steaks are always top notch, good cocktails, elegant decor (yet slight understated) and great service. Is it pricey? Yes, but we always come away saying "great choice". We don't go out to eat much so laying out the cash for a good dinner at Morton's once in a while isn't too difficult a choice. Celebrated my wife's birthday there recently, let them know that before hand. They did the picture at the table, personal menus, etc -- my wife felt doted on. Perfect.Special Features:
- can't say how great everyone wasanni74Dined on 8/31/2014it was our 40th anniversary and your management and servers made us feel that we were all celebrating together. Will never forget it and will come back. BTW I already told family and friends to go to Morton's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday Celebration to RememberOaktonFoxDined on 8/31/2014We were celebrating a friend's birthday. From the time we stepped inside, they pulled out all stops to help her celebrate. The food and the service was exceptional. We ordered a a Filet Mignon mixed grill (which included shrimp and scallops), a 16 oz New York strip steak, and a three-course special menu (which included a small Morton's salad, Filet Mignon, side of garlic green beans, and Grand Marnier souffle dessert). For sides, we had Potatoes Lyonnaise and sauteed spinach with mushrooms. And a Chocolate Lava cake for dessert. All food was perfectly prepared. The wait staff was available when needed but never hovered. And, at the end, the birthday girl received a rolled up menu (tied in a ribbon) and a framed photo of the evening.Special Features:
- Always a fun night outAnneB703Dined on 8/30/2014Great steaks, super fun spot. Awesome people watching in one of Reston's nicest restaurants.Special Features:
- wonderful place to celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at Morton's this week. It was the best dining experience we have ever had. Our server was outstanding! The pace of the meal was perfect. The food was incredible. We woukd highly recommend this Morton's in Reston Town Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the bestspecialkDined on 8/23/2014The bartender Rick was a nice guy and took care of us while at the bar. The steak was more rare than medium rare. I ordered the mixed grill but i guess I didn't make that clear since they only brought out the filet instead of filet, shrimp and bacon wrapped scallops. They apologized and brought out the rest shortly. My wife also had a seafood mixed grill. The shrimp were over cooked and tough on both entrees. The timing was way off and we had a very long wait between appetizer and entrée. The Restaurant wasn't that crowded so I am not sure why the delay. I can find other restaurants with better food and less expensive. Don't need to go there again.
- Great PlaceDisney4meDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I love this place!! The staff and chef's are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Food, Pushy ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014We sat outside, the server was very pushy and obnoxious. We ordered 4 lobsters, 2 starter salads, and a baked potato. The server insisted that it wasn't enough food for us and became very pushy. We told him if we were hungry later, we would order more, he insisted that we couldn't do that. We decided on the grilled asparagus. The salads were soggy, the lettuce wasn't very fresh. All lobsters and butter came to the table cold-Unacceptable. The asparagus didn't taste good. The best thing on the table was the bread and the baked potato. The dirty plates sat on the table for about 20min. The serve also would not let us cut the souffle ourselves. He rudely insisted that he didn't want us to cut it. The check took forever to get to the table.
- LOVE LOVE LOVEKatieCinVADined on 8/19/2014Never disappointed at Morton's! Everything there is perfection, can't say enough about it!Special Features:
- Patio perfect for wine tastingtastyVIPDined on 8/15/2014The Summer wine Tasting series is wonderful. Perfect weather on the patio added to a terrific event. Paid in advance, the event offered wines a good line up of wines from Italy. Good pours with small plate of canapés. Stayed for dinner after. Excellent event, excellent food, excellent service, excellent weather.Special Features:
- Grandson was the StarRickVIPDined on 8/15/2014They treated my 12 grandson like a celebrity. Right from the start the hostess asked him "table or booth?" Personalized menus were a nice touch. The wait staff also focused on him. It was really nice. One minor issue was the crumb sweeping. I'm used to it between courses, after the salad and before dessert, and he was fascinated by the tool, but really, the wait staff swept the table at least 4 times. Steaks were cooked just as ordered. Sides were humongous in the Morton's style. I really liked the way they treated our grandson on for his birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Yum's the word!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I had been to Morton's in the past and was very satisfied then; this time, I was taking my husband out for his birthday and thought this would be the perfect location for a great steak. We were certainly not disappointed! My husband had a fantastic Porterhouse, and since I am pescitarian, I choose the Chilean sea bass, which was cooked to perfection. The wait staff was great, and the manager made sure he came over to wish my husband a happy birthday. We got "happy birthday" menus to take home, and they gave us a photo as well! Add a side note, their Bloody Marys are amazing. We will definitely return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality vs PriceJamesDined on 8/9/2014The quality of the food and the service were truly excellent... However, compared to comparable places I've dined, the prices were a little over the top... The wine selection is great if you buy by the bottle, but far less so if by the glass (too many "blends")...Special Features:
- Excellent as always!DebiDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food, wine, and service! The photo was a nice finishing touch with the complimentary birthday dessert! Love the consistency for our special occasions! We'll keep coming back! Thank you Morton's at Reston Town Center!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerJackVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had just a great dinner. Filet was cooked perfectly and delicious. Sides of creamed spinach and garlic green beans were also great. The souffle was the best we have had-light and delicious with Grand Marnier sauce. Service was attentive and really pleasant!!! Made you feel welcome. And they took a picture as we were celebrating a Birthday!Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014had the filet special. very good beef as usual. salads leave a lot to be desired. for morton's one would think a tomato or cucumber or avocado or something could be added to bland lettuce w/o anchovies to make a signature salad. need to take some looks at Fleming's and Ruths Chris for flavorful salads at a quality steakhouse.
- Downhill slide continuesMortonsNOTVIPDined on 8/6/2014Morton's has been sliding downhill since their acquisition by Landry's. The food is OK but not worth the price, and the service is absolutely horrid. I stopped in for an early dinner (5 PM) and it took me forever to get any attention is a mostly empty restaurant. Everything was a wait, my server would disappear from time to time (I'd actually get up from the table and go looking). I told them I was in a bit of a hurry since I had a 7 PM meeting, but no one seemed to notice or care. NO service recovery, nothing done well
- DanDDined on 8/2/2014I love Morton's. My New York strip steak was superb, the service, first class. Totally worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014My wife and I made reservations for my birthday. Everything was outstanding from being greeted at the door, the service, and the food.Special Features:
- First time, AnniversaryLovebirdsDined on 7/26/2014From the moment we stepped in the door we felt welcomed..The hostess greeted us w/ a smile & told us Happy Anniversary! So many stopped by our table wishing us a Happy Anniversary...Our waitress was amazing..she explained the menu so well! The food was absolutely amazing & dessert was on them which I thought was so sweet. I had a cocktail...that was one of the best I've ever had!! Our picture they took came out beautiful! Thanks Morton's in Reston for making our day special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is second to noneYoloBDined on 7/25/2014The moment we stepped into the establishment we received outstanding customer service. The staff catered to you every need and made our anniversary special. The food was just as exceptional. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just didn't meet high expectationsslobdoggDined on 7/25/2014I've been to Ruth's Cris a few times and think their service, food, and ambience are all topnotch. I expected the same or better at Mortons, but I think each aspect left a little something to be desired. The food was great and cooked as ordered. There were many lags in our service for about 15 minutes. Unfortunately one of these came right after we sat down. The music was just loud enough that coversations were interlaced with many 'whats' during our meal. Worst of all, it was freezing in there. Probably 65 degrees. In a sleeveless dress my wife rubbed her shoulders a few too many times.Special Features:
- GoodViennaLNODined on 7/25/2014Dinner was nice - food was not outstanding. Seared Ahi Tuna was ok - have had better. Ahi Tuna Tower was gross. Staff was very good and prompt service.Special Features:
- Celebration TimeFood4thoughtDined on 7/22/2014Life has not been easy in the single mother role. But we had many reasons to celebrate, so my daughter and I thought it was time. We are carnivores, so steak was easy, and we both sheepishly mentioned Morton's, knowing full well it would bust our budget. The ambience was beautiful, and we scored a seat in one of the booths. Service was great. We both ordered the filet and seafood. The scallops were possibly the star. When we remarked to the front end manager that my daughter's steak was a bit past medium rare, he offered to replace it immediately. She chose to keep it, so we were surprised with a delicious lava cake dessert on the house! We won't be able to afford the restaurant again, but it made a wonderful impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Outstanding/Restaurant LOUDAFannDined on 7/22/2014The food was outstanding but unable to conduct a conversation with the people right across the table.Special Features:
- Best food we've had in a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014I took my husband for his birthday. From the second we got there everyone made him feel special. From the hostess to the manager who came up to the table...everyone said Happy Birthday to him. They printed a special menu for us and even took our photo and had it printed and placed in cute display for us to take home. Aside from the incredible service the food was worth every penny. It is a great place for a special event but it is pricey. However, worth it. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the potatoes to the brussel sprouts were incredible. We even had the lava cake for dessert. It was made to order and way beyond those other lava cakes you get premade other places. This was a standout dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still The Best!VictorGGDined on 7/10/2014Excellent steak, terrific service. I visited Morton's twice last week and again this week; the staff was most welcoming, the atmosphere classy, and the filet mignon superb! I very much look forward to the pleasure of dining at Morton's Reston as soon as my schedule allows it. Smoking a cigar in their patio in a nice evening is a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014We were disappointed in the food this time around. The brussel sprouts were undercooked and the shrimp were over cooked.
- MenuPegleonDined on 7/5/2014We were there for the Morton Anniversary special..We were only given the regular menu and had to ask for the Anniversary menu..Did feel like they were not sharing the menu to the public..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.