Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston
11956 Market St
One Freedom Square
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: (703) 796-0128
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Dining Room:
Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday 11:30 - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Reston hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/reston
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston
Thank you for choosing Morton's - Reston. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wine, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Savor The Good Life. For over 30 years, the Steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private Boardroom information, worldwide location listing and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)notable wine list (66)romantic (60)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (45)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (29)neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (14)late-night find (9)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/25/2014Although morons provides tasty food it is clearly overpriced. Someone gas to convince me that the mashed potatoes and broccoli side dishes were worth $13 each; crazy prices. Second, not sure my 8 ounce filet was worth $ 47. I think morton's is getting by more on their name then delivery of comprable pricing of thier food. That said the service is great and the food was good but very very expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionHOWARDDined on 11/22/2014Quite possibly one of the best meals we ever had. Thank you to everyone at Morton's for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014It was our anniversary and I wanted to take my wife out to a nice dinner. We had eaten at Mortons before, at several different locations, so we went to the one at Reston Town Center. Diego, our server, was great but everything else was disappointing. The sides were noticeably smaller than the last time I ate there, the steak was very dry, the onion rings were fast food quality and the caramel drizzle on the dessert was drizzle all right, small thin drizzles on the plate but not on the actual cake. And it was loud, very loud, with music over the system adding to it. And the music was strange, not what I would call proper atmosphere music for a quality steak place. I must say that with all the other choices in Reston Town Center, we should have gone elsewhere.
- Outstanding semi business dinnerChrisDined on 11/21/2014Our group of 5 split appetizers (tuna tower and shrimp alexander) and salads (Caesar and wedge). Then shared large filet and special tomahawk ribeye sliced family style. Together with 2 bottle of great wine (Clarendon Romas 2004), side dishes and deserts... Was an outstanding diner for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJomamaDined on 11/19/2014We went to Morton's in Reston to celebrate my husband's birthday. Made the reservation one week beforehand, received reservation confirmation call on the day of, food was outstanding, service was terrific -- couldn't have been more pleased with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's in NovemberRobLDined on 11/19/2014Great food and fantastic service, but too loud for our likingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Everything was outstanding, waiters, food, etc., except for the noise level. We couldn't even carry on a conversation with the other 2 people at our table without almost yelling. Forget having a romantic dinner here. For what you pay, you should at least be able to enjoy the people with you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamelaDined on 11/15/2014The food and service was great. Except if you decline dessert and they still bring it to you, you shouldn't be charged for it.Special Features:
- Very DissappointedBillDined on 11/15/2014The restaurant was extremely noisy - think sports bar during some championship game -which was a bit much for a white tablecloth restaurant and a romantic anniversary celebration. Next despite being early on a Saturday night they did not have the Porterhouse Steak for two that we ordered. Then adding insult to injury when the steaks we were able to get came out they were luke warm and the plates were cold (Outback does significantly better at a much lower price point - maybe even quieter). After flagging down our waiter which was no easy matter this was promptly remedied, but one could ask why one should have to seek remedies when the caliber of restaurant that Morton's aspires to be should be getting it right the first time. Service was fair as we had to ask a couple of times to get some limes to go with the sparkling water we ordered - after flagging down a bus boy we finally got some. Then to pay our bill we had to get another server to take the check as our waiter was MIA. He did bring the folder back to us and did acknowledge (unsolicited) that some things were less than perfect. At much lesser restaurants I've had managers come by to apologize. Overall a very disappointing experience.
- Our service was impeccable. The food was not...JasonDined on 11/14/2014Our server was polite, informative, quick, and present without looming. The food on the other hand was just, "good". We had an appetizer, similar to one we had at the Capital Grille, prosciutto-wrapped mozzarella. It was far better at the Capital Grille. My wife ordered a ribeye. I ordered the bone-in ribeye. We have both had far better for far less money elsewhere. The cut was clearly a good one. But the flavor was just ordinary, and the price for what we got was so far outside of reason that it was almost upsetting. I paid 50+ dollars for my 22oz steak. I expected it to be fantastic, and it was less tasty than the New York strips I cook on my grill every week. The carrot cake was fantastic, but at $13+ dollars it really needed to be.Special Features:
- A Great Birthday DinneragreatmealoutDined on 11/11/2014I chose Mortons to celebrate my date's Birthday. When I made the reservation I let them know it was Kathy 's special day. When we arrived the host wished her a HBD using her name, as did the waitress. We were presented with menus that had HBD Kathy printed on them! My date was touched. The menus were collected and returned at the end of the meal rolled up like a scroll so they would not get damaged in her purse. Of course there was the complimentary Birthday dessert at the end of the meal. The food was excellent, served in a timely manner, hot and cooked just as we had ordered. My date was impressed, and so was I. Would highly recommend Mortons for your next special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonder Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Thank you for making my wife's birthday dinner very special. She especially loved it when the young man (who seated) us offered to take our picture for the special occasion. The picture he took came out beautiful, needless to say, the picture was a pleasant surprise for her, it was a thoughtful bonus on the part of Morton's. The dinner in it's entirety was scrumptious. The filet mignon was a perfect cut of meat cooked to perfection (melt in our mouth). The grilled asparagus drizzled with balsamic glaze was tasty and my wife's most favorite part of the dinner (the part she had been anxiously) anticipating for...............the chocolate molten cake, to her that is purely divine and would not share it with me. It was also a nice surprise to know that the chocolate molten cake was compliments of Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationSpecial1Dined on 11/10/2014Morton's made us feel very special. Great food and service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to standards, especially for $$$$$LynnSDined on 11/9/2014The food was average at best, and when paying over $300 for a meal for two, it becomes less than average. We each had escargot; it was gritty and not very flavorful. The "special" cut of steak my husband ordered was on the tough side, not super tasteful, as one would expect from Morton's, and certainly not what the price commands. I placed an early order for my CHOCOLATE souffle because it takes 30 minutes to prepare....hype. If it had been delicious I would have been happy to wait any amount of time, but it arrived and immediately I was disappointed. It was a basic plain (don't know what flavor, didn't seem to have a flavor) with some chocolate shavings on top!! Very disappointing! I got the small (small ramekin) for $12!! The only flavor came when the chocolate shavings melted. Big disappointment. The only really good thing were the mushrooms I ordered as a side. Unfortunately the waiter never brought my leftover mushrooms back to the table, for me to take home. Our bill did include a $68 bottle of wine. I understand making a profit, but we saw the same bottle, in a liquor store, for $19, and I'm sure that's not what Morton's paid for it. Don't go, just not worth it, the food was average at best, and I'm being generous.
- Mortons RestonOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/9/2014I had a very unfortunate experience with Mortons in Reston. I made a reservation through Open Table and I called the restaurant 5 minutes before I arrived stating that we would be just a few minutes early. Mortons made a note that we were a no-show and I received an email from Open Table stating that we did not honor the reservation and the amount of time and energy it took to fix this was absurd. Given their reputation Mortons should be much more customer friendly and not make mistakes like that.
- Order the 42 oz Porterhouseskytrooper82Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I ordered the 42 oz. PorterHouse melts in your mouth like butter it was even better when we had the leftover the next day for Lunch...Very Good selection of wine and the Key Lime pie was as good as it gets.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDrMyles7Dined on 11/7/2014The food was great and the service was outstanding. My husband and I will be back to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent decor, service and food!CharisseDined on 11/4/2014My husband and I choose Mortons to celebrate our wedding anniversary and birthday every year. We were unexpectedly surprised to see a new decor that brought Mortons up to date on a trendy look yet kept the traditional service and delicious food we treasure. Love this place!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Servicerandall1013Dined on 11/3/2014Mortons always has great steaks and a full menu of other dishes with excellent pairings--great for lunch or dinner and when the weather cooperates, and I've held quite a few business meetings out on their patio with a good cigar. Its really the service and attention to the customer that sets this restauarant above the rest of Reston's dining. I've had most of their steaks and really enjoy the new manhattan steak right now. If you go, don't hesitate to have Mardy (their sommelier) stop by the table. He always asks what the table is having, in the mood for, and any likes/dislikes--he's extremely good at what he does. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Our servers were outstanding and the food was excellent. Great job helping us celebrate a birthday. The recommendations by the staff were superb and we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- olddominionDined on 10/31/2014Filet and onion soup were excellent. Morton salad tastelessSpecial Features:
- Reuinion of old friendssammyDined on 10/27/2014We had a nice reunion dinner for some old friends from back before the millenium... old people, what fun!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerTheVirginianDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food, great bar selection, super service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014Not a family orientec restaurant. No children's menu. Children have to order from regular menu with full size entrees.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantRestongrl99Dined on 10/17/2014This restaurant has amazing food. The service incredible. Great outdoor dining as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencearmozuelaDined on 10/17/2014I like the ambience of this restaurant. I wasn't impressed by the Tomahack ribeye, looked good in the picture but too expensive for the quality received. I think the regular ribeyes are better value.Special Features:
- HTTRGoSkinsDined on 10/17/2014The service and food was excellent. The special attention we received made our 10 year wedding anniversary dinner perfect! Our server was very knowledgeable and helped us select the perfect wine. Pictures were taken of us and given as a gift, capturing our special day! That was definitely a plus!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseJaniceDined on 10/17/2014We have been dining at Morton's, Reston for many years. The food is always excellent. Since the renovations it is impossible to have a quiet dinner. The bar has been opened to the dining room up so the noise level is really loud, so now they play LOUD music to try and cover it up! It only makes it worse. Even when we moved far away from the bar the noise is bad. NO MORE QUIET ELEGANT DINING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/15/2014I would add a noise level rating 'difficult to hear one's dinner companions'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerBetterathomeVIPDined on 10/14/2014Arrived at our reservation time and checked in- immediately was asked if we were celebrating a special occasion- As it was our 8th wedding anniversary- we said yes and the hostess made us personalized menus for the table. We shared a bottle of wine and got terrific salads- and welcomed our steaks which were cooked perfectly- the side dishes were a good compliment (sour cream mashed and spinach and mushrooms.) We finished the meal with the chocolate lava cake- which the restaurant gave us for free. All and all it was a terrific night out!Special Features:
- great dinnersjk1214Dined on 10/13/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Morton's recently and had to bring our 5 year old son with us. The staff was friendly and catered to our son by letting us order from the bar menu since they didn't have a kids menu. Food was brought out quickly and was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveThisPlaceDined on 10/11/2014This is a great restaurant for special occasions. The meal will be high-priced, but the steak and wine choices are the very best you will find anywhere. The portions are large enough to warrant take home, so you'll have plenty to do an encore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but delicious birthdayHappydinerDined on 10/11/2014Food was exceptional- Chopped Salad, Steaks, Dessert- all delicious. Noisy atmosphere but the staff were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For special occasion onlyIrinaDined on 10/11/2014Very expensive but for special occasion is fit perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The food is expensive, but the best steak I have ever had. The service was great. JJ was our server and was exceptional. All the staff treated us like we were VIPs. I couldn't have asked for a better night. I wish I could afford to go there more often.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Everything was wonderful from the service to the food. Awesome anniversary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to the usual standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014This visit to this Morton's was not quite right. Four filets cooked incorrectly. Service slow in a nearly empty restaurant and when the one steak we sent back finally made it to the table 15 minutes later, the other three were cold. The manager was the one who brought the filet back. And had to be reminded about that. Overall, disappointing. Especially for a $50 per person steak.
- Nice touchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Nice touch with the personal menu for our anniversary. Although not a lot of patrons, it was too noisy.Special Features:
- Great FoodGreatSteaksforallDined on 9/15/2014Always enjoy the food And a favorite when we want steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014We ate at 8:30 pm on a Sunday, so the restaurant crowd was winding down. We were one of three tables occupied for most of our supper and the last to leave. That is why it was quiet. We’ve been there at more crowded times, and it was much more lively. The food was as great as always: good steaks, good wine, good sides, and a fabulous desert to share! Even other times when it was crowded, the wait staff has always been attentive.Special Features: