Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston
11956 Market St
One Freedom Square
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 7037960128
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Dining Room:
Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday 11:30 - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Reston hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/reston
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston
Thank you for choosing Morton's - Reston. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wine, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Savor The Good Life. For over 30 years, the Steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private Boardroom information, worldwide location listing and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)romantic (74)notable wine list (62)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (9)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- wonderful place to celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at Morton's this week. It was the best dining experience we have ever had. Our server was outstanding! The pace of the meal was perfect. The food was incredible. We woukd highly recommend this Morton's in Reston Town Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the bestspecialkDined on 8/23/2014The bartender Rick was a nice guy and took care of us while at the bar. The steak was more rare than medium rare. I ordered the mixed grill but i guess I didn't make that clear since they only brought out the filet instead of filet, shrimp and bacon wrapped scallops. They apologized and brought out the rest shortly. My wife also had a seafood mixed grill. The shrimp were over cooked and tough on both entrees. The timing was way off and we had a very long wait between appetizer and entrée. The Restaurant wasn't that crowded so I am not sure why the delay. I can find other restaurants with better food and less expensive. Don't need to go there again.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I love this place!! The staff and chef's are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Food, Pushy ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014We sat outside, the server was very pushy and obnoxious. We ordered 4 lobsters, 2 starter salads, and a baked potato. The server insisted that it wasn't enough food for us and became very pushy. We told him if we were hungry later, we would order more, he insisted that we couldn't do that. We decided on the grilled asparagus. The salads were soggy, the lettuce wasn't very fresh. All lobsters and butter came to the table cold-Unacceptable. The asparagus didn't taste good. The best thing on the table was the bread and the baked potato. The dirty plates sat on the table for about 20min. The serve also would not let us cut the souffle ourselves. He rudely insisted that he didn't want us to cut it. The check took forever to get to the table.
- LOVE LOVE LOVEKatieCinVADined on 8/19/2014Never disappointed at Morton's! Everything there is perfection, can't say enough about it!Special Features:
- Patio perfect for wine tastingtastyVIPDined on 8/15/2014The Summer wine Tasting series is wonderful. Perfect weather on the patio added to a terrific event. Paid in advance, the event offered wines a good line up of wines from Italy. Good pours with small plate of canapés. Stayed for dinner after. Excellent event, excellent food, excellent service, excellent weather.Special Features:
- Grandson was the StarRickVIPDined on 8/15/2014They treated my 12 grandson like a celebrity. Right from the start the hostess asked him "table or booth?" Personalized menus were a nice touch. The wait staff also focused on him. It was really nice. One minor issue was the crumb sweeping. I'm used to it between courses, after the salad and before dessert, and he was fascinated by the tool, but really, the wait staff swept the table at least 4 times. Steaks were cooked just as ordered. Sides were humongous in the Morton's style. I really liked the way they treated our grandson on for his birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Yum's the word!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I had been to Morton's in the past and was very satisfied then; this time, I was taking my husband out for his birthday and thought this would be the perfect location for a great steak. We were certainly not disappointed! My husband had a fantastic Porterhouse, and since I am pescitarian, I choose the Chilean sea bass, which was cooked to perfection. The wait staff was great, and the manager made sure he came over to wish my husband a happy birthday. We got "happy birthday" menus to take home, and they gave us a photo as well! Add a side note, their Bloody Marys are amazing. We will definitely return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality vs PriceJamesDined on 8/9/2014The quality of the food and the service were truly excellent... However, compared to comparable places I've dined, the prices were a little over the top... The wine selection is great if you buy by the bottle, but far less so if by the glass (too many "blends")...Special Features:
- Excellent as always!DebiDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food, wine, and service! The photo was a nice finishing touch with the complimentary birthday dessert! Love the consistency for our special occasions! We'll keep coming back! Thank you Morton's at Reston Town Center!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerJackVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had just a great dinner. Filet was cooked perfectly and delicious. Sides of creamed spinach and garlic green beans were also great. The souffle was the best we have had-light and delicious with Grand Marnier sauce. Service was attentive and really pleasant!!! Made you feel welcome. And they took a picture as we were celebrating a Birthday!Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014had the filet special. very good beef as usual. salads leave a lot to be desired. for morton's one would think a tomato or cucumber or avocado or something could be added to bland lettuce w/o anchovies to make a signature salad. need to take some looks at Fleming's and Ruths Chris for flavorful salads at a quality steakhouse.
- Downhill slide continuesMortonsNOTVIPDined on 8/6/2014Morton's has been sliding downhill since their acquisition by Landry's. The food is OK but not worth the price, and the service is absolutely horrid. I stopped in for an early dinner (5 PM) and it took me forever to get any attention is a mostly empty restaurant. Everything was a wait, my server would disappear from time to time (I'd actually get up from the table and go looking). I told them I was in a bit of a hurry since I had a 7 PM meeting, but no one seemed to notice or care. NO service recovery, nothing done well
- DanDDined on 8/2/2014I love Morton's. My New York strip steak was superb, the service, first class. Totally worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014My wife and I made reservations for my birthday. Everything was outstanding from being greeted at the door, the service, and the food.Special Features:
- First time, AnniversaryLovebirdsDined on 7/26/2014From the moment we stepped in the door we felt welcomed..The hostess greeted us w/ a smile & told us Happy Anniversary! So many stopped by our table wishing us a Happy Anniversary...Our waitress was amazing..she explained the menu so well! The food was absolutely amazing & dessert was on them which I thought was so sweet. I had a cocktail...that was one of the best I've ever had!! Our picture they took came out beautiful! Thanks Morton's in Reston for making our day special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is second to noneYoloBDined on 7/25/2014The moment we stepped into the establishment we received outstanding customer service. The staff catered to you every need and made our anniversary special. The food was just as exceptional. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just didn't meet high expectationsslobdoggDined on 7/25/2014I've been to Ruth's Cris a few times and think their service, food, and ambience are all topnotch. I expected the same or better at Mortons, but I think each aspect left a little something to be desired. The food was great and cooked as ordered. There were many lags in our service for about 15 minutes. Unfortunately one of these came right after we sat down. The music was just loud enough that coversations were interlaced with many 'whats' during our meal. Worst of all, it was freezing in there. Probably 65 degrees. In a sleeveless dress my wife rubbed her shoulders a few too many times.Special Features:
- GoodViennaLNODined on 7/25/2014Dinner was nice - food was not outstanding. Seared Ahi Tuna was ok - have had better. Ahi Tuna Tower was gross. Staff was very good and prompt service.Special Features:
- Celebration TimeFood4thoughtDined on 7/22/2014Life has not been easy in the single mother role. But we had many reasons to celebrate, so my daughter and I thought it was time. We are carnivores, so steak was easy, and we both sheepishly mentioned Morton's, knowing full well it would bust our budget. The ambience was beautiful, and we scored a seat in one of the booths. Service was great. We both ordered the filet and seafood. The scallops were possibly the star. When we remarked to the front end manager that my daughter's steak was a bit past medium rare, he offered to replace it immediately. She chose to keep it, so we were surprised with a delicious lava cake dessert on the house! We won't be able to afford the restaurant again, but it made a wonderful impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Outstanding/Restaurant LOUDAFannDined on 7/22/2014The food was outstanding but unable to conduct a conversation with the people right across the table.Special Features:
- Best food we've had in a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014I took my husband for his birthday. From the second we got there everyone made him feel special. From the hostess to the manager who came up to the table...everyone said Happy Birthday to him. They printed a special menu for us and even took our photo and had it printed and placed in cute display for us to take home. Aside from the incredible service the food was worth every penny. It is a great place for a special event but it is pricey. However, worth it. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the potatoes to the brussel sprouts were incredible. We even had the lava cake for dessert. It was made to order and way beyond those other lava cakes you get premade other places. This was a standout dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still The Best!VictorGGDined on 7/10/2014Excellent steak, terrific service. I visited Morton's twice last week and again this week; the staff was most welcoming, the atmosphere classy, and the filet mignon superb! I very much look forward to the pleasure of dining at Morton's Reston as soon as my schedule allows it. Smoking a cigar in their patio in a nice evening is a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014We were disappointed in the food this time around. The brussel sprouts were undercooked and the shrimp were over cooked.
- MenuPegleonDined on 7/5/2014We were there for the Morton Anniversary special..We were only given the regular menu and had to ask for the Anniversary menu..Did feel like they were not sharing the menu to the public..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took great care of usJoeTDined on 7/5/2014We are parents of a less than one year old boy. We had 2 Landry's coupons and had to use them, but couldn't get a baby sitter. So, we brought our boy with us for an early dinner (5:00). Obviously, Morton's is not normally the kind of place you bring an infant -but they welcomed having him there. They served us very quickly (maybe to get the baby out as soon as they could :)) and were exceptionally nice to us and great towards the baby. Their food, of course was exceptional, but the service - especially having a little one in a place not normally in a niche for little ones was really fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakJohninVADined on 7/4/2014When we are craving an excellent filet mignon, Morton's is the place we go. The filets are consistently tender, tasty, and well prepared, and the service is attentive. Parking can be difficult in this location, so we appreciate the valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Very nice to be greeted with friendly smiles and a Happy Birthday for my 17 yr old grandson. Waiter julio was very good in handling his wish for no singing and in bringing in the dessert with a quiet flourish. Steaks were melt in your mouth great and along with the side of macaroni and cheese we had more than enough to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reston location never disappoints1234VIPDined on 7/2/2014Still one of the best Morton's location around. Steak is cooked exactly the temperature you want it. Service is great. One of the few locations that has windows as well.
- Lu2dineVIPDined on 6/30/2014The dining experience was outstanding. Our server was particularly courteous and knowledgeable and it was a pleasure to have him serve us. As always, the steaks we ordered were cooked to perfection and the accompanying sides plus dessert were also excellent. The Morton's special deal offers clearly entice customers to take advantage of them. A truly enjoyable dining experience. We will definitely return to this excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Kelly was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2014Kelly was an excellent waitress and she made our special day memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionTrishDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I took our best friends out for dinner after their wedding. The staff went above and beyond in our celebration by taking pictures of us and providing personalized menus. We had an excellent time.Special Features:
- Well worth the priceSavtaDined on 6/28/2014The food was flawless - from the bread and butter to dessert. The staff was even better. Every employee we had any interaction with was pleasant and seemed genuine. I felt they wanted us to enjoy our experience and they were going to make sure we did. I gave the Ambience one less star than all my other rating because I felt the dining room was a tad to dark. That won't keep me away though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Morton'sKatieCinVADined on 6/27/2014I always enjoy myself at Morton's. Food is always perfection, service is outstanding. Never disappointed there.Special Features:
- Awesome LobsterMidtownfoodieDined on 6/27/2014Went for their special Lobster night and everyone in our group had it. We all agreed, it was the Best Lobster we all had had in a very long time. Their steaks are also top notch!Special Features:
- Morton's has changednoneDined on 6/27/2014I left our last visit to Morton's (Reston) yearning for the "old" days of quiet ambiance and an emphasis on wine bottle-dominated décor and appropriate, attentive service.Special Features:
- Not impressedUnderwhelmingDined on 6/27/2014Expensive, loud, unattractive small table in a corner under a draft, fast speaking waiter who was unintelligeible, undercooked dessert with a coffee that took forever. Just not something I would recommend or ever will repeat.
- Excellent experience all around.DinesOutNightlyDined on 6/25/2014Shrimp cocktail was fresh, large prawns and delicious cocktail sauce. One of the best chop salads ever and the ribeye prime steaks and sauces were perfect in every way. Well marbled. Cooked to precise requested temp. Service was fantastic and champagne pairing couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/24/2014I recommend you request a table or booth away from the bar. Noise level is annoying the closer you are to the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot Go Wrong With Mortonsecs132Dined on 6/22/2014We love their filets. Their appetizers are amazing, and their chocolate lava cake is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.