Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland
213 SW Clay Street
Portland, OR 97201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/portland
- Phone: (503) 248-2100
- Hours of Operation:
Join us for Power Hour & specially priced Bar Bites in our Bar....Visit mortons.com/portland for more information.
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Portland hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/portland
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (53)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (19)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Best steak in town!TheNexusDined on 11/23/2014If you want steak, this is the place to go! The food was cooked to perfection and the staff is attentive. Will definitely return sometime in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantAnnieDined on 11/19/2014I was there to have dinner with my boss. This is first time I was there for dinner. The center cut steak was really soft and tasty. Cocktail shirmp was super good and delicious. The music ans atmosphere were romantic and slow. This restaurant is a little bit pricey but you get what you paid for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for that special occation.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I took the train down from Seattle to Portland for an aniversary weekend. We chose Morton's for our special occation at it proved to be the right choice. From the moment we entered we felt like we were being treated special. All the staff were wonderful and the food was fantastic. We had the Steak and Lobster and Mixed grill plates and were very pleased. We will return again someday. Thanks so much for making our night out very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Consistently good food and service..that's why we keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Excellent food & service, didn't have the best table so the noise level was a bit much. quite expensive but great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014My and fiancées first time to a stake house and it was a great experience for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDavidartVIPDined on 10/30/2014Perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. All the staff as well as the manager were fantastic and helped to create one of the best anniversays to date. Thanks so much Rachel for your great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!!BdayDined on 10/27/2014Went to Morton's to celebrate my birthday and renew friendships. There is no better place for a steak and ambiance than Morton's Portland. It's always good and superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodrainbowfishDined on 10/24/2014The food tastes very good. The environment is also good. I like it. But the light is too dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton'sDonV12Dined on 10/21/2014It was a leisurely meal and a great server. A truly delightful evening.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Spotlive2eatDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I dined at Morton's for our 5th anniversary. The service was outstanding and the food was great! We especially enjoyed the Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella appetizer and the Sauteed Brussels Sprouts. The main courses were wonderful as well, but the thing we will probably remember most are the dishes we shared. Thanks to the staff at Morton's for making our anniversary dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGMoneyDined on 10/11/2014Made reservation day of which was nice to be able to do so late. Called them about the customized menus they do and they were able to come through. Also asked them about ordering some flowers which they said they would take care of and they did. Food was amazing yet again, as was the service. Highly recommend them especially for a special occasion. They know how to treat you right and take care of you. Oh and we forgot our flowers when we left and someone came chasing after us to bring us the flowers. What more can I say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to the KellerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We had an early leisurely dinner before a show at the Keller Auditorium. The restaurant was quiet due to our early arrival. The combined dining/show experience was special but also easy and relaxed. Try the mashed cauliflower side dish. Make sure to have a reservation.Special Features:
- Great as alwayscmcnewVIPDined on 10/5/2014Morton's is convenient in it's proximity to the Keller Auditorium. We have season tickets to the Broadway Series and feel fortunate that they are a short walk across the street, serve late, provide great service and have great food and wine options. We keep going back with the same great outcome.Special Features:
- Great placebirthdayboyDined on 9/22/2014We went to Morton's for husband's birthday. They made it very special- even personalizing the menu. While the cut of steak we chose was not the greatest they made it it right. The service was outstanding. We have always had a great meal at Morton's and always recommend it as the best steakhouse in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMyRCodeDined on 9/21/2014We let Morton's know we were having an anniversary and they were nice enough to have pre-printed menus with our name on it and let us pick any table we wanted. The service and food were both fantastic!Special Features:
- Service is sufferingSteakLoverDined on 9/20/2014Food is excellent as always, but recent ownership changes has service being more like Red Robin rather than a steakhouse. With that said, the employees are great but staffing decisions leave them covering way to many tables.
- Traditional SteakhousenoodlesVIPDined on 9/18/2014Had a delicious meal at Morton's. It is a traditional steak house. Portions are huge. Service was rushed and we had to send our entrees back because they were served before we were even half done with our salads. Would expect more from a fine dining establishment. We fully expected our steaks to be overcooked when they were served at the appropriate time but they were perfect. Creamed spinach was delicious. Sharing is encouraged which is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Worth every penny!AmyFVIPDined on 9/18/2014Came here for my 42nd birthday and it did not disappoint. My husband and daughter both got steaks and they were perfection. I got the beef rib and scallops and it was a delight. The service is spectacular. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodDJSLATERDined on 9/17/2014We both had the fillet mignon that was cooked perfectly along with the double cooked potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good serviceboomerDined on 9/16/2014We were going to concert at keller next door. We arrived at 7pm and concert was at 8pm. We orders many items and felt satisfied considering the time frame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Everything about this meal was excellent. To start we had a 6:45 reservation and we were seated promptly at 6:45. The service was good and our waiter was very good at explaining all of the dining options available. I had the Filet Mignon and it was cooked perfectly, exactly how they described it would be when I told them how I wanted it cooked. The sides were plentiful and very tasty. We finish off our dinner with a chocolate souffle which was prepared beautifully and tasted great. The evening was a bit spendy but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer FinaleJMSTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I always like Morton's for their excellent food quality - I'm always assured a great steak and that's just what I got. The garlic green beans were prepared perfectly and tasted great. My filet was cooked just as I like it and tasted wonderful. It was a good meal. And, our waiter was personable and engaging. We had a great night.Special Features:
- excellent foodtroydDined on 9/6/2014Server very personable that improved overall experience. Little on the high side. Dinner for two over $200. I don't mind paying it as long asthe food wwarrants it. I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyplantnerdDined on 9/5/2014Your restaurant is so noisey it interferes with the conversation. However, I do realize that most people don't care.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceLuvfoodDined on 9/3/2014We got there a little early. Made extremely welcomed by bartender, Justin, even when told floor was not open yet. Bests drinks I've ever had served. Food was wonderful. Kevin our server was wonderful. We were there for our 26 anniversary. We were so full we decided not to eat dessert. Kevin comes out with a lemon soufflé on the house. Even though we were stuffed, it was so light and airy as well as scrumptious we ate it all. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Fine DiningVette00Dined on 8/27/2014The food was fantastic and prepared to everyone at the tables requirements. There was a large group (corporate perhaps) in the back of the restaurant that was noisy making conversation difficult. Took away from the evening. Otherwise an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- The $40 specialMiloVIPDined on 8/26/2014We went for the advertised special and it was really great. The shrimp scampi, 6 oz filet, creamed spinach, green beans, key lime pie, and grand mar souffle were all the best. Service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- loudDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the food, the only thing that was distracting we were seated next to a large group of people which did become at times rather noisy.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, food and serviceMemeDined on 8/19/2014What can I say? The food was delicious and perfectly prepared. The attention to detail and service paid to us by both our server and the manager on duty made our celebration dinner extra special. Everything we ordered from each course only added to the selection enjoyed before. The shrimp cocktail is beautifully served and a perfect first course, as are the crab and lobster cocktails. If there are a few of you then the towers are a terrific and flavorful option. The steaks are tender, flavorful and were perfectly prepared. I tried the stuffed shrimp entrée this time and was not disappointed. The abundance of crab was a nice surprise. The chocolate soufflé is a must have! It serves two and is so worth the wait.Special Features:
- Great eveningHKP1Dined on 8/13/2014It was our anniversary. Morton's went above and beyond to make it special. Taking a photo of us and having the staff sign it was a great touch. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServicebasilrDined on 8/9/2014We wanted an up- market experience for my wife's birthday and the attention to detail (eg personalized menu and photo) were wonderful. Great aged steaks. Nice ambience and friendly professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014One dinner out of two was not that good, steak was done correctly but dry and not hot--Ordered medium rare which it was--Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks Morton's pdxOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Had a great experience for our 3rd anniversary! Thanks to the gm Steve meek and our server, Mark! Btw, join the Landrys clubSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great table5catsDined on 8/1/2014The food was good - but not awesome - and the service a bit slow to get us our first drink. The restaurant was not full, and we made a reservation, but we had a booth that everyone had to walk past to go to the restroom. It was also near a banquet area so we got some of that traffic. Granted - it was a booth - but we were kind of stuck in a traffic zone - and we did let them know it was our anniversary.Special Features:
- I'll give it another tryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/27/2014Food took an hour to arrive but once it did we thought it was good and our steaks were cooked just right. The host offered us a couple of drinks on the house but they showed up as a charge on our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 912 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland reviews archive.
- Great PlacerobcoxDined on 7/19/2014It's always a favorite for special events. The food and service is outstanding. I just wish there was a little more light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre-show dinnerlove2dineinSFDined on 7/18/2014I picked this restaurant because it was across from Keller auditorium and I liked what I saw on their web site. This is a great place for dinner before a show. Our server, Kris, was outstanding. He assured us that we had plenty of time before the show and helped us select menu items that would not take too long to prepare. Our food arrived in short order, yet we did not feel rushed. We ordered their Burrata Salad, Lobster Bisque, and Crab Cake. Each item was very good, although a little pricey. ($18.50 for one crab cake is a bit much.) But the convenience of being across from Keller and next to the parking garage was also a plus. And they have a wheelchair lift. We'll be back the next time we attend a show at Keller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMiloVIPDined on 7/17/2014We had the 6 oz filet and shrimp scampi and both were excellent. To top off the meal, we enjoyed the gran mar souffle that was the best we tasted in 20 years' The bar, staff, and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014Noise level this time - loud. Conversation difficult. Usually pick Morton's for quiet and comfortable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.