Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland
213 SW Clay Street
Portland, OR 97201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/portland
- Phone: 5032482100
- Hours of Operation:
Join us for Power Hour & specially priced Bar Bites in our Bar....Visit mortons.com/portland for more information.
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Portland hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/portland
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (44)notable wine list (40)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (11)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Wow! Worth every penny!AmyFVIPDined on 9/18/2014Came here for my 42nd birthday and it did not disappoint. My husband and daughter both got steaks and they were perfection. I got the beef rib and scallops and it was a delight. The service is spectacular. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodDJSLATERDined on 9/17/2014We both had the fillet mignon that was cooked perfectly along with the double cooked potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014We were going to concert at keller next door. We arrived at 7pm and concert was at 8pm. We orders many items and felt satisfied considering the time frame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Everything about this meal was excellent. To start we had a 6:45 reservation and we were seated promptly at 6:45. The service was good and our waiter was very good at explaining all of the dining options available. I had the Filet Mignon and it was cooked perfectly, exactly how they described it would be when I told them how I wanted it cooked. The sides were plentiful and very tasty. We finish off our dinner with a chocolate souffle which was prepared beautifully and tasted great. The evening was a bit spendy but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer FinaleJMSTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I always like Morton's for their excellent food quality - I'm always assured a great steak and that's just what I got. The garlic green beans were prepared perfectly and tasted great. My filet was cooked just as I like it and tasted wonderful. It was a good meal. And, our waiter was personable and engaging. We had a great night.Special Features:
- excellent foodtroydDined on 9/6/2014Server very personable that improved overall experience. Little on the high side. Dinner for two over $200. I don't mind paying it as long asthe food wwarrants it. I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyplantnerdDined on 9/5/2014Your restaurant is so noisey it interferes with the conversation. However, I do realize that most people don't care.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceLuvfoodDined on 9/3/2014We got there a little early. Made extremely welcomed by bartender, Justin, even when told floor was not open yet. Bests drinks I've ever had served. Food was wonderful. Kevin our server was wonderful. We were there for our 26 anniversary. We were so full we decided not to eat dessert. Kevin comes out with a lemon soufflé on the house. Even though we were stuffed, it was so light and airy as well as scrumptious we ate it all. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Fine DiningVette00Dined on 8/27/2014The food was fantastic and prepared to everyone at the tables requirements. There was a large group (corporate perhaps) in the back of the restaurant that was noisy making conversation difficult. Took away from the evening. Otherwise an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- The $40 specialMiloVIPDined on 8/26/2014We went for the advertised special and it was really great. The shrimp scampi, 6 oz filet, creamed spinach, green beans, key lime pie, and grand mar souffle were all the best. Service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- loudDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the food, the only thing that was distracting we were seated next to a large group of people which did become at times rather noisy.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, food and serviceMemeDined on 8/19/2014What can I say? The food was delicious and perfectly prepared. The attention to detail and service paid to us by both our server and the manager on duty made our celebration dinner extra special. Everything we ordered from each course only added to the selection enjoyed before. The shrimp cocktail is beautifully served and a perfect first course, as are the crab and lobster cocktails. If there are a few of you then the towers are a terrific and flavorful option. The steaks are tender, flavorful and were perfectly prepared. I tried the stuffed shrimp entrée this time and was not disappointed. The abundance of crab was a nice surprise. The chocolate soufflé is a must have! It serves two and is so worth the wait.Special Features:
- Great eveningHKP1Dined on 8/13/2014It was our anniversary. Morton's went above and beyond to make it special. Taking a photo of us and having the staff sign it was a great touch. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServicebasilrDined on 8/9/2014We wanted an up- market experience for my wife's birthday and the attention to detail (eg personalized menu and photo) were wonderful. Great aged steaks. Nice ambience and friendly professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014One dinner out of two was not that good, steak was done correctly but dry and not hot--Ordered medium rare which it was--Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks Morton's pdxOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Had a great experience for our 3rd anniversary! Thanks to the gm Steve meek and our server, Mark! Btw, join the Landrys clubSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great table5catsDined on 8/1/2014The food was good - but not awesome - and the service a bit slow to get us our first drink. The restaurant was not full, and we made a reservation, but we had a booth that everyone had to walk past to go to the restroom. It was also near a banquet area so we got some of that traffic. Granted - it was a booth - but we were kind of stuck in a traffic zone - and we did let them know it was our anniversary.Special Features:
- I'll give it another tryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/27/2014Food took an hour to arrive but once it did we thought it was good and our steaks were cooked just right. The host offered us a couple of drinks on the house but they showed up as a charge on our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacerobcoxDined on 7/19/2014It's always a favorite for special events. The food and service is outstanding. I just wish there was a little more light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre-show dinnerlove2dineinSFDined on 7/18/2014I picked this restaurant because it was across from Keller auditorium and I liked what I saw on their web site. This is a great place for dinner before a show. Our server, Kris, was outstanding. He assured us that we had plenty of time before the show and helped us select menu items that would not take too long to prepare. Our food arrived in short order, yet we did not feel rushed. We ordered their Burrata Salad, Lobster Bisque, and Crab Cake. Each item was very good, although a little pricey. ($18.50 for one crab cake is a bit much.) But the convenience of being across from Keller and next to the parking garage was also a plus. And they have a wheelchair lift. We'll be back the next time we attend a show at Keller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMiloVIPDined on 7/17/2014We had the 6 oz filet and shrimp scampi and both were excellent. To top off the meal, we enjoyed the gran mar souffle that was the best we tasted in 20 years' The bar, staff, and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014Noise level this time - loud. Conversation difficult. Usually pick Morton's for quiet and comfortable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT YOU GETOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014$350.00 got us a modest meal for four; my steak was fatty - cooked properly, but not high quality. There are many other high-end steak houses available. The seafood tasted fresh, BUT was double the price that we would have expected for what came to the table. The wine list is absurd - I could get a bottle delivered from the Columbia Valley for the prices they charged, and the domestics were not even from the best vintners in that location. All-in-all: I won't go back... this is a bit too pretentious for the money and it absolutely detracted from the experience. The ambience and service were nice, but we went for the meal - so it wasn't THAT nice. The overpriced entrees came basically a la carte. Maybe we just went on an off night ; )
- Overpriced and saltyFoodie69Dined on 7/12/2014I was supremely disappointed in tr food at Morton's. I will not be back. The food was super salty, lacking imagination and extremely fatty and greasy. From the Brussel sprouts to the halibut to the chicken and steak. Everything was so salty and with added far there were no other flavors. Parts of our meal did not come out together and we were practically finished with our meal before they brought out one of our side dishes. It was so dark I couldn't read the menu and so loud and over crowded I couldn't hear the people at my table.
- bad food at a lofty pricerh894Dined on 7/10/2014don't pay their ridiculous prices for their less-than-mediocre food. I went with a group before a show at the keller auditorium and not a single person at the table thought their food was good, let alone worth the high price tag. lobster bisque in particular was really bad - lobster was so tough i could barely chew it.
- perfect foodcarolDined on 7/8/2014My friend and I eat At Morton's before every play at Keller auditorium. The food is almost always very good, but this week every thing was perfect. Both of our steaks were melt in your mouth perfect. The cream corn had a delicious flavor and not heavy at all. The service was excellent and we were taken care of very well. It was a great experience. We'll be back in the fall for the next play unless I can't wait that long.Special Features:
- Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!Wonderful40thBday4HusbandDined on 7/6/2014I made reservations for my husband's 40th birthday! Morton's made it very special and unexpected by printing "Happy 40th Birthday" at the top of all 4 menus placed at our table, they also gave us a photo of are family dinning, wonderful keepsake. The service was wonderful. We had our two daughters, 13 and 8, with us. Morton's made my daughters feel special and treated them very well also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MealEzlenaDined on 7/5/2014It was an absolutely perfect meal. The filet was done perfect, the horseradish mash potatoes were perfect! Onion soup was not salty, like no other! Even the bread was outstanding, like the outside of an onion bagel.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2014Had the anniversary menu (limited time promo) great value. Would come back again for a special occasion...Special Features:
- Great Steak Dinner4theloveoffoodDined on 6/30/2014It's my mothers favorite restaurant. It always great specials and dining. We will always continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNicenottocookDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food and service. Complimentary dessert for our anniversary. The first time I've been there when I didn't have steak, the seafood was delicious.Special Features:
- Good for the most part.SonjaDined on 6/14/2014Morton's is a great place for special occassions & for dining after a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely outstanding!kjmbDined on 6/13/2014Wonderful, perfect dinner before the show at the Keller - bartender's awesome cadillac margarita (with fresh lime juice!), bone-in rib-eye with cognac/foie gras sauce, creamed spinach and new discovery (though I know it's been around for a while) horse radish mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday Worth BelatingScotchAndSteakSavantVIPDined on 6/12/2014You know how it goes: out of town for a birthday, return straight into a crammed week of work, and pretty soon the event itself falls by the wayside. But with somewhere like Mortons to go for that special meal, it is CONSIDERABLY harder to forget. The special bone-in filet was cooked to perfection, the wine (a Daou reserve '10 from the Central Coast) proved a perfect complement, and they even printed us custom menus to commemorate the occasion. The staff, needless to say, couldn't have been nicer. THIS is what fine dining among friends, including everyone manning the kitchen, the bar, and all the hosting stations, is all about.Special Features:
- Amazing food!TheNexusDined on 6/7/2014Absolutely the best steak I've eaten! Highly recommend coming here for their steak; I'll definitely be coming back more and plan on checking out their happy hour soon!Special Features:
- Brit FloydBufordgoneDined on 6/7/2014We went there before our concert and had small bites and drinks and were served quickly and with a smile. The group around us was also there for the same venue and so we had a great time visiting about the upcoming concert. It was a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJRD01162014Dined on 6/4/2014Awesome greeting, flowers (I ordered) already on the table, 9th anniversary, perfectly prepared food. They never disappoint. Bring your big purse, but it is all worth it. JohnSpecial Features:
- ExcellentLuisoDined on 5/24/2014Never been dissapointed, great food, attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark and mysteriousGaviDined on 5/24/2014I wonder how many diners end up with sprained ankles after tripping and falling in the dark, shadowy dining room of Morton's? Factor in wine and high heels, a few hidden steps, and it seems like a recipe for awkwardness.Special Features:
- The following 891 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland reviews archive.
- Birthday dinnerKarenDined on 5/18/2014We love Mortons. We've been to the Waikiki and Portland locations and both have wonderful food and service. Unfortunately we can only really afford this once a year because we have appetizer, meal, dessert and usually a bottle of wine but we look forward to it every year.Special Features: