Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland
213 SW Clay Street
Portland, OR 97201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/portland
- Phone: 5032482100
- Hours of Operation:
Join us for Power Hour & specially priced Bar Bites in our Bar....Visit mortons.com/portland for more information.
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Portland hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/portland
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (39)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (16)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- High End Fine DiningVette00Dined on 8/27/2014The food was fantastic and prepared to everyone at the tables requirements. There was a large group (corporate perhaps) in the back of the restaurant that was noisy making conversation difficult. Took away from the evening. Otherwise an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- The $40 specialMiloVIPDined on 8/26/2014We went for the advertised special and it was really great. The shrimp scampi, 6 oz filet, creamed spinach, green beans, key lime pie, and grand mar souffle were all the best. Service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- loudDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the food, the only thing that was distracting we were seated next to a large group of people which did become at times rather noisy.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, food and serviceMemeDined on 8/19/2014What can I say? The food was delicious and perfectly prepared. The attention to detail and service paid to us by both our server and the manager on duty made our celebration dinner extra special. Everything we ordered from each course only added to the selection enjoyed before. The shrimp cocktail is beautifully served and a perfect first course, as are the crab and lobster cocktails. If there are a few of you then the towers are a terrific and flavorful option. The steaks are tender, flavorful and were perfectly prepared. I tried the stuffed shrimp entrée this time and was not disappointed. The abundance of crab was a nice surprise. The chocolate soufflé is a must have! It serves two and is so worth the wait.Special Features:
- Great eveningHKP1Dined on 8/13/2014It was our anniversary. Morton's went above and beyond to make it special. Taking a photo of us and having the staff sign it was a great touch. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServicebasilrDined on 8/9/2014We wanted an up- market experience for my wife's birthday and the attention to detail (eg personalized menu and photo) were wonderful. Great aged steaks. Nice ambience and friendly professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014One dinner out of two was not that good, steak was done correctly but dry and not hot--Ordered medium rare which it was--Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks Morton's pdxOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Had a great experience for our 3rd anniversary! Thanks to the gm Steve meek and our server, Mark! Btw, join the Landrys clubSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great table5catsDined on 8/1/2014The food was good - but not awesome - and the service a bit slow to get us our first drink. The restaurant was not full, and we made a reservation, but we had a booth that everyone had to walk past to go to the restroom. It was also near a banquet area so we got some of that traffic. Granted - it was a booth - but we were kind of stuck in a traffic zone - and we did let them know it was our anniversary.Special Features:
- I'll give it another tryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/27/2014Food took an hour to arrive but once it did we thought it was good and our steaks were cooked just right. The host offered us a couple of drinks on the house but they showed up as a charge on our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacerobcoxDined on 7/19/2014It's always a favorite for special events. The food and service is outstanding. I just wish there was a little more light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre-show dinnerlove2dineinSFDined on 7/18/2014I picked this restaurant because it was across from Keller auditorium and I liked what I saw on their web site. This is a great place for dinner before a show. Our server, Kris, was outstanding. He assured us that we had plenty of time before the show and helped us select menu items that would not take too long to prepare. Our food arrived in short order, yet we did not feel rushed. We ordered their Burrata Salad, Lobster Bisque, and Crab Cake. Each item was very good, although a little pricey. ($18.50 for one crab cake is a bit much.) But the convenience of being across from Keller and next to the parking garage was also a plus. And they have a wheelchair lift. We'll be back the next time we attend a show at Keller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMiloVIPDined on 7/17/2014We had the 6 oz filet and shrimp scampi and both were excellent. To top off the meal, we enjoyed the gran mar souffle that was the best we tasted in 20 years' The bar, staff, and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014Noise level this time - loud. Conversation difficult. Usually pick Morton's for quiet and comfortable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT YOU GETOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014$350.00 got us a modest meal for four; my steak was fatty - cooked properly, but not high quality. There are many other high-end steak houses available. The seafood tasted fresh, BUT was double the price that we would have expected for what came to the table. The wine list is absurd - I could get a bottle delivered from the Columbia Valley for the prices they charged, and the domestics were not even from the best vintners in that location. All-in-all: I won't go back... this is a bit too pretentious for the money and it absolutely detracted from the experience. The ambience and service were nice, but we went for the meal - so it wasn't THAT nice. The overpriced entrees came basically a la carte. Maybe we just went on an off night ; )
- Overpriced and saltyFoodie69Dined on 7/12/2014I was supremely disappointed in tr food at Morton's. I will not be back. The food was super salty, lacking imagination and extremely fatty and greasy. From the Brussel sprouts to the halibut to the chicken and steak. Everything was so salty and with added far there were no other flavors. Parts of our meal did not come out together and we were practically finished with our meal before they brought out one of our side dishes. It was so dark I couldn't read the menu and so loud and over crowded I couldn't hear the people at my table.
- bad food at a lofty pricerh894Dined on 7/10/2014don't pay their ridiculous prices for their less-than-mediocre food. I went with a group before a show at the keller auditorium and not a single person at the table thought their food was good, let alone worth the high price tag. lobster bisque in particular was really bad - lobster was so tough i could barely chew it.
- perfect foodcarolDined on 7/8/2014My friend and I eat At Morton's before every play at Keller auditorium. The food is almost always very good, but this week every thing was perfect. Both of our steaks were melt in your mouth perfect. The cream corn had a delicious flavor and not heavy at all. The service was excellent and we were taken care of very well. It was a great experience. We'll be back in the fall for the next play unless I can't wait that long.Special Features:
- Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!Wonderful40thBday4HusbandDined on 7/6/2014I made reservations for my husband's 40th birthday! Morton's made it very special and unexpected by printing "Happy 40th Birthday" at the top of all 4 menus placed at our table, they also gave us a photo of are family dinning, wonderful keepsake. The service was wonderful. We had our two daughters, 13 and 8, with us. Morton's made my daughters feel special and treated them very well also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MealEzlenaDined on 7/5/2014It was an absolutely perfect meal. The filet was done perfect, the horseradish mash potatoes were perfect! Onion soup was not salty, like no other! Even the bread was outstanding, like the outside of an onion bagel.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2014Had the anniversary menu (limited time promo) great value. Would come back again for a special occasion...Special Features:
- Great Steak Dinner4theloveoffoodDined on 6/30/2014It's my mothers favorite restaurant. It always great specials and dining. We will always continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNicenottocookDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food and service. Complimentary dessert for our anniversary. The first time I've been there when I didn't have steak, the seafood was delicious.Special Features:
- Good for the most part.SonjaDined on 6/14/2014Morton's is a great place for special occassions & for dining after a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely outstanding!kjmbDined on 6/13/2014Wonderful, perfect dinner before the show at the Keller - bartender's awesome cadillac margarita (with fresh lime juice!), bone-in rib-eye with cognac/foie gras sauce, creamed spinach and new discovery (though I know it's been around for a while) horse radish mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday Worth BelatingScotchAndSteakSavantVIPDined on 6/12/2014You know how it goes: out of town for a birthday, return straight into a crammed week of work, and pretty soon the event itself falls by the wayside. But with somewhere like Mortons to go for that special meal, it is CONSIDERABLY harder to forget. The special bone-in filet was cooked to perfection, the wine (a Daou reserve '10 from the Central Coast) proved a perfect complement, and they even printed us custom menus to commemorate the occasion. The staff, needless to say, couldn't have been nicer. THIS is what fine dining among friends, including everyone manning the kitchen, the bar, and all the hosting stations, is all about.Special Features:
- Amazing food!TheNexusDined on 6/7/2014Absolutely the best steak I've eaten! Highly recommend coming here for their steak; I'll definitely be coming back more and plan on checking out their happy hour soon!Special Features:
- Brit FloydBufordgoneDined on 6/7/2014We went there before our concert and had small bites and drinks and were served quickly and with a smile. The group around us was also there for the same venue and so we had a great time visiting about the upcoming concert. It was a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJRD01162014Dined on 6/4/2014Awesome greeting, flowers (I ordered) already on the table, 9th anniversary, perfectly prepared food. They never disappoint. Bring your big purse, but it is all worth it. JohnSpecial Features:
- ExcellentLuisoDined on 5/24/2014Never been dissapointed, great food, attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark and mysteriousGaviDined on 5/24/2014I wonder how many diners end up with sprained ankles after tripping and falling in the dark, shadowy dining room of Morton's? Factor in wine and high heels, a few hidden steps, and it seems like a recipe for awkwardness.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerKarenDined on 5/18/2014We love Mortons. We've been to the Waikiki and Portland locations and both have wonderful food and service. Unfortunately we can only really afford this once a year because we have appetizer, meal, dessert and usually a bottle of wine but we look forward to it every year.Special Features:
- AmazeballsYummyeatsDined on 5/17/2014Very friendly waitstaff and energetic attitude. Very helpful and educated on menu items. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but really loud!Out2dinnerVIPDined on 5/17/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate a birthday. Everything about it was great except the noise. I don't think I've ever been in a noisier restaurant. It's such a shame because the food and service were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningmybabooDined on 5/17/2014We celebrated my husbands 60th Birthday at our favorite spot. We knew the food and service would be fabulous and wanted to share the experience with our adult children and friends! It could not have been better, we are still talking about it! The wait staff was the best of the best and we can hardly wait to spend another evening there soon. I haven't mentioned the food, we all ordered something different and everyone was pleased with their meal, how could you not be. Nice touch to have menus with the heading 60th Birthday. Making reservations online was so easy with a follow up call by Morton's confirming. THE BEST 60th Birthday and evening for all 10 of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip to PortlandBIllDined on 5/16/2014First time to Portland and since we both felt like steak and quiet, we decided to hit Morton's since we have had such good luck at other locations around the country. Great choice!!! Mark, the server, was fantastic. The manager came by and we talked about California and wines. Fantastic experience. Great service and the usual high quality food.Special Features:
- WaleeDined on 5/15/2014A great place for a lovely dinner before the show at Keller Auditorium.Special Features:
- The following 885 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Portland reviews archive.
- Great TreatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014Morton's is a classy restaurant, an iconic piece of Portland. I took my wife to Morton's as part of her birthday celebration and was treated to complimentary wine and dessert. They even took a birthday picture and placed it in a make shift frame. Hell, they even had a special birthday menu for my wife. DeShawn, the manager was outstanding as was our waitress Michelle.Special Features:
- Good food however.....RibeyeHunterDined on 4/29/2014The food was good but lacked the attractive visual experience one would expect to find at a resteraunt of this caliber. The service, was adequate, but lacked the feel of fine dining compared to other resturants in this price range.Special Features:
- Over RatedtreesrusmoDined on 4/26/2014We felt the food was highly over rated and over priced. My husbands steak was tasty but tough. My steak was ok, the scallops were great but my shrimp was tough. It seemed ridiculous to pay $50 for a steak and still have to add a salad and potatoes. We won't go back :(