Morton's The Steakhouse - Pittsburgh
EQT Plaza, 625 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4122617141
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5pm - 10pm, Friday - Saturday 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Pittsburgh hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/pittsburgh
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Pittsburgh
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Pittsburgh - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (64)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- PaulDined on 9/6/2014Unfortunately we were unable to dine at Morton's as there was a fire at the restaurant prior to our reservation
- Restaurant on fire!HotdinerDined on 9/6/2014We had 5:45 reservations which they called to confirm @ 4:30. Approximately 5:00 or 5:15, there was a duct fire which closed the restaurant down, and which we found out about by attempting to get to restaurant and seeing all the fire equipment. Thank you Hyde Park for accommodating our party of six on short notice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's does it againRickDined on 8/31/2014As usual, superb service and fabulous food. We will return soon!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner at Morton'sLuv2eatDined on 8/31/2014We celebrated my birthday at Morton's. They sure know how to treat a birthday girl!!! Had a wonderful dinner with exceptional service. Great place to celebrate a special occasion! Loved the chocolate molten cake and key lime pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedAbearDined on 8/30/2014Made a reservation on line and they asked if we were celebrating anything special. I told them it was our anniversary. Everyone greeted us with Happy Anniversary. They gave us menu's that had Happy 34th Anniversary printed on the top. They also took our picture and put it in a nice cardboard frame and wrote Happy 34th Anniversary in silver pen. Then they gave us a complimentary dessert. We were pleasantly surprised by all the fuss and greatly appreciated it.Special Features:
- Morton's ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Celebrated a friend's 70th birthday. Morton's made her feel "truly special" with a picture of the event and a free dessert of her choice. Food was fantastic; everything we could have wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeMDined on 8/30/2014Picture with frame for our anniversary was a nice touch and they also made the desert we ordered on the house, which was a unexpected surprise. Staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful. Morton is always a great dinning experience with going over the top in terms of fanciness.Special Features:
- Great food but PRICEYgreatsteakDined on 8/29/2014the food was delicious but it's definitely not a place i would visit more than once in a few months because it's very pricey. service was great and atmosphere is nice and calm.Special Features:
- Morton's has become COMMON.JimFromPittsburghVIPDined on 8/29/2014A warning to all. The old gray mare ain't what she used to be. I have been going to Morton's for about 12 or 13 years. This time we ordered from the summer special menu. When you order from a special menu you get a much downgraded version of their food. Small thin fillet. Microscopic chocolate mousse instead of the big one that the person next to you is getting. The service including the hostess and waitress was outstanding but obviously they cannot control what they bring out. The meal was priced at a discount but I was left feeling like I had a discounted meal. Kind of sad overall. I am glad the Capital Grille is not pulling this kind of stuff on their customers. I will be going there. They are not doing themselves a favor by doing thisSpecial Features:
- patnhooDined on 8/29/2014We have been dining at Morton's for years and it has never disappointed. Food/service/valet service/atmosphere always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerpantherDined on 8/29/2014I had a nice dinner by myself at Morton's in Pittsburgh.
- babeDined on 8/28/2014We had dinner at Mortons for our anniversary and they went above and beyond!!!! Our waiter was exceptional and very helpful. He had an outstanding personality and an asset to your restaurant. We will be coming back in the future. We had dinner there on August 28th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!RxJess83Dined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed a spur of them moment dinner with a friend here on Monday night. We enjoyed ourselves immensely. Everyone was very welcoming, accomodating and made you feel so comfortable, as if we had been long time guests! I will definitely be going back here for all special occasions. My steak was overcooked, however they were extremely apologetic and swiftly corrected it. Also, Jeff the bartender was AMAZING. Such a very nice guy, very knowledgeable on what to drink with the different things you are eating, and knew when to bother us and when to quietly service us. All around fantastic dinner experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceMandMDined on 8/23/2014First time at Morton's and they treated us like family and made sure everything was perfect. Our water glasses did not go empty at all! Not even half full....they were constantly on the ball.....the food was cooked to perfection and the waiter was amazingly focused on us despite all of his tables in the surrounding area - the entire experience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster NightLobsterniteDined on 8/22/2014As always Paul is one of the Best a Bartenders in Pittsburgh. Great price for the lobster special. Steven helped us make an excellent wine choice to compliment the filet as well as the lobster. Food was tender, juicy, & delicious.Special Features:
- Well-done punishmentMishaDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I tried Morton's for the first time during restaurant week. We both love steaks and could not wait to try the 6oz filet mignon. I was worried about ordering steak out however because I am that rare breed that likes well-done steak. I thought that I would risk it and order the steak anyway because the chef is a professional and should understand even if they disagree with how I like my steak. Well, I was served my well-done steak but it was significantly smaller than my husband's (who ordered his steak medium) and it was not shaped like his either. The chef told me it was because it was cooked longer, but since we grill steak at home and this never happens I know that answer is not true. That was disappointing for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable eveningspecialnightmealDined on 8/17/2014I had steak and my dining companion had the pork chop. Both were tender, tasteful and cooked exactly how we ordered it. I can't talk enough about the creamed corn. It's not at all what most people would consider creamed corn, not mushy, and blended with bits of ham. I would go again just to order the corn. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!TheAmbrosesDined on 8/16/2014Every course was executed beautifully & tasted of perfection. The ahi tuna tower, 5 onion soup, & jumbo stuffed shrimp w/ crab cakes were my favorites. My husband loved the steak- tender, smokey, & smooth like butter. Great for a first date or special occasions, we'll definitely be trying again sometime in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the MoneyvequalsirDined on 8/15/2014Great selection of steak and seafood. The wait staff was helpful with navigating the menu and was very attentive to our table. Our dinner was not rushed. They have an extensive wine list offering wines by the bottle or the glass. The prices are high, but well worth the money.Special Features:
- Special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014We were celebrating one week til our wedding and they really went out of their way to make it a special evening! They took our photo and gave us commemorative menus that added to the already great service from the hostess, manager, and our server TC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningLovemesomesteakDined on 8/15/2014Danny was a great waiter and explained the menu very well. We were there for restaurant week and plan on attending again in the future. The staff was friendly and professional which made the experience great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FitzDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I have never experienced Morton's so we thought Pgh Restaurant week would provide us with a good opportunity. The food and wine were very good. The staff were exceptional from the moment you entered the restaurant. We will return and enjoy again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencebethmcDined on 8/14/2014Outstanding service, great food, melt in your mouth filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday DinnerYumInPGHDined on 8/13/2014Even though we went to Morton's during Restaurant Week, they still made the evening special. Letting us know that even though we didn't tell them that we were celebrating a birthday, they still gave us three free photos of the group. Our waitress was busy but still made sure we had everything we needed without asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of Town GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014We had friends in from Texas during Restaurant Week in Pittsburgh. We were pleased with the pricing, choice of the menu and the efficient service. The quality of food for this special menu was not diminished from the regular menu. Kudos to the staff.Special Features:
- Great place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My wife and I celabrated our 26th anniversary at Morton's and we had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the staff welcomed us with open arms. They surprised us by giving us menu's with Happy Anniversary on them and they took our picture and put it in a card that said Happy 26th Anniversary. We had a fantastic evening and I highly recommend it if you want to have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton'sMaryDined on 8/13/2014This was our first visit which happened during Pittsburgh Restaurant week. The food was incredible and our server JR was amazing. I would recommend anyone who has not been here to definately check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningkingfishDined on 8/13/2014We were walked thru the menu and our server made excellent recommendations. This was our second time at Morton's and it was as good as the first time.Special Features:
- Morton's reviewfirsttimeDined on 8/12/2014The food was outstanding. My wife and I agreed that we had what was probably the best steak we have ever tasted.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Tried Morton's for restaurant week. Usually go to Capital Grill or Ruth Chris for a good steak but wanted to give it a try. My steak was overdone and didn't look right. Maybe they used cheaper steaks since it was Restaurant Week, but either way, I plan to spend my money elsewhere in the future.
- Great for restaurant weekPgh11Dined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed the restaurant week menu. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationGirlsniteoutDined on 8/11/2014Girls nite out celebrating b-days.. I've never been treated so special as we were still Morton's. Everything was perfect. Restaurant week was the best time to try this restaurant; food was awesome with multiple choices. This restaurant went out of their way to make us feel special. Shout out to the manager and our server Sean. Can't wait to return for our Christmas girl's nite out. Our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as AlwaysStudebs502Dined on 8/10/2014This is a frequent choice between my wife and I. The latest visit was to celebrate my birthday. As usual we had nothing but the finest service and food. The staff was attentive as always and welcoming given the celebration. Food was exquisite as usual. My steak was prepared to a perfect medium as requested and the crab for the Oscar style was impeccable. As per usual the experience is second to none.Special Features:
- Save your money.Tim15209Dined on 8/8/2014Very nice atmosphere. Server was nice, although our order was wrong and we felt rushed. Absolutely no presentation of the food. Biggest complaint was paying $9 + $5 tip for valet parking. I had parked my own car out front because the valet was busy with someone. Took him my keys, after we ate, we went out, paid the valet, and he had never moved my car from where I parked it. We have dined at all the steak houses in Pittsburgh and would certainly return to Ruth Chris although they lack the atmosphere, but make up for that with the food, or Hyde Park, which has both the atmosphere and great food, along with valet parking where they actually do park your car and get you your car. Save your money, there are better restaurants in Pgh.
- Excellent dinnerSteakfanDined on 8/3/2014Great dinner from appetizers to dessert including the best steak I've had in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicenapollomooseDined on 8/1/2014As always - the service at Morton's is beyond reproach - they are attentive, filling your every need and want. From the bartender to the wait staff, and the management they really know how to take care of you! Only issues I have with the restaurant - is the decor to me is always dark and a bit out-dated. Really sure this issue can be addressed since there are no windows. And last the food quality, in my view has dropped a notch - the Tuna Tower had more chips then Tuna and the lyonnaise potatoes are not what they use to be - it looked to me to be pre-packaged potatoes. On the other hand the steak we got was amazing! So was the desert! It is one of my favorite places and I will go back many times!Special Features:
- No double porterhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Came for my girlfriend's birthday as we normally do and ordered the 48oz double porterhouse for two. The waitress then went to tell the chef the order and he said they didn't have any, so she had to come back and apologize to us. She said we could just get 2 24oz porterhouses instead (which is $2 more expensive to buy that way) or we could look for something else. It seems fair that they would offer the 2 24oz porterhouses to us at the same price as the 48oz since they made no prior mention that they didn't have any, but they never made the offer. The manager came over to apologize and say they had a busy weekend and sold out and do not get meat deliveries on Monday, then said he hoped we were enjoying our experience. Otherwise excellent!Special Features:
- A Great Special OccasionColeDined on 7/26/2014A friend and I went out here a couple days ago as a welcome home party after she was vacationing for a couple weeks. This was my second time at Morton's as I usually frequent the Capital Grille down the road. I must say that Morton's really turned my attention away from Capital. I had a fantastic meal with a fantastic server (Rich). As many people know, Morton's is an upscale steakhouse, full expect to spend around $45 for your steak alone (a la carte). But it is well worth it!Special Features:
- Good solid meal --but a bit priceytrube78Dined on 7/26/2014Overall a good meal but not up with the best chop houses. A bit pricey as well. Recommended but not my favorite. At least two better in Pittsburgh.Special Features:
- Dinner and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014Pittsburgh has numerous high end steak options now, but this is still the best. The food is outstanding and the service makes the evening special.Special Features: