Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
1411 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2155570724
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Philadelphia hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/philadelphia
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
Thank you for reserving at Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com. Please note: To assure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (46)romantic (33)good for groups (21)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Expensive but great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014I finally got my family to Mortons in Philadelphia after making the mistake of taking them to Ruths Christs in Princeton, NJ. Whereas RC is expenseive and leaves you feeling ripped off, Mortons is great food and great service (at a price which is high but acceptable for great steak with all the great appetizers and sides).Special Features:
- our birthdays and anniversary spotByrdmanDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I always spend our special occasion here. We love the atmosphere here. Now the food, OMG!!!! I had the porterhouse steak, it melted in my mouth!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSeafoodDined on 8/11/2014Has been a long time since I've been a true up scale restaurant. I live near AC, Cape May and have been to most of the areas finest places have not been treated as well. (Have not been to Morton's AC restaurant) Just the bartender alone was great, knew how serve a 12 yr. old scotch without asking, haven't seen that for a long time. Wait staff was wonderful and very attentive. Don't drink wines much anymore so just had a glass the house cabernet which we were all very impressed with. Steaks were cooked to everyone's order, the baked potatoes were perfect and we split a Mac and Cheese between 3 of us and couldn't finish it all. Unfortunately, pressed for time so no deserts. Top of list of places to go now. Thank you!Special Features:
- Always a PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014Always receive great service and high quality foods. Always love coming back here!! :)Special Features:
- Good food, very priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food was definitely good just not sure worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakhousetouristsDined on 8/5/2014This particular Morton's is unusual in decor--not the traditional steakhouse look, but one large room with many tables; colored tablecloths and high-backed chairs. Don't know the history, but appears as if it may have previously been an Asian restaurant. The staff were friendly and efficient, our Morton's salads were bountiful and delicious (get it with the anchovies), our medium-rare filets were cooked perfectly, and we'd also highly recommend the spinach & mushrooms side dish. It was not a busy evening, so the quiet ambience was excellent for extended conversation with my dining partner, who is a professional colleague. Overall, a really pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent-as always!CraigVIPDined on 7/20/2014Morton's never ceases to impress. Had dinner in the bar, great glass of Cabernet, medium veal chop and Brussel sprouts. Perfection all around Tomas was a great guide for the evening.Special Features:
- The BestStephanieLee4022Dined on 7/16/2014This was the best experiance I have ever had.. The food was absolutely outstanding, the steak was perfection and dessert was decedant. I was my friends birthday and they even took a picture of us and signed it. IF you ever go you MUST ask for Erica, she was the best server I've ever had at any resturaunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Usual!beadieDined on 7/13/2014Morton's great food, service and atmosphere made for a wonderful 60th birthday! I look forward to my next fine dining experience there. I give it 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy! :)4CESDined on 7/13/2014Always enjoy our dinner @ Morton's. Bacon Wrapped Scallops one word, "Amazing".... Some of our guests were first time diners and they were impressed at how good it was! From start to finish, it was a pleasure!Special Features:
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Perfect as always. Fantastic waitress. Bibb salad is highly recommended. Steak phenomenal. Morton's sundae is one of the best desserts I've ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in PhillyeatlikeamanDined on 7/6/2014The food here is absolutely amazing, I have never had a steak that tastes as good! I look forward to visiting and I always have my family bring me here when they come visit me at college!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealAmyfromJerseyDined on 7/6/2014Food and service were great as usually. Always a great meal at MortonsSpecial Features:
- BirthdayDinerDined on 7/3/2014We went to Morton's for my birthday and we had an amazing dinner. The food was wonderful and the service was probably the best I ever had in quite sometime.Special Features:
- Beef. It's What for Dinner!NoWWtodayDined on 6/28/2014The Filet mignon was perfect. The salmon was so tender and juicy. The crabmeat was literally like butter, since it was put in the sauce. I had shrimp two ways, and liked them both. Our server, George, was attentive and entertaining. He also treated my mother-in-law to her dessert, since it was her birthday. He and our hostess, Mison (not sure of the spelling), were also gracious enough to take our picture with our respective cell phones per request, and this was in addition to the standard picture the restaurant takes of you and prints for you to take home for a special occasion. The champagne cocktail was awesome. I would've given 5 stars if the manager hadn't avoided our table twice while making his rounds. Overall, very nice.Special Features:
- great. exceptriggz23Dined on 6/21/2014We ask for our entree leftovers to be boxed and never got them. Waiter gave us our sides and salad but forgot the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "Foodies" Review: A Smart Choice!CulinaryExpeDISHionsDined on 6/17/2014Morton's accommodating, very friendly staff make each customer feel as though they are the only customers in the room- regardless of how many others are there. The food is of high quality, is consistently DELICIOUS, generous portions cooked EXACTLY as you desire and mindful and careful of food allergies. We celebrated our 30th Anniversary dinner in the Philadelphia, Center City location. They surprised us with a special anniversary dated menu, took our photo and then presented it to us in a framed greeting. A lovely surprise. Morton's is a great place to go for couples, special holidays, with friends, for business or small parties in their private rooms. We look forward to returning soon. We had an OUTSTANDING experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrated !!kennywDined on 6/15/2014First i would like to say i enjoyed the Chicago bone in rib eye but it was not worth nearly $60. I also had a $13 salad and $5 cranberry juice . Texas roadhouse offers equal tasting steaks along with 2 sides and a drink for $30 . Mortons is OK but i won't return there if I'm going to spend that kind of paper I'll go back to peter lugers in NYC whose porterhshould be on everyone's bucket list. Lastly, i tipped george my waiter $20 bcuz he was friendly and did his job appropriately.Special Features:
- Well done steak done wellNewcomerVIPDined on 6/15/2014Since I like my steaks closer to well done, I am always pleased when a restaurant gets it right. My steak was cooked perfectly as was my wife's veal chop. Sides dishes were excellent too. We combined an evening at the theater with dinner here and it made for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!TlovinDined on 6/14/2014Good was amazing!!! Our server George was absolutely wonderful and made our experience that much better!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sumptuous meal for $ 49ScienceVIPDined on 6/11/20144 course meal at this price with a real good cut of filet mignon is worth every penny. I had tired a Californian Blend, Conundrum. It has a very different finish and a distinct plum taste and flavors of currant and maybe mocha. It was delicious. Also, our server Rob was a great guy.Special Features:
- Unbelievable Customer ServiceNJBillDined on 6/6/2014When making the reservation on-line, I said our dinner was celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary. When we arrived at Morton's, they handed us personalized menus with Congratulations 5th Wedding Anniversary across the top. The waitress took our picture, printed it out and presented it to us in a Morton's frame with a personalized note. And of course they treated us to dessert. This place knows what customer service is all about. They go way above expectations and make your evening one to really remember.Special Features:
- DisappointedMeatLoverDined on 5/31/2014Service from Ericka was outstanding. Had veal chop, mushroom special and spinach. Veal chop was nice but sides were not hot, mushrooms tasteless and tough. Coffee not good, so ended with that. If staff wasn't so nice (they took the mushrooms off of the bill), I would have really not liked it. Morton's used to be better.
- A special night outNeedtogetoutDined on 5/24/2014Last night's dinner was wonderful. The service was excellent. We both had the surf and turf price fixe, allowing us both to try different menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We picked a Friday night when most people would be traveling for the holiday. We were looking for a quiet evening with good company and good food. That's exactly what we received. The people at Morton's did an outstanding job. That's why we go back frequently. The food and service is consistently perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, neat serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Food was excellent, without any qualms with that or dissatisfaction. The service was also equally superb, and the being open until 10 pm is a great find in a neighborhood where many of the restaurants close much earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wife 30th bdayGunnDined on 5/16/2014We had an amazing time. Everything was perfect. Our service was out of this world. One negative was that my wife and I like our steaks med/medwell. Our server did tell us that our steaks would be butterflied. Our last time here and all other steak houses around never done that. I feel paying over $50 for a piece a steak, it should be good. Our steaks were not good at all. The rest of the food was amazing. We had many appetizers, salads, soups, sides, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant in Town!HappyDinerDined on 5/2/2014Morton's was the best choice for celebrating my boyfriend's birthday. The service and experience was excellent. I would definitely return in the future. They get an A+ in my book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meatNanaoukDined on 5/1/2014We has Big meat Juicy and well served. Steaks are amazing could be sharedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's DisappointeddrCC2VIPDined on 4/27/2014I have been going to Morton's for years, but for my last few visits, they seem to be declining. The prices continue to go up, but the portions and the quality of food declines. It is unfortunate because it was a favorite spot, but I can no longer reconcile spending the money for a less than fair meal.
- The following 817 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- Morton's: the Standard in Steak.SanojmonVIPDined on 4/20/2014My wife and I have been here twice. And it's been a perfect plate every single time. Food: The steaks are cooked to exactly how you want it. But it's not just their steaks, it's everything else on the menu also! I had their 'watermelon' salad. I usually hate salad, but this one salad made me a fan. Service: Exactly what you want. Not hanging around or in your face, but there right when you need them, and they have great recommendations. Decor: Nice, classy little joint. Ambience: Very relaxed, but fancy. Overall, a bit pricey, but you get fantastic food and great service. This is the standard of a great steakhouse.Special Features:
- One of Philly's bestFoodFanDined on 4/19/2014Our dinner experience at Morton's was outstanding. Although some have complained about the dining area being upstairs, I felt the drama of the stair case and the lush decor made it more theatrical. Our waiter George was so attentive -- he was welcoming, funny, and obviously well-versed in both the dinner and wine menu. Our daughter has serious food allergies, and both George and the manager, put our minds to ease with their attention to her diet restrictions, allowing us to relax and enjoy a truly delightful dinner. Our steaks were done perfectly per our requests, and the sides were well-seasoned and delicious complements to our entrees. The salmon was flavorful and moist. Although a bit pricey, it was money well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sf322Dined on 4/13/2014MY wife and I had a very nice time at your restaurant! The food was incredible! The waiter was very nice and informative. They took our picture, printed it and gave it to us in a little frame with happy anniversary written in it! A very nice touch!! We had a great time!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Fine Dining Experience!LuigiVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had an absolutely wonderful dinner with great service and fine wine! There is nothing better than that! Thanks for the memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Anniversary gift everFMH4LIFEDined on 4/12/2014Everything was great. Steak was delicious but the mashed potato were out of this world!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful experienceeasyrepDined on 4/12/2014We had a wonderful experience at Morton's Steakhouse. It was our 6th wedding Anniversary and Morton's made it very special by just doing little things like having a menu made specifically for us with our wedding date on the top and taking a photo of the two of to remember this special occasion. Everyone that worked there was very nice and made sure that we had everything that we asked for. Our waitress, Erica, was excellent she was pleasant and very knowledgable with regards to the menu and wine list. The food was also excellent our steaks were cooked perfectly and the sides were declicious and enough to share for two. Overall I would definately recommend Morton's and I am looking forward to my next dining experience with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- other patronsbill2014Dined on 4/10/2014I was extremely disappointed in one couple that sat two booths down from us on 4/10 @5:30 dining. The man with the quest did more cursing at the table that was heard at my table. i was extremely embarrass from my wife and I. The only thing i could think of was that this person was in the wrong place and should have had dinner somewhere else. This type of manner is not acceptable. I was have to consider this location in the future when I attend another function at that Academy of Music. This situation was the only item i had a problem with, the entire staff was fantastic. Hopefully i will return in the future. Again, thanks for taking my concerns.Special Features:
- Great night out!merespeDined on 4/5/2014My fiance and I had an incredible dinner at morton's last weekend. We were celebrating his new promotion. Best meal we've had in a long time! We had the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella add an appetizer which was delicious. For an entree I had the 6oz filet with bacon wrapped scallops and shrimp. I had the Foley prepared Oscar style which was absolutely incredible. My fiance had the 12oz filet with blue cheese butter and he loved it! Wet also tried the truffle fries which were very interesting! Then we shared a key lime pie which was definitely big enough to share. Perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but not forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Food was good, but not for the price. I think other restaurants at the same price level would provide a better experience. I ordered a Medium 12oz Filet ($50), which looked more like Rare than Medium. Otherwise the appetizers were tasty, and the service was friendly, but you could definitely find a better high end steakhouse in Center City.
- Go To RestaurantSWilliamsDined on 3/28/2014We were celebrating my husband's 45th birthday and we received a customized menu wishing him a happy birthday. Along with the exceptional food, Morton's took the time to take a picture of my husband and I to celebrate his birthday. It came with a customized card to hold the picture inside. Our waiter was very helpful and assisted us throughout our choices for the night. From here on out Morton's will be my go to restaurant. This is the place to be to enjoy a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.