Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
1411 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2155570724
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Philadelphia hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/philadelphia
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
Thank you for reserving at Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com. Please note: To assure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (37)good for groups (28)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The food is not tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We love steak,we always ate in restaurants in Europe and have always been pleased with the food,but this time we were struck,We got very angry!These steak and food in this restaurant is not worth so much money,how much they put on these dishes and it is not tasty!!!!!Steak was completely burn and black,we ordered medium well roasting and it was with blood!!!!it was all without any spices and salt,no taste!!!and cost 57$!!!Then we brought the potato,we constantly order these potatoes at other restaurants,but this was just not tasty and she looked awful!!!Brusseles sprouts were the most common.The salad "Tuna Tower" was ordinary!The only tasty dish,it was a chocolate cake with ice cream.And for all we paid 240$, we were very upset😏
- Great except for one thing!muscovyDined on 9/11/2014We ate at Morton's for restaurant week and the food was delicious. However, my filet, which was ordered medium well, came out very rare. My sister's and daughter's filets came out perfect and one was also medium well. I sent it back and it came out still rare so it went back a second time. By the time I got the filet back, the other two diners were done eating. I expected the manager to address this but nothing was done. Poor customer service. For this reason, I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week - Great Deal28annivDined on 9/11/2014We went during restaurant week, and for $35 a person, it was an incredible deal. The Filet Mignon and Salmon were delicious. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mortonshappyDined on 9/9/2014I really enjoyed the relaxed dining room, the food was hot, the steak melted in your mouth, the waiter was very friendly and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at Morton'sDeliciousDined on 9/9/2014Four of us dined at Morton's mid-week during Restaurant Week. The food was very good, including the dessert. The ambiance was pleasing. Upon arriving, we learned that there was no valet. Usually this would be OK but it is in an area with lots of restaurants, theatres, traffic, one-way streets. The driver parked close by but it took 20 minutes to pick us up. The booths at the restaurant were a tight fit and the table had to be moved out for anyone to get in or out. Basically, it was an enjoyable evening and we all agreed that we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksOutandAboutDined on 9/8/2014You can't go wrong with a Morton's steak dinner. Quality meat, cooked to perfection with tasty sides and professional service. My wife and I went a bit late on a Monday evening during restaurant week, so the place was pretty quiet. The atmosphere was pleasant, the service excellent and the food delicious.Special Features:
- ElegantEbonyCook30Dined on 9/5/2014Very beautiful restaurant relaxed atmosphere great decor Cadillac margarita was delicious not watered down food was excellent customer service was excellent also i definitely will be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Date Nightbsiravo1Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I dined here on a sat night, we made reservations but you definitely don't need them in the summer as Philly restaurant life slows down. I get Morton's emails so they were offering a 4course option for $40. Includes, salad, entree, side dish, and desert. We both took advantage of this promotion and it was more than enough food. We've dined in every major steakhouse in Philadelphia and have never been let down of the quality of the meat Morton's provide. Unlike other steakhouses in the city I will leave nameless, you are dining in a much classier and upscale environment when you dine here. If your looking for something special or romantic and want an enjoyable and memorable evening, choose Morton's. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Mediocre in PhiladelphiaVespaGirlDined on 8/23/2014I went with a friend to celebrate her birthday. The dining room had a table of 10 who were apparently drunk and cackling at high pitch which changed the traditional ambience for Morton's fine dining. From there, we were suggested a summer special martini with passion fruit which, we honestly believe, contained no alcohol. We were there to try the limited time offer summer special, three courses $40. The waiter did try to upsell to a not on the menu deal for $69 that included additional options and the full, not half salad. We decided to stay with the lighter meal. Salad was plenty, a bit overdressed. Both our petite filet mignon's were well prepared and delicious. A Morton's fan, yet not so much for this location.
- Outstanding service!CSFoodieDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I went for her birthday this year. We've been several times previously and they once again provided an excellent dinner. I notified them ahead of time that it was her birthday and they included nice little touches like a custom "Happy Birthday" menu, a free chocolate souffle and a souvenir photo. Within a minute of my meal coming out, the waiter commented he thought the salmon was overcooked and apologized profusely. I didn't even get an opportunity to say anything. Following that, the manager came by and also apologized and comped the meal. I personally thought it was a touch overdone, but would have eaten it without issue. But they insisted it wasn't to their standards. Great food and unrivaled service!Special Features:
- nice place to have a good steakjmazahrehVIPDined on 8/21/2014Just don't order salmon. I ordered salmon well done and it came out 10 min after everyone else's food. It was still very raw.. they took it back.. everyone (8 people) was done eating and enjoyed their meals including steaks and chicken before my salmon came back.. it still wasn't even medium on the inside. They said try it, it may just look like that so I went against my feeling and tried a bite and had to spit it back out. So even though I wasn't a fan.. everyone else was with their rib eye, porterhouse and filets, including sides and desserts. Just don't order salmon if you like it cooked thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but great valueDBBTrumbullDined on 8/16/2014I finally got my family to Mortons in Philadelphia after making the mistake of taking them to Ruths Christs in Princeton, NJ. Whereas RC is expenseive and leaves you feeling ripped off, Mortons is great food and great service (at a price which is high but acceptable for great steak with all the great appetizers and sides).Special Features:
- our birthdays and anniversary spotByrdmanDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I always spend our special occasion here. We love the atmosphere here. Now the food, OMG!!!! I had the porterhouse steak, it melted in my mouth!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSeafoodDined on 8/11/2014Has been a long time since I've been a true up scale restaurant. I live near AC, Cape May and have been to most of the areas finest places have not been treated as well. (Have not been to Morton's AC restaurant) Just the bartender alone was great, knew how serve a 12 yr. old scotch without asking, haven't seen that for a long time. Wait staff was wonderful and very attentive. Don't drink wines much anymore so just had a glass the house cabernet which we were all very impressed with. Steaks were cooked to everyone's order, the baked potatoes were perfect and we split a Mac and Cheese between 3 of us and couldn't finish it all. Unfortunately, pressed for time so no deserts. Top of list of places to go now. Thank you!Special Features:
- Always a PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014Always receive great service and high quality foods. Always love coming back here!! :)Special Features:
- Good food, very priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food was definitely good just not sure worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakhousetouristsDined on 8/5/2014This particular Morton's is unusual in decor--not the traditional steakhouse look, but one large room with many tables; colored tablecloths and high-backed chairs. Don't know the history, but appears as if it may have previously been an Asian restaurant. The staff were friendly and efficient, our Morton's salads were bountiful and delicious (get it with the anchovies), our medium-rare filets were cooked perfectly, and we'd also highly recommend the spinach & mushrooms side dish. It was not a busy evening, so the quiet ambience was excellent for extended conversation with my dining partner, who is a professional colleague. Overall, a really pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent-as always!CraigVIPDined on 7/20/2014Morton's never ceases to impress. Had dinner in the bar, great glass of Cabernet, medium veal chop and Brussel sprouts. Perfection all around Tomas was a great guide for the evening.Special Features:
- The BestStephanieLee4022Dined on 7/16/2014This was the best experiance I have ever had.. The food was absolutely outstanding, the steak was perfection and dessert was decedant. I was my friends birthday and they even took a picture of us and signed it. IF you ever go you MUST ask for Erica, she was the best server I've ever had at any resturaunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Usual!beadieDined on 7/13/2014Morton's great food, service and atmosphere made for a wonderful 60th birthday! I look forward to my next fine dining experience there. I give it 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy! :)4CESDined on 7/13/2014Always enjoy our dinner @ Morton's. Bacon Wrapped Scallops one word, "Amazing".... Some of our guests were first time diners and they were impressed at how good it was! From start to finish, it was a pleasure!Special Features:
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Perfect as always. Fantastic waitress. Bibb salad is highly recommended. Steak phenomenal. Morton's sundae is one of the best desserts I've ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in PhillyeatlikeamanDined on 7/6/2014The food here is absolutely amazing, I have never had a steak that tastes as good! I look forward to visiting and I always have my family bring me here when they come visit me at college!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealAmyfromJerseyDined on 7/6/2014Food and service were great as usually. Always a great meal at MortonsSpecial Features:
- BirthdayDinerDined on 7/3/2014We went to Morton's for my birthday and we had an amazing dinner. The food was wonderful and the service was probably the best I ever had in quite sometime.Special Features:
- Beef. It's What for Dinner!NoWWtodayDined on 6/28/2014The Filet mignon was perfect. The salmon was so tender and juicy. The crabmeat was literally like butter, since it was put in the sauce. I had shrimp two ways, and liked them both. Our server, George, was attentive and entertaining. He also treated my mother-in-law to her dessert, since it was her birthday. He and our hostess, Mison (not sure of the spelling), were also gracious enough to take our picture with our respective cell phones per request, and this was in addition to the standard picture the restaurant takes of you and prints for you to take home for a special occasion. The champagne cocktail was awesome. I would've given 5 stars if the manager hadn't avoided our table twice while making his rounds. Overall, very nice.Special Features:
- great. exceptriggz23Dined on 6/21/2014We ask for our entree leftovers to be boxed and never got them. Waiter gave us our sides and salad but forgot the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "Foodies" Review: A Smart Choice!CulinaryExpeDISHionsDined on 6/17/2014Morton's accommodating, very friendly staff make each customer feel as though they are the only customers in the room- regardless of how many others are there. The food is of high quality, is consistently DELICIOUS, generous portions cooked EXACTLY as you desire and mindful and careful of food allergies. We celebrated our 30th Anniversary dinner in the Philadelphia, Center City location. They surprised us with a special anniversary dated menu, took our photo and then presented it to us in a framed greeting. A lovely surprise. Morton's is a great place to go for couples, special holidays, with friends, for business or small parties in their private rooms. We look forward to returning soon. We had an OUTSTANDING experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrated !!kennywDined on 6/15/2014First i would like to say i enjoyed the Chicago bone in rib eye but it was not worth nearly $60. I also had a $13 salad and $5 cranberry juice . Texas roadhouse offers equal tasting steaks along with 2 sides and a drink for $30 . Mortons is OK but i won't return there if I'm going to spend that kind of paper I'll go back to peter lugers in NYC whose porterhshould be on everyone's bucket list. Lastly, i tipped george my waiter $20 bcuz he was friendly and did his job appropriately.Special Features:
- Well done steak done wellNewcomerVIPDined on 6/15/2014Since I like my steaks closer to well done, I am always pleased when a restaurant gets it right. My steak was cooked perfectly as was my wife's veal chop. Sides dishes were excellent too. We combined an evening at the theater with dinner here and it made for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!TlovinDined on 6/14/2014Good was amazing!!! Our server George was absolutely wonderful and made our experience that much better!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sumptuous meal for $ 49ScienceVIPDined on 6/11/20144 course meal at this price with a real good cut of filet mignon is worth every penny. I had tired a Californian Blend, Conundrum. It has a very different finish and a distinct plum taste and flavors of currant and maybe mocha. It was delicious. Also, our server Rob was a great guy.Special Features:
- Unbelievable Customer ServiceNJBillDined on 6/6/2014When making the reservation on-line, I said our dinner was celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary. When we arrived at Morton's, they handed us personalized menus with Congratulations 5th Wedding Anniversary across the top. The waitress took our picture, printed it out and presented it to us in a Morton's frame with a personalized note. And of course they treated us to dessert. This place knows what customer service is all about. They go way above expectations and make your evening one to really remember.Special Features:
- DisappointedMeatLoverDined on 5/31/2014Service from Ericka was outstanding. Had veal chop, mushroom special and spinach. Veal chop was nice but sides were not hot, mushrooms tasteless and tough. Coffee not good, so ended with that. If staff wasn't so nice (they took the mushrooms off of the bill), I would have really not liked it. Morton's used to be better.
- A special night outNeedtogetoutDined on 5/24/2014Last night's dinner was wonderful. The service was excellent. We both had the surf and turf price fixe, allowing us both to try different menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We picked a Friday night when most people would be traveling for the holiday. We were looking for a quiet evening with good company and good food. That's exactly what we received. The people at Morton's did an outstanding job. That's why we go back frequently. The food and service is consistently perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 822 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- Great menu, neat serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Food was excellent, without any qualms with that or dissatisfaction. The service was also equally superb, and the being open until 10 pm is a great find in a neighborhood where many of the restaurants close much earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wife 30th bdayGunnDined on 5/16/2014We had an amazing time. Everything was perfect. Our service was out of this world. One negative was that my wife and I like our steaks med/medwell. Our server did tell us that our steaks would be butterflied. Our last time here and all other steak houses around never done that. I feel paying over $50 for a piece a steak, it should be good. Our steaks were not good at all. The rest of the food was amazing. We had many appetizers, salads, soups, sides, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant in Town!HappyDinerDined on 5/2/2014Morton's was the best choice for celebrating my boyfriend's birthday. The service and experience was excellent. I would definitely return in the future. They get an A+ in my book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meatNanaoukDined on 5/1/2014We has Big meat Juicy and well served. Steaks are amazing could be sharedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.