Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
1411 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (215) 557-0724
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Philadelphia hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/philadelphia
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
Thank you for reserving at Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com. Please note: To assure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (38)notable wine list (30)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The Death of a great SteakhouseMRP1017Dined on 11/16/2014It was a good run. The nights I have spent at Morton's all across the world will be fodder for stories until I die. But unfortunately and very sadly the ride has come to a screeching halt. My recent experience at my local Morton's was pleasant and partially enjoyable. Morton's always got the service right. Never a wait to remove soiled plate and always friendly service. My night was none the lessor. Our server was well trained and courteous and right on the money with more than just a smile. Drinks came and then appetizers (short rib tacos) and the night progressed like every other Morton's night I have had over the past 20 years. Tacos were wonderful and savory. Salad was ice cold and just the right amount of dressing. Then chaos set in. I ordered my usual 18oz. NY Strip medium with peppercorns. Warm and pink and juices flowing. But here's what went wrong. That glorious, juicy slab of red tasty goodness was not the 18oz that I have come to enjoy but now downsized to 16oz. A full half an inch shorter than what I have come to expect from my utopia of meat. I felt like I was in a Sizzler. Gone was the dense mountain of meat, charbroiled and thick and in its place was the new owners version of what they are passing off to the public. A Choice sliver of beef that I feel I could buy in any supermarket and cook myself. I thought this was a misteak (lol) but my two other companions who ordered the same cut got the same sliver of cow. What happened when Lowery bought the Morton's chain? Is THIS where they are cutting costs?? THE MEAT? FKG REALLY? A wave of sadness came over me when I finally realized the steakhouse I had cherished was gone. Gone were the best steaks I have ever had and I have eaten steak all across the world. From high end to low and from Kobe beef to 180 day aged I think I have seen most. But Morton's was always the mecca I came back home to. Now its gone. Also lost in all of this was the size of the souffle that is now half and barely feeds one. RIPSpecial Features:
- a bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014something went wrong in the kitchen, I hope they can tell us next time before we order... they gave us the cake for free. But still, it should never happen at Morton's.
- Amazing experienceFoodie27Dined on 11/6/2014It was absolutely perfect I would recommend everyone to try Morton's at lease once I could kiss the chef that's how amazing it wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014First time at Morton's, think I was expecting a bit more atmosphere, room is very plain. Service was very good.Food was very good but not a lot for the price. Drinks were good. Noise level disappointing due to a toddler taking a temper tantrum SEVERAL times, crying and screaming. Overall nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but way overpricedRob12Dined on 10/18/2014Pretty environment,Friendly service, great staff but the food was extremely Over priced, it could have atleast cane with a side for the price you pay. IV gone to places just as nice and got double the food for that price. Although it was a nice location I don't believe I will be returning.Special Features:
- outwith2friendsDined on 10/12/2014The service was outstanding and the steaks, prime ribs etc were cooked to the exact specification that were requested (Rear, Medium etc). The staff was very professional and the ambiance was just right.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceTomHDined on 10/4/2014We had a nice quiet dinner on an early Saturday evening. Food was cooked as ordered and server was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In declineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014I have always been a fan of Morton's however my most recent experience was below par. First the crying baby during the meal was great. Not a problem if I am at Chili's but not when I am spending $60 on a NY Strip Steak. Appetizers were bad. The seared tuna had way TOO much seasoning. This was all you tasted. The Morton's Salad had little flavor. My steak that I had been thinking about all day did not taste much better than if I purchased a steak at Giant, added some Montreal Steak flavoring and put on the grille. Oh, I told the waiter we wanted wine with our steak and he brought the steaks out first and then I had to ask about the wine. Sorry for $300 I should expect more.
- ProposedDeuceZDined on 9/20/2014Decided on Morton's as the location I was going to propose to my girlfriend. Had been to the location on Fort Lauderdale but not the one in center city. Called in earlier on the week and they were very accommodating. Mishan* the manager of the night was EXTREMELY helpful. The food was A+, ambiance was a little louder than I would have expected but still classy. All in all I was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dressupDined on 9/20/2014Food was great, service was outstanding. However it was a little loud an some customers were a little under dressed. If Im paying over $200.00 for a nice dinner I really don't want to have to look at at men sitting eating with baseballs caps on. Maybe they should enforce a dress code.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!mattyice15Dined on 9/19/2014Our experience at Morton's was fantastic! The people were great, the food was amazing, and the atmosphere was perfect. If you are looking to have a classy meal, this is the spot for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014The Best in the Biz food, service, and ambience all 5 starSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaymanDined on 9/18/2014Great food and reasonable pricing because it was "restaurant week", otherwise quite pricey. Lighting was good as opposed to too many dark places.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014The menu is a bit pricey but well worth it, they are very attentive and I loved that they remembered my name and used it whenever they spoke to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our experience:)AandTluvMortonDined on 9/18/2014My fiance and I had an amazing and memorable experience. The whole staff was awesome! We celebrated his 30th birthday and this experience is one we will never forget and we definitely will go back to Mortons steakhouse!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok...AmBomb87Dined on 9/18/2014Our waiter only told us the specials after we overheard the waiter at the other table saying them. It felt like the staff was hawking and watching you eat. For the money the service and food could be a lot better than ok. That's all that really comes to mind. I would go back if I had a gift card like I did this time.Special Features:
- Top NotchDexterVIPDined on 9/17/2014Dined last evening at Morton's in The city. It was one of the best experiences we have ever had. The food was primo and the service from our waiter George was top notch. The manager Steve visited our table and chatted with us which is a personal touch that really spoke to what type of restaurant Morton's is. When you go, be sure to order their famous chocolate desert, A WINNER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week at Morton'sweliketoeatwellDined on 9/17/2014We had an excellent meal, as always, at Morton's Steakhouse on 9/17/14. We have dined here before, and we are always very happy with the total dining experience. Excellent food, excellent and attentive service, beautiful dining room - who could ask for more??!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is not tastyKatieDined on 9/13/2014We love steak,we always ate in restaurants in Europe and have always been pleased with the food,but this time we were struck,We got very angry!These steak and food in this restaurant is not worth so much money,how much they put on these dishes and it is not tasty!!!!!Steak was completely burn and black,we ordered medium well roasting and it was with blood!!!!it was all without any spices and salt,no taste!!!and cost 57$!!!Then we brought the potato,we constantly order these potatoes at other restaurants,but this was just not tasty and she looked awful!!!Brusseles sprouts were the most common.The salad "Tuna Tower" was ordinary!The only tasty dish,it was a chocolate cake with ice cream.And for all we paid 240$, we were very upset😏
- SteakTablefor1Dined on 9/12/2014This is a wonderful place for a great steak.It will melt in your mouth and the bread will knock you off your chair.Special Features:
- Great except for one thing!muscovyDined on 9/11/2014We ate at Morton's for restaurant week and the food was delicious. However, my filet, which was ordered medium well, came out very rare. My sister's and daughter's filets came out perfect and one was also medium well. I sent it back and it came out still rare so it went back a second time. By the time I got the filet back, the other two diners were done eating. I expected the manager to address this but nothing was done. Poor customer service. For this reason, I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week - Great Deal28annivDined on 9/11/2014We went during restaurant week, and for $35 a person, it was an incredible deal. The Filet Mignon and Salmon were delicious. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mortonshappyDined on 9/9/2014I really enjoyed the relaxed dining room, the food was hot, the steak melted in your mouth, the waiter was very friendly and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at Morton'sDeliciousDined on 9/9/2014Four of us dined at Morton's mid-week during Restaurant Week. The food was very good, including the dessert. The ambiance was pleasing. Upon arriving, we learned that there was no valet. Usually this would be OK but it is in an area with lots of restaurants, theatres, traffic, one-way streets. The driver parked close by but it took 20 minutes to pick us up. The booths at the restaurant were a tight fit and the table had to be moved out for anyone to get in or out. Basically, it was an enjoyable evening and we all agreed that we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksOutandAboutDined on 9/8/2014You can't go wrong with a Morton's steak dinner. Quality meat, cooked to perfection with tasty sides and professional service. My wife and I went a bit late on a Monday evening during restaurant week, so the place was pretty quiet. The atmosphere was pleasant, the service excellent and the food delicious.Special Features:
- ElegantEbonyCook30Dined on 9/5/2014Very beautiful restaurant relaxed atmosphere great decor Cadillac margarita was delicious not watered down food was excellent customer service was excellent also i definitely will be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Date Nightbsiravo1Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I dined here on a sat night, we made reservations but you definitely don't need them in the summer as Philly restaurant life slows down. I get Morton's emails so they were offering a 4course option for $40. Includes, salad, entree, side dish, and desert. We both took advantage of this promotion and it was more than enough food. We've dined in every major steakhouse in Philadelphia and have never been let down of the quality of the meat Morton's provide. Unlike other steakhouses in the city I will leave nameless, you are dining in a much classier and upscale environment when you dine here. If your looking for something special or romantic and want an enjoyable and memorable evening, choose Morton's. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Mediocre in PhiladelphiaVespaGirlDined on 8/23/2014I went with a friend to celebrate her birthday. The dining room had a table of 10 who were apparently drunk and cackling at high pitch which changed the traditional ambience for Morton's fine dining. From there, we were suggested a summer special martini with passion fruit which, we honestly believe, contained no alcohol. We were there to try the limited time offer summer special, three courses $40. The waiter did try to upsell to a not on the menu deal for $69 that included additional options and the full, not half salad. We decided to stay with the lighter meal. Salad was plenty, a bit overdressed. Both our petite filet mignon's were well prepared and delicious. A Morton's fan, yet not so much for this location.
- Outstanding service!CSFoodieDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I went for her birthday this year. We've been several times previously and they once again provided an excellent dinner. I notified them ahead of time that it was her birthday and they included nice little touches like a custom "Happy Birthday" menu, a free chocolate souffle and a souvenir photo. Within a minute of my meal coming out, the waiter commented he thought the salmon was overcooked and apologized profusely. I didn't even get an opportunity to say anything. Following that, the manager came by and also apologized and comped the meal. I personally thought it was a touch overdone, but would have eaten it without issue. But they insisted it wasn't to their standards. Great food and unrivaled service!Special Features:
- nice place to have a good steakjmazahrehVIPDined on 8/21/2014Just don't order salmon. I ordered salmon well done and it came out 10 min after everyone else's food. It was still very raw.. they took it back.. everyone (8 people) was done eating and enjoyed their meals including steaks and chicken before my salmon came back.. it still wasn't even medium on the inside. They said try it, it may just look like that so I went against my feeling and tried a bite and had to spit it back out. So even though I wasn't a fan.. everyone else was with their rib eye, porterhouse and filets, including sides and desserts. Just don't order salmon if you like it cooked thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but great valueDBBTrumbullDined on 8/16/2014I finally got my family to Mortons in Philadelphia after making the mistake of taking them to Ruths Christs in Princeton, NJ. Whereas RC is expenseive and leaves you feeling ripped off, Mortons is great food and great service (at a price which is high but acceptable for great steak with all the great appetizers and sides).Special Features:
- our birthdays and anniversary spotByrdmanDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I always spend our special occasion here. We love the atmosphere here. Now the food, OMG!!!! I had the porterhouse steak, it melted in my mouth!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSeafoodDined on 8/11/2014Has been a long time since I've been a true up scale restaurant. I live near AC, Cape May and have been to most of the areas finest places have not been treated as well. (Have not been to Morton's AC restaurant) Just the bartender alone was great, knew how serve a 12 yr. old scotch without asking, haven't seen that for a long time. Wait staff was wonderful and very attentive. Don't drink wines much anymore so just had a glass the house cabernet which we were all very impressed with. Steaks were cooked to everyone's order, the baked potatoes were perfect and we split a Mac and Cheese between 3 of us and couldn't finish it all. Unfortunately, pressed for time so no deserts. Top of list of places to go now. Thank you!Special Features:
- Always a PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014Always receive great service and high quality foods. Always love coming back here!! :)Special Features:
- Good food, very priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food was definitely good just not sure worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakhousetouristsDined on 8/5/2014This particular Morton's is unusual in decor--not the traditional steakhouse look, but one large room with many tables; colored tablecloths and high-backed chairs. Don't know the history, but appears as if it may have previously been an Asian restaurant. The staff were friendly and efficient, our Morton's salads were bountiful and delicious (get it with the anchovies), our medium-rare filets were cooked perfectly, and we'd also highly recommend the spinach & mushrooms side dish. It was not a busy evening, so the quiet ambience was excellent for extended conversation with my dining partner, who is a professional colleague. Overall, a really pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 841 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- Excellent-as always!CraigVIPDined on 7/20/2014Morton's never ceases to impress. Had dinner in the bar, great glass of Cabernet, medium veal chop and Brussel sprouts. Perfection all around Tomas was a great guide for the evening.Special Features:
- The BestStephanieLee4022Dined on 7/16/2014This was the best experiance I have ever had.. The food was absolutely outstanding, the steak was perfection and dessert was decedant. I was my friends birthday and they even took a picture of us and signed it. IF you ever go you MUST ask for Erica, she was the best server I've ever had at any resturaunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Usual!beadieDined on 7/13/2014Morton's great food, service and atmosphere made for a wonderful 60th birthday! I look forward to my next fine dining experience there. I give it 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy! :)4CESDined on 7/13/2014Always enjoy our dinner @ Morton's. Bacon Wrapped Scallops one word, "Amazing".... Some of our guests were first time diners and they were impressed at how good it was! From start to finish, it was a pleasure!Special Features: