Morton's The Steakhouse - Palm Desert
74-880 Country Club Drive
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (760) 340-6865
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Palm Desert hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/palmdesert
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Palm Desert
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)notable wine list (41)romantic (33)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Exceptional service, food and attitude.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2014Dan and Rocky were exceptional. OUr Grandchildren love this restaurant and the team makes it a very special time every time we go. The food and service are the best, absolutley the finest aroundSpecial Features:
- BendyVIPDined on 11/21/2014A very good evening in relaxed, quiet surrondings. Food, wine, and service were all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerMSIIDined on 11/11/2014On my wife's birthday, I decided to take her out for a special dinner. I decided to take her to Morton's for dinner. The ambience of the restaurant and the service was excellent. I will make this an annual birthday restaurant for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Steak ExperienceDavidDined on 11/9/2014It was my birthday and we wanted a nice place to eat. They treated me like royalty with special "Happy Birthday" menus and an awesome desert. My wife and I had the Porterhouse for two and it was an amazing steak. Ate more than I would have normally. Bring your credit card and don't look at the prices and you will be very pleased that you came here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It keeps getting betterDesireeinpsVIPDined on 11/4/2014Not sure how this place exceeds itself everytime we dine here but it does. The staff is outstanding professional fine dining yet somehow they make you feel like your a guest in their house. Maybe that's they key ... The entire staff treats their job as if it IS their house. My filet and lobster melted in my mouth and were cooked perfectly. My husbands New York was so flavorful I almost traded. I would like to thank Rocky for always taking such good care of us and to Josh and Dan for having THE best service/staff in the Valley. It is a sign of excellent management! We dine out 3 nights a week and not one place comes close to the experience at Morton's Palm Desert. Thank you again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experenceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2014The service was so poor and the food wasn't any better. This seems to be a place for older people who like bland food and very slow service. Ruth Chris House is so much better that I have no plans to return to Mortons.
- Birthday reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/27/2014Absolutely fantastic. Dan did a great job. We were celebrating two birthdays and we could not have asked for a better evening. Dan and Lialanni made the evening perfect. Our thanks to them and all of Josh's team. You know you have a great restaurant when in the General Manager can take a day off and everything runs this well. The service, attitude and food just keeps getting better, and when we think it can't get any better it does. THANK YOU.Special Features:
- Luv2dineluv2dineDined on 10/19/2014What a treat! We have dined at Morton's before,but not since the remodel. Absolutely gorgeous! We were celebrating my husbands birthday and we could not have made a better choice. The ma'itre de Dan is on top of everything and could not have been more gracious,and his assistant America was just as accommodating. As for the meal, my husband could not finish his steak, but not for a lack of trying and my lobster was perfectly cooked.The choice of sides are always done to perfection and the wine list and bar does not disappoint, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014The staff were extremely friendly and provided top notch service. Steaks were unbelievable as was the rest of the food we ordered. Great selection of desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect. Absolutely perfect.rrobinsoncpaDined on 10/10/2014Words just fail. A perfect dining experience from beginning to end. Lobster Bisque and Chopped Salad were outstanding, and the two filets were cooked to order. Chocolate Mousse and Carrot Cake were great ends to the meals. The waiter was attentive, even though he had people to serve in different locations in the restaurant. Will definitely return when back in Palm Desert, and would recommend to anyone looking for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks & WineWillgobackDined on 10/9/2014We have dined here 6 to 8 times over the last 3 years. Mostly "special occasions" (birthday, anniversary etc). Food always excellent. Large selection of wine from "affordable to pricey." Service always attentive, yet not "clingy." Some have "dinged" Morton's for slow service...if you are looking for McDonalds (fast in and out), you are going to the wrong place. Morton's is a "dining experience," meant to be "relaxed," not fast food. My only "negative" is that we could hear numerous conversations from several tables, across the room. Lord knows what they heard from us?!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor blockedMike2meDined on 9/29/2014We drove by Mortons and Ruth's Chris steakhouses before making our choice. Both have always been good to us but we wanted to enjoy the great late summer evening and eat outside. Only Mortons had outside seating so we made our choice. We were saddened to find out, only after we arrived and checked in "our outside area wasn't setup for guests tonight". If not now when would it be? Perfect night and they failed. We had a nice meal and David was outstanding as a server, but I'm done with Mortons in Palm Desert. Both options we have excel at what they do, but only one could make the night right and they failed. Why bother....Special Features:
- Always GoodTAZZDined on 9/25/2014If you like steak cooked correctly, this is the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014Excellent. Josh and his team are outstanding in every way. Rocky is a great waiter.Special Features:
- outstanding servicestarfishVIPDined on 9/25/2014You can get a good steak in many places, but the experience at Morton's is exceptional. Two dedicated waitstaff, special recognition of my birthday (including a picture), and great food. This has become our go-to spot for special occasion dining.Special Features:
- Simply the bestDesireeinpsVIPDined on 9/23/2014My first time not having a steak I opted for lobster and it was delicious! The service is always perfect and the staff is always welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JosieBDined on 9/20/2014We had a great celebration....celebrating a divorce being final! The staff embrace our celebration and made it fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as we hopedDesertPupDined on 9/19/2014Service was exceptional. I am on a low sodium diet so had to have fish rather than steak. At the prices they get all food should be done to perfection. The halibut was pretty dry--I was surprised and dis appointed for a restaurant of their caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnercharlieVIPDined on 9/11/2014WE had 3 couples celebrating 40 years,40 years and 46 years of marriage.They treated us like vips and we really enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- Good food - crazy corkage feeGTVegasDined on 9/9/2014The food and service was great, never a bad meal or experience at Mortons. Their corkage fee is $30, you have to be kidding me...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience, Great foodBrianmccDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding customer service. We were celebrating our anniversary and cose Morton's for dinner. We were met at the door with a warm welcome. Once they asked our names every member of the staff called us by name the entire night. The menu was expansive, and the waiter explained the specials too. We chose a prime cut ribeye that was cooked just right and was delicious. The meal ended with a chocolate mousse. The price for our meal and experience was very reasonable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationcanchordDined on 9/4/2014The ambiance, food, and service was the very best. A wonderful dinning experience. We sat very near the bar area and there was no noise to disturb our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONERFUL EXPERIENCEDAVEDined on 8/30/2014GREAT FOOD GREAT PEOPLE SERVICE IS WONDERFUL JUST A EXCELLENT PLACE TO EAT AND ENJOY THE EVENINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DesertwitnessDesertWitnessDined on 8/30/2014Took some friends who had a less than stellar experience at another valley resturant. They were very favorably impressed. No surprise to me. In fact the wife commented "we have found a new anniversary spot". From the minute we stepped out of the car the service was impeccable as has always been our experience. This time, we took advantage of a "summer menu" and every bit of food, from the bread to the dessert was outstanding. And, just enough of everything. No question we are all looking forward to our next visit. Many reviewers complain about the sound level and it is a bit high but that is because everyone is enjoying themselves. A GREAT dining experience is all about attitude. That 'Tude is very evident at MORTON'S!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best overallDesireeinpsVIPDined on 8/26/2014Best steaks Best service consistency undeniable The end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mortons Stands Up To ReputationCFOElectricDined on 8/23/2014Took my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. When making the online reservation, noted that the dinner was for their anniversary. Upon arrival we were greeted taken directly to our table. Dan, the Maitre d' welcomed us and wished my parents a Happy Anniversary. They printed the same on our menus. All the staff made a point to stop by our table and wish my parents a Happy Anniversary. Food was outstanding, service was impeccable. I highly recommend the dining experience at Morton's because it is an experience.Special Features:
- Rib EyeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The most amazing Rib eye (bone in) that I have had in some time. Large enough for two to share. Service was excellent, our water was never empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014From the time we walked in to the time we left, the service, food etc was terrific.Special Features:
- The absolute bestDesireeinpsVIPDined on 8/19/2014We eat at a fine dining steakhouse twice a week. Why we try any other is beyond me. The service by far is the best we've had in any restaurant professional yet personal. Josh and Dan know everyone's name and Rocky the veteran (at this location) is as great as they come. I would keep going but I need to leave some fir my next review !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great - bring the kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014I confess I like Mortons a lot - the steak and the sides are delicious and dependable, and the service is never an issue. I bring my well behaved kids and they enjoy dressing up and the wait staff always treat them well.Special Features:
- Morton's 8/13/14JMB24Dined on 8/13/2014Morton's Palm Desert is always great! The great Morton's traditions are held (except for Frank singing to us... but none of the Morton's do that anymore) to their usual excellence. The service was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okMisterMDined on 8/9/2014Mortons has slowly changed since Landrys took over. It's now just a another chain, nothing special. Not just this location, LA, OC, Chicago.... Disappointing.
- Dissapointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014Multiple visits to Morton's previously. Steaks under cooked twice-even after sending back. Waiter kind of short and gruff. Quality of food lacking and definitly not worth the price. Pooer cut of meat on filet mignon. Previously had nice visits but this time the restaurant fell short of expectations.Special Features:
- AmazingScarecrowDined on 8/2/2014Chose Morton's as the restaurant of choice to take a first date. Nice, quiet, romantic atmosphere with a very attentive staff. Food was amazing and everything was cooked to perfection. Topped the night off with the Grand Marnier Souffle and Expresso. It was the perfect end to a perfect day. I would highly recommend and will definately come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 760 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Palm Desert reviews archive.
- JblacklockDined on 7/27/2014The Chopped Salad - the plate was cold but the lettuce was warm and limp. The bacon wrapped scallops had no flavor and the coffee had coffee grounds in it and it did not taste good. The Rib Eye Steak was delicious!Special Features:
- Fine DiningvlaslowDined on 7/24/2014Morton's is one of those places that we love to go to for a great meal on a special occasion. Usually, they have dining deals on the website, so you can save a little money that way. Great salads, beef, and deserts. Very helpful wait staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Everyone was so friendly and the food was great...overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding In EVERY WaynkdgolfDined on 7/23/2014Me and my wife celebrate birthdays 1 week apart. We elected to celebrate out birthdays with a dinner at Morton's. The entire evening was perfect. From the time you check in till the time you leave they address you by name! A great touch that makes you feel part of the family. The food was it's usual Morton's perfect and the service was over the top. From our head waiter Rocky to the Assist. Manager we couldn't have been treated better. Even our menus were personalized with "happy Birthday" and our names printed on them. Yeah I know a bit gimmicky but we thought it was a nice surprise and a great touch. Of course as at any Morton's the price is not cheap but here you get what you pay for in every way.Special Features:
- Not worth the pricesusiebDined on 7/18/2014Palm Springs and the surrounding desert communities offer many choices for steak lovers. There is Ruth's Chris, Mastro's, Flemings. All offer similar menus. Price-wise, all are pretty equal...very expensive. I have had excellent experiences at the Ruth's Chris in Palm Desert, having eaten there many times, but I wanted to try Morton's since I had never eaten there. The filet I had was good but not great and very expensive. At the end of the meal we ordered dessert, a molten chocolate cake, and were told it would be about 15 minutes. 40 minutes later, still no cake. What bothered me the most was that our waiter had apparently forgotten either us or putting in the order for the cake. He never checked on us or the status of our order.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDickandJillDined on 7/17/2014Overall the food was good. We ordered a side of asparaus and we were disappointed. It was woody and tough. However without a doubt my salad wedge was the best I have ever had a restaurant. Cocktails were good and well mixed.Special Features: