Morton's The Steakhouse - Palm Desert
74-880 Country Club Drive
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 7603406865
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Palm Desert hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/palmdesert
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Palm Desert
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)notable wine list (46)romantic (43)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (22)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Perfect. Absolutely perfect.rrobinsoncpaDined on 10/10/2014Words just fail. A perfect dining experience from beginning to end. Lobster Bisque and Chopped Salad were outstanding, and the two filets were cooked to order. Chocolate Mousse and Carrot Cake were great ends to the meals. The waiter was attentive, even though he had people to serve in different locations in the restaurant. Will definitely return when back in Palm Desert, and would recommend to anyone looking for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks & WineWillgobackDined on 10/9/2014We have dined here 6 to 8 times over the last 3 years. Mostly "special occasions" (birthday, anniversary etc). Food always excellent. Large selection of wine from "affordable to pricey." Service always attentive, yet not "clingy." Some have "dinged" Morton's for slow service...if you are looking for McDonalds (fast in and out), you are going to the wrong place. Morton's is a "dining experience," meant to be "relaxed," not fast food. My only "negative" is that we could hear numerous conversations from several tables, across the room. Lord knows what they heard from us?!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor blockedMike2meDined on 9/29/2014We drove by Mortons and Ruth's Chris steakhouses before making our choice. Both have always been good to us but we wanted to enjoy the great late summer evening and eat outside. Only Mortons had outside seating so we made our choice. We were saddened to find out, only after we arrived and checked in "our outside area wasn't setup for guests tonight". If not now when would it be? Perfect night and they failed. We had a nice meal and David was outstanding as a server, but I'm done with Mortons in Palm Desert. Both options we have excel at what they do, but only one could make the night right and they failed. Why bother....Special Features:
- Always GoodTAZZDined on 9/25/2014If you like steak cooked correctly, this is the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014Excellent. Josh and his team are outstanding in every way. Rocky is a great waiter.Special Features:
- outstanding servicestarfishDined on 9/25/2014You can get a good steak in many places, but the experience at Morton's is exceptional. Two dedicated waitstaff, special recognition of my birthday (including a picture), and great food. This has become our go-to spot for special occasion dining.Special Features:
- Simply the bestDesireeinpsVIPDined on 9/23/2014My first time not having a steak I opted for lobster and it was delicious! The service is always perfect and the staff is always welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JosieBDined on 9/20/2014We had a great celebration....celebrating a divorce being final! The staff embrace our celebration and made it fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as we hopedDesertPupDined on 9/19/2014Service was exceptional. I am on a low sodium diet so had to have fish rather than steak. At the prices they get all food should be done to perfection. The halibut was pretty dry--I was surprised and dis appointed for a restaurant of their caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnercharlieVIPDined on 9/11/2014WE had 3 couples celebrating 40 years,40 years and 46 years of marriage.They treated us like vips and we really enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- Good food - crazy corkage feeGTVegasDined on 9/9/2014The food and service was great, never a bad meal or experience at Mortons. Their corkage fee is $30, you have to be kidding me...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience, Great foodBrianmccDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding customer service. We were celebrating our anniversary and cose Morton's for dinner. We were met at the door with a warm welcome. Once they asked our names every member of the staff called us by name the entire night. The menu was expansive, and the waiter explained the specials too. We chose a prime cut ribeye that was cooked just right and was delicious. The meal ended with a chocolate mousse. The price for our meal and experience was very reasonable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationcanchordDined on 9/4/2014The ambiance, food, and service was the very best. A wonderful dinning experience. We sat very near the bar area and there was no noise to disturb our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONERFUL EXPERIENCEDAVEDined on 8/30/2014GREAT FOOD GREAT PEOPLE SERVICE IS WONDERFUL JUST A EXCELLENT PLACE TO EAT AND ENJOY THE EVENINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DesertwitnessDesertWitnessDined on 8/30/2014Took some friends who had a less than stellar experience at another valley resturant. They were very favorably impressed. No surprise to me. In fact the wife commented "we have found a new anniversary spot". From the minute we stepped out of the car the service was impeccable as has always been our experience. This time, we took advantage of a "summer menu" and every bit of food, from the bread to the dessert was outstanding. And, just enough of everything. No question we are all looking forward to our next visit. Many reviewers complain about the sound level and it is a bit high but that is because everyone is enjoying themselves. A GREAT dining experience is all about attitude. That 'Tude is very evident at MORTON'S!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best overallDesireeinpsVIPDined on 8/26/2014Best steaks Best service consistency undeniable The end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mortons Stands Up To ReputationCFOElectricDined on 8/23/2014Took my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. When making the online reservation, noted that the dinner was for their anniversary. Upon arrival we were greeted taken directly to our table. Dan, the Maitre d' welcomed us and wished my parents a Happy Anniversary. They printed the same on our menus. All the staff made a point to stop by our table and wish my parents a Happy Anniversary. Food was outstanding, service was impeccable. I highly recommend the dining experience at Morton's because it is an experience.Special Features:
- Rib EyeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The most amazing Rib eye (bone in) that I have had in some time. Large enough for two to share. Service was excellent, our water was never empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014From the time we walked in to the time we left, the service, food etc was terrific.Special Features:
- The absolute bestDesireeinpsVIPDined on 8/19/2014We eat at a fine dining steakhouse twice a week. Why we try any other is beyond me. The service by far is the best we've had in any restaurant professional yet personal. Josh and Dan know everyone's name and Rocky the veteran (at this location) is as great as they come. I would keep going but I need to leave some fir my next review !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great - bring the kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014I confess I like Mortons a lot - the steak and the sides are delicious and dependable, and the service is never an issue. I bring my well behaved kids and they enjoy dressing up and the wait staff always treat them well.Special Features:
- Morton's 8/13/14JMB24Dined on 8/13/2014Morton's Palm Desert is always great! The great Morton's traditions are held (except for Frank singing to us... but none of the Morton's do that anymore) to their usual excellence. The service was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okMisterMDined on 8/9/2014Mortons has slowly changed since Landrys took over. It's now just a another chain, nothing special. Not just this location, LA, OC, Chicago.... Disappointing.
- Dissapointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014Multiple visits to Morton's previously. Steaks under cooked twice-even after sending back. Waiter kind of short and gruff. Quality of food lacking and definitly not worth the price. Pooer cut of meat on filet mignon. Previously had nice visits but this time the restaurant fell short of expectations.Special Features:
- AmazingScarecrowDined on 8/2/2014Chose Morton's as the restaurant of choice to take a first date. Nice, quiet, romantic atmosphere with a very attentive staff. Food was amazing and everything was cooked to perfection. Topped the night off with the Grand Marnier Souffle and Expresso. It was the perfect end to a perfect day. I would highly recommend and will definately come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JblacklockDined on 7/27/2014The Chopped Salad - the plate was cold but the lettuce was warm and limp. The bacon wrapped scallops had no flavor and the coffee had coffee grounds in it and it did not taste good. The Rib Eye Steak was delicious!Special Features:
- Fine DiningvlaslowDined on 7/24/2014Morton's is one of those places that we love to go to for a great meal on a special occasion. Usually, they have dining deals on the website, so you can save a little money that way. Great salads, beef, and deserts. Very helpful wait staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Everyone was so friendly and the food was great...overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding In EVERY WaynkdgolfDined on 7/23/2014Me and my wife celebrate birthdays 1 week apart. We elected to celebrate out birthdays with a dinner at Morton's. The entire evening was perfect. From the time you check in till the time you leave they address you by name! A great touch that makes you feel part of the family. The food was it's usual Morton's perfect and the service was over the top. From our head waiter Rocky to the Assist. Manager we couldn't have been treated better. Even our menus were personalized with "happy Birthday" and our names printed on them. Yeah I know a bit gimmicky but we thought it was a nice surprise and a great touch. Of course as at any Morton's the price is not cheap but here you get what you pay for in every way.Special Features:
- Not worth the pricesusiebDined on 7/18/2014Palm Springs and the surrounding desert communities offer many choices for steak lovers. There is Ruth's Chris, Mastro's, Flemings. All offer similar menus. Price-wise, all are pretty equal...very expensive. I have had excellent experiences at the Ruth's Chris in Palm Desert, having eaten there many times, but I wanted to try Morton's since I had never eaten there. The filet I had was good but not great and very expensive. At the end of the meal we ordered dessert, a molten chocolate cake, and were told it would be about 15 minutes. 40 minutes later, still no cake. What bothered me the most was that our waiter had apparently forgotten either us or putting in the order for the cake. He never checked on us or the status of our order.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDickandJillDined on 7/17/2014Overall the food was good. We ordered a side of asparaus and we were disappointed. It was woody and tough. However without a doubt my salad wedge was the best I have ever had a restaurant. Cocktails were good and well mixed.Special Features:
- JimmyJimmyDined on 7/17/2014Morton's Palm Desert was fantastic, as always. Josh the manager there is awesome. Always fun to visit with and is great help with the wine. Always look forward to seeing him and having a great steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating BirthdayssmokeybearDined on 7/13/2014We enjoyed Morton's very much and if you call in for reservation they will have the menu printed with your name. Food was excellent and we had the seafood cold and snails plus there steak and cheese potatoes. Can't wait to go there again. Just to add that there Happy Hours are wonderful.Special Features:
- Food Good as AlwaysladylisaDined on 7/10/2014While I don't dine at Morton's alot, I always look forward to coming here when I do. The food, as always, was excellent. I ordered a magnificent blue cheese wedge salad, a perfectly cooked filet mignon, and a baked potato. When it comes to steak, Morton's truly is one of the best. The service, while pleasant, wasn't as sharp as it has been during other visits. Even though the restaurant wasn't crowded, the waiter kept disappearing and waited longer than was necessary to take our order. He forgot our request for steak sauce entirely and we had to ask another waiter to get it, and was not as attentive as the waitstaff has been in past visits. This is a little surprising and disappointing. After all, this is Mortons, not Sizzler.Special Features:
- Madmom11Dined on 7/6/2014The host was plesent, the first waiter was great but the second waiter that ended up taking over was very poor did not give us a welcome feeling we had to keep asking about the specials, he seem very bothered everytime we asked a questions and then we both asked for our steaks to be medem and they w ned well .Special Features:
- Great foodKingofeatDined on 7/5/2014The steak was fantastic and the side dishes were as good as I've ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dinner and Great ServiceJCCLACAVIPDined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed our evening at Mortons! The filets were delicious, crab cakes full of crab and very tasty. Delcious scallops wrapped in bacon and a horseradish chutney! Wedge salad is huge and so good. Get the mac and cheese as a side, the brocollini was very nice as well. Flavio was our server, just the right mix of fun and professionalism. He made our dinner so enjoyable! The chocolate souffle is amazing!!Special Features:
- Morton's Steaks Beats Them AllOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Morton's is the best always. Great food, very special staff and first class service.Special Features:
- Great choice for a night outAlvinDined on 7/5/2014Last minute decision but an excellent choice. Our waiter had only worked there three days but had a complete grasp of the menu and wine list. The meal was perfect. My party enjoyed the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gone downhillexcustomerDined on 7/5/2014This is the first time i have dined here since the takeover by Landrys. Things that are now missing: all of the previous friendly experienced waitstaff; the rolling display cart of food offerings; the sommelier; busboys. It is just another fast food operation. Customers wearing baseball caps in the dining room at 8pm on a saturday night say it all. I really need to get dressed up to blend in.