Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook
699 Skokie Blvd.
Northbrook, IL 60062Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (847) 205-5111
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Northbrook hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/northbrook
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook - Best Restaurants in Northbrook ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)notable wine list (37)romantic (32)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Untrained server/unhelpful menuEveningDinerDined on 11/8/2014Our waitress could not answer questions regarding how things were prepared and what ingredients were in foods. Both my companion and I have food allergies and she had to keep going to the kitchen to find out what was in the foods we were interested in. On top of her being unprepared or untrained, the menu is so minimalistic that it doesn't say when something comes with or without sides. We ordered a baked potato to share and when our food came, mine had a side of potatoes included. So who needs two potato sides? The server apologized and gave us another side dish for free. The whole experience was very unsatisfactory and for the price, not at all worth it. I believe we were the only customers the server had at the time so really no excuses.
- morton's #1 steak house hisunshine13Dined on 11/8/2014Always great food and service! Love it!! definitely recommend it to all my friends! ! I love their summer sangria it's so gentle but strong...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One time experienceFoodCriticDined on 11/8/2014The food was delicious but way over priced with everything being all e cart. There are other steak houses just as great that are not as expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love-it!JBfindsDined on 11/8/2014We have been to this particular Morton's three times now and have plans on going back many, many times. The atmosphere and "mojo" is so positive and energetic that it is hard not to get caught up in it. This was a birthday celebration and we had the royal treatment! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates wonderful service, food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service over n beyondJERRYDined on 10/31/2014You are special .... Should be their theme Our server DEVON , the busman Rubin, the managers,n Ivan combine their talents with great food to make one feel very specialSpecial Features:
- Dinner with FriendsOct2014Dined on 10/23/2014As always Mortons doesn't disspoint! Food was excellent and service as alway spot on!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/15/2014Always consistent with perfectly cooked steaks. Service is professional and attentive. Love going here.Special Features:
- Came Back AgainChitownCFVIPDined on 10/12/2014Consistently good food and service. Staff seems to really care. Never misses pleasing us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average for High End Steak HouseFinalflingVIPDined on 10/11/2014Average for a high end steak house. Nothing really special. Meat slightly not cooked to specifications, french fries with truffle sauce had an odd taste.Special Features:
- Huge portion sizes, all tastyFoodloverDined on 10/5/2014Baked seafood appetizer combo a big hit as was chocolate soufflé.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentMortonSeptemberDined on 9/25/2014You are treated like a King here......they are very accommodating in every respect. They are a cut above everyone else.Special Features:
- Superb steakpleasedDined on 9/15/2014The ambiance was a low lighting and vibrant waiter that explained the entire menu in one sweep. I was really impressed with his knowledge and detailed explanation of each steak and cut.Special Features:
- Food-Portion SizesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The food was great, but the size of your portion was large, which you pay for, like it or not. I feel the prices paid for an entrees could be reduced for customers who do not require large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesunshine13Dined on 9/13/2014Went there for my birthday with my boyfriend, had an amazing time great food, great service as we seat down the server took a picture of us and gave it back to us framed great memory for a very special night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the dishes, service was excellent, food was delectable and presentation fabulous. Great attention for water, bread and general attentiveness. Loved the personal anniversary picture a very nice touch and, we got our souffle "comped". The Souffle was amazing! Cant' wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We came to Morton's in Northbrook for a Anniversary celebration. We did not have high expectations, but were pleasantly surprised. We had great service, the food was outstanding and the environment was perfect for this evening. The price discount added a bonus to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Knowledgeable StaffBenLikesFoodVIPDined on 9/11/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate my birthday and it was an excellent choice. I had the Chicago style bone-in rib eye. They cooked it perfectly to my specification. My son had a seasonal special, a halibut wrapped in Prosciutto with a pesto sauce, which he said was amazing. The most challenging for the restaurant was my daughter who is a vegan who joined us at the last minute. She was able to have a salad and they were able to prepare some of their veggies without animal products! OUr server was excellent and was able to give us advice on the dishes as well as helped with a suitable wine paring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special occasion placeTomKDined on 9/8/2014We go there every year for my daughters' birthday and for our anniversary. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Fantasic Service, Fantastic foodLpazDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 1 year anniversary and thier attention to detail and service surpassed our expectations. We had a wonderful time and the food was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great All AroundSGinHPDined on 8/31/2014Excellent time, great food and service. The interior is a bit 'dated' but still nice overall.Special Features:
- Homer...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I've often heard of Morton's from friends and family. My first visit was in a word "satisfying." My personal choice is a New York Strip Steak and I new from the first bite this was the beginning of a lasting relationship. Service was excellent all the way around. A homer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/26/2014Have dined at Morton's all over the USA. They prove to be amazingly consistent. That is the main reason we go back again and again. The rib eye steak is always delicious. The ambiance is nothing special but the restaurant is pleasant, the staff very friendly, knowledgable and welcoming. We can count on a good overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's NorthbrrokHoHoHoDined on 8/17/2014We had a birthday dinner there on a Sunday, very slow so service was great. We had the $40 fixed price menu and everything was great.Special Features:
- All perfect!ChitownCFVIPDined on 8/8/2014I took some family to dinner and was pleased with every aspect of the meal. I will return soon.Special Features:
- Fine diningsmddsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Went recently with my wife and two teenage sons. A lovely experience! Two had petite filet specials ( + side, salad and dessert for $41) one had shrimp special and I had veal chop. Very tasty and service was very good. Souffle and key lime pie were yummy, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely DinnerAndreaDined on 8/2/2014We wanted to treat our friends to a special dinner and Morton's fits the bill. The food quality was excellent. Although the service was sometimes a bit slow - it took the waiter way too long to bring us our cocktail order for example - the upside was that we were not at all rushed through our meal. We spent 2 1/2 hours at our table and had a leisurely delicious dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 524 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook reviews archive.
- Above and BeyondMurphDined on 7/16/2014Morton's went above and beyond to make our anniversary dinner excellent! They even emailed us a copy of the keepsake photograph they took of us! Excellent service, excellent food!Special Features:
- Lovely experienceNancyMantyDined on 7/15/2014We celebrated our 35th anniversary at Morton's. When my daughter told them, they gave us a personalized menu, a photo, and a wonderful dessert. The food was amazing and service couldn't be better. We loved our evening there.Special Features:
- Reliable but expensiveBusinessDinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food is reliably very good, but the prices keep us from visiting the restaurant more than once in a while. Salads are all excellent (Morton's salad, caesar, iceberg - cannot go wrong with any of them), served in chilled bowls that seem to keep their chill. My only observation is that they tend to over-cook the smaller steaks. I usually have the 6 oz. filet and medium rare tends to be served close to medium. Servers are all gracious and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The staff was wonderful and treated us as if we were family and it made my wife and I feel warm inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceeeeBigfish2VIPDined on 7/10/2014Food great but $21.50 for a shrimp cocktail a little muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great stuffThebobDined on 7/5/2014We love the ambiance, friendliness of waiters and managers. Food is always good and service top notch. They really care about the diners.Special Features:
- Quiet, Tasty, Elegant, MemorablebbbbDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant is a local gem. It is well worth the price, which is high but worth the price. I highly recommend Morton's for a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- It is special, too!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We celebrated a special occasion. The service, wine, and food were outstanding. Morton's is special, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little things mean a lotnoneDined on 7/3/20143 things made our evening much less than it should have been. I had to ask to have my water glass refilled even tho there was staff always buzzing around. We ordered regular coffee but were served de-caf - when we told the server she brought regular which was poured into the same cup - we should not have been charged for the coffee at all. I ordered 2 glasses of red zin which the server recommended. The wine didn't even taste like a zin (more like a cheap merlot or a cab franc) and it had no structure and a slightly unpleasant aftertaste. I don't know why I didn't send it back, but Morton's had the gall to charge $20/glass. I don't accept being ripped off and we likely won't return to Morton's.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014Great space and place for a special occasion...we had a wonderful meal, great service and the room is beautiful.Special Features:
- Fine DiningteachDined on 6/28/2014Very fine dining but for a special occasion only. Very pricey but quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerShaunDined on 6/28/2014We had 3 in our party. My wife's lamb was excellent. My beef (fillet) was overdone, otherwise an excellent piece of beef. The 3rd person's (our guest) steak was too fatty. I would order steaks one to two level under cooked to get it right and stick to fillet mignon.Special Features:
- The City in the suburbsdiningoutcookDined on 6/27/2014The food at Morton's is wonderful, but what really strikes me is that, even at 8:30, there is a buzz in the room. This is not a restaurant that feels like it is closing early. It has more of a downtown vibe. At the same time, the staff is careful to make you feel at home. It is a great blend of sophistication and warmth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JERRYDined on 6/26/2014From the moment you walk in your make it feel like family the food was outstanding plus our server was magnificent we celebrated my grandson's birthday and he had a blast so this is Grandparents After you leave you will wonder why you don't visit more than you do You will want moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.