Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook
699 Skokie Blvd.
Northbrook, IL 60062Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 8472055111
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Northbrook hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/northbrook
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook - Best Restaurants in Northbrook ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (29)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great All AroundSGinHPDined on 8/31/2014Excellent time, great food and service. The interior is a bit 'dated' but still nice overall.Special Features:
- Homer...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I've often heard of Morton's from friends and family. My first visit was in a word "satisfying." My personal choice is a New York Strip Steak and I new from the first bite this was the beginning of a lasting relationship. Service was excellent all the way around. A homer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/26/2014Have dined at Morton's all over the USA. They prove to be amazingly consistent. That is the main reason we go back again and again. The rib eye steak is always delicious. The ambiance is nothing special but the restaurant is pleasant, the staff very friendly, knowledgable and welcoming. We can count on a good overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's NorthbrrokHoHoHoDined on 8/17/2014We had a birthday dinner there on a Sunday, very slow so service was great. We had the $40 fixed price menu and everything was great.Special Features:
- All perfect!ChitownCFVIPDined on 8/8/2014I took some family to dinner and was pleased with every aspect of the meal. I will return soon.Special Features:
- Fine diningsmddsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Went recently with my wife and two teenage sons. A lovely experience! Two had petite filet specials ( + side, salad and dessert for $41) one had shrimp special and I had veal chop. Very tasty and service was very good. Souffle and key lime pie were yummy, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely DinnerAndreaDined on 8/2/2014We wanted to treat our friends to a special dinner and Morton's fits the bill. The food quality was excellent. Although the service was sometimes a bit slow - it took the waiter way too long to bring us our cocktail order for example - the upside was that we were not at all rushed through our meal. We spent 2 1/2 hours at our table and had a leisurely delicious dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondMurphDined on 7/16/2014Morton's went above and beyond to make our anniversary dinner excellent! They even emailed us a copy of the keepsake photograph they took of us! Excellent service, excellent food!Special Features:
- Lovely experienceNancyMantyDined on 7/15/2014We celebrated our 35th anniversary at Morton's. When my daughter told them, they gave us a personalized menu, a photo, and a wonderful dessert. The food was amazing and service couldn't be better. We loved our evening there.Special Features:
- Reliable but expensiveBusinessDinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food is reliably very good, but the prices keep us from visiting the restaurant more than once in a while. Salads are all excellent (Morton's salad, caesar, iceberg - cannot go wrong with any of them), served in chilled bowls that seem to keep their chill. My only observation is that they tend to over-cook the smaller steaks. I usually have the 6 oz. filet and medium rare tends to be served close to medium. Servers are all gracious and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The staff was wonderful and treated us as if we were family and it made my wife and I feel warm inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceeeeBigfish2VIPDined on 7/10/2014Food great but $21.50 for a shrimp cocktail a little muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great stuffThebobDined on 7/5/2014We love the ambiance, friendliness of waiters and managers. Food is always good and service top notch. They really care about the diners.Special Features:
- Quiet, Tasty, Elegant, MemorablebbbbDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant is a local gem. It is well worth the price, which is high but worth the price. I highly recommend Morton's for a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- It is special, too!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We celebrated a special occasion. The service, wine, and food were outstanding. Morton's is special, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little things mean a lotnoneDined on 7/3/20143 things made our evening much less than it should have been. I had to ask to have my water glass refilled even tho there was staff always buzzing around. We ordered regular coffee but were served de-caf - when we told the server she brought regular which was poured into the same cup - we should not have been charged for the coffee at all. I ordered 2 glasses of red zin which the server recommended. The wine didn't even taste like a zin (more like a cheap merlot or a cab franc) and it had no structure and a slightly unpleasant aftertaste. I don't know why I didn't send it back, but Morton's had the gall to charge $20/glass. I don't accept being ripped off and we likely won't return to Morton's.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014Great space and place for a special occasion...we had a wonderful meal, great service and the room is beautiful.Special Features:
- Fine DiningteachDined on 6/28/2014Very fine dining but for a special occasion only. Very pricey but quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerShaunDined on 6/28/2014We had 3 in our party. My wife's lamb was excellent. My beef (fillet) was overdone, otherwise an excellent piece of beef. The 3rd person's (our guest) steak was too fatty. I would order steaks one to two level under cooked to get it right and stick to fillet mignon.Special Features:
- The City in the suburbsdiningoutcookDined on 6/27/2014The food at Morton's is wonderful, but what really strikes me is that, even at 8:30, there is a buzz in the room. This is not a restaurant that feels like it is closing early. It has more of a downtown vibe. At the same time, the staff is careful to make you feel at home. It is a great blend of sophistication and warmth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JERRYDined on 6/26/2014From the moment you walk in your make it feel like family the food was outstanding plus our server was magnificent we celebrated my grandson's birthday and he had a blast so this is Grandparents After you leave you will wonder why you don't visit more than you do You will want moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same Morton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We have frequented Morton's for years and have been to multiple locations throughout the Chicagoland area, always enjoying our experience, the food, the service, etc. It has been a few years since we were able to dine at a Morton's and during this time they were acquired by another company. While the food is still good, the service is no longer what it used to be. We were not greeted at our table. Menu's were dropped off and the server whisked away without saying hello, telling us her name, etc. The bar service, however, was still fantastic. The bartender knew the wine list well and made very good recommendations. Sad to see our beloved Morton's becoming another commodity without the high quality of service it once possessed.Special Features:
- Great Steak and ServicetaxmanDined on 5/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Morton's. The service and food were excellent. My only surprise was that they have a dress code on their website but they don't enforce it with many people in jeans, t-shirts and gym shoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dee-LishAmyEdgebrookDined on 5/24/2014Food is most excellent, including side dishes. Morton's also offers a prix-fixe meal with 5 courses, lots of choices, and a real bargain. Service is excellent. The only downside is the noise level makes it difficult to hear other parties at your own table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best SteaksLakeGenvaDined on 5/24/2014I've been going to Morton's for years. Including many in the US and even in Shanghai. I've never been disappointed yet!Special Features:
- BernieDined on 5/17/2014Steaks were great, shrimp at the bar was great! I wish the bartenders were a bit more friendly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton'sFoodFan1VIPDined on 5/16/2014The service and food were outstanding! We had so many delicious items. Thanks to the chef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014How does a multi unit chain get me to rate it as a neighborhood gem? For me the answer is the staff. The managers and their staff treat us like Morton's of Chicago Northbrook, is our home away from home. They do so professionally without being the least bit intrusive. The food is marvelous.Special Features:
- An excellent dining experiencecriticaldinerDined on 5/11/2014The ambiance was enjoyable and relaxing. Food was very good. Our steaks were cooked to median rare perfection. We both had a glass of the house Merlot. For a house wine it was very full bodied and satisfying. The chocolate cake was rich and delicious. The portions were all large. We did not leave hungry. One word of caution.. Morton's is a bit pricey so be prepared. Our Mother's Day feast for two priced out at over $200 including tax and tip. If this is not a problem you will enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodlovegoodfoodDined on 5/10/2014We enjoy going here for special occasions. It's pricey but the quality is consistently delicious and the service is attentive. We know when we want a great steak or veal chop. Morton's won't let us down, not to mention the 3,000 calorie enormous slice of carrot cake. Thanks for another great birthday dinner...Special Features:
- The following 501 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook reviews archive.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2014This was one of the best dining experience. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The really helped make our day unforgettable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014For the food & the service this place is over priced, I expect it at Capital grille for the service is phenomenal and the food is great. The drinks made at the bar were good.Special Features:
- Best SteakwayneVIPDined on 4/19/2014There are a lot of places to get steak but Mortons is the place to go if you want the best steak in town. I have been here many times and the steak is always the best. Nice wine selection also. If yoiu want the best, you will pay a little more, but it is money well spent. I always split a New York strip with my wife because you really done need that mch meat.Special Features:
- GREAT STEAKHOUSE close to ChicagoSteakhouseDined on 4/18/2014The food, service and ambience was WONDERFUL and close to downtown Chciago as well!!! THANK YOU!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food excellent servicePJMilwaukeeDined on 4/5/2014We were there for my birthday and they really went above and beyond to celebrate my birthday. To my amazement, a menu with Happy birthday XX and amazing free dessert. They even took a picture of our family and made a card of it. The meat was very high quality though I would have preferred a little seasoning but after salt and pepper they tasted excellent! Everyone in the staff was so friendly made us feel at home. Thanks for the memorable birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjpkuzhyDined on 4/5/2014So the food is amazing...every morsel is delicious! I just thought for the price and for the upscale reputation, they would put more effort into their ambiance...I didn't really hear any music and it just didn't stand out ambiance wise. Also, the waiter was great but he interrupted a LOT to make sure his service was great...it's better than not coming to us at all but there should be a balance..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Even better serviceStuartVIPDined on 3/28/2014You get what you pay for. The food is prepared to perfection. Great quality and seasoning. The service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperinceSarahDined on 3/25/2014Had a lovely dinner here with my husband to celebrate new jobs. Fantastic service from calling and asking hostess if it was okay arrive for our reservation early. Our server was also spot on. Our steaks were made to perfection. Years ago I worked for Morton's in a sister restaurant. They pride themselves on service and this restaurant does not disappoint. Our server knew his menu from start to finish, he returned each time we had a dish to check on us "two bites, two minutes." This is a great place to go with clients or a special occasion. A little pricey but worth it. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014Greatest steaks on the planet. Son had a porterhouse, wife had the filet, and I had the new York strip. all were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, Morton's did notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014As usual, Morton's did not disappoint us. The food, ambience and service were all top-notch. The prices are higher than the average restaurant, but for a special occasion, it's worthe it.Special Features: