Morton's The Steakhouse - New Orleans
365 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - New Orleans
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 5045660221
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in New Orleans hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/neworleans
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - New Orleans
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - New Orleans - Best Restaurants in Central Business District ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - New Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (56)notable wine list (42)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (24)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (9)scenic view (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fabulous filet!FlopupDined on 9/15/2014Our first time at Morton's, we've heard exceptional reviews from family and friends, and it was beyond our expectations. Great service... Our server went above and beyond, a modern, romantic atmosphere, and the filet was cooked to perfection. We ordered the sautéed brussel sprouts and sour cream mashed potatoes that were veer flavorful and hot! My vodka martini was perfectly chilled and shaken. I wish we had a Morton's in Memphis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceTruefoodieDined on 9/13/2014I took my fiance here for his birthday. The ambiance was great. The food was delicious and they put bday confetti on the table, our pic was taken and they gave him a cheesecake with a candle in it at the end. Phenomenal dining experience, he loved it and so did I. The porterhouse steak melts in your mouth. The honey glazed salmon was fantastic and seasoned perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed with Morton's!!!KevinBDined on 9/12/2014We recently ate dinner at Morton's in New Orleans on 9/12/14. We had expected this great dining experience. But, instead, we had a very average to below average experience. First of all, they were not crowded, but it took us 95 minutes to eat dinner from beginning to end. It took them 30 minutes after we finished our entrees to bring our souffle. The salad was room temperature and not good. The filet was average. Mashed potatoes and Dessert were good. Service was just fair because everything was painfully slow. Overall, I was very unimpressed with Morton's and will not return. By comparison, we then ate at Ruths' Chris in New Orleans. Overall, they had excellent food, service, and ambiance. I highly recommend Ruths' Chris!!!
- Ehhh...NOLAfoodieDined on 9/11/2014We went for the We Live to Eat special because several of us had been waiting to cross it off our bucket list. The special was worth it but I wouldnt go back and pay full price. In New Orleans there are several better places to eat. The Happy Hour specials looked good but other than that it is way over priced.Special Features:
- ExceptionPhilly86VIPDined on 9/8/2014I have been to many Morton's around the country and you can always count on a top experience. This time was the exception. The maitre d pushed a wine that he claimed was great and it was only fair. After pouring the first glass of wine he abruptly left the table and didn't return even though the restaurant had only a few tables of people. The cajun rib eye was very salty. Cajun is usually spicy rather than salty. Luckily our server pampered us and compensated for the rest of the experience. Overall the experience was just average on a non-busy Monday night. Not what we expect from Mortons.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week - NOLANolagirl79Dined on 9/8/2014This was my first visit to Morton's, and I do plan to return. Great ambiance, location, and service. The food was also very well prepared. My only suggestion is to be aware of the spots on the glasses after washing, and to possibly have a better description of the food on the restaurant week menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014I have eaten several times at Morton's Steak House in New Orleans and was never disappointed. So for My Wife's 60th Birthday I decided we would dine there. We live in New Iberia, Louisiana and there are several good restaurants here but I thought this would be special. First she ordered onion soup it was burnt, her steak was not to her liking, potatoes, even the mushrooms were bad. I hate to say this but I do not intend to ever visit Morton's Steakhouse here or Houston are anywhere else there may be a location.
- EnjoymentFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014A great Morton experience, never been to one, even though we have one in our home city! Our wait person, Henrietta, made our experience most wonderful! But must admit the food was great too! The Cajun ribeye was fabulous! All four of us really enjoyed our salads, main courses and the sides!
- new orleans tripjoatDined on 8/31/2014service and food were very good. Open area to the bar did not make for a romantic setting and football while I eat in a premium restaurant is not what I expect. Never had a bad meal at Mortons worldwideSpecial Features:
- Don't Know WHAT Was WrongCarolVIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I have visited Mortons in a few places, with this being our first to the New Orleans location. Usually it's an "event" location for us (I.e. our engagement) but this time we simply went for dinner as a family. It CERTAINLY was a disappointingly lack - luster $200+ meal. Food was cold, poorly seasoned, and just not cooked well. It hasn't changed our thoughts about the Morton ' s brand, I just don't care to return to THIS particular location.Special Features:
- Summer FinaleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Every year we partake in Morton's end of summer special, whether it be the Coolinary menu or the End of Summer Finale. This year we invited some friends to join us. Angel greeted us with a smile and offered cocktails or wine. When we asked if either the Coolinary or Summer Finale menus were available he advised he have to bring us one...which he did...one, for the entire table. We made our selections and it took quite a while for him to return to take our order. We were made to feel "cheap" by ordering off of the Summer Finale menu which was advertised to us via the emails we get from Morton's. If you don't want patrons to order these specials you should not promote and offer them. Fortunately the food was excellent as always.Special Features:
- Morton'sLike2eatoutDined on 8/29/2014Soup was good but lukewarm. So were the potatoes. Entrees were ok. I ordered a glass of house wine and it cost $18.00! Very overpriced for house wine. There are better restaurants in the area. I cannot recommend Morton's.Special Features:
- wrichardjrDined on 8/27/2014Ambiance and service awesome. Ordinary steak house food, extraordinary prices. We won't go back.
- Great birthday celebration!nolacookieDined on 8/27/2014We went for my wife's birthday. A photo was taken of us which was a very nice extra touch. It's expensive so we wouldn't dine there regularly but it's very nice for a special occasion. Also, many of the side items are for at least two people, so if only one wants a baked potato half would be wasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerMacirishDined on 8/25/2014This was our first visit to a Mortons. It was all we could imagine. Outstanding service along with excellent food insured that we had a wonderful evening. Morton's is now one of our favorite restaurants and we will be visiting the Charlotte location in the future.Special Features:
- Dining at Morton'sBirthdayDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere was very inviting and great for fine dining. Had a great time and was a good choice for a birthday dinner. They always make you feel special for your celebration. 3 out of 4 guests was very happy with their meal choice. It was a very busy night so the noise level was loud, but not unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was outstanding!VlangDined on 8/10/2014We were celebrating my husbands 59th birthday. When we arrived, we were seated at our table and found birthday confetti scattered on the table along with personalized menus with his name acknowledging his birthday. The maitre d' took a picture of us and the evening was just awesome. The service is exceptional, the mood setting is wonderful, the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and highly recommendedfoodie2301Dined on 8/8/2014I visit Pure Food and Wine almost every trip to NY. It is a raw, vegan restaurant and the preparation of the food is amazing. It is unlike any restaurant I know. Great care is taken to turn fruits, vegetables, nuts and spices into something that words can't describe. The deserts, including the ice cream like deserts that, of course, have no diary, are amazing.Special Features:
- nice atmospherejackieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Came for dinner early. Celebrating a birthday. Very accommodating. Table beautifully decorated. Received souvenir menus and picture of us. Steak and sides were warm, but not hot. Hardly anyone else in restaturant. Hard to believe. Oh Well. Except for food, was a very nice experience.Special Features:
- HmmmmmWineDineDined on 8/4/2014Mortons New Orleans French Quarters, being a huge Morton's fan of Beverly Hills and Burbank locations. I loved the new creme decor of this location, I loved the viewable wine room as you exit the elevator and greeted by the host. The ambiance was spectacular. The host, bartender and WAITRESS#1 service were suburb. Cajun Rib-Eye steak is elite in its field and never fails. Nothing can compare. The steak held upto it's taste even though I've always understood the Cajun Rib-Eye was marinated 60 hours but this location said 48. So every chew wasn't the same Cajun burst of flavor. But anywho my steak was still delish. My saute garlic spinach was very salty but our waitress handled that. The manager never greeted me before or during dinner. B-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but not the best in NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The bar opens onto the dining room, so it was very noisy. They were out of several cocktails and the lobster bisque. It seems odd to me for a restaurant to be out of regular menu items. We had great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought it would be betterLTMetDined on 7/26/2014Being local, we typically go to Ruth's Chris. This time we decided to give Morton's a try. We experienced long waits between courses and steaks which generally were not cooked to the level we wanted. Of the six steaks, three were overcooked and one was considerably undercooked (asked for medium and received it quite rare). We dealt with the over cooked because of time, but the undercooked steak was sent back and was better the second time around. Waiter was good, but table attention was a bit lacking (water and bread attention in particular). For the price, I thought it should have been a better.Special Features:
- consistent excellencecreoledivaVIPDined on 7/23/2014Always excellent!!! Service, food, ambience. The essence of a good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TStoutDined on 7/20/2014Very good food! The steak we ordered was big enough to share and we were very full! We had sour cream mashed potatoes and asparagus as sides. Both very yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJennDazetDined on 7/19/2014Loved the food the service was great the atmosphere we loved I got the redfish and loved it ! Great place for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Overall service was very good-- waitress was very helpful and knew her food offerings well. She guided is thru the experience Steak was somewhat disappointing
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was great although Landry's should know that if they are going to keep Morton's prices then they have to go the extra mile and keep things Morton's was famous for ie showing cuts of meats, presentation of food, extra special services, etc.
- FIRST CLASS RESTAURANTPETERMEXVIPDined on 7/18/2014The General Manager is doing a great job in this Morton's . The food and service is the one you are expecting in a luxury fine dining restaurant. The restaurant was renovated with style. One of the best places in NOLA. Also the Bar is nice.Special Features:
- ONE OF THE BES RESTAURANTS IN TOWNPETERMEXVIPDined on 7/17/2014What a great restaurant in Nola, just inside the Canal Shopping Mall. The food is really good and with professional and friendly service. Excellent for special occasions or just for a nice steak or bites at the Bar. One of my first choices in town. The management is superb.Special Features:
- VERY GOOD MALL OPTIONPETERMEXVIPDined on 7/14/2014The Morton's is inside the Canal Shopping mall. The food is good, but the service at the bar is not the best. One bartender and also waiter is not enough. I normally visit Morton's around the world and the restaurant is nice. Good option for drinks and bar bites including a great Burger, or formal dinner at the principal saloon. Will be good to respect the dressing code. People with shorts and hats is for McDonald not a luxury restaurant. The rest very good.Special Features:
- Exquisite ServiceAyeshaVIPDined on 7/7/2014I frequent steakhouses and generally avoid chains because the service can tend to be uneven. I'm very glad, however, that my friend selected Morton's for her birthday dinner because not only was the food delicious, but the service was impeccable. By simply mentioning that it was my friend's birthday, they prepared special menus and adorned our table with tasteful favors. Our server was never too far away and even took the trouble of removing an item from our bill when I mentioned it wasn't quite to my liking. All of our meats were cooked to perfection and w/ the exception of one, all sides were delectable. I'm still not a huge fan of steakhouse chains, but Morton's in New Orleans would certainly be on my list of places to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was a nice get away.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014I preferred a change from the local diners and stopped by Morton's. The atmosphere was excellent. Yes, I would come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/3/2014Food was great as usual, the noise level was too loud for me. I normally eat at Morton's everytime, I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!maggie1955Dined on 7/3/2014Every time we want to go out to dinner to celebrate a special occasion, we automatically think of MORTON'S! We love EVERYTHING about it! Our favorite waitress at Morton's New Orleans is Mai. she is an OUTSTANDING service person! Morton's is lucky to HAVE such a wonderful person working for the company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty LovediningintimeDined on 7/1/2014Morton's was an awesome dining experience. My wife and I chose Morton's for our anniversary dining place. Looking forward to a very near future return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's summer specialsNOLA4DinersDined on 6/30/2014Excellent featured special, with attentive staff. Extensive wine list and cocktail option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LobsterDeliciousDined on 6/27/2014Morton's featured a Lobster special for Friday only. 2lb steamed lobster was delicious! My only complaint is that they don't offer it evert week. The service the food and the lemon drop martini with raspberry was all delicious.Special Features:
- Great ServiceTaljbj203Dined on 6/27/2014We celebrated our sons first birthday. The staf was very accomodating and treated everyone like royalty. The hostess came by at the end of dinner and took a photo of us and had it printed and in a birthday card within minutes. Nice Touch! The food and servise was top notch from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster maniatouristathomeDined on 6/27/2014The kitchen staff is very competent at preparing fresh steamed lobster; it came out perfect. Also, kudos for hot fresh bread 'dome' delivered promptly with drinks. If you are not a huge fan of capers, please be cautioned that they can be very liberal with capers where this ingredient is listed. Also, the five onion soup is basically French onion soup with very soggy bread. The wine list is astonishing in it's scope of vintages and prices. Chopped spinach salad will make you forget you are eating spinach-it is that good.Special Features:
- Lobster bargainweeatoutDined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed our visit to Morton's and the view of Canal St. The lobster was good but the waiter seemed a little rushed, don't know how many tables he was serving. The Caesar salad was authentic and we appreciated the waiter advising that the portions were large enough for two, which they were. Found the prices a little high but the overall experience was delightful. We especially liked the garage to garage parking since it was storming.Special Features: