Morton's The Steakhouse - New Orleans
365 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - New Orleans
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 5045660221
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in New Orleans hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/neworleans
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - New Orleans
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Morton's The Steakhouse - New Orleans - Best Restaurants in Central Business District ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - New Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (54)notable wine list (39)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Price not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I have been to 5 star restaurants several times, but I felt this restaurant was over priced for the quality of food. The lobster bisque was bland, filet was good but not exceptional, my husband was disappointed in his ribeye. He loves the true flavor of a steak but there the steak had a odd taste from I'm guessing the marinade they use? Will not be returning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014The food was great, the wait staff was most attentive and on time. Three special touch of a complimentary anniversary picture really touched my brideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RachelmeRachelDined on 10/16/2014This was the absolute best dining experience EVER!!!! My husband and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary and we could not have picked a better place. The service was excellent, the food was excellent. This is the best restaurant we have ever been to. This will definitely be our special occasion restaurant from now on.Special Features:
- worst steak everOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014We have been longtime customers of Morton's, for over 20 years. There are hundreds of restaurants in New Orleans to choose from and we decided to go to our old favorite, Morton's Steak House. Not such a great choice. It was my wife's Birthday so we wanted sometime familiar, both in quality of food plus the traditional steakhouse feel....boy were we wrong. The place was lets just say, flat at best. The service was wonderful. The "Worst " steak dinner ever. The wine and side dishes we ate were delicious. The special chocolate birthday cake was the best ever, so thanks. All in all it was a nice birthday for my wife. Will still be Morton's customers...but never again in New Orleans. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great steakHirokikuDined on 10/13/2014No other steak house like The Morton. Taste was super whenever i visit USA. Friend of mine told me that he will visit you with friends. I personally visit The Morton 3 times in Orland and 2 times in New Orleans. The last year, three times in San Francisco, one in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good experienceNOLAeatsDined on 10/11/2014The steak was excellent, as well as the Onion Soup; however, everything else, including the Morton's salad, fell flat.Special Features:
- great service!triciawDined on 10/8/2014Our server was very friendly and provided exceptional service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outSharpDined on 10/6/2014Wonderful food and service as always. Music didn't fit the atmosphere but excellent steaks and even better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not acceptableCotoAlfredoDined on 10/4/2014We were visiting New Orleans and got tired of the local stuff so we splurged at Morton''s. The lobster on chilled seafood app was cooked to death and tuff as a golf ball. Our Medium Rare filet was cooked to death completely well done. The waitresses were awesome and noticed right away, called manager and the new steak was rare. We didn't complain, it was much better than the first. I think the whole kitchen just got in from Bourbon Street. The worst Morton's Kitchen ever. But they had the nicest wait staff. Next time were back to Ruth ChrisSpecial Features:
- Superb! Steak and service.Cooked2perfectionDined on 10/2/2014I would recommend this place to take someone for a very special occasion. The steak was cooked to perfection, very succulent and everything that went with the meal was perfect. We had the potatoes- au- gratin which had a very rich and creamy cheese sauce. The onion bread with butter was amazing and this was the start to the meal. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very quiet, dim lighting and the restaurant was not so busy that it was crowded and uncomfortable. The service was like no other, my waitress checked on us often to make sure we didn't need anything. Our wine and water was refilled very often. My only regret was that I had no room for a dessert. We would make reservations to dine here again. It was expensive but well worth it.Special Features:
- Super ServicePopatopagainDined on 9/19/2014The food was assume and the service was the best. You will not regret choosing Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous filet!FlopupDined on 9/15/2014Our first time at Morton's, we've heard exceptional reviews from family and friends, and it was beyond our expectations. Great service... Our server went above and beyond, a modern, romantic atmosphere, and the filet was cooked to perfection. We ordered the sautéed brussel sprouts and sour cream mashed potatoes that were veer flavorful and hot! My vodka martini was perfectly chilled and shaken. I wish we had a Morton's in Memphis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014We have visited various Morton's locations in the USA. There is no doubt, the New Orleans restaurant is, by far, the best! Outstanding ambiance, service and food!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceTruefoodieDined on 9/13/2014I took my fiance here for his birthday. The ambiance was great. The food was delicious and they put bday confetti on the table, our pic was taken and they gave him a cheesecake with a candle in it at the end. Phenomenal dining experience, he loved it and so did I. The porterhouse steak melts in your mouth. The honey glazed salmon was fantastic and seasoned perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed with Morton's!!!KevinBDined on 9/12/2014We recently ate dinner at Morton's in New Orleans on 9/12/14. We had expected this great dining experience. But, instead, we had a very average to below average experience. First of all, they were not crowded, but it took us 95 minutes to eat dinner from beginning to end. It took them 30 minutes after we finished our entrees to bring our souffle. The salad was room temperature and not good. The filet was average. Mashed potatoes and Dessert were good. Service was just fair because everything was painfully slow. Overall, I was very unimpressed with Morton's and will not return. By comparison, we then ate at Ruths' Chris in New Orleans. Overall, they had excellent food, service, and ambiance. I highly recommend Ruths' Chris!!!
- Ehhh...NOLAfoodieDined on 9/11/2014We went for the We Live to Eat special because several of us had been waiting to cross it off our bucket list. The special was worth it but I wouldnt go back and pay full price. In New Orleans there are several better places to eat. The Happy Hour specials looked good but other than that it is way over priced.Special Features:
- ExceptionPhilly86VIPDined on 9/8/2014I have been to many Morton's around the country and you can always count on a top experience. This time was the exception. The maitre d pushed a wine that he claimed was great and it was only fair. After pouring the first glass of wine he abruptly left the table and didn't return even though the restaurant had only a few tables of people. The cajun rib eye was very salty. Cajun is usually spicy rather than salty. Luckily our server pampered us and compensated for the rest of the experience. Overall the experience was just average on a non-busy Monday night. Not what we expect from Mortons.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week - NOLANolagirl79Dined on 9/8/2014This was my first visit to Morton's, and I do plan to return. Great ambiance, location, and service. The food was also very well prepared. My only suggestion is to be aware of the spots on the glasses after washing, and to possibly have a better description of the food on the restaurant week menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014I have eaten several times at Morton's Steak House in New Orleans and was never disappointed. So for My Wife's 60th Birthday I decided we would dine there. We live in New Iberia, Louisiana and there are several good restaurants here but I thought this would be special. First she ordered onion soup it was burnt, her steak was not to her liking, potatoes, even the mushrooms were bad. I hate to say this but I do not intend to ever visit Morton's Steakhouse here or Houston are anywhere else there may be a location.
- EnjoymentFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014A great Morton experience, never been to one, even though we have one in our home city! Our wait person, Henrietta, made our experience most wonderful! But must admit the food was great too! The Cajun ribeye was fabulous! All four of us really enjoyed our salads, main courses and the sides!
- new orleans tripjoatDined on 8/31/2014service and food were very good. Open area to the bar did not make for a romantic setting and football while I eat in a premium restaurant is not what I expect. Never had a bad meal at Mortons worldwideSpecial Features:
- Great Dining17yrsandcountingDined on 8/30/2014One of our favorite restaurants to eat in any state. The service and food are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Know WHAT Was WrongCarolVIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I have visited Mortons in a few places, with this being our first to the New Orleans location. Usually it's an "event" location for us (I.e. our engagement) but this time we simply went for dinner as a family. It CERTAINLY was a disappointingly lack - luster $200+ meal. Food was cold, poorly seasoned, and just not cooked well. It hasn't changed our thoughts about the Morton ' s brand, I just don't care to return to THIS particular location.Special Features:
- Summer FinaleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Every year we partake in Morton's end of summer special, whether it be the Coolinary menu or the End of Summer Finale. This year we invited some friends to join us. Angel greeted us with a smile and offered cocktails or wine. When we asked if either the Coolinary or Summer Finale menus were available he advised he have to bring us one...which he did...one, for the entire table. We made our selections and it took quite a while for him to return to take our order. We were made to feel "cheap" by ordering off of the Summer Finale menu which was advertised to us via the emails we get from Morton's. If you don't want patrons to order these specials you should not promote and offer them. Fortunately the food was excellent as always.Special Features:
- Morton'sLike2eatoutDined on 8/29/2014Soup was good but lukewarm. So were the potatoes. Entrees were ok. I ordered a glass of house wine and it cost $18.00! Very overpriced for house wine. There are better restaurants in the area. I cannot recommend Morton's.Special Features:
- wrichardjrDined on 8/27/2014Ambiance and service awesome. Ordinary steak house food, extraordinary prices. We won't go back.
- Great birthday celebration!nolacookieDined on 8/27/2014We went for my wife's birthday. A photo was taken of us which was a very nice extra touch. It's expensive so we wouldn't dine there regularly but it's very nice for a special occasion. Also, many of the side items are for at least two people, so if only one wants a baked potato half would be wasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerMacirishDined on 8/25/2014This was our first visit to a Mortons. It was all we could imagine. Outstanding service along with excellent food insured that we had a wonderful evening. Morton's is now one of our favorite restaurants and we will be visiting the Charlotte location in the future.Special Features:
- Dining at Morton'sBirthdayDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere was very inviting and great for fine dining. Had a great time and was a good choice for a birthday dinner. They always make you feel special for your celebration. 3 out of 4 guests was very happy with their meal choice. It was a very busy night so the noise level was loud, but not unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was outstanding!VlangDined on 8/10/2014We were celebrating my husbands 59th birthday. When we arrived, we were seated at our table and found birthday confetti scattered on the table along with personalized menus with his name acknowledging his birthday. The maitre d' took a picture of us and the evening was just awesome. The service is exceptional, the mood setting is wonderful, the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and highly recommendedfoodie2301Dined on 8/8/2014I visit Pure Food and Wine almost every trip to NY. It is a raw, vegan restaurant and the preparation of the food is amazing. It is unlike any restaurant I know. Great care is taken to turn fruits, vegetables, nuts and spices into something that words can't describe. The deserts, including the ice cream like deserts that, of course, have no diary, are amazing.Special Features:
- nice atmospherejackieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Came for dinner early. Celebrating a birthday. Very accommodating. Table beautifully decorated. Received souvenir menus and picture of us. Steak and sides were warm, but not hot. Hardly anyone else in restaturant. Hard to believe. Oh Well. Except for food, was a very nice experience.Special Features:
- HmmmmmWineDineDined on 8/4/2014Mortons New Orleans French Quarters, being a huge Morton's fan of Beverly Hills and Burbank locations. I loved the new creme decor of this location, I loved the viewable wine room as you exit the elevator and greeted by the host. The ambiance was spectacular. The host, bartender and WAITRESS#1 service were suburb. Cajun Rib-Eye steak is elite in its field and never fails. Nothing can compare. The steak held upto it's taste even though I've always understood the Cajun Rib-Eye was marinated 60 hours but this location said 48. So every chew wasn't the same Cajun burst of flavor. But anywho my steak was still delish. My saute garlic spinach was very salty but our waitress handled that. The manager never greeted me before or during dinner. B-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but not the best in NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The bar opens onto the dining room, so it was very noisy. They were out of several cocktails and the lobster bisque. It seems odd to me for a restaurant to be out of regular menu items. We had great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought it would be betterLTMetDined on 7/26/2014Being local, we typically go to Ruth's Chris. This time we decided to give Morton's a try. We experienced long waits between courses and steaks which generally were not cooked to the level we wanted. Of the six steaks, three were overcooked and one was considerably undercooked (asked for medium and received it quite rare). We dealt with the over cooked because of time, but the undercooked steak was sent back and was better the second time around. Waiter was good, but table attention was a bit lacking (water and bread attention in particular). For the price, I thought it should have been a better.Special Features:
- consistent excellencecreoledivaVIPDined on 7/23/2014Always excellent!!! Service, food, ambience. The essence of a good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TStoutDined on 7/20/2014Very good food! The steak we ordered was big enough to share and we were very full! We had sour cream mashed potatoes and asparagus as sides. Both very yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJennDazetDined on 7/19/2014Loved the food the service was great the atmosphere we loved I got the redfish and loved it ! Great place for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Overall service was very good-- waitress was very helpful and knew her food offerings well. She guided is thru the experience Steak was somewhat disappointing
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was great although Landry's should know that if they are going to keep Morton's prices then they have to go the extra mile and keep things Morton's was famous for ie showing cuts of meats, presentation of food, extra special services, etc.