Morton's The Steakhouse - Nashville
618 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37219Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Nashville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (615) 259-4558
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 4:45pm
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Entertainment: Join Morton's for Power Hour Specials in Bar 12-21 Sunday - Friday 4:45pm - 6:30pm.
- Special Events: Morton's in Nashville hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/nashville
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Nashville
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Nashville. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com. Please note: To assure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)romantic (43)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (25)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014We have been to Morton's in Nashville twice, and have loved it both times! We had the same waiter, Alan, and he has made us feel welcome and appreciated both times! We love the food and the atmosphere, and our service was wonderful! We will definitely be returning again for a third time! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Every TimeFlyerGirl14Dined on 11/10/2014We've eaten at Morton's The Steakhouse several times and at different locations, but every time and everywhere it has been phenomenal! In Nashville, we were seated right away and given a full overview of the menu due to the changes they've made since the last time we were there. Our food came in a timely manner and we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service and foodGoodfood4goodtimesDined on 11/9/2014Service was exceptional as always. Staff was attention to detail oriented. Food was perfect! Manager even apologized when chef deemed cauliflower cassarol was slightly overcooked and was prepared again. No more than a 4 minute delay yet comped. Night was wonderful as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet was very tough.CsillsDined on 11/8/2014A $52 filet steak should not be tough to chew and swallow . I should have sent the steak back but I didn't . I love steaks but this one was a disappointment. Spent $513 on 3 steaks and a lobster tail.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This was our first visit to Morton's and the experience was absolutely fabulous. Our reservation needs were met and we were pleasantly surprised. Great staff as well. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Delicious Foodutvols13VIPDined on 10/31/2014Morton's has the BEST steaks in Nashville. Hands Down...I have eaten at a ton of steak houses & Morton's is the BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service lackingGeorgiaDinerDined on 10/26/2014The food was great, but the service was not what we were accustomed to with Morton's. We seemed to be waiting long periods between service and had to ask for refills on drinks more than once.
- Overpriced!RojoCojoDined on 10/24/2014Food was wonderful, service was outstanding but price....mmmm.... A little too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestButchVIPDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I had dinner at Mortons on our last night visiting Nashville. The food was cooked to perfection and the service was excellent. Would highly recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Debster7Debster7Dined on 9/23/2014Good ambience, but decor is a little tired. Big split in the seat of our banquette. Food was fine, but I expected much more due to the prices. The bread served is just a big onion roll and it was slightly dry. As for the pricing----ridiculous. $41.00 for a 6 oz filet and no sides included. $13.00 for a chopped salad. The steak was good, but not $41 good. The service was excellent, so no complaints there.Special Features:
- Made the evening specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Morton's was outstanding, from the time we entered they recognized our special day (24th anniversary). The table was set special for us, the menus commemorated the day and the service only got better from there. The food was exceptional and preparred just right. Thanks for making our night very special.Special Features:
- Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2014This is our favorite restaurant dine at when we visit Nashville. Food is outstanding and the service is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment EverywhereGnashFranklinDined on 9/13/2014Like many restaurants that charge this kind of price Morton's suffers from its own unrealistic expectations. Mix that with a night that just went totally wrong from them and it leaves a bad taste that won't have us returning. It wasn't that the food was bad, but it was far from excellent. It wasn't that the service was unattentive, but it was uneven and the food was mistimed. It wasn't that the ambiance was bad, but definitely dated. Even when the bill was "corrected" twice it was still incorrect. Disappointing in every way. For a meal over $100 per person one expects much more.Special Features:
- OverpricednashbarbVIPDined on 9/13/2014Hadn't been here is years and I won't be going back. Food was fine I suppose, except that I thought the Lyonnaise potatoes were pretty terrible, like french fries with sauteed onions. My guest had to send his steak back FOUR TIMES for them to get it right. Luckily this is THEIR favorite place to go. The wine corkage fee was $29, which is the highest I've ever heard of in this area. But the WORST thing was having a reservation and being led directly to a table by the kitchen. Embarrassing. I understand that SOMEONE has to sit by the kitchen by why can't restaurants screen them somehow? My husband and I seated ourselves so that WE were facing the kitchen but since it was a business thank you dinner, embarrassing nonetheless.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience41CoupeManDined on 9/12/2014The food, service and total experience at Morton's was fantastic. The appetizer was delicious, our server (Allyson) accommodated all our unusual salad requests, the side dishes were quite special and the entrée...(fillet) out of this world delightful. We recommend the bourbon sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- odom5Dined on 9/10/2014I have always been satisfied with the service and quality of food available at Morton's. This past visit was no exception. Ryan was a wonderful server and his support staff was great as well. I would highly recommend without reservation dinner at Morton's for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was perfectTheProgressionDined on 9/6/2014The steak was cooked to perfection and it was amazing. Though I wasn't happy with some of the other food. For example: the tuna tacos had so much spice that you couldn't taste the tuna so that was a waste of money. And the lemon dessert didn't taste that great. The steak was perfect but that's about the only food id want to order if I went again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerTntoddyDined on 9/6/2014What a great experience! I took my wife and daughters out ro what proved to be a great evening. When we arrived the was birthday confetti on the table with custom menus with her name on the header. Don't short cut and split a large steak, you will be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our 15th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014The staff was aware and outstanding every step of the way. The food was terrific! My Wife and I enjoyed the evening very much.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent food and service. One of the best steaks I have had in a long timeSpecial Features:
- Great as usualLarryDined on 9/3/2014Our visit was great as usual. Our server was the best. The only thing that was a little disapointing is the the chocolate souffle was not served with the usual sabanyon sauce as we have always had.Special Features:
- IncrediblePleasedDined on 9/1/2014The food was incredible and the service was excellent. I could not have been more pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSandlapperDined on 8/31/2014Tasty drinks, great rib eye, tasty creamed corn and grand marnier soufflé is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingChrisPDined on 8/23/2014Have never been to a "steak" restaurant and had the side shrimp and scallops outshine what was a great steak (their version of surf & turf). My wife's proscuitto wrapped halibut was also delicious. Warning though, salad servings are huge-good news though was so full had to pass up on their special order souffle deserts (NEXT TIME). Great serviceSpecial Features:
- Great food but expen$$$ive!!EddieBDined on 8/16/2014My group had sticker shock when we saw the menu and prices. Ended up ordering appetizers for all. Still about $40 per person.....Special Features:
- Forget Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I am a big Ruth's Chris fan but I now have a new favorite. It was amazing with great service, terrific recommendations from the servers. The Ahi tuna tower was fabulous. The filiet and stuffed shrimp were amazing and the carrot cake was the best I've ever had. I loved the whole experience. Everything, including the sides were better than Ruths Chris, my former favorite place. I loved it all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Good food. Service was really slow. I think it was our particular server though. Other parties had come and gone and we were still waiting for our bills. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for a Longhorn, poor for MortonsSteakluvrDined on 8/8/2014Cold potato, cool steak ,,quite disappointing for the $$$$ , service was fair at best
- Special TreatmentBirthdayBoyDined on 8/6/2014Morton's staff was prepared for my birthday celebration for me and my wife. We had star 'glitter' sprinkled on the table as well as customized menu sheets with my name and birth date on them and a birthday card with our photo. At the end of the meal we also enjoyed a complimentary dessert. The food was fabulous and the service was amazing. As we were leaving we could see that the bar was hopping! Thanks to Morton's for a memorable birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- made new reservations alreadyFraumacDined on 8/3/2014We had great service and great food. We had their advertised special and the portions were good - almost too much. The salmon and the chicken were excellent and of course their salads are superb. We went to the Palm previously and while this is a comparable priced restaurant but we were very disappointed in the Palm the 2nd time in a row, we were very pleased with Morton's and will be returning to Morton's next week.Special Features:
- exceptional serviceRangerjohnDined on 8/3/2014Staff was cheerful and helpful thought out our meal Morton's is either very fortunate to hire such service minded staff or they have an excellent training program the food was prepared as requested and served promptly Morton's in among our top three steak house in Nashville and we will be backSpecial Features:
- Amazing ExperienceBobandyDined on 8/2/2014This wasn't just dinner, it was a dining experience! Everything from the food, the presentation, to the service was top notch. Monica took excellent care of my companion and I. "Server" or "Waitress" isn't even a good enough title for her. The steaks were every bit as legendary as Morton's claims they are--aged to perfection. We never felt rushed and felt nothing but welcome. Food was amazing. Service incredible. I will be back.Special Features:
- disappointingsteakloverDined on 8/2/2014Bread was dry/stale, Steaks were just okay and at a steakhouse where 6 oz steaks start at $41,I expect steak to be better the okay! The steaks I cook at home are better! After all, this is why we go to these expensive steakhouses so we get something you can'thave at home! Salads were good...chocolate mousse just okay. Unfortunately have had similar experience there before so...no more Morton's for us!
- Reliable steaks & seafoodnanoFDined on 8/1/2014Whether at home near NYC, or traveling for business or pleasure, my husband and I find Morton's an excellent choice for standard American fare that pleases everyone. In Nashville, all six in our party were pleased with scallops, shrimp, lamb chops and beef filets, as well as a creme brulee and cheesecake. Our only complaint was that instead of being served a sabayon as ordered, we waited twenty minutes and a plate of whipped cream arrived, dotted with berries. We pointed out to the waiter it wasn't a sabayon and he apologized for the discrepancy. Moments later the manager arrived and insisted that we had been served a sabayon. It was quite unpleasant and, of course, unnecessary and inappropriate.Special Features:
- The following 862 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Nashville reviews archive.
- Great food, great serviceNashgirlDined on 7/29/2014Suggested Morton's for a going away dinner for a friend. The group of six included people with a variety of tastes regarding food. The atmosphere was perfect and the food choices were excellent. Overall the perfect place for the occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience25thweddinganniversaryDined on 7/29/2014Had a great night dining and exceptional staff made us feel special!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Server and Food were both outstanding. Impressive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Two years in a row we have had an incredible experience for our 25th and 26th Anniversaries. The food and service were amazing! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emptynestemptynestVIPDined on 7/17/2014as one of morton's biggest fans over the years, i'm done. it's just not the same.
- DinnerMobyDined on 7/12/2014The steak was fabulous. crab appetizer was delicious but for 18 dollars mostly lettuce. the lyonnaise potatoes were nothing like we have experienced nor were the mushrooms. biggest disappointment was the souffle. It was watery and so sugary and the sauce was runny with not much flavor just sugar. We were so excited about the rich thick whipped cream that we had so many many times before. Unfortunately it ended up not to be such a great experience. The staff was kind and courteous and did take the soufflé off of our bill but that was not the point. I doubt we will return. So many other steak houses in Nashville to choose from. I hate to even write this as Mortos was always one of our absolute favorite places to go.