Morton's The Steakhouse - Midtown Manhattan
551 5th Ave (entrance on 45th St.)
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Midtown Manhattan
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (212) 972-3315
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in New York (Manhattan) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/newyork
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Midtown Manhattan
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - New York (Midtown Manhattan). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com. To ensure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Midtown Manhattan reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)romantic (83)good for groups (79)notable wine list (74)fit for foodies (74)great for lunch (43)late-night find (23)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- Nice steak, great wineLuv1fossettDined on 11/15/2014Steaks really good, wines superb. Helpful sommelier. Ambiance warm, staff younger but very attentive, polite, well trained in fine art of waiting. Good evening there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointed!IngelaDined on 11/15/2014After having eaten in many Mortons restaurants in many cities we felt quite sorry after this time. it has Always been a favourite of ours and we try to book whenever we go to the states. Our table was in front of the door even though the restaurant was not full, than we ordered drinks that arrived after the wine! We had no time to relax as the food came shortly after. Maybe they wanted us out as quickly as possible. It did not fell good at all to pay and leave 20 % tip as custom. The food was good but why the hurry?
- Bait & Switch... ordered a bottle of '08 wine...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2014we ordered a bottle of '08 wine priced at $139. Special occasion blah blah. Instead they brought us a bottle of 2010.(Priced at $109) Ok - no problem - nice wine - but don't then charge me the higher price for the bottle we didn't receive. When we complained the manager said something about the 2010 being a "reserve" and only took $15 off the bill. BTW - no mention of "reserve" on the wine list or label which I'd photographed. We continued to press the issue and were told there were 3 managers on that evening but the most senior one was not available. In the end they could have simply made it right and we'd be happy. Instead they stoned walled for an extra $15. This doesn't happen at Wolfgangs. At Union Sq Cafe. At The Gramercy Tavern. The Strip House. why wouldI ever go back to this place again after that kind of treatment? Skip it..move on...far better places to eat in this city and frankly - the steaks weren't that great either.
- Great food and service consistentlypaulaVIPDined on 11/11/2014I visit Mortons often and take clients and family there. The food is consistently excellent from the steaks to the lamb chops to the salmon. You cannot go wrong with whatever you eat. The salads are excellent also as are the crab meat cocktail and crab cakes. Shrimp cocktail is unbelievable. For dessert you have to have the chocolate cake, which must be ordered in advance- unbelievable. The service is quick and friendly and patrons are treated like valued customers whom they are happy to see and want to come back. It is also a place you can take clients and have good conversations as it is quiet enough to hear the person across the table without yelling, and the tables are fare enough away from each other so as not to hear the person at the next table. Anyone who dines in NYC knows this is a big plus, and very hard to find. Lastly the Happy Hour is terrific, good food and drinks in a nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMalboroLiDined on 11/8/2014As usual, one of the best steak house in ManhattanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidSteveVIPDined on 11/6/2014Very good food and service. Not too noisy so great for clients.Special Features:
- wine list needs helptonylDined on 11/5/2014As Supurb as the food is, the wine list is poor. In fact they feature a 'Rare Red' on thier main menu that I have ordered the last 3 times I been to the Midtown Manhatten Morton's - and each time they were out of it with the explanation that they are truning over thier wine list.Special Features:
- How can you not love Morton's?MELTmethodDined on 11/3/2014As always, Morton's delivers. Amazing staff, exquisite food, great atmosphere. It's a no brainer.Special Features:
- Perfect For Steak LoversYabaduuDined on 11/2/2014Mortons is waiting for New Yorkers to admit that Peter Luger lives of the past, and Mortons is the future. Beautiful steaks and sides. The steak just melts in your mouth. I cannot recimmend it more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe for tourists, not for localsNaAlDined on 11/2/2014If you are in midtown, willing to pay double the going price, or has someone else who is going to pay for you, then maybe it's not a bad place to go.Special Features:
- DisappointingBobbyVIPDined on 10/31/2014Didn't have that fresh meaty taste that I expected. Filet tastes just cooked without rub or even salt and pepper to show that the chef took pride in making a great steak.
- JSevenDined on 10/25/2014Good food and great service. If the pricing was a bit more in line, I would say outstanding food. As with all steak houses...pricing is out of lineSpecial Features:
- Anniversary made specialNgreggorsDined on 10/23/2014We had come to NYC as part of our 10th wedding anniversary and had just flown in from London. When booking via Open Table we mentioned this and were given some extra special attention from the waiting staff. Our tiredness soon went when the cocktails and then the awesome steaks came out. A fantastic start to our city break.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KKAberdeenDined on 10/18/2014Great place, great food and service, an absolute must to visit when in NY.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceataboyDined on 10/14/2014The food was outstanding, service the best and everyone very friendly. The atmosphere is an oasis from the hustle of downtown. What else can one say - great experience and worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerDininginNYDined on 10/12/2014I went to Morton´s with my boyfriend for our last evening in the city - it was the best steak we´ve ever had so far. The sides are perfect for sharing and with help from our very attentive and nice waitress we could easily make our choice. The Center-Cut Filet Mignon is a definite must-have. The wine selection is notable and huge and includes a wine for every taste and occasion. The ambience is great, the noise level is moderate and makes private conversations possible. The service was outstanding and so was the food - we will definitely come back to one of Morton´s Restaurants in the future.Special Features:
- Amazing food, Understaffedjosg16Dined on 10/11/2014The food was outstanding. I had the chopped spinach salad which has to be the best salad ever. Steak and seafood combo for dinner. Crème brulee for dessert. All items were done to perfection! The problem we had was the server seemed to be MIA for much of the meal.. and I believe it was no fault of her own. The restaurant became quickly packed (on a Saturday night) and it seemed that service was hard to come by. We allowed 2.5 hours to dine prior to a Broadway show yet we barely made it to the show on time! For an upscale restaurant with a high price tag, I would expect stellar service to go along with it. I will definitely be visiting another Morton's (because of the food quality) but hopefully the staffing will be more available!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceCatwithaCDined on 10/4/2014Morton's is my favorite steakhouse. The food is always excellent. The manager and servers are so friendly, everyone makes you feel welcome. Both my dining partner and I were very happy with our meals. As usual, it was a lovely evening. I would highly recommend Morton's to any one who wants a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food/attentive serviceLaurapoohVIPDined on 10/2/2014I have dined at the White Plains location and been very happy. I decided to try this location as it was very convenient to a class I was taking in the same building. I found that my time was very limited for lunch and notified the staff upon my arrival. The food was delivered in plenty of time and was delicious as always. I truly appreciate that the staff honored my request and made my lunch time, albeit short, a lovely experience for my daughter and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steak dinnerMrsMcCDined on 9/30/2014I'd been to the Morton's in Great Neck, but it wasn't anything special. We decided to try this one since we were going to be in the neighborhood. It was fabulous. We got a romantic corner booth, and everyone on the staff was a total pro, including our waiter, who didn't intrusively try to upsell but never let my husband's wine glass be empty. We also enjoyed a drink at the bar before dinner, and the bartenders were old-school class. I had the center cut ribeye and my husband had the 12 oz filet and we both loved our dinners. The prices are typical for a Manhattan steakhouse, but definitely worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good, as ever !MrHallDined on 9/29/2014This was our second visit to Mortons mid town and our 8th visit to Mortons overall. As ever, the whole experience was great, though those prices are edging up and up....Special Features:
- paulaVIPDined on 9/29/2014great food, great service and they treat you, the customer, like royalty whats not to likeSpecial Features:
- top level steaksteakloverDined on 9/28/2014the food was very good. a small issue is: when i reserve seats in the website, i wrote comments "pls prepare rose for my wife and doughter", but actrully no stuff care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food excellent serviceFirstTimerDined on 9/27/2014I've serviced this location many times as a field tech but never dined at this location until Saturday. The waiter Moses was very helpful and made suggestions that made it easy for me as a first time patron. The food arrived shortly and was excellent as well as the drinks and desert. I'll definitely have to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic PlaceAlanKVIPDined on 9/26/2014As always, everything was perfect. Joan the Manager is by far the best I have seen in the industry. Every time I go there, he truly makes my guest and I feel extremely comfortable and welcome. All of Joan's recommendations are always on point....every time. He knows how to pair wines with the food your having like no other. Thanks Juan for everything! Sincerely, AlanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible halibut!MARYA1Dined on 9/26/2014I had an entree with halibut wrapped in prosciutto, on a bed of creamy pesto sauce. Absolutely incredible!Special Features:
- Morton's NYCMomOfThreeDined on 9/25/2014Great food, great service. Morton's always has wonderful food, and the service is impeccable!Special Features:
- Very good beefborga76VIPDined on 9/23/2014One of the best place in NYC to Have a dinner, fantastic meat. I took a filet Mignon really delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks and placeluvgoodfoodDined on 9/22/2014Poor quality of steaks. Much better in other Mortons. Bad taste in decor. Not cozy not romantic. much nicer other locations.Special Features:
- Great SteakHouse in NYPier69Dined on 9/21/2014I have been there last week with my wife. I enjoyed a lot the food and the friendiness of the staff. Worth a visit if you are in New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceSvenska73Dined on 9/20/2014Super service and good food. I had accidentally booked my reservation for the next night but they accomodated us anyway. My only issue is the size of the portions, they are huge. There should be more choices in the size of the meal:)Special Features:
- ExquisiteWifeandIDined on 9/19/2014Although this was my first experience located at this resturant it feels as if I've been a regular guest here at Morton's. I would recommend this resturant to anyone whom wants to enjoy an aquired taste and well as a scenic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not the same...KinctVIPDined on 9/19/2014A dinner at Morton's used to be a wonderful, over-the-top experience in terms of both food and service. Sadly, this is no longer the case. My group enjoyed a good, pleasant dinner, but it was comparable to hundreds of other OK steakhouses. I wouldn't go out of my way to dine here for a special occasion, but might choose it if I was already in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBaturoniDined on 9/19/2014Since the appettizer ´til the desert everything was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always a perfect dinner and wineMarkH66Dined on 9/14/2014Mortons never fails its always consistent and a great wine list with very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexBVIPDined on 9/12/2014Morton's is expensive even in comparison to other NY steakhouses but the quality and consistency are there. They also have good fresh fish which will be a relief for non carnivores.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner SpotnycblitzDined on 9/6/2014I decided to take the gf here for our anniversary dinner. The staff was very friendly and attentive, our servers were wonderful the whole time. The food was top notch, the shrimp cocktail and crab cocktails were chilled to perfection, the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella was very tasty. We had the Chicago rib and NY strip steaks that were cooked to perfection. Finished off with a raspberry souffle and coffee with baileys and whip creme. They gave us personalized menus to take home and also took a picture and printed it out for us in a decorative Morton's folder that said Happy Anniversary. They also gave us our dessert on the house. The place is very pricey, but worth every dollar! I would def. go back again.Special Features:
- Waitress was rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our waitress began friendly, and offered many suggetions about the appetizers, steaks, etc. After we ordered our appetizer and beverages, she all but disappeared. We saw her attending to other tables around us but would walk past us without speaking. We felt it was because we did not order alcohol, but the other tables around us did. We had a second waitress bring our food, check in on us, and bring our ticket. We had to waive our main waitress down and ask for a refill - which she only refilled 1 of the 4 drinks sitting on the table. She only returned when it was time to collect our receipts.Special Features:
- Anniversarymnl11Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and service all around, but particularly fantastic for a special event - we were greeted with a personalized menu for us to take home celebrating our anniversary and the date, offered a complimentary dessert, and given a photo to take home with us. Really went above and beyond - would very much recommend this location to friends not only for a great meal, but particularly for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Service is always top notchJosecDined on 8/30/2014Morton's knows how to how to deliver excellent service. From the hostess to top servers, drink specials, quality of food, ambience, etc. we have eaten here so everal times and have not been disappointed. This is tradition for my son's bday for the last 4 years. Pricey but wth the service they provide, you simply cannot complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.