Morton's The Steakhouse - Midtown Manhattan
551 5th Ave (entrance on 45th St.)
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Midtown Manhattan
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2129723315
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in New York (Manhattan) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/newyork
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Midtown Manhattan
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - New York (Midtown Manhattan). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com. To ensure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Midtown Manhattan reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (136)romantic (84)good for groups (74)notable wine list (70)fit for foodies (66)great for lunch (45)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (18)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014The food was outstanding, service the best and everyone very friendly. The atmosphere is an oasis from the hustle of downtown. What else can one say - great experience and worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerDininginNYDined on 10/12/2014I went to Morton´s with my boyfriend for our last evening in the city - it was the best steak we´ve ever had so far. The sides are perfect for sharing and with help from our very attentive and nice waitress we could easily make our choice. The Center-Cut Filet Mignon is a definite must-have. The wine selection is notable and huge and includes a wine for every taste and occasion. The ambience is great, the noise level is moderate and makes private conversations possible. The service was outstanding and so was the food - we will definitely come back to one of Morton´s Restaurants in the future.Special Features:
- Amazing food, UnderstaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014The food was outstanding. I had the chopped spinach salad which has to be the best salad ever. Steak and seafood combo for dinner. Crème brulee for dessert. All items were done to perfection! The problem we had was the server seemed to be MIA for much of the meal.. and I believe it was no fault of her own. The restaurant became quickly packed (on a Saturday night) and it seemed that service was hard to come by. We allowed 2.5 hours to dine prior to a Broadway show yet we barely made it to the show on time! For an upscale restaurant with a high price tag, I would expect stellar service to go along with it. I will definitely be visiting another Morton's (because of the food quality) but hopefully the staffing will be more available!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceCatwithaCDined on 10/4/2014Morton's is my favorite steakhouse. The food is always excellent. The manager and servers are so friendly, everyone makes you feel welcome. Both my dining partner and I were very happy with our meals. As usual, it was a lovely evening. I would highly recommend Morton's to any one who wants a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food/attentive serviceLaurapoohVIPDined on 10/2/2014I have dined at the White Plains location and been very happy. I decided to try this location as it was very convenient to a class I was taking in the same building. I found that my time was very limited for lunch and notified the staff upon my arrival. The food was delivered in plenty of time and was delicious as always. I truly appreciate that the staff honored my request and made my lunch time, albeit short, a lovely experience for my daughter and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steak dinnerMrsMcCDined on 9/30/2014I'd been to the Morton's in Great Neck, but it wasn't anything special. We decided to try this one since we were going to be in the neighborhood. It was fabulous. We got a romantic corner booth, and everyone on the staff was a total pro, including our waiter, who didn't intrusively try to upsell but never let my husband's wine glass be empty. We also enjoyed a drink at the bar before dinner, and the bartenders were old-school class. I had the center cut ribeye and my husband had the 12 oz filet and we both loved our dinners. The prices are typical for a Manhattan steakhouse, but definitely worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good, as ever !MrHallDined on 9/29/2014This was our second visit to Mortons mid town and our 8th visit to Mortons overall. As ever, the whole experience was great, though those prices are edging up and up....Special Features:
- paulaVIPDined on 9/29/2014great food, great service and they treat you, the customer, like royalty whats not to likeSpecial Features:
- top level steaksteakloverDined on 9/28/2014the food was very good. a small issue is: when i reserve seats in the website, i wrote comments "pls prepare rose for my wife and doughter", but actrully no stuff care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food excellent serviceFirstTimerDined on 9/27/2014I've serviced this location many times as a field tech but never dined at this location until Saturday. The waiter Moses was very helpful and made suggestions that made it easy for me as a first time patron. The food arrived shortly and was excellent as well as the drinks and desert. I'll definitely have to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic PlaceAlanKVIPDined on 9/26/2014As always, everything was perfect. Joan the Manager is by far the best I have seen in the industry. Every time I go there, he truly makes my guest and I feel extremely comfortable and welcome. All of Joan's recommendations are always on point....every time. He knows how to pair wines with the food your having like no other. Thanks Juan for everything! Sincerely, AlanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible halibut!MARYA1Dined on 9/26/2014I had an entree with halibut wrapped in prosciutto, on a bed of creamy pesto sauce. Absolutely incredible!Special Features:
- Morton's NYCMomOfThreeDined on 9/25/2014Great food, great service. Morton's always has wonderful food, and the service is impeccable!Special Features:
- Very good beefborga76Dined on 9/23/2014One of the best place in NYC to Have a dinner, fantastic meat. I took a filet Mignon really delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks and placeluvgoodfoodDined on 9/22/2014Poor quality of steaks. Much better in other Mortons. Bad taste in decor. Not cozy not romantic. much nicer other locations.Special Features:
- Great SteakHouse in NYPier69Dined on 9/21/2014I have been there last week with my wife. I enjoyed a lot the food and the friendiness of the staff. Worth a visit if you are in New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteWifeandIDined on 9/19/2014Although this was my first experience located at this resturant it feels as if I've been a regular guest here at Morton's. I would recommend this resturant to anyone whom wants to enjoy an aquired taste and well as a scenic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not the same...KinctVIPDined on 9/19/2014A dinner at Morton's used to be a wonderful, over-the-top experience in terms of both food and service. Sadly, this is no longer the case. My group enjoyed a good, pleasant dinner, but it was comparable to hundreds of other OK steakhouses. I wouldn't go out of my way to dine here for a special occasion, but might choose it if I was already in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBaturoniDined on 9/19/2014Since the appettizer ´til the desert everything was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always a perfect dinner and wineMarkH66Dined on 9/14/2014Mortons never fails its always consistent and a great wine list with very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexBVIPDined on 9/12/2014Morton's is expensive even in comparison to other NY steakhouses but the quality and consistency are there. They also have good fresh fish which will be a relief for non carnivores.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner SpotnycblitzDined on 9/6/2014I decided to take the gf here for our anniversary dinner. The staff was very friendly and attentive, our servers were wonderful the whole time. The food was top notch, the shrimp cocktail and crab cocktails were chilled to perfection, the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella was very tasty. We had the Chicago rib and NY strip steaks that were cooked to perfection. Finished off with a raspberry souffle and coffee with baileys and whip creme. They gave us personalized menus to take home and also took a picture and printed it out for us in a decorative Morton's folder that said Happy Anniversary. They also gave us our dessert on the house. The place is very pricey, but worth every dollar! I would def. go back again.Special Features:
- Waitress was rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our waitress began friendly, and offered many suggetions about the appetizers, steaks, etc. After we ordered our appetizer and beverages, she all but disappeared. We saw her attending to other tables around us but would walk past us without speaking. We felt it was because we did not order alcohol, but the other tables around us did. We had a second waitress bring our food, check in on us, and bring our ticket. We had to waive our main waitress down and ask for a refill - which she only refilled 1 of the 4 drinks sitting on the table. She only returned when it was time to collect our receipts.Special Features:
- Anniversarymnl11Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and service all around, but particularly fantastic for a special event - we were greeted with a personalized menu for us to take home celebrating our anniversary and the date, offered a complimentary dessert, and given a photo to take home with us. Really went above and beyond - would very much recommend this location to friends not only for a great meal, but particularly for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Service is always top notchJosecDined on 8/30/2014Morton's knows how to how to deliver excellent service. From the hostess to top servers, drink specials, quality of food, ambience, etc. we have eaten here so everal times and have not been disappointed. This is tradition for my son's bday for the last 4 years. Pricey but wth the service they provide, you simply cannot complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We were thoroughly pleased with Morton's. They truly made our anniversary special. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable!!SpecialEventDined on 8/23/2014Morton's Mid-Town Manhattan - Simply impeccable!! The evening was not just another dinner at a fine NYC restaurant but Morton's Mid-town Manhattan was a special EVENT.. A total delight - spectacular evening from beginning to end. Staff - top shelf quality - A huge THANK YOU again - to our superior attendant. Morton's Mid-town NYC - is a diamond in the rough - Our rating 10 GOLD STARS...across the board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014All that can you expect from a restaurante with all the tradición of Mortons. Great lunch special price.Special Features:
- Awesome steakhouseJoin0728Dined on 8/14/2014The best restaurant week I ever had. The filet was awesome.! Whenever i wanna have steak, wanna visit here.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steckhouse ottimamonnyguiDined on 8/13/2014Avendo voglia di bistecche americane mio marito e figlio hanno visto questo ristorante raccomandato vicino al nostro hotel, locale elegante, discretamente rumoroso, personale gentile ( ti forniscono anche il wi-fi) bistecche e carne in genere notevoli. buona anche la scelta di pesce, ottime capesante. ottimi dolci che possono essere portati a casa se non vengono finiti. consiglio vivamente, abbiamo mangiato anche nella sede di PittsburgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekGatsbyDined on 8/13/2014You have got to love the perks of this week. This restaurant was so amazing and obviously fancy that if it weren't for the deal given i wouldn't have been there. Three courses for $25 where this restaurant had salads for $12 and entrees from $23-$50 a meal. Very decadent food and well detailed everything was delicious. I had the 6 oz filet medium well and it was done perfectly. The juices were left on the plate and served with yummy mashed potatoes I was in heaven with every bite and it was the perfect portion size. My mouth waters every time I talk about how awesome it was. I would love to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyVIPDined on 8/12/2014as always, Morton's is the place to go == had a veal chop this time and everyone else had steak - the chop was amazing.Special Features:
- Seriously amazingBrianVIPDined on 8/11/2014Had a stellar dinner here last night. Amazing all around reallySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with the old & in with the newlovelostDined on 8/11/2014There were two managers working and the older bald one was not very nice. after paying the check the waiter came back with the change. The waiter was very nice so I left a 22% tip. The manager came to the table took the waiter's tip and ran off. Strange man.Special Features:
- Fantastic experience again...PopuliDined on 8/10/2014mortons is aleays delivering fantastic food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parFoodiegirlDined on 8/9/2014Went for my husband's bday. Host was on phone when we got there. He ignored us for a good 5 minutes before he had someone else attend to us. Meanwhile they were not busy. They forgot to give us my husbands complementary bday menu. I had to ask for it which ruined that surprise. We both ordered our steak med well. Mine came rare and his came well done. My husband had to ask that his meal be kept hot while we waited 4 my steak to be cooked. Waiter should have offered that 2 begin with. Hubby ordered cheesecake 4 dessert but got key lime pie instead. We also were not asked if we wanted coffee before our dessert was brought to us. Waiter was not attentive or experienced enough.Much prefer the Morton's in Hackensack. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Great time.RarabingDined on 8/8/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate our anniversary and the staff treated us as if we were the most important couple there. Thomas, our server, treated us like a royal couple. He was so nice and pleasantly answered all our questions about the menu. The food was outstanding, from the bread to the salads to the steaks and side dishes and finally to the dessert. After our entrees, Thomas took our picture and later presented us with a nice anniversary gift of the photo and special anniversary menus to take home. Overall we had a great experience and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a bit overpricedDanSDined on 8/8/2014The food here was very good. We went for NYC Restaurant Week, as Morton's is very well known. Our only issues were that it was about 60 degrees inside on an 80 degree day, so it was way too cold for comfort. Also, I ordered a beer, which I was told was meant to share for multiple people, so the waitress recommended something else. Instead of a normal beer ($8 still), I was served a $17 beer! A customer should be informed before a purchase as ridiculous as that!
- Solid steakMcjoeypDined on 8/7/2014Very modern decor, great service, food is very good and tasty. The bread is fantastic. Would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDinnerVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great RW menu. Most locations offer small portions or their cheapest/cost friendly items during RW, but not here. Portions are same size as their regular menu and everything is outstanding. Great service to top it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.