Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville
626 West Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (502) 584-0421
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
Please call (502) 584-0421 for details.
- Entertainment: Specially Priced Bar Bites Daily Open - 7pm
- Special Events: Morton's in Louisville hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/louisville
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (44)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (16)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- My steak was unfavorable and not cooked correctly.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Au gratin potatoes were way to cheesy, the steak was unflavorableSpecial Features:
- Great experienceRandyDined on 11/22/2014Everything was great about this place. My friends and I will be talking about our night out for many years. The only complaint I have is about the canadian lobster tail you can have added to your steak entree. It is paltry. The lobster tail is similar to the frozen lobster you can buy at Kroger for $5. They charge you a LOT more than $5 at Morton's obviously. Anyway, that was my only regret and it wouldn't stop me from coming back. The evening as a whole was exceptional as well as the rest of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryBirthdayDined on 11/22/2014I had heard great things about mortons but was very disappointed. Other than the fantastic Caesar and nice warm loaf of bread , everything else was average. The steak was just ok. The spinach greasy and more mushroom than greens. The au gratin potato was greasy too. The waiter was good but very rehearsed in his conversation. The photo for our anniversary seemed very commercial too. There was no decor to create a mood. They actually used big wine bottles to create a partition between tables. The only thing with any style is the deco lettering they use for their name. Won't go back. Won't recommend. A very expensive mistake. The prices were ridiculous fir what u got. They r niot on par with jeff rubies .
- Superb! Delicious meal cooked to perfection!goodeatsformeDined on 11/22/2014Ask for and received a cozy booth for four! Two birthdays in our group. Service was excellent and food was all cooked to perfection and plentiful. Really enjoyed everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TripOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014We were in Louisville for a basketball game. I decided we should have a nice meal. We ended up having a dinner experience we will talk about for a long time. The water let me use the crumb catcher! The steaks were cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- Disappointed in Morton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Been many times and always have loved Morton's The last time I went about a year ago I noticed the food had slipped. I thought maybe it was just a bad night. Went this weekend…waited almost an hour for our food after we ordered. Steak came and it was downright COLD. Yes the steak was actually cold! The staff was great when I told them and it really wasn't a big deal. They got me another new steak within about 4 minutes (which again reminds me we waited almost an HOUR for our food) and even though the new steak was better it still wasn't too hot. I ate it though as I didn't want to bother them with another issue and I just wanted to leave at that point as I had another event to get to. I'm still a big fan of Morton's and will go back. I've heard others say that since they were bought by some company called Landry's?? that the food has gotten worse. I'm afraid to say that based on my last two visits that seems to be the case. I'll give them another chance though. Again the staff was fantastic as always.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience I've ever had here.DinerVIPDined on 11/15/2014I'll be honest - Morton's is always at the bottom of the list for me when it comes to steak in Louisville. I have to say though, this was by far the best experience I have ever had here and based on this trip, I will return shortly. They have some newer side dishes on the menu as well as some apps. I thoroughly enjoyed the bacon onion macaroni and cheese and the creamed corn. My filet was extremely tender. Everyone's was. The lobster was also excellent. Our server was attentive. He missed a few things we requested during our order placement but did a very good job overall and was rewarded with a large tip. If you aren't a seafood fan no worries - grab some parmesan truffle fries to munch on while you wait for your food. The only real "miss" is their onion bread. Just not a fan of that. Perhaps a non-onion bread choice for those of us who just like plain ole' bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dinning with friendscoolceo101Dined on 11/11/2014Great food and wonderful service, and I would recommend the seafood platter for a starter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCorvettegirl7Dined on 11/11/2014This was my first visit to a Morton's Steakhouse. I was excited, as I've known the name for years. The bread was great, but all went downhill from there. Nothing else stood out except the service and attention. Staff did a great job, but food was just okay. I've had better at a much more reasonable price. I ordered a filet and shrimp. Steak was good, but not outstanding. Shrimp were the worst I've ever eaten. They were over cooked. Sides are huge and you can definitely share with one or two others.
- We love Morton'smortonsFanDined on 11/1/2014Always a go to spot for us on special occasions. Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedChynacatDined on 10/31/2014Hmm, where to start? We visited other Morton’s locations and this time we were horribly disappointed. Our cocktails were wrong, the bread was scorched and tasteless, and my entrée had to be returned. We were told a French baquette was in the oven, when our dessert was ordered I ask if the baquette would be served with dessert. Yep, the fourth apology that evening! I returned home and made a Panini because I was hungry. I was sorry we didn’t go to Vincenzo’s as originally planned.Special Features:
- Great, as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday and to enjoy the Halloween special. Food was excellent, as usual. Naturally, the steak was wonderful; but they do a particularly good job with vegetables. They aren't an afterthought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service.valuaddedDined on 10/26/2014My wife loved it. They made a special occasion special. The service was very good. The food was good, but not of the quality their high price should demand. For the price (and less) there are better options.Special Features:
- Steak was averageavgsteakDined on 10/26/2014Service was good and the place was elegant, but the food was disappointing. Specifically I had the bone in ribeye medium rare. I was hoping for a very juicy and succulent cut but instead it tasted rather avg. Little tough and dry. Almost like freezer burn.
- What happens when you combine...NotStupidVIPDined on 10/25/2014High prices, boring food, and bad service? You know you've had dinner at Morton's. Our meal for four was almost $650. My wife's tiny steak looked embarrassed by all the white space around it. Sauce would have helped this bland mini-filet but oops our server forgot that part of our order. My "Oysters Rockefeller" was another bland mess - and at 4 for $18 was grossly over-priced. I'll admit the dessert was excellent - hard to believe it came out of the same kitchen - but it didn't make up for what was overall just not worth the trip.
- Jim67Dined on 10/25/2014Had a great meal with excellent service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nite or Morton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Service was very poor. Waiter had too much going on. The sirloin special had poor flavor. The veggies and hash browns arrived 15 minutes after the meat was served.
- Great eveningGoodandSteamyDined on 10/23/2014My wife and I enjoyed our dining experience on her birthday. A reasonable Valet service is available, coats are offered to be checked in, a very comfortable booth was provided and Josh, our waiter was very hospitable and accomadating the entire time we were there. No less than 6 staff members waited on our table and provided averything we asked for. The meal was delicious and we look forward to another visit in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningFabulousDined on 10/19/2014Fabulous dining experience and our waiter David was amazing with his knowledge and service level!Special Features:
- If you desire the best.ProspectfoodieDined on 10/19/2014If the best of food, service and ambiance is what you desire this is where you need to go. The best is always more expensive than mediocrity so bring more money than normal but the value is excellent. Enjoy an absolutely wonderful dinner and you will be back.Special Features:
- Nice Anniversary PackageAndyDandyDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I discovered by chance they have an anniversary package. They made us a table photo, and served a complimentary souffle as a dessert. When we were greeted by staff, they wished us a happy anniversary and ordered from a menu with "Happy Anniversary" on it. I thought this a very nice touch. We both got steak: I got the 16oz cajun Ribeye and my wife got the 16oz sirloin. They were well cooked and tender. They age their meat making it tender but to me it seems to also gain a richness. We both took about half of that meat home. We shared orders of garlic potatoes and asparagus. We also ordered the Godiva chocolate cake. One glass of house wine each. Recommened for others! Figure about $100/person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed grillWebberwarriorVIPDined on 10/14/2014The mixed grill is a great way to enjoy a nice steak and a little seafood. Cooked perfectly as always.Special Features:
- Awesomebjfuller2000Dined on 10/8/2014One of the best meals I've ever had. My wife and I had an amazing dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundFoodieCoupleDined on 10/4/2014Wife and I celebrated our anniversary. They had personalized menus, gave us a free dessert and a photo. The food was excellent and the place was nice and quiet. The staff was very friendly and they all wished us a happy anniversary.Special Features:
- Dependable MortonsGarlictesterDined on 10/1/2014Steak perfect, of course, sides too. Ate early before concert so restaurant very un crowded - appreciated the quiet atmosphere, soft up to date music, audible but not intrusive. For an upscale rest., Mortons is always friendly, never stuffy; the patron is made to feel like the only one in the room.Hubby /I don't eat much so split- Mortons never makes us feel bad about and certainly does not charge a split fee. Only (minor) drawback was a little too many "thank you" and "perfect" from the waiter David who is an excellent waiter. So much in a rest is about details and M's gets that. Always willing to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppleberryDined on 9/27/2014Excellent Food and Service. Expensive, but great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- great anniversary dinnerscottwilbournDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our anniversary dinner late Saturday night. We were seated immediately and greeted by our server. The service was great and the food did not disappoint. We had the steak and seafood for two. The steaks were cooked perfectly. I had the shrimp and my wife had the scallops. The food was outstanding. We finished off with chocolate lava cake. Thanks for the great meslSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant!wayne325Dined on 9/19/2014I went there with my wife for the first time and it was fantastic. The service and atmosphere is worth every penny.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I had not been to this Morton's ever, and not to any of the chain in 10+ yrs. It was not as I remembered it. Food was not nearly as good, even the server commented that the shrimp were smaller than they had been. I guess my memory will have to be of the way it used to be.Special Features:
- Great service.ClaireDined on 9/13/2014Our waiters (one was training) were extremely attentive without being overly so. Both were freindly & professional - not at all snobby as I think is sometimes the case in extremely nice restaurants. The food was wonderful & I really love that through Open Table I can let them know its a birthday without having to slip away to find the waiter or call the restaurant separately.Special Features:
- Perfect Place for Special OccasionSteveBDined on 9/8/2014We visited Morton's to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. It was the perfect place to do so. The food and service was outstanding, and they even took our picture and gave us a printed, framed copy to take with us. Expensive, but well worth it for such a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food was good. Tuna Tower amazingShereeDined on 9/8/2014The waiter was a little bit odd as if she was reading out of a book. Too memorized and went over every dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood? No stay with steak!vtc2Dined on 9/6/2014Our first time ordering seafood. In a word - OVERCOOKED! Too late to eat steak for my digestion so thought seafood would better. Both the baked seafood platter and prosciutto encrusted halibut were cooked to death...so dry and tasteless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time diningFiletfinderDined on 9/6/2014We went there for a birthday dinner. Steaks were awesome. Pork chop was awesome. It was just top notch food in all areas. Great staff.Special Features:
- Marverlous MortonsDavidDined on 8/30/2014Food, service and ambience are excellent. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Always special.SpecialVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great place to drink and dine, especially when the weather is very hot or very cold outside. You can make your own "Atmosphere" at Morton's!Special Features:
- Horrible Rip-OFfgmpgDined on 8/23/2014been to Morton's in Chicago a number of years ago.it was outstanding.I expected to pay $400 but not for what we were served.I ordered the special bone-in filet ($49).A small filet arrived and I Asked where was the bone.I couldn't find one. The waitress pointed out essentially a bone chip.I asked for it pittsburg style it should have been red inside.it didn't even taste like a filet.ORdered a side of baked potato. in Chicago it was the hugest, most tasteful potato with about 7 fixings.$13 potato arrived,about your average large Idaho. waitress brought over only butter, sour cream, chives. The potato was hard, not fluffy and wonderful many steak choices in Louisville. Do yourself a favor,pass this one by.better yet, run as fast as you can.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationFredDined on 8/22/2014Took family to dinner to celebrate our grandson's 19th birthday. Everyone & everything was wonderful. Our server was great & staff was most accomodating. FredSpecial Features:
- Date nightRomanticoneDined on 8/20/2014We tried the special hamburger and it was one of the best burgers I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic outingSDicken179VIPDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic food and service! Second visit to a Mortons and I was not dissapointed!Special Features: