Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville
626 West Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 5025840421
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
Please call (502) 584-0421 for details.
- Entertainment: Specially Priced Bar Bites Daily Open - 7pm
- Special Events: Morton's in Louisville hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/louisville
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (55)notable wine list (34)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (16)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Marverlous MortonsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food, service and ambience are excellent. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Horrible Rip-OFfgmpgDined on 8/23/2014been to Morton's in Chicago a number of years ago.it was outstanding.I expected to pay $400 but not for what we were served.I ordered the special bone-in filet ($49).A small filet arrived and I Asked where was the bone.I couldn't find one. The waitress pointed out essentially a bone chip.I asked for it pittsburg style it should have been red inside.it didn't even taste like a filet.ORdered a side of baked potato. in Chicago it was the hugest, most tasteful potato with about 7 fixings.$13 potato arrived,about your average large Idaho. waitress brought over only butter, sour cream, chives. The potato was hard, not fluffy and wonderful many steak choices in Louisville. Do yourself a favor,pass this one by.better yet, run as fast as you can.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationFredDined on 8/22/2014Took family to dinner to celebrate our grandson's 19th birthday. Everyone & everything was wonderful. Our server was great & staff was most accomodating. FredSpecial Features:
- Date nightRomanticoneDined on 8/20/2014We tried the special hamburger and it was one of the best burgers I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic outingSDicken179VIPDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic food and service! Second visit to a Mortons and I was not dissapointed!Special Features:
- Too much bacondrmoogalaDined on 8/16/2014Food was good and so was service but they seem to want to put bacon in everything but your coffeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOccasionalDinerDined on 8/15/2014We had a group of ten and had a private room which was available for a very small surcharge. Service was exceptional and meal preparation outstanding. Would definitely return when in Louisville.Special Features:
- Morton's The Stakehouseluv2dineoutDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit to Morton's. We were delighted with the experience. We had a personalized menu with "Happy Birthday" written across the top which was a very nice touch. Their wine list is extensive. My husband's Lobster Bisque was exceptional & my Baked Five Onion Soup was very good. We both had a six ounce Center Cut Filet Mignon which was very tender, suculent, & cooked to our specifications (his medium rare & mine medium well +). Our side dishes (Sauteed Spinach & Button Mushrooms &" Twiced Baked" Au Gratin Potatoes) were noteworthy. We received a complementary Rasberry Souffle for desert. It was delicious! Our wait staff was outstanding. They were friendly & attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice overallkyhungrymanDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I went to celebrate her birthday. We were offered a nice booth with a great view of the restaurant. My wife received a special "Happy birthday" menu and they took a picture of us and presented it near the end of the evening-both nice special touches. We arrived early and never felt rushed to finish. The filet mignon was tender but lacked (both good beef as well as seasoning) flavor. The sides were delicious. I'm sure we will return, but hopefully I'll remember to order a different steak.Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014We were in town with friends for the PGA tournament and after having a fantastic meal at Eddie Merlots the night before our meal at Morton's was lackluster at best. The fact that the restaurant is below ground level is creepy and dark. There is no cell service which can be a problem if you need to be on call or keep in touch with a sitter. Service was knowledgeable but not friendly and seemed annoyed that we didn't order all courses. Overall we were dissapointed and wouldn't return.
- Nice birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Very nice spot for special occasion meal, service is top notch! I had to send my entree back but it was still good. The hot chocolate cake was excellent, would definitely return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Steakhouse-Louisville, KYrstilsonDined on 8/8/2014We reserved the private banquet room for entertaining clients. We had four children under the age of nine with us and the room allowed us to be comfortable with the normal noise-level to be expected from kids this age, knowing that we weren't disturbing other guests. There was a $1000 minimum tab and an automatic 20% included (6% for banquet room, 14% for server gratuity) to book the private room but it was sooo worth it! The food was delicious (as usual) and the service was flawless. We even celebrated two birthdays while we were there and Morton's brought out a chocolate soufflé for one guest and the other was served chocolate cake. We ended up adding an additional $100 to the gratuity since we had 2 waiter. We <3 Morton's!!Special Features:
- RoToDined on 8/2/2014TJ was our waiter and was personable and attentive. It was a special night for my wife and I and he help make it very special. When my wife and I want to celebrate special occasions, Morton's is our place. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic oneRomanticoneDined on 8/1/2014Dinner was fabulous and our drinks were amazing. Server was fun and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous way to CelebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We had no fewer than 5 employees wish us a happy anniversary. They had our names printed at the top of our menus. They took our photo and gave it to us in a handsome folder, and they provided a complimentary dessert. The sevice was superb and the meal delicious ! I told 10 girlfriends the next day about out wonderful dining experience. We will definitely return. In 31 years we have never been treated better on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost perfect.mariaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Dinner was great, only one item wasn't perfect. The escargot were disappointing, portions were smaller than we remembered and not up to the quality we expected. The rest of the meal was fantastic. Service, as always, was top notch. Never had to ask for water refills or extra bread.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryBandBColemanDined on 7/26/2014The atmosphere, food & service was great as always. We don't mind paying a little more for a great dinner. We also enjoy having a complimentary picture. We are starting a collection of pictures that started with my bridal shower 2 yrs ago & also our 1st anniversary and now our 2nd anniversary dinner! Thanks for the great memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Night!RobinDined on 7/16/2014I was so impressed with Morton's. I had heard about it from friends but had never tried it. The good was absolutely divine. It was a bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Morton'sClayDined on 7/6/2014The BEST steak and Lobster in Louisville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cabincakecabincakeDined on 7/2/2014Everything was very nice. My husband did have to send his steak back as it was over cooked. Second attempt was under cooked. Third attempt came out just perfect. The on-duty manager took care of his meal. We were there celebrating our wedding anniversary. We have dined at this location several times for special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome birthday experienceJessicaDined on 6/29/2014I made a reservation for my boyfriend's birthday and we were both pleasantly surprised! We usually don't splurge like this but decided his birthday was a special enough occasion. We were treated amazing from the moment we walked in the door! Our server, Debbie, was phenomenal. She was very knowledgeable and very kind, she came to the table at just the right times, which helped us relax and enjoy our evening out! The personalized menu and the souvenir photo was icing on the cake! I was very pleased with the visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Great PlaceTenaDined on 6/28/2014Our visit was my second and it was just as fantastic as my first. We were celebrating my grandsons graduation and his girlfriends birthday. I wanted him to experience what a real upscale restaurant was like as he will be in college studying culinary arts as a chef. Morton's has the best steak in the ville!!! The wait staff were fabulous, they left no detail behind. The steak melts in your mouth. Make sure to order their mac & cheese and horseradish smashed potatoes (the sides are enough for 5 or 6 to share). We'll be back at our next special occasion!Special Features:
- Poor service ruined experienceSearching4foodDined on 6/26/2014I contacted corporate to complain after having dinner there the other night on bill of $700+I've not heard back from them. Dinner should have been no more than a 2 hour business dinner but was a 3 hour dinner because of poor service that no one wanted to acknowledge until my husband found the manager. We were hit w/ a hard sales pitch for drink menu after everyone ordered cocktails and a $100.+ bottle of wine. Shellfish platter for 5 delivered at same time wine was being poured. Food was delivered but not asked about until they came to clear a course. Ordered 3 special desserts w entrees waited 40 minutes after entrees cleared for them to arrive. Mngr comped for 3/5 desserts but gave impression our bad service wasn't a big deal.
- Exceptional serviceCorndawgDined on 6/23/2014My experience at Morton's was exceptional. They went over and beyond in making sure my wife and I had a great Anniversary. They suggested and coordinated with flower shop to have Roses delivered to table before we arrived. The customized menu made us feel special. The food was outstanding and our server Debbie was outstanding and nice.By far the best service I've ever received at any restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth it4diningoutDined on 6/16/2014Our dining experience was exceptional! We were greeted by a very pleasant and accommodating hostess and waiter. Our meals were prepared as ordered and delicious! Filet mignon was scrumptious! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Vandyguy1992Dined on 6/12/2014Usually love Morton's - as do the people with me. This location did not live up to the brand. While the food was good, sevice was slow and dragging even though we were one of four tables in the entire restaurant. No manager visit to the table and no enthusiasm. Location is smaller than normal and appeared worn compared to others. Many options for great meals in Louisville...save the Morton's visit for another location.
- A disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/3/2014We ate at Morton's before going to the theater. The service was slow, my husband's steak was over cooked and the very loud music was inappropriate and annoying. Our server apologized for the wait saying the kitchen had gotten backed up. The manager offered to have another steak prepared which would have been fine but wasn't possible since it took so long for the first one to arrive. It was removed from the check. I normally love to eat at Morton's but they've really gone downhill since being purchased by Landry's.
- Prefer the old Morton'sHomanDined on 5/31/2014Miss the cart & the music. Quality still great. Very surprised restaurant was as slow as it was for 8PM on a Saturday night. It was my grandson's grad celebration. He enjoyed his experience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPartyfor80thDined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful meal at an 80th birthday. Staff was excellent as was the food. Steak was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steakGr8foodDined on 5/30/2014The food was excellent the steaks were true perfection and the drinks were tasty. They have a wonderful lava cake dessert that was excellent. The restaurant food was absolutely great, the price was more than we are used to paying for dinner but was a one time event and thought it was well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!Bodigans2Dined on 5/24/2014We had our one year dating and now our one year wedding anniversary at Morton's. Both experiences were perfect, and the staff made everything so memorable! We hopefully will make it a tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodbarrykbrewerDined on 5/24/2014Awesome food and service....3 of us ate like Kings for 125.00 Very attentive staff...Grand Daughter said she felt like a Queen....Cannot stress the quality, Oysters Rockefeller, creamed spinach, huge fillets, huge salads, and great bread. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- 2intimateDined on 5/18/2014The whole experience was great. There was no wait. Food was good. Nice portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregDined on 5/11/2014As usual, a great experience. Great place for a mothers day dinner!Special Features:
- Best steakhouse in Lousville area.VickyVDined on 5/11/2014Amazing experience in Morton's steakhouse on Mother's Day! It's her first time to visit, and she loves it!! Highly recommend to everyone!!!! <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightDatenightDined on 5/10/2014Date night with my girlfriend was excellent. Seth was an excellent server ,and the food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 626 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Louisville reviews archive.
- Awesome food, definitely priceyRmk2Dined on 4/28/2014The whole experience at Morton's was wonderful. It was definitely an expensive meal, but we had expected that. For middle class people, this would not be a place that we would frequent, but for a special night out with your spouse, it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet on a week nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014We were there on a Monday night, which was a very quiet night in the restaurant. The food was delicious and the atmosphere and service were impeccable.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a tremendousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014My wife and I had a tremendous time at Morton's on Saturday evening. First of all we were greeted with the ladies wishing us a Happy Anniversary which totally set us back. I had done all this as a surprise for my wife on our 34th wedding anniversary. The menu with the greeting at the top really made the night worth being there. Our server Paul did a great job of giving us advise on the menu and was always available when we needed something. We also appreciated the lady taking our picture at our table and having it for us. Although we had never been to Morton's I'm sure we will return for another occasion. Thank you for making our night such a tremendous event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!BillDined on 4/5/2014It was my first visit to Morton's although my spouse had dined at a Morton's in the past. Ultra tender steak, fantastic asparagus - everything was just wonderful.Special Features: