Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles
735 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2135534566
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Dining Room:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Please call for details.
- Special Events: Morton's in Los Angeles (Downtown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/losangeles
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles
Morton's, The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (43)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2014We celebrated our son's birthday with a party of 6. Having his name on the menu was a nice touch. The food was great-steaks were prepared perfectly. It was nice going with a party of 6, we had several shareable side dishes and got to sample all of them. The service was top notch. Had a great time.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed By DessertLoveSteakDined on 10/12/2014Had a good time, although I was underwhelmed by the Morton's Sundae. Not a good value at all. If I do go again, I'll try something else for dessert, or nothing at all. Otherwise, enjoyed my entrée and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Disappointed by their serviceMinouyeDined on 10/8/2014Went to lunch, and very disappointed by their slow service and not to pay attention to details. Took forever to get our order in, the server seemed too busy talking among each other. As fancy restaurant like Morton's, I would expect better service. I'm just hoping that we caught on wrong day.Special Features:
- SusieDined on 10/6/2014What a disappointment -- the service was terrible!Special Features:
- Just way overpriced.NightnightDined on 10/5/2014The service was excellent; we were celebrating a special occasion and the staff couldn't have been nicer or more attentive The restaurant itself is typical steakhouse decor, but nothing very remarkable to look at. Nice cocktail & wine list. Food was good, but not fabulous; had a couple of large gristle pieces in my steak. My chief complaint is that it is just way overpriced for the quality of food you get, & that is the reason I wouldn't go back; others are doing this kind of food just as well, if not better, and charging less money.Special Features:
- FoodgasmLACarnivoreDined on 9/26/2014The filet mignon is always amazing, and generally the quality of everything they serve is simply outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrfigSteveVIPDined on 9/25/2014Great dinner after a business meeting. Excellent service and the food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedCulinaryVIPDined on 9/20/2014Look, the food is good, it's just not worth the price. Many items are hits, but too many are misses. The crab cakes are delicious, or shall I say cake (singular). The souffle has no taste at all. seriously, I would rather eat cardboard. The steak was okay, by far not the best i've had. In fact, I would expect that steak at a lesser concept. The service was average, again, great for a two star, but not a Morton's. At the end of the day, Morton's has morphed into a normal chain restaurant that's part of a larger chain. Nothing spectacular to justify the cost. if you're in downtown Los angles, try the Water Grill.Special Features:
- Great Service!DavidDined on 9/20/2014Took my cousin for a bachelor's dinner and the staff took it to another level. Personalized menus, group photo, and every member of the staff congratulated him...Exceptional execution of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific once againLad50VIPDined on 9/18/2014Topnotch service and food once again. Have come here twice before for business dinners and it is consistently very good.Special Features:
- Great place for steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I enjoy attending Morton's for lunch. The 3 course lunch special is amazing and provides great portions for the price. I also look forward to having lunch at Mortons.Special Features:
- HungaryDutchman2HungaryDutchman2Dined on 9/12/2014It was great to celebrate our granddaughter's birthday at a restaurant with great steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Girls night out!bindygrlDined on 8/23/2014Perfect setting for being pampered, served, and adored as girfriends get caught up after a long week. No rush, just good sense of humor, and timing as we meandered through our meal, topped by an awesome cheesecake split between us.Special Features:
- DAVID QUINTANAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Awesome experience. Took two CEO's out for one's birthday. They took a picture of us and gave us back our menu's wrapped in a ribbon along with the photo in a birthday frame. Then brought an awesome pice of cheesecake for the birthday boy. I am going back for the next birthday celebration that comes along.Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantdrivingfordinnerDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary here and were not disappointed. The service was outstanding from the hostess to our table bus service. The food was, as always, beautifully presented, cooked to perfection and delicious!! We particularly love the soufflés for dessert! This is an excellent spot to celebrate any special evening-they even presented us with a photo and commemorative menu with our name and happy anniversary printed on it. It was a wonderful night.Special Features:
- Food - Fantastic...Service - SubparBusinessdinnerAug82014Dined on 8/6/2014Outstanding food, while expense it's worth the money. When spending $120/person for dinner I expect exceptional service...unfortunately it's far from what we recieved...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good meal at MortonsChanceVIPDined on 8/2/2014There were three of us dinning that evening. We had left home early because of traffic but arrived about 20 minutes early. Valet parking is handled by an independent firm and they were busy. We were seated immediately for dinner and all of us had Steaks. My nephew had the Ribeye and my wife and I both had Filets. All of the steaks were prepared to order. The service was the usual Morton's standard even though our original server went on break in the middle of our meal. We don't eat at this Morton's very often since we don't frequent downtown. Would recommend if you lke a good steak.Special Features:
- Celebration, Great Steak & Service2dine4Dined on 7/27/2014Easy reservation process and confirmation through OpenTable for Morton's The Steakhouse DTLA. The attentive server made our birthday celebration extra special. The crab cake, salad, broccoli side, and key lime pie were yummy. The filet mignon was exceptional. We also had an excellent selection with the Dine LA Week special menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingiluvfoodDined on 7/22/2014I came for Dine LA and the food and service were amazing. I definitely plan to come back and try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The filet mignon with the truffle butter was delicious. The bacon mac-n-cheese on the side was the best I've had-it was better than mine, and I make delicious mac-n-cheese. The potatoes were tasty, and the french onion soup had smoky flavors as well- Not too salty, just the right amount of onions. The service was excellent- our waiter was Mickey, and he had a great sense of humor and really helpful. I always say, if I can make what I order, then it wasn't worth it, and I don't think I can replicate that meal- it was a great way to end Sunday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineLAJReneeDined on 7/19/2014Tried Morton's for the first time after seeing them on dineLA. It was a great experience. Service was great; I had the jumbo shrimp with stuffed crab meat... Life changing!! Definitely something you should try if you haven't already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here and they made it such a special experience. They custom printed the menu with "Happy Birthday NAME" on top! They also took a photo of us, printed it out and framed it. On top of all this special attention, the food, wine, and service were outstanding. Keep up the excellent work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Steakhouse in Downtown LAJasonMDined on 7/19/2014I have eaten before at Morton's, which was why it was really a surprise to find that the one in downtown LA was quite average. The food was just OK, but taken in the context of $300 for a meal for two, seems way overpriced. I had the Cajun Ribeye which is marinated for 48 hours prior to being served. It has a nice flavor, with some "kick", but was nothing to try again. It didn't help that the food when it arrived was only lukewarm, and not hot. This was also surprising, since the steak had a very nice sear on it, and was cooked as ordered on the inside, so it was most likely a delivery issue. The restaurant appeared slow, but our server was very distracted for some reason that I couldn't identify. Would not recommend this location.
- DeliciouslovegoodfoodDined on 7/19/2014Morton's comes highly recommended by two of my colleagues for their steak. My husband loves steak and I wanted to make his birthday special. I have absolutely no reservations....this place has great service, tasty food, and a romantic settings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for business lunchLad50VIPDined on 7/17/2014Excellent lunch fare, great service, etc. This Morton's is always terrific.Special Features:
- Bad steaknottryingthisagainDined on 7/16/2014As a steakhouse Morton's burned and overcooked my steak. I think I can do a better job myself.
- Theater findsharDined on 7/16/2014We had dinner here on Wednesday before heading to the theater. The reservation was for 5:30 and due to traffic we were thirty minuted late. I called to explain and they pushed our reservation back. This set the tone for the evening. Everyone was so helpful and polite. The restaurant was very quiet at 6pm but did get busier although never too loud. We were lucky enough to be there during dine LA and availed ourselves of the $45 special. There were a lot of choices and all our dishes tasted delicious. The stuffed shrimp were amazing and all the portions were large. Filet steak melted in the mouth and unfortunately we had eaten so much that we could not finish the delicious key lime pie! Amazing value, great ambiance .Special Features:
- Yummy food and fabulous servicesliyummyDined on 7/13/2014When to Morton's with a group of 9 for birthday gathering. Food and service were excellent. Morton's made the night special with extra surprises. Would go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningAeroflyerDined on 7/12/2014My overall experience was just fine. I was hoping to have a better experience. We need to call on the waiting staff a few times.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Celebrated my son's 21st birthday and couldn't be happier. Great food, nice ambiance. Definitely coming back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchFoodieOverloadDined on 7/11/2014My family and I had a wonderful time and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solidSimimichaelDined on 7/5/2014this restaurant is just what you need 4a good steakhouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014I went to dinner with my wife, sister and brother-in-law. The food was amazing. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineVIPDined on 7/3/2014No valet parking at lunchtime. Walk from parking structure can be far for some people.Special Features:
- Great steak!HungrydudeVIPDined on 6/28/2014I had the 24oz porter house oscar style and it was amazing!! 5 stars!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014My wife and I will always remember our visit to MortonsSpecial Features:
- amazingCarlsbadDined on 6/24/2014This is without question my favorite restaurant. Experience is always amazing!Special Features:
- The following 872 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles reviews archive.
- Great DiningBobbDined on 6/20/2014Wonderful service and cconsistly great food. Staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CocoKay2Dined on 6/15/2014I think this location is great for celebrating a special ocassion for two or small crowd. The atmosphere is quite and the staff is friendly. Will serve as a choice for a relaxing dining experience on a Sunday evening before returning to the daily grind. My husband absoutely loved the ribeye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The only thing that saved the night was another waiter that came to our aid, after we asked for our waiter. I will not return.